PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of the Ritualist

SepticFlesh
10-01-2006, 01:00
I have heard mention of the Ritualist being a blind folded hippie type in quite a few posts now and last night I spent over 30 minutes looking for some form of evidence but I found nothing but whispers in the trees...

If someone knows of a picture/pictures of the Ritualist could they please post them here as I am very intrested in seeing what he actually looks like, just like every other guy and his brother.

Surely there is some art like the cover of CGW (Which I cant even seem to find anymore, even though there was a link to the 1up site which I wouldnt think was a copyright violation?)

Anyway, if you could post anything I would greatly apreciate it (even a paint picture would just about do it now!)

Cheers guys.

Dojo Belok
10-01-2006, 02:48
I don't think there are any screenshots out for it yet, sorry.

I wonder what the different head pieces will be; they'll probably be different kinds of blindfolds or something like that.

Erasculio
10-01-2006, 03:00
I don't think there are any screenshots out for it yet, sorry.
I think the OP is talking about concept art, just like the Assassion's concept art we see on the cover of the magazine. While I haven't been able to buy it yet, I have the feeling (based on the description of the article) that it has some kind of image hinting how the Ritualist is blind.

I have no idea, though, if posting one picture would be an infringement of copyrights - in doubt I would say it is. So I hope some kind member of the community does some piece of fanart based on any Ritualist art from the magazine : P

Erasculio

Zax Havox
10-01-2006, 04:08
I am thinking they may look like the Curse Cleric (or something) Monk type monster that is often seen hanging out with the undead. They are blind foldes, and have a cap of chains.

SepticFlesh
10-01-2006, 04:18
The big copyright thing was about scans of the magazine article being posted on fansites, which is fair enough really....

When I heard that he was blindfolded it made me think of Kenshi from Mortal Kombat..... He is pretty hardcore :happy34:

Mookle X
10-01-2006, 04:29
Isn't there a White Mantal Ritualist out there? I believe there is and if so they might end up looking like that.

Zaxares
10-01-2006, 06:16
Isn't there a White Mantal Ritualist out there? I believe there is and if so they might end up looking like that.

The so-called White Mantle Ritualists are necromancers. Guess Anet will need to rename them.:happy34:

Ubermancer
10-01-2006, 06:32
*looks around frantically*

Hey! You there! Stop, Im not crazy, dont run away!

Have you seen my Stone Summit Arcanist !?!?

Stop!! COME BACK!!!!

*sigh*

Damn Dolyaks getting out of their pins! Whoever catapulted Suzy will pay!

Now, where is Wroth... I need to borrow his... whats-he-call-it...

SepticFlesh
10-01-2006, 08:32
Okk, Who let ubermancer out of his cage!

dkar
10-01-2006, 10:21
The big copyright thing was about scans of the magazine article being posted on fansites, which is fair enough really....

When I heard that he was blindfolded it made me think of Kenshi from Mortal Kombat..... He is pretty hardcore :happy34:

Here a snapshot to refresh your memory - Kenishi from MK.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8246/kenshi8dj.gif

If ritualist will be something like him I'll reroll right away.

Eothain Tirion
10-01-2006, 11:36
i wonder what the new character colors will be eg: ranger is green, monk is blue etc

CÚrilia
10-01-2006, 12:23
To fit the world of spirits, the ritualists could be white and to fit the world of shadows, assassins could be dark grey...
Now I'm not sure it would be give really good results as far as "aura" around bosses are concerned... :o

(the aim was also to propose colors different from those we already have)

Kyrion Hellcat
10-01-2006, 13:05
He he... Im sure it will be something like the Damned Clerics from Kryta... Blinfolded and resembling a mix of monk and necromancer...

shadow the hero
10-01-2006, 14:33
i think the ritualist will look like this
just a thought

Vexed Arcanist
10-01-2006, 16:21
Where is the little info that exists concerning this new profession? Is it in a mag or online?

For the record I don't care to be a "blind prophet". The point of the blind prophet was it's uniqueness, being in town with multiple blindfolded characters loses that.

Scutilla
10-01-2006, 17:41
I know the "blindfolded" thing was in the article itself, don't know if there were any pictures (if there were I suspect they would've leaked to the internet by now).

Gaile did say that screenshots will be part of the big Factions-announcing hullabaloo that's happening this week, though, so perhaps we'll get to see one sometime in the next few days.

