PDA

View Full Version : N/Me PvE Help!

Dzeor
30-10-2005, 13:54
First of all, this is my first post and im a new user + my english is not the best possible :howdy:

And.. I have now changed secondary profession twice and now im a N/Mesmer and having some little problems.
There were some great builds on this forum, but they were all PvP and i dont need that yet, now i just want to get to the end of the game.

But.

I Cant figure out any good PvE build that could get me through Thunderhead.
Could be that i dont have other Elite's than Grenth's Balance, but only reason that i havent gotten them is that i just SUCK!
So now i need a real PVE build, nothing like Battery necros or supporting.
I need to kill things, but somehow i dont like Death/Minions at all!
Maybe i would like to be a Spiker + fast health degen ..dunno

This might seem to be little confusing but Please, help me out... :confused:
If nothing else, just for an example post your own N/Me build that you used in PvE

Lord Anthrax
30-10-2005, 17:03
I too tried playing with Death+Minions, and while they are fun, later in the game they become too much trouble to deal with(at least for me). I haven't played much with Blood skills, but I have been playing with Curses, and you'd be surprised how much damage they can do(I know I was).

Here's one Curse setup that's pretty easy and effective to use:

16(12+1+3) Curses
11(10+1) Soul Reaping
9(8+1) Blood

Parasitic Bond
Arcane Echo
Spiteful Spirit{Elite}
Mark of Pain
Insidious Parasite
Enfeeble/Enfeebling Blood
Awaken the Blood
Desecrate Enchantments

The objective of this build is simple. Cast Awaken the Blood before a fight. On any group of Mobs, get your allies to follow your called target on Mark of Pain. This will do 40+ damage every blow that does physical damage to all surrounding enemies. Then, go one target over(cycle targets to get one nearby in that group)and toss Spiteful Spirit on him. Between the two, the enemies are going to drop incredibly fast.

Alternative strategies include using Arcane Echo to spread Mark or Spiteful even further. Then toss Parasitic to help heal yourself, with Insidious on other threatening targets(such as those that slip past the Warriors, or Bosses), use Enfeeble or Enfeebling Blood to weaken warrior enemies and make it easier on the Warriors, and toss Desecrate on anything that Enchants itself, such as Monk and Ele foes.

Spiteful Spirit is one of the best Necro Elites, and to cap it, IMO the easiest way is to make for Camp Rankor, then keep zoning in and out back South towards Drok's until you see Night(spelled erroneously as Nighh in-game)Spinechill, the Necro Azure Shadow boss, spawn there.

One of my Guildmates who also plays Necro and I used Spiteful and Feast of Corruption(another excellent Necro Elite)while doing Ring of Fire last night, and we were killing the enemies as fast if not faster than Elementalists(of which there were none in that group). It really is an underestimated setup.

Ubermancer
30-10-2005, 19:52
Necro Nukers are sorely underrated. They can deal absurd AOE damage, including spike, and have alot more utility spells then an elementalist.

Just advertise your DPS and youll have people either sending your invites, or whispering you and calling you a liar! ;)

Oh, and fiends work just fine throughout the whole game if you know what your doing. They are overpowered through alot of it too.

Van Tomiko
31-10-2005, 02:24
One of my Guildmates who also plays Necro and I used Spiteful and Feast of Corruption(another excellent Necro Elite)while doing Ring of Fire last night, and we were killing the enemies as fast if not faster than Elementalists(of which there were none in that group). It really is an underestimated setup.

Elementalist doesn`t deal the most damage :lol: . The most damaging is Fire because it attack in large area (AoE). Air is strong too, but its to single target. Obsidian Flame? nahhh ...... Mesmer's power spike deal comparable damage to it and it doesn`t cause exhaustion. A team of Mo, Mes and Nec will be the most damaging combination in the game.

Just like what Lord Anthrax said, who need Ele when you can stick the Hex to them. You cant run from Hex (considering no Hex removal involve) compared to AoE fire. As for the Necro .... you also can try to bring Dark Pact and Shadow Strike.

Lord Anthrax
31-10-2005, 07:30
Oh, and fiends work just fine throughout the whole game if you know what your doing. They are overpowered through alot of it too.

Bone Fiends are terrific critters to have. Trouble is, Spectral Agony does horrid things to minions. Against Mursaat and Jades, it's IMO more trouble than it's worth. If you can make it work, more power to you, friend. Me, I'd rather sling Spiteful everywhere and watch the pretty yellow numbers from that than from Fiends.

Don't mean to hijack the OP's topic and turn this into a Minion discussion/arguement. My bottom line is I prefer Curses in the late game content(from THK onward at least).