PDA

View Full Version : The new armor crafting database

boxterduke
17-11-2005, 13:35
Looks amazing and I like that it has pics for both female and male.
One thing though you might want to add is Fissure armor pictures, collector armor picture and the starter armor pictures.

It you do that then the database would be absolutely complete.

I hope you are taken to my idea and see it someday :)

Thank you for a great site by the way.

Icarus Tyler
17-11-2005, 14:47
Yup, it's pretty cool. When I started Guild Wars I chosed my armors according to the pictures in the database :)

Anyway, I helped getting the pics and the materials and we have decided that Fissure armor is just too expensive. It does look cool and would make this archive perfect, but either getting all the resources, organise donations or organising a photo-session would take too much time and the rl-price/target wouldn't stand in good relations.

Icarus Tyler (I'm Icarus T. and Andromeda T. in the list :) )

Wandalf
17-11-2005, 15:35
How about reaching out the the GWO community then?
I think there are plenty of forummembers with FoW armor. :D

boxterduke
17-11-2005, 16:27
How about reaching out the the GWO community then?
I think there are plenty of forummembers with FoW armor. :D
Yeah they can do that or just get the pictures like they have with the rest of the armors.
They look kinda official like the ones in the maual. I'm sure anet has pics of them.

Doyle
17-11-2005, 16:50
I love it as well!

But I agree with Icarus -- getting models for all the fissure armors would be difficult, especially since a lot of people skip some of the less visible/distinctive parts (e.g., I don't know any mesmers with fissure gloves) since it's all so outrageously expensive.

...and the rl-price/target wouldn't stand in good relations.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here...

Icarus Tyler
17-11-2005, 18:07
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here...

I had some problems finding the right words, but what I meant was soemthing like "It's doesn't pay off".

If we would try to gather all the materials to make all 12 armors it would take too much time, and nobody would want to do it.

An old calculation says that you need to farm 4 hours a day for 30 days, and then you could buy an armor, if the prices are low. Imagine that for 12 models :)

Chantal Dubois
18-11-2005, 13:47
Looks amazing and I like that it has pics for both female and male.
One thing though you might want to add is Fissure armor pictures, collector armor picture and the starter armor pictures.

It you do that then the database would be absolutely complete.

I hope you are taken to my idea and see it someday :)

Thank you for a great site by the way.

I do have pics of all the collector armors, but those need to go in a different section.

If you'd like to help out with paying for the Fissure armors, we'd be very grateful.

We're glad you're enjoying the site thus far. :D

Doyle
18-11-2005, 14:39
I had some problems finding the right words, but what I meant was soemthing like "It's doesn't pay off".

If we would try to gather all the materials to make all 12 armors it would take too much time, and nobody would want to do it.

An old calculation says that you need to farm 4 hours a day for 30 days, and then you could buy an armor, if the prices are low. Imagine that for 12 models :)

True -- and you've piqued my curiousity. I might start a thread to see how much fissure armor is out there.

zweistein
11-12-2005, 18:54
Imho, Even if there are not all FoW armor pictures, infromation about materials for sets would be most welcome, and I'm sure that there are people who already have Full sets willing to be screenshoted. (And even partial sets would be great)

So at least for completeness sake, at least prices should be included

Also, I'd like to RFE that you include Starter armor just for completeness and Collectors armor (Getting full set in pre-sear quality is easy for collector and even easies for starter :) ) with collectors, as price needed collectibles for highest AL vesion can be inclused.

Again colmpleteness and easines :)

zweistein
11-12-2005, 18:58
Also i have cool feature idea:

With little javascript, you can add inputboxes for all material prices, which will then be able to calculate "real" value of armor at present time, could take little coding and some boring updating but it would be cool (it would be even cooler if you could import value from game directly, but its impossible atm :)

Fallen_62
12-12-2005, 15:49
The problem with the prices is that they change a lot. I have problems staying on top of things the way it is, and the prices fluctuate almost daily. It would be a nice feature, but near impossible to do, ATM (if ever)

zweistein
12-12-2005, 15:56
The problem with the prices is that they change a lot. I have problems staying on top of things the way it is, and the prices fluctuate almost daily. It would be a nice feature, but near impossible to do, ATM (if ever)

Thats why there would be input boxes so that player can enter current prices himself (and one could make it kinda wiki-style so that last entered prices will be remembered and boxes prefiled with them.)

(One could even use this info sotred and put kinda stock-exhange style chart on mainpage, if users update info at least daily and past prices are stored. Think of it like Favor stats thingy that went in forums.)

Fallen_62
12-12-2005, 16:06
The problem with that is the possibility for user abuse (i.e. 99999999999 plat for 1 ecto, etc).

zweistein
12-12-2005, 16:16
The problem with that is the possibility for user abuse (i.e. 99999999999 plat for 1 ecto, etc).

Possible solutions:

Only registered can enter values that remain in DB (easy to filter damage done by one person, easy to ban one person)

Stricter: only menbers above certain post number or sponzors can enter values which are stored (others can enter values as calculate, but their data wont be stored)

Or, have algortihm allow maximum value difference from previous value (like system will take only 50% changes (or, even better, +-10% in one hour since last change, +-20% on two hourse since change ... to allow longer delays between updates): drop from 16plat to 10 plat will do, drop to 1 plat or raise to 9999 plat certrainly wont)

(Anyway, such abuse wont be that sever since user can correct it fast enough, and information here is not critical as it wont change economy in game)

zweistein
17-12-2005, 13:43
(kinda implemented here: http://gw.zweistein.cz/index.php , it might just work :-)

Fallen_62
17-12-2005, 17:48
Possible solutions:

Only registered can enter values that remain in DB (easy to filter damage done by one person, easy to ban one person)

Stricter: only menbers above certain post number or sponzors can enter values which are stored (others can enter values as calculate, but their data wont be stored)

Not a bad idea, but then I would have to cross reference with the DB from the forums, but we have done it on other pages, so I can prolly nab the code from there (I dont have PHP and mysql languages til next semester). Again, the problem with that is we could have users register for the sole purpose of fudging the counts.

Or, have algortihm allow maximum value difference from previous value (like system will take only 50% changes (or, even better, +-10% in one hour since last change, +-20% on two hourse since change ... to allow longer delays between updates): drop from 16plat to 10 plat will do, drop to 1 plat or raise to 9999 plat certrainly wont)

Holy coding batman! :p I could prolly do that, it would just take a little bit (after I learn the language). I dont think that would be too hard in php.

(Anyway, such abuse wont be that sever since user can correct it fast enough, and information here is not critical as it wont change economy in game)

That is true. Who knows, it might go into the page, it might not :p Depends on how much time I have and how fast I learn PHP and mySQL :happy34:

zweistein
18-12-2005, 19:06
Not a bad idea, but then I would have to cross reference with the DB from the forums, but we have done it on other pages, so I can prolly nab the code from there (I dont have PHP and mysql languages til next semester). Again, the problem with that is we could have users register for the sole purpose of fudging the counts.

Holy coding batman! :p I could prolly do that, it would just take a little bit (after I learn the language). I dont think that would be too hard in php.

That is true. Who knows, it might go into the page, it might not :p Depends on how much time I have and how fast I learn PHP and mySQL :happy34:

Well, i can offer assistance, as you see, i made lame version of what i've wanted :] and I'm willing to share source :]