PDA

View Full Version : Anti-caster build

hikarihiyou
25-10-2005, 01:10
I've just made an anti-caster build, and it seems to work fairly well in the arenas. I'm open to suggestions though, since I seem to run into slight energy problems. The idea with this build is use wastrel's worry to pressure them, and as soon as they cast a spell, judge which interrupt to use on it. Cry of Frustration is generally reserved for res signets, or if the enemies are clustered. When a monk tries to heal, I generally power spike them, but if they're running around, shame and then wastrel's worry. As soon as they try to heal, they lose energy and wastrel still hurts them. Of course, this build runs into major problems vs. rangers and warriors considering I have nothing against them.

Fast Casting: 6 (5+1)
Domination: 16 (12+4)
Inspiration: 12 (11+1)
Illusion: 5 (4+1)

- Power Spike (Domination)
If target enemy is casting a spell, the spell is interrupted and the enemy takes 108 damage.
Energy:10 Cast Time:0.2 Recharge:15

- Cry of Frustration (Domination)
If target enemy is using a skill, that enemy and enemies nearby are interrupted and suffer 46 damage.
Energy:15 Cast Time:0.2 Recharge:20

- Power Block [Elite] (Domination)
If target enemy is casting a spell, that spell is interrupted. The interrupted spell and all spells of the same attribute are disabled for 16 seconds for that enemy.
Energy:15 Cast Time:0.2 Recharge:30

- Wastrel's Worry (Domination)
After 3 seconds, target foe takes 68 damage. Wastrel's Worry ends prematurely if that foe uses a skill.
Energy:5 Cast Time:0.2 Recharge:1

- Distortion (Illusion)
For 5 Seconds, you have a 75% chance to "evade" attacks. Each time you evade an attack this way, you lose -2 energy or Distortion ends.
Energy:5 Cast Time:0 Recharge:5

- Shame (Domination)
For the next 11 seconds, the next time target enemy casts a spell on an ally, the spell fails and you steal 14 energy.
Energy:10 Cast Time:1.62 Recharge:30

- Drain Enchantment (Inspiration)
Remove an Enchantment from target enemy. If an Enchantment is removed, you gain 20 energy.
Energy:10 Cast Time:0.81 Recharge:25

- Resurrection Signet ()
Resurrect target party member. You can only use this skill ring once per mission.
Energy:0 Cast Time:2.43 Recharge:0

tigercan
25-10-2005, 01:21
I'd take power drain over CoF, especially since you're interrupting anyway. Interrupting res sigs is nice, but you often spend 15 energy doing it just to see them use it again a second later and you can't do anything about it.

I go with SoM over Powerblock to give me more defense vs warriors, because you KNOW they're gonna come after you.

Maybe if you're using distortion as your only defense you could throw in spirit of failure somewhere - that way it'll pay for the cost of distortion provided there's not more than 2 warriors/rangers targeting you. Not sure what you'd drop though. Probably Drain Enchant, but that leaves you vulnerable to IW users...

Tsume
26-10-2005, 08:08
I actually like it. If CoF gives you energy probs, switch to Power Drain.

CoF is so 'leet' though. It's finally got some light on it over the last month, noticed several high end guilds useing it when facing them.

Nothing like an AoE interrupt against Ele/Spike teams.

Course.....we didn't have it when we got beat by a devestating spike....thats another story though..

Patccmoi
26-10-2005, 16:14
I've just made an anti-caster build, and it seems to work fairly well in the arenas. I'm open to suggestions though, since I seem to run into slight energy problems. The idea with this build is use wastrel's worry to pressure them, and as soon as they cast a spell, judge which interrupt to use on it. Cry of Frustration is generally reserved for res signets, or if the enemies are clustered. When a monk tries to heal, I generally power spike them, but if they're running around, shame and then wastrel's worry. As soon as they try to heal, they lose energy and wastrel still hurts them. Of course, this build runs into major problems vs. rangers and warriors considering I have nothing against them.

Fast Casting: 6 (5+1)
Domination: 16 (12+4)
Inspiration: 12 (11+1)
Illusion: 5 (4+1)

- Power Spike (Domination)
If target enemy is casting a spell, the spell is interrupted and the enemy takes 108 damage.
Energy:10 Cast Time:0.2 Recharge:15

- Cry of Frustration (Domination)
If target enemy is using a skill, that enemy and enemies nearby are interrupted and suffer 46 damage.
Energy:15 Cast Time:0.2 Recharge:20

- Power Block [Elite] (Domination)
If target enemy is casting a spell, that spell is interrupted. The interrupted spell and all spells of the same attribute are disabled for 16 seconds for that enemy.
Energy:15 Cast Time:0.2 Recharge:30

- Wastrel's Worry (Domination)
After 3 seconds, target foe takes 68 damage. Wastrel's Worry ends prematurely if that foe uses a skill.
Energy:5 Cast Time:0.2 Recharge:1

- Distortion (Illusion)
For 5 Seconds, you have a 75% chance to "evade" attacks. Each time you evade an attack this way, you lose -2 energy or Distortion ends.
Energy:5 Cast Time:0 Recharge:5

- Shame (Domination)
For the next 11 seconds, the next time target enemy casts a spell on an ally, the spell fails and you steal 14 energy.
Energy:10 Cast Time:1.62 Recharge:30

- Drain Enchantment (Inspiration)
Remove an Enchantment from target enemy. If an Enchantment is removed, you gain 20 energy.
Energy:10 Cast Time:0.81 Recharge:25

- Resurrection Signet ()
Resurrect target party member. You can only use this skill ring once per mission.
Energy:0 Cast Time:2.43 Recharge:0

I understand why you use WW and i really like the skill overall, but i don't actually think it fits well with your build. Appart from Shame, you got nothing really threatening them from casting like Diversion for instance, or something PREVENTING them from using skills, like SoMidnight on a warrior.

What this mean is, for every 15E you spend on WW, you might have 1 that goes off, if that.

I understand that by now you think 'oh but it's not to deal the damage it's to force them to use a skill'... well trust me, that's really not needed most of the time. People WANT to use their skills as much as they can. Even if you have interrupts, all they want to do is manage to use their skills so they'll try as much as they actually can no matter if you WW them or not. WW with no real way to make it detonate at least 1/2 isn't worth it imo. You'll likely end up spending lots of energy on it and won't get any real benefit in the end. Maybe that's not how it works for you, i don't know, but this has always been my experience with the skill. If i have shutdowns, i'll always include it, but otherwise it always seemed like an unworthy skill slot for me.

If you have energy trouble but still want to interrupt skills, Leech Signet is actually very good. Long recharge true, but it's really not that bad in game and surprisingly it's ready often enough when i really want it, just be picky on what you interrupt with it (i.e. don't use it to interrupt a rez sig that's gonna be reuse 1 sec after unless the guy is very near death, don't use it on a healing signet if the warrior is above 50% health, etc)

Oh, anc 12 in inspiration for Drain Enchant only, not worth it. Don't underestimate FC, take down 1 point in inspiration and raise FC by 2-3, it's really worth it overall, more than 1 energy per 20 sec. Can make a nice difference on Shame.