PDA

View Full Version : Assassin names?

Emalf
14-01-2006, 10:17
Anyone notice in GW the lack of anime/weird names? With the coming of assassins, I'm hoping I'll get to see a lot more
NARUTO NINJA
Naruto Hokage
xNARUTOxx
Rock Leex
RockLee xx
Neji Byakugan
Sakura Sharingan
Sasuke Uchiha
Uchiha Itachi
Uchiha ________
_______ Uchiha
Ash Ketchum
DragonSlayerX Assassin
UltimateAssassin Slayer
xxAssassin Godxx
Chuck Norris

Icarus Tyler
14-01-2006, 11:26
Chuck Norris

This one is great! :grin:

I personally would like to see more anime-style names too, but I don't support any "slayer" or "xxx" in the names.

noggieca
14-01-2006, 11:38
the names of the assasins in Aeon Flux have been taken. LOL

Kiebin
14-01-2006, 11:45
Don't forget the 1337est Naruto char with real bones sticking out of his body!

Kaguya Kimimaro! :D

Haradrim
14-01-2006, 13:20
Boo. Where is the originality?

Anything with 'x,' 'death,' or just stolen from something, i don't like.

I pray to god i don't see anime clone names running around EVERYWHERE. ;-;

Erasculio
14-01-2006, 13:36
I pray to god i don't see anime clone names running around EVERYWHERE. ;-;
Heh heh. I bet we will see:

Naruto Ninja
N A R U T O
Naruto Nimja
Maruto Ninja
Naroto Ninja
Naroto Nijka
N A S S R U T O

Very soon :soapbox:

Erasculio

Ermac
14-01-2006, 15:02
Ive personally already taken Ryu Hayabusa,Rurouin Kakashi and Zabuza momoichi(someone stole momochi:rolleyes:)

Just so that I can choose wich name i like the most once I get chapter 2! :grin:

Ubermancer
14-01-2006, 17:10
Yes 10 thousand people named "Naruto" is *exactly* what Id hope for :rolleyes:

My Assassin's future name? (already reserved so dont bother trying to take it ;) )

Xunlai Secret Agent

IBeJebus
14-01-2006, 17:12
My Assassin's future name? (already reserved so dont bother trying to take it ;) )

Xunlai Secret Agent
Hahaha, thats perfect:grin:

Zero
14-01-2006, 20:56
Uber thats a pretty awesome name lol I have mine picked out and doubt anyone will have it as its one of my characters from a very long time ago. :)

Seyfert
14-01-2006, 20:59
lol ive already seen like 5 of those naruto names sad how ppl cant be original anymore but they're still far less common than aragorn or legolas

Haradrim
14-01-2006, 22:03
Made "Foliage Savant" last night.. He'll be becoming an assassin next friday. :D

jciardha
14-01-2006, 22:23
I deleted my necro last night, mainly because I was unhappy with her, and I wanted to reserve a name (by recreating her as a PVP-only storage mule) I was amazed wasn't taken yet. In the future, on the off chance I make an assassin:

Bella Sangre. Spanish, and literally translates as "Beautiful Blood." :grin:

Seyfert
14-01-2006, 22:30
for the love of assassin i deleted my elementalist which i loved dearly :( goodbye Serena Atreus

O M E G A
14-01-2006, 23:15
Gankin Shamlessly

is that too long? charter limit is 20 right?

Ermac
14-01-2006, 23:18
many many months ago i had the name "Noob Saibot". im really sad that i deleted the char and didint reserve it. Would have been perfect. :cry:

iamArc
15-01-2006, 00:40
was going to name it "Millia Rage" from Guilty Gear, but it was taken so I'm naming mine Arkya Burnstormer

GammaRay
15-01-2006, 01:55
Another GG fan. ^_^

I was thinking of Chipp Zanuff, but that's already taken, as is every *reasonable* permutation. But, I have an alternate, idea for some names non-GG names to use. X)

big big hans
15-01-2006, 03:10
Yes 10 thousand people named "Naruto" is *exactly* what Id hope for :rolleyes:

Xunlai Secret Agent

is that ur pvp account? i belive i have played u and u sucked.. kidding

with my charcter names i just mash up my name to get something

so thois time it would be shane aldercy

iamArc
15-01-2006, 04:04
oooo I didnt even think about using chipp

Ubermancer
15-01-2006, 05:08
is that ur pvp account? i belive i have played u and u sucked.. kidding

with my charcter names i just mash up my name to get something

so thois time it would be shane aldercy

I wouldnt be surprised if you HAD played against that name and thought I had sucked. I have two sticks of 128 RAM in this machine - and thats all. Yeah. Its a fracking marvel I can even load GW.

