View Full Version : Exp bar thing?

J Unit
16-01-2006, 03:25
Explanation please, lol.

(The new forum thing...) :soapbox:

(I think its cool :heart: )

Seyfert
16-01-2006, 03:26
oh good its not jsut me i thought i accidently turned it on, completely unbalances the layout

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 03:27
We are currently playing with some new features. Please be patient while we work these things out :D

Zaxares
16-01-2006, 03:30
*gasp* I'm only 24% to levelling! Must post more... :grin:

Mookle X
16-01-2006, 03:32
Wow, I have low health, can you explain how I can get more, or better yet, just explain the entire thing to us. Like the idea of this though, good job!:grin:

mocax
16-01-2006, 03:33
some appear properly on the left hand side, but some expanded to cover the width of the thread.

Ace Bear
16-01-2006, 03:34
lvl 14 lf monk heh hp down a little bit. :grin:

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 03:34
Wow, I have low health, can you explain how I can get more, or better yet, just explain the entire thing to us. Like the idea of this though, good job!:grin:

I believe it just goes off of post counts/posting; Im not exactly sure, but thats what it seems like to me.

some appear properly on the left hand side, but some expanded to cover the width of the thread.

Elly is working on it ;)

Zingeri
16-01-2006, 03:37
MP? What, do you think this is Final Fantasy or something?

And why am I thew only person with more HP than MP? I wanna reroll! :embarassed:

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 03:39
MP? What, do you think this is Final Fantasy or something?

And why does everyone have more MP than HP? I wanna reroll! :embarassed:

Im wondering how snowkissed has like 38,000+ MP O.o Tell me the secret!

And I think all you have to do to get more, Zingeri, is to keep posting. But, post valid stuff, not just to get your post cound and stats to get higher ;)

Zingeri
16-01-2006, 03:41
Im wondering how snowkissed has like 38,000+ MP O.o Tell me the secret!

And I think all you have to do to get more, Zingeri, is to keep posting. But, post valid stuff, not just to get your post cound and stats to get higher ;)Crap, now I have to farm POSTS now?!

Elly
16-01-2006, 03:41
Here's a bit of information from the RPG plug in

HP drops and rises according to the members activeness.
MP determins how long a user has been with the forums, and how active they are.
EXP determins how close a user is to reaching the next level.

Zingeri
16-01-2006, 03:47

EXP determins how close a user is to reaching the next level.Then why are the Energy bars often partially filled?

And it's nice that you changed it to energy. :)

IIIPowerIII
16-01-2006, 03:49
Remove that... It will only make people to post some useless thing, more spam ect...:thumbsdown:

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 03:53

Woot, we have an explination :D

Remove that... It will only make people to post some useless thing, more spam ect...:thumbsdown:

If people spam, we will simply reset their post count... But, we will reset it to a very low number.. Lower than what they had before they started spamming.

J Unit
16-01-2006, 03:56

Ok, so, hp/energy drop/rise according to how much you are online, max energy increases according to how long you've been a member, and exp = post count? Or am I way off :S

(post farming ftw)

Elly
16-01-2006, 03:58
1. Graphic bars will be changed to reflect GW colours (energy blue and exp green).

2. Spammage. Anyone spamming to increase their stats will be dealt with the same way we deal with people spamming to get their post count up. In the first instance their post count will be dramatically reduced, usually to 0 and banned the 2nd time. Reducing post count will readjust their stats so spammage is counterproductive.

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 04:00
Ok, so, hp/energy drop/rise according to how much you are online, max energy increases according to how long you've been a member, and exp = post count? Or am I way off :S

If a person couldnt perform a ten post per day average, HP will drop. MP is based off of how long a forum member has been here and how active they have been during their stay. Exp is how close you are to the next level, which is geared off of post counts, yes.

(post farming ftw)
See the above warning about post farming/spamming :cool:

IIIPowerIII
16-01-2006, 04:00
Yea but that kind of thing make people post more... The ebst thing to do in a forum, is to hide the post count. So no more race to who got the most posts than other... ect..

Or does it exist an option to disable them in user CP? Like Smilies, you can disable to not see them, I would like an option like that :p I find the bar too big...

Elly
16-01-2006, 04:06
I find the bar too big...

I'm going to change the graphics. Those graphics came with it. I'll make thinner, less florescent graphics. Those graphics you can see across the other side of the room.:yikes:

Diab
16-01-2006, 04:09
:yawn: It's getting kind of lonely at the top... :grin:

The more people post here, the better. That is, if those are valuable posts and not spam. I wonder if spammers can get a negative post count. :scratch:

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 04:10

The more people post here, the better. That is, if those are valuable posts and not spam. I wonder if spammers can get a negative post count. :scratch:

Yes, they can. Depending on how much people spam, we will either set it to 0 or lower. All depends on our mood at the time.

Zingeri
16-01-2006, 04:11
Yes, they can. Depending on how much people spam, we will either set it to 0 or lower. All depends on our mood at the time....negative HP? :grin:

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 04:13
...negative HP? :grin:

Negative post count... Not sure if that would have any effect on HP, but it would on Energy, I believe.