As for aura colors... I watched a HoH game for the first time yesterday, and was thinking that the aura colors they used for teams 3, 4, and 5 (definitely the light blue, the yellow and purple might be the same as Warrior and Mesmer) could be used for the Ritualist and Assassin. Light blue doesn't seem to fit either of them, though... white and black (or maybe dark purple, a black aura would be weird) are more likely in my opinion.

EDIT: @ Vexed- The article was in the latest issue of Computer Gaming World. The whole article was up in the forums, but the mods deleted it after Gaile said we were violating copyright laws. I was able to save the blurb about the ritualist, so I'll try to post a summary to the "Ritualist Class Confirmed" thread.

Vexed Arcanist
10-01-2006, 18:33
Well I found the article online and I am a bit disappointed that the blindfold will likely be the stock "mask" but oh well.

I am seriously thinking a Rit/War or War/Rit might be a serious build, with the new Protector's Stance and Spirits that mitigate damage.

Ubermancer
10-01-2006, 18:35
Actually my guild's forums has the entire quote from the article on it, should anyone be interested.

Rayne Frostbite
10-01-2006, 19:09
Mmmmmm..... Ritualist...... mmmmmm Illidan...... :love57:

tigercan
10-01-2006, 19:15
That leaked article a month or so back had some concept art. I looked through it again and the illustration on the right looks kinda ritualisty (no blindfold though)

ugh link didn't work...just a sec

There we go :)

Mawgleah
10-01-2006, 23:03
Where is the little info that exists concerning this new profession? Is it in a mag or online?

For the record I don't care to be a "blind prophet". The point of the blind prophet was it's uniqueness, being in town with multiple blindfolded characters loses that.

Nothing in the article made reference to a prophet. This is a direct quote from the article "The ritualist, who resembles something of a dark, savage priest, can see into the ethereal realm and commune with its spirtual inhabitants". It also states he's a mix of ranger, necromancer and monk. Attributes are Spawing Poser, Channeling Magic, Restoration Magic and Restoration Magic. Skills include Essence Strike, Spirit Burn, Spirit Rift, Channeled Strike, Shelter, Pain and Flesh of my Flesh (this one really sounds weird to me, but I'm guessing something like a minion). According to James Phinney, Factions designer; one of the goals for this profession was to provide an alternative to monks, but they also hope it will find a unique role in GW.

Erasculio
10-01-2006, 23:06
Flesh of my Flesh (this one really sounds weird to me, but I'm guessing something like a minion).
That's a Ressurrection spell that costs half the health of the caster (or something like that, if memory doesn't fail me). It's a cool skill name, anyway : P.

Erasculio

Tiarhys
11-01-2006, 10:07
can u imagine 1 monk being able to sustain by himself a full 8-man team, with help of a ritualist's "healing spirit" present?

or 2 nukers standing besides a "fire Spirit" of some sort just blowing enemies away?

i can just imagine the carnage...

but of course, we have to consider, there will also be Hostile assassins and ritualists...

Chaotic one
11-01-2006, 10:40
Nothing in the article made reference to a prophet. This is a direct quote from the article "The ritualist, who resembles something of a dark, savage priest, can see into the ethereal realm and commune with its spirtual inhabitants". It also states he's a mix of ranger, necromancer and monk. Attributes are Spawing Poser, Channeling Magic, Restoration Magic and Restoration Magic. Skills include Essence Strike, Spirit Burn, Spirit Rift, Channeled Strike, Shelter, Pain and Flesh of my Flesh (this one really sounds weird to me, but I'm guessing something like a minion). According to James Phinney, Factions designer; one of the goals for this profession was to provide an alternative to monks, but they also hope it will find a unique role in GW.
he has 2 restoration magics? like a restoration for the other restortarion magic?(a backup?)

TBMarauder
11-01-2006, 15:46
he has 2 restoration magics? like a restoration for the other restortarion magic?(a backup?)That was a 'typo', Chaotic One.

The Attribute Lines are:

Communing
Channeling Magic
Restoration Magic

Spawning

Hope that helps. :)

damkel
11-01-2006, 16:02
Link with Ritualist picture and some sexy skills.

http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=381857

Thanks to skretth.

CÚrilia
11-01-2006, 16:34
http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/9016/ritualist4qm.jpg
For those (like me) with too many pixels on their screen and don't see well...

Sorry for the poor quality.

TBMarauder
11-01-2006, 16:50
Not bad at all, CÚrilia. Go to the top of the class. :happy14:

Only 9 days to wait and you can show legitimate actual in-game screenies of the Rit. in all it's glory :)

Roll on Friday week!

dkar
11-01-2006, 18:32

Hmm, looks like Greek warrior with two mobile phones attached to his kilt to me.

