PDA

View Full Version : Teleporting

liamSlayer
12-01-2006, 21:01
What does it acually mean can u teleport to anywear on your radar screen??? or???

Bobette
12-01-2006, 21:32
If you read it right you can teleport to enemies with certain skills/spells.

damkel
12-01-2006, 21:38
makes more sense if you teleport to a target foe or ally, similar to necro teleporting to corpse.

cant really imagine a skill where u have press the skill (i.e. 3 on the keyboard), and then click on the screen to teleport there. if you get my drift.

but teleporting into ur enemies face would be fun!!!

Ubermancer
12-01-2006, 21:54
but teleporting into ur enemies face would be fun!!!

Or just instantly teleporting, say, my fist into their face. Or my Throwing Knives.

CyanBoy
12-01-2006, 21:55
I believe it is gonna be teleporting like D2 LoD Assassin. You teleport to the enemy(and attacking right when you have teleported).

liamSlayer
12-01-2006, 22:50
ahhhhhhhhhhhh okz thx for the info just imagin you tele to a foe attack and kill them with the attack then u tele back to a ally like a healer that is in the back lol and there like WTF just happened ^^ hehe that would be so much fun :surprise: :love19:

Ekrin
13-01-2006, 00:10
The skill probally has a pretty long recharge time to balance things out. but that WOULD be fun.....

Malchiel
13-01-2006, 01:30
The skill probally has a pretty long recharge time to balance things out. but that WOULD be fun.....

If the skill has long recharge why bother with it at all?

And how's teleporting imbalanced???

If they teleport right in front of your face it pretty much opens them to attack from your part too. And it's not like they'll have warrior class armor that actually allow them to shrug off your attack like it's nothing.

Ekrin
13-01-2006, 01:52
If the skill has long recharge why bother with it at all?

And how's teleporting imbalanced???

If they teleport right in front of your face it pretty much opens them to attack from your part too. And it's not like they'll have warrior class armor that actually allow them to shrug off your attack like it's nothing.
First of all long can be anything from 15 seconds too a few minuites depending on your views.
Teleporting gives you an advantage because if you really CAN teleport to an ally also as one of the posts above says then an assassin would become very hard to kill not to mention in the article released in CGW that says you can teleport to target enemy and if they have more health than you you are healed then when ever you health is low you just spam the tele with a tab (switches target) in between and your virtually immortal unless they have a very good mesmer on their team. Although this makes mesmers more wanted it is still unbalenced. there are other ways aside of a long recharge though to balance out the skill such as a long cast time (2-3 sec) a kinda limited distance (aggro circle to 1/2 aggro cirle for example) or make it easiley disrupted.

Erasculio
13-01-2006, 02:10
One of the new Elementalists skills allow they to teleportate as well, for the records (as the CGW article mentions).

Erasculio

Zaxares
13-01-2006, 02:14
My guess is that the skill will have a 1 second casting time and a fairly long recharge time to prevent Assassins from constantly spamming the teleportation skill. It might look something like this:

Shadow Step:
Cost: 5 Energy
Casting Time: 1 second
Recharge Time: 10 seconds
Description: You teleport behind your target foe. For 1...5 seconds, the next attack you make after casting Shadow Step is automatically a critical hit.
Skill Type: Skill

I also believe that some of the other professions may get skills that block or hamper an Assassin's teleportation abilities.

Ekrin
13-01-2006, 02:15
One of the new Elementalists skills allow they to teleportate as well, for the records (as the CGW article mentions).

Erasculio
must have missed that (i never actually saw the article) that reeeeeeally good news. now my ele can avoid those pesky warriors more easily if only once in a while.

Erasculio
13-01-2006, 02:18
must have missed that (i never actually saw the article) that reeeeeeally good news. now my ele can avoid those pesky warriors more easily if only once in a while.
It's on page 62, Ride the Lightining (I wonder if that's too much information, though...? If any Moderator think it is, feel free to delete this).