Zero
16-01-2006, 04:15

Don't worry I'm pretty sure with the amount of forums under my belt I'll soon be past you lol

I like the idea of this, certainley encourages postings and is more indepth than any other rankings i've seen in a long while.

Ubermancer
16-01-2006, 04:15
I set a forum up for a friend once that had similar features. Except you could also declare a class for yourself, and then have miniature round based battles against other forum members. It was awesome.

PS: ph34r the level 32 ubermancer

Aria Darkstorm
16-01-2006, 04:37
so, will we ever be able to do anything besides having us older members moch the young-uns.

Zero
16-01-2006, 04:41
so, will we ever be able to do anything besides having us older members moch the young-uns.
Could try to keep your energy high maybe...Though yeh would be good to see some interation between these and maybe the arcade? Though I doubt that idea with how much extra coding it could take :shocked:

Ragnarok-
16-01-2006, 04:42
This is kind of odd, it'll give people incentive to post more though... although I think it's gonna be tough on the mod team to moniter the spam.

Edit: Not to mention it makes me look like a newb =[

Xandlyn
16-01-2006, 05:12
It's definatly different. I was a bit confused but now I wish there was a GWOnline monk because my HP is a little low.

MONK HEAL PLEASE!!

I'm not bashing against it or anything but I am just wondering how it benifits the forums. Seems it's more for the people posting if anything. Meh, as long as it doesn't cause the site to go slow again I guess I have nothing against it.

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 05:16
It's definatly different. I was a bit confused but now I wish there was a GWOnline monk because my HP is a little low.

MONK HEAL PLEASE!!

I'm not bashing against it or anything but I am just wondering how it benifits the forums. Seems it's more for the people posting if anything. Meh, as long as it doesn't cause the site to go slow again I guess I have nothing against it.

They dont really serve a purpose, perse, just to liven up the boards a bit with some new color and stuff :P I like it, though... Gives me a mark to shoot for *paints a bulls-eye on Zero's back*

Kenagalaz
16-01-2006, 05:20
What? no level cap? now we gotta grind, SOO not what I payed for.

wait...

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 05:22
What? no level cap? now we gotta grind, SOO not what I payed for.

wait...

Actually, the level cap is 99 :p And if you became a pal, you would have, in some way, shape and/or form, paid for it... kinda... :shocked:

Malak The Cold
16-01-2006, 05:26
its really freakin cool.

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 05:29
its really freakin cool.

Glad you like it, Malak :D Considering this is your first post, and you have been registered since June, do you usually "lurk" in our forums? Did this addition make you want to post in the forums more often, now? Sorry, just curious ;)

Aria Darkstorm
16-01-2006, 05:30
heh, June...first post now..thats kinda sad(but in a good way). Any chance of Fast reply happening soon with all these changes?

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 05:36
heh, June...first post now..thats kinda sad(but in a good way). Any chance of Fast reply happening soon with all these changes?

No idea... And I better not be seeing the return of Aria and Aretelio, The Spam Brothers®, or heads will roll :P

Scutilla
16-01-2006, 05:39
Durnit, now I gotta find myself a rune of major vigor and a +20% versus spammers sword pommel... I love my ginormous energy reserves, though it's no match for the massive energy pools that people like Zero and Fallen have- what'd you say your Energy Storage was again? :wink:

Seriously, that's a pretty neat feature. I'm curious as to how the damage taken/drained energy works though- I post a lot (my average is 4.5 a day, which is pretty representive of my current activity), but my energy is near empty. What gives?

Ju Smurph
16-01-2006, 05:58
Malak The Cold has one post and has 0/0 hp:shocked: is that alive or the living dead?

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 06:05
Seriously, that's a pretty neat feature. I'm curious as to how the damage taken/drained energy works though- I post a lot (my average is 4.5 a day, which is pretty representive of my current activity), but my energy is near empty. What gives?

The maker of this mod based it off of 10 posts/day, I believe. You have less than that, your HP goes down. As for Energy, it runs along the same lines, except that its goes since you have been registered and how active you have been... Not quite sure how it works, and the creator of the plugin isnt even quite sure how it works :shocked:

Malak The Cold has one post and has 0/0 hp:shocked: is that alive or the living dead?

Im... not quite sure, acutally... :shocked:

Adrenus
16-01-2006, 06:27
cool :DDDDDDDD

Wandalf
16-01-2006, 06:35
Heh, it's a sweet new feature.
I guess it will encourage people to post more, let's just hope there won't be too much spamming.

Nice work there admins :thumbsup:

mss smwht
16-01-2006, 06:38
well, it certainly is... interesting...

10 posts/day? wow... i don't think i could keep that up even with spamming. ah well, one way to find out :smiley:

why does it no longer put a smiley if you do :) or :p or :D or :( ?? i hate things where manual entry is strange, like this is now...

