PDA

View Full Version : Infusion question

Hanard
09-11-2005, 09:03
I just recently went through the mission and got infused to withstand the Murssat attacks. And I asked in guild tonight that if I got new armor would I have to do it agian. The answer was yes. However, no one had an answer to the question I had after that. Is infusion global? I mean, could you in fact replace your entire armor and have one piece from your old armor and infusion still work due to the global of that one piece? Has anyone tested this? It would be nice to know as then if you did have that one piece and it was global. You could either A.) carry it with you B.) wear it. And not have to redo this mission at all.

damkel
09-11-2005, 09:04
well done getting infused

Hanard
09-11-2005, 09:05
Wow quick reply and thank you. Was alot harder than I thought with just henchies.

Hanard
09-11-2005, 17:22
I take it no one knows?

Phaeax
09-11-2005, 18:09
Not global. You have a certain percent chance of being hit by Spectral Agony in different body locations, and the infusion check is then made.

Also, henchmen after Iron Mines have 3 of 5 pieces of their armor infused. So they have a chance to suffer the full wrath of Spectral Agony or the more mild one.

Ubermancer
09-11-2005, 18:35
Not global. You have a certain percent chance of being hit by Spectral Agony in different body locations, and the infusion check is then made.

Also, henchmen after Iron Mines have 3 of 5 pieces of their armor infused. So they have a chance to suffer the full wrath of Spectral Agony or the more mild one.

Wrong. Infusion is global - but it is also cumulative. 4 infused pieces wont be as good as 5, but it will be *alot* better then 0.

IIRC, I had 4 infused pieces at one point and was taking -6 degen from Spectral Ownage alone.

slimreb
09-11-2005, 18:48
I am not sure if it is global or not. All I can state is that if you have a piece of non-infused armor you get hit for more degen than if you had all 5 pieces infused. I found this out with my Mesmer when I switched from illusion to domination. I switched my mask and forgot to get that infused. So I went into Ring of Fire and started getting hit hard with Spectral Agony. When I switched the masks back I did not have as much degen.

So if it is does go by body part I had really bad luck and always got hit in the head with Spectral Agony. So either way I believe it is indeed cumulative.

Phaeax
09-11-2005, 19:29
Wrong. Infusion is global - but it is also cumulative. 4 infused pieces wont be as good as 5, but it will be *alot* better then 0.

IIRC, I had 4 infused pieces at one point and was taking -6 degen from Spectral Ownage alone. Thanks for setting me straight. ;) I knew it was dependent on the amount infused, as ArenaNet announced the henchmen change as such, but haven't actually moused over the skill to see its effect on me with partial infusion.

A note about infusing more armor though, be sure not to talk to the Seer after recovering the Spectral Essence while wearing all infused armor. If you have any piece that isn't infused, he'll ask you if you want to infuse it, giving you the opportunity to add more. But if you talk to him wearing all infused armor, he'll tell you he's helped all he can and will send you on your merry way with no further chance to infuse from that Spectral Essence.