Erasculio

xFallenAngel
13-01-2006, 02:22

Actually, Ride the Lightning teleports you TO the enemy, not away from it =)
It also deals damage while you zip in.

Ekrin
13-01-2006, 03:35
Actually, Ride the Lightning teleports you TO the enemy, not away from it =)
It also deals damage while you zip in.
oh well i always did tend to accidentally tank with my ele anyways.... so really that just makes things go faster!

vaseline
13-01-2006, 07:41
think teleporting will cause an imbalance in gvg? Like it'll be way easier to get inside a base without the thief (or a necro that has killed an npc)

Zero RoGuE
13-01-2006, 09:40
first off a quick Recharge Telepoert skill just screams to be Nerfed. consider this.

HoH Team

7 Assassins with teleport
1 ranger with speed skills.

A ranger has enough speed skills to keep speed up forever. That gives the assassin a jump point that can keep them out of any damage.

About the Elementalist "ride the lightning skill" that is a very nice idea.. use the skill then blast a hudge amount of nerby AoE... I really gotta get that issue..too bad it hassnt came out in my area yet :cry:

TheDuaLiNiTy
13-01-2006, 11:22
high recharge, or it is too easy to exploit

Teleport ally + blood ritual
Teleport enemy + plague touch + any touch attacks, that normally are not usefull, but they now are, because u are near the enemy :P, adjacent is better.

Btw, what will happen when 2 assassins teleport to eachother at the same time :P

Things to make teleporting balanced: For the next 5 seconds, you move 66% slower

noggieca
13-01-2006, 11:27
Pentagram attack

Teleport near to your targets location and deal a physical attack, after 2 seconds you are teleported to one of 4 other positions on other sides of your target. This happens 5 times total then you are returned to your starting position.

Oooooooo This would be an evil attack

To balance it say you deal only 33% of your current damage.

TheDuaLiNiTy
13-01-2006, 11:32
lol, thats stupid :P wont work at all :P overpowered :P

noggieca
13-01-2006, 11:35
lol, thats stupid :P wont work at all :P overpowered :P

AS.... I posted elsewhere...

Ideas are not stupid. The people who discount them tend to be. As they have not told us what it "Will" be any brain storming is all speculation. You call my idea stupid you call me stupid.

Open your mind. ------ Rant done.

TheDuaLiNiTy
13-01-2006, 11:37
yea sorry, but 5 attacks with 33% power only, is still overpowered, not to mention if u have like strength of honor on urself, or other bonuses
And i think it would be really hard for the programmers :P

Iorek Valr
13-01-2006, 12:08

Also without a high recharge time the Assassin would quickly become the best 'runner' of all...

Simply rapid teleport from mob to mob until your out of the area....

noggieca
13-01-2006, 12:13
Yea. it would need a long cooldown/recharge time.

Consume Corpse and Necrotic Traversal have no recharge time. hmmmmmmmm maybe future nerf. :sad:

roguebanshee
13-01-2006, 16:36
Consume Corpse and Necrotic Traversal have no recharge time. hmmmmmmmm maybe future nerf. :sad:
Those two require corpses to use.

That's usually harder to come by than a live opponent.

Ubermancer
13-01-2006, 17:11
Those two require corpses to use.

That's usually harder to come by than a live opponent.

Speak for yourself. :cool:

Ekrin
14-01-2006, 02:39
Consume corspe and necrotic traversal are also limited to corpses within you aggro cirle...

Longasc
14-01-2006, 12:09
I see a PvE use to teleport. Saves you some walking, can save your ***... a lot of new options.

Haradrim
14-01-2006, 13:36

COUGH Sepernts Quickness / QZ COUGH

63% faster recharge..