Ulubai
11-01-2006, 22:09
he is a greek on the go!:sign72:

Rodney
11-01-2006, 22:20
That is definatly not the first image that comes to mind when I hear. "Ritualist"
Not that it looks bad or anything, just... different. :happy53:

dkar
11-01-2006, 22:31
That is definatly not the first image that comes to mind when I hear. "Ritualist"
Not that it looks bad or anything, just... different. :happy53:

We need to wait and see, I guess it will look different in different sets and this was low resolution pic.

At least something new! When I heard assasin will look like ninja in tormentor armour - omg, not another tormentor set!!!

No matter how he looks on the pic, we need to see him in action, casting his spirits and chanelling.

jvxmtg
11-01-2006, 23:51
Mmmmmm..... Ritualist...... mmmmmm Illidan...... :love57:

More likely, given that the developers have a WarCraft background. Also the Ritualist's skill are almost similar to WC3's Witch Doctor. Pain = Serpent Ward?:confused:

CKaz
12-01-2006, 02:03
More likely, given that the developers have a WarCraft background. Also the Ritualist's skill are almost similar to WC3's Witch Doctor. Pain = Serpent Ward?:confused:

So when do we get a GW mod that allows us to play GW-TD?? :happy14:
The Ritualist shall be the Tower errr Spirit Builder! Mini-Game! :surprise:

Kjentei
12-01-2006, 02:06

I'll try to keep that in mind, but less 'zombie-ish'.

For a ritualist appearance, I was thinking along the line of your character's sister from Fable: The Lost Chapters.
It's this chick, and she's wearing some sort of bloodstained shaman outfit (Long, woollen skirt; Turban wrapped around), with 'hand-paint' in random places (the kind of paint cave-men used on cave walls). She had her eyes cut out somehow, and she wears this thick blindfold that goes all around her head, but is hidden at the back by her long hair.

Anyway, that's what the riutalist reminded me of.

Lefaras
12-01-2006, 03:30

With a char design like this, no wonder Anet only show the concept art of assasin.....:lol:

But well, i hope Rit will not freatured bulky males like monks and warrior.....

Rastapopolous
12-01-2006, 04:08
With a char design like this, no wonder Anet only show the concept art of assasin.....:lol:

you should see the displayed assasin armour... horrible :(

glossu
12-01-2006, 04:23
I bet he'll look something like...
http://www.diabloii.net/characters/druid/druid-main-pic.jpg

Lefaras
12-01-2006, 04:57
you should see the displayed assasin armour... horrible :(
U are making me worry......:(

Care to post a screenies?

LoVePlAyBoY
12-01-2006, 05:30
LINK REMOVED

there you go guys assn + ritualist

LINK REMOVED

ritualist alone

Sorry to pee on your parade, but unless we are affiliated with GameSpy, I'm afraid the rules are clear about posting outside links. :) ty.

Lefaras
12-01-2006, 05:34
i think the female rit rocks and the assasin looks like a cross between ranger and nec.....

Definitely looking forward to play these two class:love19:

Mraezk
12-01-2006, 05:38
EDIT: Outside link removed (refer to original link-poster).

That first one is a ranger in druid's armor, not an assassin, isn't it?

I like the Ritualist look myself. It has a neat alien vibe to it.

Edit: Now that I look closer at it I see a few differences. Bleeeghyuck!

Lefaras
12-01-2006, 05:42
i think it is an assasin, i can see tell-tale sign of little daggers around the armour.

Emalf
12-01-2006, 06:37
if anything, the assassins should like like this.
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6521/chucknorris13av.jpg

Vexed Arcanist
12-01-2006, 06:38
That was funny as hell...

I like the pic of the Ritualist in what appears to be tatoos and some sort of head bag...LOL.

Zaxares
12-01-2006, 06:48
I must say I find the look of the Ritualist intriguing... Like some sort of cross between a necromancer and a witch doctor.

Mraezk
12-01-2006, 07:17
if anything, the assassins should like like this.
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6521/chucknorris13av.jpg

Ye-Gawds, we would need vaguely european Mafia (Or were they terrorist? its been a while since I've seen it) guys in chapter 2 then. Although I'm not so sure what kind of loot they could drop beyond hairgell.

TBMarauder
12-01-2006, 08:03
Back to the OP:

Sorry about having to remove the outside links to GameSpy, but if you surf on over there, you can take a look at some of the screengrabs there, which do seem to show in-game shots of the two new classes.

moonos
12-01-2006, 09:39
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d169/moonos/aaa1.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d169/moonos/aaa2.jpg

they first of many pics

Shimus DarkRaven
12-01-2006, 10:28
Landscape is sooooo sexy.

