PDA

View Full Version : Problem with search function?

MoonUnit
11-01-2006, 21:27
I tried a search for 'tormentor's armor in the necro forum and I got this message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 10485760 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/gwforums/public_html/search.php on line 1013

Dunno what it means or if this has already been posted, but I just thought I would let y'all know.

Fallen_62
11-01-2006, 22:55
I think it might have to do with the ' thats in the string you searched.

MoonUnit
12-01-2006, 00:22
I think it might have to do with the ' thats in the string you searched.

I was incorrect, I typed in "tormentors armor' doh :o

I did another search in case it was a fluke I got this:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 10485760 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/gwforums/public_html/search.php on line 1013

Fallen_62
12-01-2006, 00:27
Ok, my next guess is that the search string is just too long. I type in tormentors and it works fine... Im not quite sure what it is, but I will point it out to Rush. I know the search is somewhat buggy as it is, but I will see if he can fix it at all.

Reverend Loki
12-01-2006, 01:04
Throwing in as an extra test - searched for "tormentors armor" (sans quotes) returned the error:

Searching just "tormentors" returned results. BTW, this was one, leme know if you needed something else: http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=353468&highlight=tormentors

Searching for "tormentors armo" returned one result. The full search again errored. The string "tormentors bunny", a search string the same length as "tormentors armor" but almost guaranteed to get fewer matches (though I can imagine it would be cool if there was a match), returned a normal "No match" screen - same with "tormentors bunny cuddly".

Other strings that returned the error:
"cuddly armor"
"monk armor"
"armor"
"cuddly bunny of doom armor"

I then immediately tried "cuddly bunny of doom" and received 0 matches, no errors.

Notice a pattern so far?

Seems that the error only crops up when the term "armor" is being searched for - a real handicap in a utility for a fantasy combat based (X)ORPG. I would imagine it would be a result of the server unable to properly parse the huge number of results that term returns. Perhaps the number of possible resulting matches can be turned down a few notches.

Now, however, I really want to see me W/Me decked out in Cuddly Bunny of Doom armor....