View Full Version : The Harvester.

Lyht
14-12-2005, 16:14
The farm build I used to save up the investments for my imonk in Augury:

Build:
W/Mo

Equipment:

Weapons:
Axe of enchanting, preferably 15^50, 15 while enchated/stance.

Shields:
16 Armor, +45 while enchanted -2 dmg while enchanted

Runes:
Sup Tactics
Sup Axe Mastery
Sup/major Vigor
Sup/major Absorbtion
Minor Strength

Armor:
1.5k/15k Gladiator's and Ascalon helm.

Attributes:
Healing - 8
Tactics - 12+3+1(may not have maxed here)
Axe - 11+3(not sure)
Strength - enough to get 11 seconds of sprint

Skills:
1 - Bonnetti's Defense
2 - Healing Breeze
3 - Cyclone Axe
4 - Live Vicariously
5 - Mending
6 - Sprint
7 - Gladiator's Defense
8 - Vigorous Spirit

What to do: Cast mending, run past minos, use sprint to cut of any devs that may follow you once you arrive to griffons agro 2~4 mobs(depending on your skill) cast Live Vicariously followed by Glad's defense followed by vigorous spirit/healing breeze and cyclone axe. Now your adrenaline should be full so activate bonneti ASA glads ends, get nrgy to max, cast healing breeze + cyclone axe, if the mob is huge enough u'll get full adrenaline if its not then its not lethal enough to kill you without bonnetti on, so cyclone again turn on bonnetti get all nrgy cast ehaling breeze and glads defense, + vigorous spirit and just cyclone until glads defense runs out. Rinse and repeat. Takes a little getting used to. Occasionally Dev's may interupt your sequence and then its "gg". :rolleye2:

I clear the area of griffons(boss excluded) in ~7 mins and get around 1k + 0~4 gold drops. I also don't think that losing 150 hp was a bad idea, it really speeds up the process. Its quite effective, but once I got my monk kick started I understood how n00b warrior farming was. NOW EVERYONE FARM, FARM, FARM, become i-monks and farm even more!! :lol:

LeTHaL_BaNaNa
14-12-2005, 16:50
d00d, that's like sooooo 4 months ago...

Lyht
14-12-2005, 17:02
D00d 7h475 l13K 73h f457357 8U1Ld 4f73|2 403 p47Ch d0nch4 n0 0Mf6 n008 66. 84 17 w45 l31K 73h 8L47h45 4u|24 57uff. 50 n0w L31K 57Uff 73H cum846 4nd 3nj0y 73H 51L3nC3. n00n3 45K3d y0U f0|2 73h d473 K7hx.

Xcutioner
14-12-2005, 17:03
The format was nice though.
Might help some new guys get a leg up against the griffon opressors.

It's not the fastest build ever by any means.

Also shouldnt that be:
84L7h45 4u|24 and not 8L47h45 4u|24

Geez! Get it right when u go 133t. hehe.

Straegaard
14-12-2005, 17:29
Xcutioner: Geez! Get it right when u go 1337 :happy34:

Personaly i like Shield of judgement alot better than gladiators. That way you can bring symbol of wrath (and maybe balth's aura) too. I know they starts running when you cast it but most of the time they will take the 2-3 first hits and come back for the last.
So if you start out casting SoJ, and then when it stops you can go SoW and bonetti's (just remember to go into bonettis AFTER using SoW or you'll end the stance :eek: )

But yeah, the build is old. There's alot of farming builds for griffons based on SoJ or Glad defense just with some minor differences in the other skills.

I would probablu go:

Bonettis
Cyclone
SoW
SoJ
Breeze
vigorous
Mending
Live vicariously

Fafner
14-12-2005, 23:47
Get out of your comfortable little wa mo shell and experiment. You might be surprised at what you come up with. While the Wa Mo used to be one of the best farmers, the new AI has forced people to use glads/SoJ and cyclone axe. There exist more potent, non elite combos.

W/R, W/N are faster can kill warrior boss in a minute or so (while killing others).

W/E is the best I've come up with for this run. Of course, nothing can beat that 55hp build.

We all should just no longer bother with other classes that don't have 55hp and prot spirit.

Kyousei Raikou
15-12-2005, 00:23
An EXCELLENT build for power leveling. Use it in Talus Chute against the trolls in the cave just north of droks. Bring one low lvler and throw down Berserker's just when they start to drop.

Straegaard
15-12-2005, 19:44
Get out of your comfortable little wa mo shell and experiment. You might be surprised at what you come up with. While the Wa Mo used to be one of the best farmers, the new AI has forced people to use glads/SoJ and cyclone axe. There exist more potent, non elite combos.

W/R, W/N are faster can kill warrior boss in a minute or so (while killing others).

