PDA

View Full Version : Mesmer build ?

Sysiphus
21-10-2005, 19:53
My first post - searing character was a mesmer and I am still playing with the same mesmer. First I used my mesmer only for the "fast casting" and I used elementalist spells all the way, after ascending I chose necromancer skills and after been defeated a few times in the last mission of the southern shiverpeaks I would like to try a pure mesmer build. I would like to know some mesmer skills that work well together and to which I should attribute points. If it's a uncommon spell, could you please add the place where you got it ... Thx !

ps : any tips on getting past the last southern shiverpeaks mission as a mesmer is appreciated :happy34:

Patccmoi
21-10-2005, 21:22
My first post - searing character was a mesmer and I am still playing with the same mesmer. First I used my mesmer only for the "fast casting" and I used elementalist spells all the way, after ascending I chose necromancer skills and after been defeated a few times in the last mission of the southern shiverpeaks I would like to try a pure mesmer build. I would like to know some mesmer skills that work well together and to which I should attribute points. If it's a uncommon spell, could you please add the place where you got it ... Thx !

ps : any tips on getting past the last southern shiverpeaks mission as a mesmer is appreciated :happy34:

Won't go in details, but there is 2 spells you absolutely want in there, and best is to be at 16 Domination.

Diversion
Waestrel Worry

These are the best 2 spells vs boss, and that's what this mission is all about, killing the boss mobs fast enough. WW deals 68 CLEAN damage every 1.5 sec vs bosses and they nearly never use a skill through it since it's so short. Does huge damage on them overall much more than ANY other class can dream to, it's more than a warrior doing Eviscerate every hit and nearly more than a full duration Firestorm. Mursaat bosses have insane armor and clean damage is the only thing that works fast.

For the rest, i'd suggest a traditional build: Empathy, Backfire, Chaos Storm, Power Drain, W/E elite you want, likely energy management like Mantra of Recall/Energy Drain/Glyph of Energy... Power Spike can be nice too to interrupt fairly often and for nice damage.

But the whole challenge of THK is killing the mesmer bosses fast enough in the end (at least that's what it is when i play it). A good Mesmer running Diversion + WW can EASILY destroy them. Monk boss comes? Diversion, he'll VERY likely cast Orison through it, he's done. Spam WW till he's dead (68 every 1.5 sec is huge damage on them as i said b4). You can easily destroy any Mursaat boss with these 2 skills alone.