I forsee Rangers becoming popular soon.. Shame i don't want to play the popular class. .-. :P

Kiebin
14-01-2006, 16:59
There will come skills that can help detect this and/or block it, like a Hex:

Teleport Block (Runescape anyone?! :grin: )

Hex Spell

While under this Hex, your opponent cannot use teleport skills for 7...21 seconds. (Illusion Magic)

Dark Calibur
14-01-2006, 18:02
that my friend is a stupid skill.... I mean a skill meant for only 1 class(ok maybe 2 with ele) but.... the only other skill I can think of like that is Dark Aura but thats cooperation with other necros and what not, but an offensive skill meant for 1(or 2) classes.... kinda pointless, and takes up a skill slot

unexperienced with bows
15-01-2006, 03:16
A good way to balance teleporting is give it a delay after you teleport behind your opponent, and the behind thing makes it pretty balanced so you cant catch people when they run. Basically they have it figured out, you people should not stress yourself over a concern of another.

garidanthefighter
15-01-2006, 06:31
First assassin build abusive tombs build I can think of is a spike:

3 monks with regular setup
5 e/a's with EQ/AS and teleporting skills, 1 ele EQ's, rest tele to target and AS, next ele EQ's, rest tele and AS, rinse and repeat.

Of course, the easy way for anet to stop this is to make the recharge on tele skills long, which is probably what is going to happen.

Anyway....just throwing an idea out there. :grin:

edit:just read a few of the previous posts, seems you could just use the ele tele skill and get the same result

nothing special
15-01-2006, 07:11
As for more anti-teleporting skills, I imagine a possible necro skill:

Teleport Mishap ~ 5e/2s cast/15s recharge
If target enemy teleports in the next 20s, he appears crippled for X seconds, bleeding for X seconds, and XX% dead.

Ekrin
15-01-2006, 09:48
As for more anti-teleporting skills, I imagine a possible necro skill:

Teleport Mishap ~ 5e/2s cast/15s recharge
If target enemy teleports in the next 20s, he appears crippled for X seconds, bleeding for X seconds, and XX% dead.
Now i liked the skill name but your skill description sounds a little over powered. how about it just fails and deals them X damage?

Bel Ebih
15-01-2006, 17:05
1. No one's really sure how it's gonna play out yet so people should leave the cries for nerfs for the preview weekend.

2. If CC and NT haven't been nerfed yet, I think they never will, especially since they don't need to. They require corpses in your aggro circle; it's no like you can just bounce around indefinitely with no recharge time.

3. I have a feeling Ride the Lightning is gonna be the new Air spike. RtL+Shock from a few Air Eles is gonna hurt a lot. I think it's also gonna make the new Shock Warrior as well, building adren on one target, then switching to another going RtL+Shock+Exec Strike for example.

Erasculio
15-01-2006, 20:47
How about:

Insert random Water Hex here
Ride the Lightning
Lightning Touch

Erasculio

xFallenAngel
15-01-2006, 23:43
How about:

Insert random Water Hex here
Ride the Lightning
Lightning Touch

Erasculio

Yeah, should make for a nasty spike if one Ele puts a Water hex on you and then 3 other Ele's Telebomb your *** into the orbit.

Ekrin
16-01-2006, 05:25
Yeah, should make for a nasty spike if one Ele puts a Water hex on you and then 3 other Ele's Telebomb your *** into the orbit.
Wow the skils are not even out yet and we are already thinking up new combos and things to be nerfed! what type of peope are we?

Cymboric Treewalker
16-01-2006, 06:31

Yea, but requires a corpse and you don't chose which one.

big big hans
16-01-2006, 06:44
i wanna tele to a monk and stab him or her like crazy, if like 6 A do it someone is gonna die so fast so i maybe teleporting slows ur attacking speed by like 33% for 10 seconds or something

iamArc
16-01-2006, 08:32
Wow the skils are not even out yet and we are already thinking up new combos and things to be nerfed! what type of peope are we?
The sick kind, plain and simple :laugh:

Bel Ebih
16-01-2006, 11:24
i wanna tele to a monk and stab him or her like crazy

I sense some pent up anger... I'm with yah. :angry2:

Dark Calibur
16-01-2006, 14:36
I think they should toss in lower armor from all types of damage if you ask me PLUS delay.... and recharge....