--The Shim

SepticFlesh
12-01-2006, 12:25
Thats allright, the pictures are circulating fairly well now and Myself and probably alot of other people have seen it...

Is it just me or does the ritualist looking ridicuously ****ing stupid (please excuse my censored french, but I feel very strongly about this). When I 1st heard about this class I thought it would have some potential to be pretty cool looking but I must say I am HIGHLY dissapointed that I will be running around looking like a circus freak that has been overly exposed to radiation and mutated. What the character looks like to me doesnt matter ALOT I must admit, but I still like to run around looking cool (and evil, cause evils cool) but on this one I dont think it wont be as simple as making a female character rather than a male character to avoid looking like a gimp! (Warriors, arrg!)

Anyway I really hope this class is good and fun to play, I like the idea of micromanagement so hopefully this will make up for looking at an interactive goatse or whatever it is.

Kjentei
12-01-2006, 13:59
Septic, man, you shouldn't judge a whole profession on just the first (of possibly many) screenshots. Maybe it won't appeal to you, but you can't tell that or even have a very vaild decision (Decision: that you like it or not?) about the Ritualists until you've seen more of them.

Enosh
12-01-2006, 15:33
wow i even maybe play a ri/as not a as/ri :D

and yeah i like the armor if you don't it's your problem but the male armor looks awesome.

TBMarauder
12-01-2006, 16:30
... they first of many pics ...Kudos to ya, Moonos. Nice hosting. :p So yes, you guys now have a glimpse of what the Ritualist looks like in-game (aside from the many other sources :)). And to posters seeming a bit disappointed in what they have seen so far; the provided screenies do show the male and female Ritualist and you are seeing just ONE 'style' of the type of attire (read armour) that will be available in 'Factions'.

How many male and female Elementalist, Ranger, Necromancer etc armour sets (and 'looks' or 'styles') are there in C1? Hope that placates some of you. :)

Parker Bsb
12-01-2006, 16:44
:clap: Now I'm getting excited... not what I expected them to look like, but different is good :happy34:

Drazera
12-01-2006, 17:05
Yeah, not exactly what I expected, but they do have an interesting appearance, and besides, those are only 2 screenshots :). I'll have a better opinion when I get to see them in action during the beta :D.

Now I'm really curious as to how the spirits will look. I hope they're unique and do not look like ranger spirits.

CKaz
12-01-2006, 17:40
be nice to see them w/o helmets on - though I'm guessing the face choser for the ritualist class at least has a blindfold on the eyes, eh?

guess we'll 'see!'

Erasculio
12-01-2006, 18:04
Something interesting...Look at Gamespy gallery, and look at the third picture, with the lone Ritualist against an Oriental looking bulding. It appears he's wearing a set of tatoos, right? We can see he's black by looking at his face.

Now go back one picture. You'll see the female Ritualist with the male Assassin. She's white, as we can see in her face...And, she's wearing the same dark armor! Which means, the male Ritualist is not wearing tatoos at all - that's just an armor that looks like dark skin.

Erasculio

jvxmtg
12-01-2006, 18:39
What the character looks like to me doesnt matter ALOT I must admit, but I still like to run around looking cool (and evil, cause evils cool) but on this one I dont think it wont be as simple as making a female character rather than a male character to avoid looking like a gimp! (Warriors, arrg!)

I think every profession has a gimp set of armor and the ritualist in the screenshot happen to wear one of those sets. lol.

Deus Invictus
12-01-2006, 19:00
the ritualist male armor on that guy looks to BA i can't wait for the event on the 20th screw an assassin ritualist kick ***

Mandarista
13-01-2006, 03:17
Just wanted to add my 2 cents...

The pic of the male ritualist was very dissapointing - it seems their designers went with the "beefy meat slab" look again - it's pretty weird to have all the guys in the game look so horrible, and all the chicks look so very... hmmm... how shall I put it? "exagerrated"...? (and I still think they look anorexic :P)

I am absolutely serious when I suggest this - Please, ANet, please for the love of my eyesight, get yourselves an English to Japanese dictionary and look up the word "Bishounen". It's a very popular style for media these days. Just look at all those manga and anime and their American spin-offs out there.