Also, I used it for a while, deleted it for a day, then tried to remake... and guess what? Name taken.

Just remade him around a week ago :)

Scutilla
15-01-2006, 05:54
My characters use the names of characters I've used in most other games (and have written about before), I've had good luck so far with them being free. One good thing about this beta account is that I'll be able to reserve the names of the four characters I haven't made yet.

Tanamoril
15-01-2006, 09:57
You will see a lot of:

Bob the assassin
Bob teh assassin
Bob the asasin
Bob teh asasin
etc.

Or

Na r u t o
Nar u t o
Nar uto

*** *** in Is still my favorite.

More names we can expect:

Black death
The black death
Teh black death
the dark ganker
Teh dark ganker
The evil ganker
Teh evil ganker
omg i gank u
lolz i r assassin
i play assassin
how u spell asasin
Too lazy to go on.

And char limit is 19.

Kjentei
15-01-2006, 13:05
With the oriental theme upcoming, I'd like to see more Japanese/Chinese-styled names. It's not that hard, just put a lot of vowels and 'x'`s in it and have 'ei' it as a suffix. (e.g. Xarutei)

Lubicater
15-01-2006, 19:32
Bleach Shinigami names FTW

Kurosaki Ichigo
Byakura
Abrai Renji

ect..

Tanamoril
15-01-2006, 21:00
Bleach Shinigami names FTW

Kurosaki Ichigo
Byakura
Abrai Renji

ect..

Yoruichi ninja
yoruichi san
yoruichi cat ninja

*cough*

Spanish Flip
15-01-2006, 23:26
Probably going to see a rise of Daimyo names from Shogun: Total War sooner or later (I still play it from time to time, so yeah). Personally, I was gonna use my PvP Ranger's name: Fleeting Shadows. Sounds assasinish dunnit?

iamArc
15-01-2006, 23:49
All the good bleach names are taken i think

Zaxares
16-01-2006, 01:50
I'm still deciding on what to call my assassin... Namely because I haven't decided whether it's going to be a male or female assassin. :grin: I'll have to wait until the Factions event to see how they look first.

Mawgleah
16-01-2006, 03:21
Well, I've already reserved the name for my assassin by using my fourth character slot. All I'll have to do is delete and re-create on Friday. However, I've not had any problems with having any of the names I've chosen being taken as I'm pretty original with my characters monikers.

Leonidas Of Sparta
16-01-2006, 04:31
toooooo many asian names --- ill be going with a historical figure from Sparta as usual ;)

Neth Shyish
16-01-2006, 15:07
Chikoto Nuani
Qi Nto Wahnt
**** Like That

I'm gonna call my assassin: "Xian the Infamous".
:oriental:

Radiant Dawnstar
16-01-2006, 17:38
Lets steal names from here.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/?first=1&last=100&term=samurai&Field_Type=on&setfilter=Allsets&colorfilter=All&typefilter=All&output=summary&sort=rarity&x=38&y=29

:happy:

Kjentei
16-01-2006, 18:44
Lets steal names from here.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/?first=1&last=100&term=samurai&Field_Type=on&setfilter=Allsets&colorfilter=All&typefilter=All&output=summary&sort=rarity&x=38&y=29

:happy:

:laugh: That's so copyrighted.

Zero
16-01-2006, 18:49
That put such a smile on my face lol

The names don't need to be asian, it's just they're being based on that because 1) the Xulani look fairly asian 2) the expansion has an asian theme (apparently) and 3) the classic sin is based over there usually.

Phaeax
16-01-2006, 20:57
I already ruined it by making my existing Warrior, Alennia, which was typically the name I'd use for assassin type characters. Maybe I'll make a Blade Fury Assassin character like I had in D2 and call her Daggerrhea again...

Propater
16-01-2006, 21:43
I am so pissed Noctis Labyrinthus is already taken by my ranger. (maybe i will ruthlessly delete him. Assassin: Be afraid, ranger, be very afraid.)

Guess I will have to go with Mare Erythraeum or Tharsis Montes depending on apparence.

My martian thematic naming comes around nicely with the incoming assassin. I will have to pretend to be a Panzer Kunst adept. (yes, another manga reference... :grin: )

(If I make a ritualist, he will definitely be named Syrtis Major.)

Missy Osiris
17-01-2006, 04:28
N.A.T.A.Y.A ftw !