if you ask why armor? well think about it... if this was real life... and you teleported somewhere... wouldn't you not know what the heck is going on?

well possibly not armor but just not being able to move for 5 secs or so ... maybe... dunno

Kjentei
16-01-2006, 18:47
i wanna tele to a monk and stab him or her like crazy

:cry: Why does everyone hate monks!? :cry:

What did we do to you except heal our allies, therefore making your damage pointless ... oh wait, you've got a point there :shocked:

Zero
16-01-2006, 18:52
Dont worry, the Ritualist should take some of the hassle off you monks as well but this is the wrong forum for that talk :p

chin
16-01-2006, 18:56
I think a position skill would be nice.. like if the monks back is facing you.. you could use a skill

Hidden Tiger Pounce Hurting Enemy From Back {E}
10 energy
When you are facing an enemy's back, you can teleport to them (range of aggro circle) and slash them 3/6/9 times doing 25% damage with each hit
and with +5/10/15% critical chance. Once you are finished owning the monk, you teleport back to where you are
^nice name, huh :D

I think that might be a bit overpowered.. but you have to be facing theyre back..
Skill In use:
x- you
o- monk

x------------------------:laugh:
------------------------x:laugh:
x------------------------:cry:

I can just imagine an assasin trying to get behind a monk.. but the monk keeps moving.. hah xD

btw *this skill was a joke*

liamSlayer
16-01-2006, 21:27
bahh u all wanna nerf the assassins tele skills

:angry: BAD PEOPLE

it should be like

Instant Tele
You move to targets foe location and attack them 1-6 times dealing 50% dmg on each hit and cause bleeding, then u tele back to your previous spot

Cast time 1/3 sec

Recharge time 0

STOP TRYING TO NERF THEM!!!!!!!!! and make there teleing useless

jackwooly
16-01-2006, 21:39
Tele Tyranny

For X-Y seconds whenever another player is teleported to your position they get a clip round the ear. :grin: :laugh:

Ekrin
17-01-2006, 00:16
The sick kind, plain and simple :laugh:
Yup probally! (i include myself btw so dont take tooo much offense)

Sapo
17-01-2006, 03:29
anti -teleport hmmmmmm??

redirect
then next time target foe teleports they are teleported over the nearest body of water/ cliff/lava/spikes in the ground.:afro:

Nobleman Azure
17-01-2006, 04:05
lol id rather have

Dimension Distortion
15 en
2sec cast
10sec rec

For 10-30 seconds, when hexed target teleports he teleports on a random location in the map and Dimension Distortion ends

or maybe ole' ranger could benefit with a spirit like.

Dimension Lock
15en
5sec cast
200sec rec

For 70-180 seconds, players in the area cannot use teleporting skills.

Haradrim
17-01-2006, 06:46
Pfft, there is one good old fashioned remedy for nasty teleporters:

Place traps and wait..

big big hans
17-01-2006, 09:27
dadadadada

Teleport
energy req5 /cast time 1/recharge time/5

teleport to an enermy, teleport fails if enemy is below 50% health

omg probelm solved (claps)

Avoc
17-01-2006, 17:57
Dimension Lock
15en
5sec cast
200sec rec

For 70-180 seconds, players in the area cannot use teleporting skills.

Best idea yet... lol, come on people! We havent even tried creating the freaking character!

Zero
17-01-2006, 18:40
Pfft, there is one good old fashioned remedy for nasty teleporters:

Place traps and wait..
lol love it :cool:

Necromas
18-01-2006, 01:49
i wanna tele to a monk and stab him or her like crazy, if like 6 A do it someone is gonna die so fast

And whats stopping 6 warriors from just using sprint?

My guess is the teleport attack will have a shorter range then most spells, thus making it perfectly balanced.

big big hans
18-01-2006, 05:11

My guess is the teleport attack will have a shorter range then most spells, thus making it perfectly balanced.

hmm lets see...how often u have six warriors have sprint, hmmm cripple,, oh and maybe people on his team can block the bridge on several maps.

teleporting ftw :)

Haradrim
18-01-2006, 08:05
i wanna tele to a monk and stab him or her like crazy, if like 6 A do it someone is gonna die so fast

I would like to inject here: IWAY FTL?

