PDA

View Full Version : New character

boxterduke
09-01-2006, 17:31
I'm excited about this class (well both of the new ones) since both seem to be dark classes like the necro.
I cannot wait for chapter 2.
I'm going to the store soon to fine a copy of computer gaming world to read on my break.

Yay first post here in the new Ritualist forums.

Ubermancer
09-01-2006, 17:48
Damn, ya beat me to it.

Im curious - what will the Ritualist's head armor be? Blindfold?

I see aspects of the Ranger, Mesmer, Necro, and Monk in the Ritualist... it should be fun to see how they play out :D I know the first thing my Necor will be doing is The Ritualists Path!

BunnyLord
10-01-2006, 03:01
Illidan are you there?

BloodKrazeee
10-01-2006, 03:18
Illidan are you there?
LOL. I was thinking the exact same thing! The second I read "this guy may be blindfolded, but he doesn't need to see to kill you", I thought "Illidan...Illidan...Illidan", and then I read "resembles a dark, savage (*ignores the word priest*)", the picture was formed in my head :happy53:
Of course, the ritualist does sound interesting...summoning spirits that you use for other purposes? Makes me think about immobile minions, a taste of death skill that heals other people in your party, and putrid explosion.

Ubermancer
10-01-2006, 05:09
a taste of death skill that heals other people in your party

I think a twist on Divine Intervention would be fun :)

If target ally dies within the next X seconds, all (or all nearby) allies are healed for Y dmg.

dkar
10-01-2006, 09:15
LOL. I was thinking the exact same thing! The second I read "this guy may be blindfolded, but he doesn't need to see to kill you", I thought "Illidan...Illidan...Illidan", and then I read "resembles a dark, savage (*ignores the word priest*)", the picture was formed in my head :happy53:
Of course, the ritualist does sound interesting...summoning spirits that you use for other purposes? Makes me think about immobile minions, a taste of death skill that heals other people in your party, and putrid explosion.

Yes, Illidan, our beloved elf corrputed by the darkness "I am blind not deaf!"
But I was also thinking of Kenishi from mortal combat, here are some pics to refresh your memory. :idea:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8246/kenshi8dj.gif

If ritualist would look so cool I would definitely delete one of my chars.

Mr Savior
10-01-2006, 10:04
when the ritualist and assasin comes?
in new version?

Longasc
10-01-2006, 10:16
Will the Ritualist be something like Ben Affleck/ Dare Devil?

Players of Chapter 1 unite and show mercy! Help the blind people of Cantha!

CÚrilia
10-01-2006, 10:17
when the ritualist and assasin comes?
in new version?
They will be available in chapter 2... And as far as I know there is no confirmed release date (yet some say 1st march).

Mr Savior
10-01-2006, 11:26
They will be available in chapter 2... And as far as I know there is no confirmed release date (yet some say 1st march).

how much the part 2 cost, if i have part1?

Mawgleah
10-01-2006, 11:32
how much the part 2 cost, if i have part1?

Nothing official has been released as far as cost. However, as chapter 2 will be released as a 'stand-alone' game (although you will have access by your chapter 1 characters) I expect it will cost approximately the same as chapter 1.

Flixified
10-01-2006, 16:07

Amazon says 31 March as the primary release date, but can change.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009WXQJ6/026-4731473-7616426

Scutilla
10-01-2006, 17:03
Yay first post here in the new Ritualist forums.
Actually, I started the oldest thread here. So nyuh :p

I too thought "Illidan" as soon I read the first sentence of the article... I suspect we'll see a lot of variations on the name Illidan Stormrage once Chapter 2 comes out. And thankfully, the ritualist isn't anything like the Demon Hunter (he's already getting enough slack for being like the Druid...)

And Flix, the date means nothing- I've heard of sites that have given the release date as early December (2005). Wait til ANet gives an official date.

Elvis Dragonslayer
10-01-2006, 22:48
lmfao rite after i read blind fold thing i was thinkin of Illadin, good times good times, im gonna play warcraft 3 till gws 2 is out

SepticFlesh
11-01-2006, 11:03
Well if we are playing illidan I sure hope we dont have those dicky looking horns!

Solid
11-01-2006, 12:20
anyone know those undead called : damned clerics?
they are blindfolded 2 ... and they hover over the ground...
would be cool if the ritualist is something like that ^^

BannedSoWhat
11-01-2006, 13:02

Gaile said second quarter of 2006. April - June then?

The Experimentor
11-01-2006, 14:24
Ritualist/Warrior

Blindfold

Spirit-based powers

Swordsmanship

= Blind, Mystic Swordsman! :happy34:

I can't wait to try that... :D

The Experimentor
11-01-2006, 15:38
If a Ritualist naturally comes blindfolded,
how will the Blind condition affect him? ;)

And while that's meant to be humorous,
it's also a serious question. :confused:

TBMarauder
11-01-2006, 15:53

it's also a serious question. :confused:If a person is blindfold, does it automatically transpire that they lack vision? Does that answer your question? :)

alchemistsan
12-01-2006, 02:07

it's also a serious question. :confused:

Not that much, cause Ritualist is a caster type from all those desc. i see so far. And did blind cause casting a spell to miss a target? Hope can answer your question.

The Experimentor
12-01-2006, 06:03
If a person is blindfold, does it automatically transpire that they lack vision? Does that answer your question? :)

Yeah, but a non-blind person who is blindfolded can't see anyway.

Maybe the blindfold is more ceremonial than a functional...

Not that much, cause Ritualist is a caster type from all those desc. i see so far. And did blind cause casting a spell to miss a target? Hope can answer your question.

Yeah, but it will affect normal attacks. That means blind swordsmen (Ri/W) and blind archers (Ri/Ra) are going to be severely affected even though they, it would seem, shouldn't be.

TBMarauder
12-01-2006, 06:51
Yeah, but a non-blind person who is blindfolded can't see anyway.

Maybe the blindfold is more ceremonial than a functional...

Yeah, but it will affect normal attacks. That means blind swordsmen (Ri/W) and blind archers (Ri/Ra) are going to be severely affected even though they, it would seem, shouldn't be.Would it make more sense if I were to suggest that you should not view the Ritualist as a visually-impaired character, nor the 'blindfold' as a barrier to sight; moreover, that the Ritualists 'vision' does not 'function' in the 'common' sense of the other 7 professions?

A Ritualist would, however, still be affected by Blindness-causing conditions, just as much as any other profession suffering under that condition. Hope that helps.

Kjentei
12-01-2006, 13:19
Considering that, it could be possible that Ritualists could have a unique immunity to blindness? (the ones who wear blindfolds anyway, maybe ArenaNET will add certain 'condition immunity mods'?)

CÚrilia
12-01-2006, 14:33
Would it make more sense if I were to suggest that you should not view the Ritualist as a visually-impaired character, nor the 'blindfold' as a barrier to sight; moreover, that the Ritualists 'vision' does not 'function' in the 'common' sense of the other 7 professions?

It would be fun and really great if players playing ritualist could "see" things other people can't see and have a different vision of the world around them (different textures, aura shaped monsters and so on)!

Wandalf
12-01-2006, 14:59
Would it make more sense if I were to suggest that you should not view the Ritualist as a visually-impaired character, nor the 'blindfold' as a barrier to sight; moreover, that the Ritualists 'vision' does not 'function' in the 'common' sense of the other 7 professions?

A Ritualist would, however, still be affected by Blindness-causing conditions, just as much as any other profession suffering under that condition. Hope that helps.
Ok, that's it.
I'm SO making a ritualist...:D