Zaxares
17-01-2006, 04:49
I've recently been very tempted to name my female assassin Visas Marr (I absolutely adored her in KotOR II), but that would be violating my personal code of never stealing names from fiction and entertainment. Back to the brainstorming...

GADefence
17-01-2006, 06:18
I'd call mine Taki the Disposable Assasin.

cynn shadowstalker
17-01-2006, 13:52
how bout kakashi or zabuza?

big big hans
17-01-2006, 15:55
is jackie chan taken? if its not its mine

dam check it is, but agent jackie chan isnt and now its mine

Master Zimmy
17-01-2006, 16:07
I think I'm goin to go with something like... Zimmy the Assassin... :rolleyes:

LOL, yea right...I'm gonna have to start thinkin!!

Parker Bsb
17-01-2006, 17:15
Hugh the Hand.

I have several more if someone decides to take that one (props to any that know where that's from)

Lapin Diabolique
18-01-2006, 01:45
Hugh the Hand.

I have several more if someone decides to take that one (props to any that know where that's from)

The Death Gate Cycle!

The society of assassins in Arianus denoted the ranks of their assassins with terms describing how (metaphorically) deeply they plunged their daggers into their victims. Tip, Blade, Hilt, Hand, Arm.

IIRC, Hugh was the only one to have the rank of Hand, with only Ciang the Arm, the leader of their order, being higher.

I'm suprised that nobody has yet brought up Ninja Scroll, that quintessential favorite of boys who think that gratuitous violence and sex are cool.

Jubei Kibagami
Kibigami Juubie
Xx Jubei Xx
I Jubei Kibagami I
X J U B E I X

I'd post more, but I can't remember the names of any of the other characters. I bet a lot of these names are already taken.

Zaxares
18-01-2006, 01:50
I'm suprised that nobody has yet brought up Ninja Scroll, that quintessential favorite of boys who think that gratuitous violence and sex are cool.

Jubei Kibagami
Kibigami Juubie
Xx Jubei Xx
I Jubei Kibagami I
X J U B E I X

I'd post more, but I can't remember the names of any of the other characters. I bet a lot of these names are already taken.

Probably because Jubei is not an assassin. He's just a particularly skilled swordsman. If anything, he's more like a Tactics/Swordsmanship warrior than an assassin. He must also like to spam Defy Pain a lot, judging by the beating he takes in so many fights. :grin:

Loustien
18-01-2006, 02:26
Well, all my toons are named Loustien, so unless some one takes it im going with "Loustien The Ninja" if anyone takes that name, you can expect a whisper from me the day Factions comes out. You have been warned

Mookle X
18-01-2006, 02:51
I definitely plan on naming my monk Mookle the Rouge or Rouge Mookle or maybe Ninja Mookle. I definitely will be going themed with this one. Unlike my other characters Mookle X R/x, Mooks Girlfriend Me/R.

Saint Mookle, a Monk however is themed well.

Lone Wolf
18-01-2006, 05:27
There are way too many asian/anime names going for the assassin.

I think I'm gonna just delete my PvP character slot for the assassin and call him A Pvp Ranger.

-Lone Wolf

Zaxares
18-01-2006, 05:38
OK, I've decided.

As my assassin will likely be terminated (and reassembled when the day is right) at the end of the beta weekend, he shall henceforth be called:

*drum roll*

Deleted in Two Days

:grin:

kyuuen
18-01-2006, 06:15
omg kickass name zatoichi

the blind samurai! hehe prob already taken. maybe go way of gg? zato-1?

my monk is jam ^_^

The Experimentor
18-01-2006, 09:00
omg kickass name zatoichi

the blind samurai! hehe prob already taken. maybe go way of gg? zato-1?

my monk is jam ^_^

Zaitochi is wicked cool. :cool: Both the name and character, I mean.

Wha? No Artemis Entreri's? :wink:

Ubermancer
18-01-2006, 09:32
Ahh yes Deathgate! Gotta love it.

Lefaras
18-01-2006, 10:22
prob

something something Nightblade or something something Shadowseek or somethinsomething Zefiras

DarkHellSpawn
19-01-2006, 05:44
Johnny Bye Bye
Hell Sender/Tranporter
Johnny Hellbus

big big hans
19-01-2006, 07:07
oda nougunaga!!!!

Nanila
19-01-2006, 14:57
Yea I'm kinda surprised that no one has mentioned Artemis Entreri. Of course someone has stolen that name a long time ago I'm sure, but still :rolleyes: .

Though I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of people using copys of that name, or just taking his last name. Like Naruto Entreri or something.