Ekrin
19-01-2006, 00:04
dadadadada

Teleport
energy req5 /cast time 1/recharge time/5

teleport to an enermy, teleport fails if enemy is below 50% health

omg probelm solved (claps)
doesnt make sense. the assassin has a skill that give him/her health if they tele to a person with lower health than them. your skill description makes that almost useless. Why dont we just wait till beta? it is sooooo close and then we will see.

Wuzzman
19-01-2006, 00:51
Funny what will happen if they tele right to a trap... ^_^. We might see a wider use of traps...

Ekrin
19-01-2006, 03:30
sound great. bait em with a Mo/R that layed all 4 traps underneath em....assassin teles in and BOOM trys to run fast. fragility would be a great bonus!

big big hans
19-01-2006, 05:09
doesnt make sense. the assassin has a skill that give him/her health if they tele to a person with lower health than them. your skill description makes that almost useless. Why dont we just wait till beta? it is sooooo close and then we will see.

maybe because i have no idea what the skill is suppose to do, where u read the assassin skills?

Ekrin
19-01-2006, 23:06
maybe because i have no idea what the skill is suppose to do, where u read the assassin skills?
it is not very specific but that is the description in the CGW magazine article

Sun is in us
19-01-2006, 23:44
Well Hmmm......will create some (potentially) interesting problems in PVE also....(map redesign)....

For instance, last night I realized I needed an off hand +15 -1 regen Weapon.....and the HOD collector required 5 White Mantle Emblems....and I searched Guild Wiki and other forums....hardly even mentioned where to find them.....

But then I remembered Iron Mines of Melandru and the big fight of white mantle there. Well I have a Me/Ne so as I approached the bridge I realized that there is a patrol down below that I had been able to snipe once or twice while waiting for the mission to begin.

So I zoned out, put in degen hexes and bone fiends (greatest range to aggro) and (the key) Necrotic Transversal. Sure enough, I was able to draw and pin them in about groups of 3 (takes patience, and it is the first time I have used ignorance in PVE to stop antidote sigs) made two bone fiends....then after the third was dead I would teleport down off the cliff and pick up any loot. Got my White Mantle Emblems in about an hour. BTW the Ritualists (new) there cast well of the profane...so fast casting helps.

So, Teleporting will be interesting in PVE also.

Bravo
20-01-2006, 01:32
The 'ritualists' are necromancer mobs that have been there since the start of the game...

WingspanTT
20-01-2006, 17:48
OK, we all know how teleports work now. Some of them you move to a target enemy, some you move to an ally, and some you don't move when you cast it, but instead "Return" to the start location when a timer or an enchantment is done. One of them teleports your randomly "Nearby"

All of them have long recharges, and none of them have super fast cast times (ie, most could be interrupted by mesmer/ranger)

And the fact that some of them tele when an enchant ends = HaHA. You coudl VERY easily screw over an Assassin with enchant removal who isn't stacking.

There is one called "Scorpion Wire", that teleports you to en enemy if they get more than 100 feet away, and knocks them down. Well, we all know
where this comes from - Mortal Kombat!!!!

"GET OVER HERE!!!!!!"

Sun is in us
20-01-2006, 18:14
The 'ritualists' are necromancer mobs that have been there since the start of the game...

Ritualist (old).

ThereseFireside
20-01-2006, 21:21
Ok, someone who has used this please let me know, is Aura of Displasement really as good as it sounds?

Ekrin
24-01-2006, 23:47
Well let us analize Aura of Displacement
It origionally sounds awesome but...
-It is an enchantment so it can be dispelled at anytime sending you back even if you dont want to
-Medium Cast time makes it easier to interrupt

Result
It is still great in PvE and in say the random arena but a prepared team will have ways of getting rid of it.