Girl gamers want something to look at while they play just as much as guy gamers do. :cry:

Seyfert
13-01-2006, 03:29
i agree i must say im quite disappointed with the ritualists looks i really wanted robes :(

glitched
13-01-2006, 03:45
Am I the first to notice that the Ritualist only wears a glove on ONE arm? :huh:

SepticFlesh
13-01-2006, 04:30
I guess you may be right there, I may have jumped the gun alittle. But come on... those pictures look ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

I tend to disagree that all classes have gimp armours though, I think the Necromancer is all good (execpt for the female bonelace skirt). The rangers didnt get it so bad either, even though they have the slutty school girl and... what ever the hell you want to call the 15k druids!

Anyway, fingers crossed for chapter 2 to bring some slightly respectable armors for the old characters (ele anyone?)

Seyfert
13-01-2006, 04:51
after seeing the assassin however... DAMN!!! thats exactly what i was hoping for, headbands and the facemask oh man... btw it may have something to do with the fact that im a naruto fan, as far as im concerned that more than makes up for the ritualist

Cripple X
13-01-2006, 05:05
Sorry to read that so many of you are dissappointed in the Ritualist screenshots. I'm sorta of iffy on the female one but I think the male one looks AMAZING, very tribalistic. It isn't quite what i expected but I'm definately plesantly suprised! I can't wait to roll one up on PvP weekend and try it out!

aeonbahamutzero
13-01-2006, 16:40
check out that feature from ign! i think there's a shot of one of the ritualist's spirits, it's the one with the flying dragon (it's bound in chains towards the bottom right side and looks like the boss monster from the hero's quest you do for 15 attribute points in the southern shiverpeaks) it's that or it's a new monster.

Scutilla
14-01-2006, 04:33
Just wanted to add my 2 cents...

The pic of the male ritualist was very dissapointing - it seems their designers went with the "beefy meat slab" look again - it's pretty weird to have all the guys in the game look so horrible, and all the chicks look so very... hmmm... how shall I put it? "exagerrated"...? (and I still think they look anorexic :P)

I am absolutely serious when I suggest this - Please, ANet, please for the love of my eyesight, get yourselves an English to Japanese dictionary and look up the word "Bishounen". It's a very popular style for media these days. Just look at all those manga and anime and their American spin-offs out there.

Girl gamers want something to look at while they play just as much as guy gamers do. :cry:
Hah, good point- and maybe it'll give me a counterexample for when one of my female friends sees me playing my female elementalist and makes fun of me for playing as a busty woman :azn:

Ulubai
14-01-2006, 06:30
check out that feature from ign! i think there's a shot of one of the ritualist's spirits, it's the one with the flying dragon (it's bound in chains towards the bottom right side and looks like the boss monster from the hero's quest you do for 15 attribute points in the southern shiverpeaks) it's that or it's a new monster.
i think there where a bunch of chars facing that monster so i think its a enemy
i hope that they will introduce harder boss monsters then they have right now
i want something that will take 10 min or so to kill and then drop amazingly

Spanish Flip
14-01-2006, 08:01
Female Ritualist picture, in the background there's a mural thingy of a lady... Isn't that in the Isle of the Dead? j/w

Kjentei
15-01-2006, 13:09
Female Ritualist picture, in the background there's a mural thingy of a lady... Isn't that in the Isle of the Dead? j/w

There's one of the 'mural lady walls' in the Isle of the Dead Guild Hall, yes. There is also one in Ascalon (up the stairs, on the left).

moonos
15-01-2006, 13:25
If the necro Fissure looks that sick, how would a Ritualist Fissure look like? :O
(since ritualist has some necro in him)

Erasculio
15-01-2006, 13:58
Female Ritualist picture, in the background there's a mural thingy of a lady... Isn't that in the Isle of the Dead?
That's Dwayna. You can see murals for all the old gods in both Pre Searing Ascalon as well as in Post Searing Ascalon. The capital, Ascalon City, has all the murals in there, but there are some in other places as well.

The Isle of the Dead is based on the Catacombs of Pre Searing, and said place has a lot of murals (I have the feeling that Ascalon City borrowed some walls from the Catacombs, after the Searing), hence the Isle having them as well.

Guessing, I would expect to see some more of those on the incoming Battle Isles, as it's said to be a temple to Balthazar.

Erasculio

kate sullivan
17-01-2006, 22:02
you guys are missing this awsome picture of what apears to be 2 rits and a female assassin theya re in combat as well with a giant dragon thats as big as the screen!!!!!!!

kate sullivan
17-01-2006, 22:07
here is the pichttp://media.pc.ign.com/media/789/789078/img_3316313.html

Argwen
19-01-2006, 02:07
Ritulists i hear are more like monks, not assasins. I hear they conjure spirits, not like the ranger ones, but like...bone minions kind of