Parker Bsb
19-01-2006, 15:27
Artemis was taken in the beta's I'm sure all the R.A. Salvator fans out there were dissapointed :wink: BTW Hugh the hand ... taken (and I'm impressed there were people that knew what I was talking about cudos to you :grin: ).

I just thought of a perfect name tho.... but this one I'm not telling until I get it :sealed:

Mashus Altorus
20-01-2006, 12:02
G W E N gwen is the female assain if they pull a XX years later thingy

Iorek Valr
20-01-2006, 13:09
Fear my soon to be assassin:

Sho Wu Qi

(or permitation of that thereof)

:huh:

Bulgara
20-01-2006, 14:34
To but speak the name of ones future assasin would be a taboo resulting in the death of his/her birth. (name stealers):wink:

Icarus Tyler
20-01-2006, 19:56
I've made my decision.

I will not continue my greek/american combinations, like

Icarus Tyler
Pandora tyler
Cassandra Tyler

but rather extend it. My new Assassin is

Cortana Tyler

Sounds good, doesn't it?

Immortal Fist
20-01-2006, 20:32
Three words...

Prince of Persia.

OFC, it isn't my real assasin's name - it link's in with Death Dragon, my warrior's name. :tongue: I'm just not gonna tell ya until I make meh PvE Assassin.

clockworkjames
20-01-2006, 23:41
This one is great! :grin:

I personally would like to see more anime-style names too, but I don't support any "slayer" or "xxx" in the names.

I tried that AAAAGES ago, it is taken.

mradraz
21-01-2006, 01:12
My current Assassin name is Blades of Grenth, I quite like it anyway :wink:

omg i pwnt u
21-01-2006, 22:19
Babe from kryta :wink:

charrlover
21-01-2006, 22:42

Xunlai Secret Agent
Rofl I wanted that Ubermancer! After finding out it was taken I thought I might take Secret Xunlai Agent but that sounded weird and Xunlai Agent is taken obviously! So I went for:

Xunlai Assassin

Yeah not original but Uber chose the original name I was going to take: smiley: I deleted my char to test ritualist and lost the name <.<
Nice one Uber it's a good name I applaud your good taste

MasterNightfall
21-01-2006, 22:48
The only cents I'll throw in here is that anyone picking a name that's half as ridicilous as 'Bloodmaster Nightblade' deserves to be ridiculed. ^_^

Anyone spot the reference?

Azgalon
22-01-2006, 03:17
It'll probably be Bloodmaster Nightblade or similar.

The Experimentor
22-01-2006, 13:05
I try to seriously roleplay when I come up with names. So before I can create Assassin names, I have to ask: are Assassins in the game Ascalon or Canthan (or from even other cultures)?

MadCatvanHelsing
22-01-2006, 13:10
Fast As Shadow(reserved:P)
but will need black hair and black armor for max name effect :rolleyes:

i c....nothing, :fortuneteller:

charrlover
22-01-2006, 15:28
Assassins seem to be from Cantha to answer the The Experimentor's question:grin:

Akisame Kiyoraba
22-01-2006, 18:00
I took Mizuki Tenkage for mine, and am hoping to reserve it for when the actual release comes. No, its not inspired by anywhere, simply the individual kanji readings, Mizu(水) - water, Ki(気) - spirit, Ten(天) - heaven, and Kage, probably one of the most commonly used words for a rogue or assassin name, shadow. I mean, with the amount of Asian influence put into Cantha, there is finally an opportunity for Japanese names to fit in.

I'm also aware that those characters will most likely appear as squares, or glitches for most people.

charrlover
22-01-2006, 19:38
Rofl I wanted that Ubermancer! After finding out it was taken I thought I might take Secret Xunlai Agent but that sounded weird and Xunlai Agent is taken obviously! So I went for:

Xunlai Assassin

Yeah not original but Uber chose the original name I was going to take: smiley: I deleted my char to test ritualist and lost the name <.<
Nice one Uber it's a good name I applaud your good taste

I got it back! I talked to the guy who had it and asked him if he was keeping it and he said he didn't really care. While doing that I tested the name Xunlai Ritualist and reserved that for myself!

So my Assassin will be called: Xunlai Assassin
and my Ritualist will be called: Xunlai Ritualist

Suppemand
22-01-2006, 20:27
Deathkiller Black 0f D00m.. +5

.. :p

If male i use my first characters name and adds "the xxx", the Mage if ele, the healer if monk, the heretic if necro, the assasin if assasin etc.

If female, i go for Lady Assasiness or Lady Deadlyness