PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars Lag caused by GWO ads

John Von Pert
13-11-2005, 06:08
While I doubt there's anything you can do about it other than change your ads, which I doubt is going to happen, I just wanted to notify you that while using Firefox, certain animated ads cause severe lag in GW because of the CPU usage that they cause. The only one that I can get up right now that causes it is the City of Villains ad on the main page, but there have been numerous other ads before that cause this same problem.

Kind of annoying when I want to keep a page of GWO up, such as one in the Cartography section while playing, but cannot because of the certain ad that happened to pop up.

Also, I didn't seem to see another thread about this, but if it's been brought up before, I apologize.

milan Olsivi
13-11-2005, 12:10
Fire fox can become a real resource hog when viewing certain pages, taking up to 98% of system resources. I used to have this problem particularly when trying to view ads, now I have the maps saved as image files on my pc I don't have to worry.

Tinarto
13-11-2005, 13:52
I experience the same thing, John.

While I doubt there's anything you can do about it other than change your ads, which I doubt is going to happen, I just wanted to notify you that while using Firefox, certain animated ads cause severe lag in GW because of the CPU usage that they cause. The only one that I can get up right now that causes it is the City of Villains ad on the main page, but there have been numerous other ads before that cause this same problem.

Kind of annoying when I want to keep a page of GWO up, such as one in the Cartography section while playing, but cannot because of the certain ad that happened to pop up.

Also, I didn't seem to see another thread about this, but if it's been brought up before, I apologize.

JasonLa
15-11-2005, 05:27
It is a problem with flash. Those darn flash adds use up alot of cpu and ram. Best thing to do is copy frequently referenced materials for use while in game. Or try and reload the page for nonflash adds to load.

I think there may even be a way of doing something in the flash settings maybe, although I have not bothered to check them to see if there is anything in there that will help.