PDA

View Full Version : Oh pwnt! Server Upgrade?

nightrunner
09-01-2006, 07:35
Yay for server upgrade! :D

But I'm seeing some odd things - avatars don't seem to be working (yes, I did re-upload - still no Rikku! :eek: ) and there are funny numbers under a lot of names (I.E. mine has a 5) and the posting box seems different, looks more bland than I seem to recall.

Any info on this (especially the little 5, what does it mean?) :surprise:

And Night gib GWO staff cookie :D

Zero RoGuE
09-01-2006, 08:45
ive been haveing the same avatar problem.. but from what i can see this is only temp.

Chaotic one
09-01-2006, 08:48
ive been haveing the same avatar problem.. but from what i can see this is only temp.

i am also having avatar problems

Tsukasa Kusanagi
09-01-2006, 08:57
For me it's worse then that, I can't see avatars, [TRUE]'s private forum, and my own posts[I think I have double posted alot, so please forgive me. I thought it was my computer on the fritz at first]
Edit: Oh, yay, I see this post! Can't see others though. .

ColdwaveKid
09-01-2006, 10:46
Yeah I am having avatar problems. But who cares, my complaints in other threads about the forum being super slow appear to be no more. :D

Fallen_62
09-01-2006, 14:06
Yes, we have updated the forum software :D We are still working some things out, but we should be up and running, for the most part. Tsukasa, I will look at your settings and see why you cant see the TRUE forum.

edit: You should be able to see the private forum just fine, Tsukasa. Its visible to everyone, you just need a password to get into it... If you still cant see it, let me know.

Reverend Loki
10-01-2006, 03:37
Just wanted to include that not only has my avatar gone missing from the forum posts, as has everyone elses, but when I just tried to upload a new avatar via the cp, I was informed that I cannot upload animated images. I'm really hoping that will not be a new rule when the upgrade bugs are worked out...

Fallen_62
10-01-2006, 06:18
First off, we know about the avatars ;) We are working on that. As for the not uploading animated 'tars, I will look into that, as we have always allowed them...

Reverend Loki
10-01-2006, 18:59
Yeah, I figured it was just one of those temporary hiccups... wouldn't have even posted myself if it weren't for the whole animated bit, which I hadn't seen posted. It all looks good now, though!

Well, except for the whole editting options buttons not working thing while trying to make this post (Bold, Italics, smilies, etc). Using Firefox 1.5.

These forums need a beta server.. yeah, that's it... and new classes, and posting skills, and...

Erasculio
13-01-2006, 01:24
Ok, what's happening? :undecided: Where did those new smiles come from? What's this green circle bellow my name? Are they watching me?! Help!

Seriously, cool new features. Is there any other surprise in the horizon?

Erasculio

Fallen_62
13-01-2006, 01:38
To be honest, I dont know. Whatever Rush has in store for us, its going to be new to me, too :p

Reverend Loki
13-01-2006, 04:05
Ok, what's happening? :undecided: Where did those new smiles come from? What's this green circle bellow my name? Are they watching me?! Help!

Seriously, cool new features. Is there any other surprise in the horizon?

Erasculio
:scratch: Well, as for those green/red circles, hovering one's mouse pointer over it leads to a tool-tip hint pop-up that reveals green circle = online, while red circle = not.

As for the new smilies... well, if you ask real nice, maybe they can take them away from your account... ;)

LiQuID StEeL
13-01-2006, 04:37
Looks good. My prayers are still going for a Quick Reply sometime :afro: <--- That smiley is so cool

:afro: :afro: :afro:

nightrunner
13-01-2006, 04:45
Night would like to take this opportunity to cheer the appearance of new smilies!!! ^_^

Fallen_62
13-01-2006, 05:59
Looks good. My prayers are still going for a Quick Reply sometime :afro: <--- That smiley is so cool

:afro: :afro: :afro:

We used to have one, but we took it off a long time ago... I kinda liked that, too...

snowkissed
13-01-2006, 18:11
My favorite smiley is gone :cry:

ArbainHestia
13-01-2006, 18:29
My favorite smiley is gone :cry:

My :howdy: and :buddies: are gone too. :weep:
:upset:

Shimus DarkRaven
15-01-2006, 04:20
Good job on the fix and new smilies though. Even if something happens, you guys fix it good ^_^

--The Shim

Reverend Loki
09-02-2006, 21:03
Well, it's been awhile since the upgrade, and it appears that we are still unable to load animated gifs for forum avatars. Are we still working on a fix, or is this to become the new standard?

Elly
10-02-2006, 04:27
Well, it's been awhile since the upgrade, and it appears that we are still unable to load animated gifs for forum avatars. Are we still working on a fix, or is this to become the new standard?

But you have an animated avatar.

/confused.

Wandalf
10-02-2006, 06:25

/confused.

Y'know, I was gonna point out the same thing when I read the post.
Loki, your avatar is one of the few ones that actually IS animated.

Reverend Loki
10-02-2006, 23:03

/confused.
Yes, but that was loaded in "the before time". Notice it's still my Christmas-themed one. I was about to replace it with a different animated avatar, and in the process of doing so, the forum software informed me that I was not allowed to upload animated images.

This is not the first time I saw this error. Right after the forum software upgrade that spawned this thread, all of the avatars were gone. I decided to try and upload my current avatar then, and ran into the trouble with animation then. Knowing that the admins were working on a number of issues with the upgrade, I mentioned it once and let it slide. Eventually they fix the missing avatar issue, and everyone's avatar shows up, including the one I had loaded before the upgrade. Well, it's been a while, and I go to upload a different avatar, and... well, there ya go.

Mr Panda
13-02-2006, 22:39
I think my poor avatar has been through about three, maybe four server upgrades/database movements. It's been completely corrupted; but I've grown attached to it now. For anyone that actually remembers/cares to, it used to be a panda, but now, it's, well...modern art...?

Like it though, it has a calming randominity about it.