W/E is the best I've come up with for this run. Of course, nothing can beat that 55hp build.

We all should just no longer bother with other classes that don't have 55hp and prot spirit.

W/E? how do you do that?
27 energy isn't really alot to work with :s

it's just that it's alot easier to keep your health up with the monk skills when surrounded by 10+ monsters

Fafner
15-12-2005, 20:19
W/E? how do you do that?
27 energy isn't really alot to work with :s

it's just that it's alot easier to keep your health up with the monk skills when surrounded by 10+ monsters

I have 39 energy, +5, +45 while enchanted scroll, 15% while enchanted axe, 20% longer enchants (farmed from the very things I kill with it).

39 energy is more than enough.

AoE + healing sig is more than enough, trust me.

Whirlwind + AS does the trick with new AI. I use a different sequence when rockshots are around, 1 bothers me 25% of the time, 2 50%, 3 75%...the stats arent exact but you get the idea

Straegaard
15-12-2005, 20:26
I have 39 energy, +5, +45 while enchanted scroll, 15% while enchanted axe, 20% longer enchants (farmed from the very things I kill with it).

39 energy is more than enough.

AoE + healing sig is more than enough, trust me.

Whirlwind + AS does the trick with new AI. I use a different sequence when rockshots are around, 1 bothers me 25% of the time, 2 50%, 3 75%...the stats arent exact but you get the idea

So i quess im still supposed to use bonettis to recharge energy, right? then what about the collectors focus-item-thing outside of ToA? the one with something like +15 energy -1 regen (or something similair). would the -regen do any change if you use bonettis?

Fafner
15-12-2005, 22:22
39 nrg is more than enough, I forgot to mention I'm using a zealous haft. I like the health and armour from the 5,45 scroll. With a +27 nrg you'd be at no regen, and bonettis would be fine for larger mobs. However with smaller ones, the 5,45 is fine.

And, yes, you recharge with bonettis. I don't want to give away the exact order, you'll figure that out yourself in 1-2 groups. Perhaps you might improve it.

Shinnspirit
16-12-2005, 11:35
Well . I can manage with 27 energy for my W/E in griffon farming even trolls..
The build I use

14 Tactics -sup rune
10 earth
rest into sword

Deadly Riposte
Riposte
Bonetti's def
glad's def
aftershock
armor of earth
magnetic aura
healing sig

Use armor of earth 10energy ,aftershock energy and then glad's def. 5energy
left 2 energy >> wait till 5 energy use deadly riposte
when bonetti's is up use it.
the spam aftershock , deadly riposte , riposte and glad's def
and use bonettis when energy is low.

Tip: Spam aftershock when use are about to take damage and in bonetti's !
Theres a chance when ur energy get healed back after u use aftershock !

Its hard to die with this build coz armor of earth gives so much armor ! And u can also use healing sig in the stances ! =) Happy farming

Straegaard
16-12-2005, 17:15
14 Tactics -sup rune
10 earth
rest into sword

Deadly Riposte
Riposte
Bonetti's def
glad's def
aftershock
armor of earth
magnetic aura
healing sig

i'll try it as soon as i get some skillpoints for armor of earth and magnetic aura :surprise:
I tried some different things today but i really didn't have that much to choose from since i've used up all my skillpoints -.-
I had quite a hard time keeping my health up so i'll have to get armor of earth i can see =)
w/mo it is then, skillpoint farming :happy65:

Fafner
16-12-2005, 20:17
Well . I can manage with 27 energy for my W/E in griffon farming even trolls..
The build I use

14 Tactics -sup rune
10 earth
rest into sword

Deadly Riposte
Riposte
Bonetti's def
glad's def
aftershock
armor of earth
magnetic aura
healing sig

Use armor of earth 10energy ,aftershock energy and then glad's def. 5energy
left 2 energy >> wait till 5 energy use deadly riposte
when bonetti's is up use it.
the spam aftershock , deadly riposte , riposte and glad's def
and use bonettis when energy is low.

Tip: Spam aftershock when use are about to take damage and in bonetti's !
Theres a chance when ur energy get healed back after u use aftershock !

Its hard to die with this build coz armor of earth gives so much armor ! And u can also use healing sig in the stances ! =) Happy farming

Whirlwind/AS does more damage. Gives you a breather to trip healing sig as well. Your build is nice, but feels more brute forceish to me. Mine is faster. All the equipment I use (zealous, 15% enchnated, 20% longer enchants, scroll +5,+45) can be crafted and bought cheap (save the 20% longer which is only icing on the cake).

I use mine to farm trolls as well. Don't use healing sig until the second series, they'll all run then, or use heal sig while bonettis is up, then immediately cyclone axe.

Anyway, I don't mean to diss your build, its fine. You say potatoe, I say potato.