PDA

View Full Version : Search = Connection closed by remote server

Dukan
05-01-2006, 10:13
Anyone else experiencing this?

I rely on this forum for a lot of good stuff. It's very frustrating. This past week has been worse than usual. I can search other forums powered by vBulletin just fine... but this one seems to have problems on a daily basis.

Is it just that overloaded with traffic, or what?

Mawgleah
05-01-2006, 11:57
Using the search feature can be quite challenging, I agreed. Here are some of the things that I've found to be very helpful when using search and can almost always find what I'm looking for without getting an error message.

1) Use a single word when searching. I've never had any luck getting the search feature to work if I use more than that. It may take me a little longer to find what I'm looking for, as if I don't find anything with a particular word, then I try a slightly different one.

2) Don't use just a three-letter word. The search doesn't seem to like this either.

3) I use the advance search and search through Titles Only. I also search in a specific forum, the one where I would most expect to find the information.

I won't say this will prevent you from getting errors every time, nor is it a big help if the word you're searching for has been misspelled in the topic title.

However, all that being said, you can still have difficulty searching and I'm not sure why. It's one of the reasons why we created and try to keep updated the Topics of Interest thread, stickied at the top of this forum.