Chaotic one
16-01-2006, 06:43
this is pretty cool i like!

so do u get any added stuff if ur a certain lvl or is it just for show?

example lvl 50 u can have a signature

Wandalf
16-01-2006, 07:19
Well, I can't speak for the admins, but I doubt if they would do that.
Giving out extras at a certain level would certainly make a lot spam all day long.

And if you want a signature, you can be come a PAL. Donate to GWOnline, and get a siggie for free. :grin:
Oh, and you get that warm fuzzy feeling for helping out...

Zalotiye Slava
16-01-2006, 08:18
Hey, then we could outfit it with a class/secondary information... start a forum-based version of guild wars, our forum avatars replacing our in-game characters!
I'm kinda worried about spam too, posts just for the sake of posting.
And 10 posts... per day? O.o
....Wow. That would encourage people to post shorter posts, that contribute less to the conversation. If someone takes half an hour to compose a page-long post, they'd have to spend 5 hours on the forums to maintain their hp.
A user who spams short posts that they throw together in three minutes like this will spend half an hour on the forums, contributing very little.
One might also hope the plug-in takes the length of a forum post into account. It should also account for grammar and spelling (in English! Screw them dern Euros! Woooo! ...Kidding!)

In the meantime, I need to reactivate my old AOL and MSN accounts... I registered on DiabloII.net's forums back in 2002, and I wants my account back! Imagine the ungodly amounts of energy/mana... especially with all the trade spam in USEast Trading and Community (Soli- <3).

Thul Rasha
16-01-2006, 09:18
Haha! :laughing: This forum is becomming more and more a game. When are you going to put in monsters for us to slay? Perhaps some green forum trolls to start with? :grin:

listen
16-01-2006, 10:15
nice feature

guess i have to remember to log out each time i exit the forums now :huh:

Tsume
16-01-2006, 10:21
Haha! :laughing: This forum is becomming more and more a game. When are you going to put in monsters for us to slay? Perhaps some green forum trolls to start with? :grin:

Well the only thing to slay will be you guys if yall turn into spammers! :P

Just this smornin', Fallen passed out the new runes to add into our respective banning tools, Fallen's stick, snow's pillow, MV's quick wit (an ethereal form device), zero's donkey, and my pink fluflfy house coat. (The long pillowy fluff can and will consume your souls).

Anyway, the runes give -100 to targets post count per hit, and it also cannot be blocked, evaded, or physicaly dodged by moving your character around. Mods also have resistences to all conditions, with special immunity to burning (flames) and blindness (we see all!) and all hexes.

Cérilia
16-01-2006, 10:46
I like this upgrade! And given the mod team we have I'm sure they will now how to prevent spam

*unearths ban branch of doom* :angry2:

Negative post count...
I order thee to leave this corpse Aretelio ! :wink:

Shimus DarkRaven
16-01-2006, 11:57
hah. Very unique you guys. A definite thumbs up when everything is situated.

--The Shim

Diab
16-01-2006, 12:12
In the meantime, I need to reactivate my old AOL and MSN accounts... I registered on DiabloII.net's forums back in 2002, and I wants my account back! Imagine the ungodly amounts of energy/mana... especially with all the trade spam in USEast Trading and Community (Soli- <3).

The Diabloii.net forums do not have this new feature.

Forgotten Legend
16-01-2006, 12:28
The maker of this mod based it off of 10 posts/day, I believe. You have less than that, your HP goes down. As for Energy, it runs along the same lines, except that its goes since you have been registered and how active you have been... Not quite sure how it works, and the creator of the plugin isnt even quite sure how it works :shocked:

i guess that means i'll die of degen then, as i don't have the time read enough to make 10 posts a day. because i don't like posting in a thread i haven't read though, to avoid repeating what others have said. after all, isn't it better to add something constructive, that may not have been said already?

unless of course your a mamber of the department of redundancy department

either way, i think its still cool. BTW at the time of this post, i have 6HP. so be carfeful not to breathe too hard in my direction, as the impact will probably turn me into an exploitable corpse. WARNING: i will verata's gaze myself if you make a flesh golem out of me.

Lyger
16-01-2006, 12:38
I've never seen anything like this before on a forum. Should be interesting. GJ, mods/admin!

Coolness, my level is not as low as I thought it would be. So - is anyone up for RPG style member battles? :girly:

Metroid_01
16-01-2006, 12:59
I've never seen anything like this before on a forum. Should be interesting. GJ, mods/admin!

/agree

I like this, its a very interesting feature. :azn:

Parker Bsb
16-01-2006, 13:28
Just this smornin', Fallen passed out the new runes to add into our respective banning tools, Fallen's stick, snow's pillow, MV's quick wit (an ethereal form device), zero's donkey, and my pink fluflfy house coat. (The long pillowy fluff can and will consume your souls).

Hehe I can't belive you still use the housecoat :azn: .

BTW this new feature really does rock it's interesting to see other's stats
(10 posts per day seems high tho), when I check my user profile I'm floating a little below 5)

Metroid_01
16-01-2006, 13:47
(10 posts per day seems high tho), when I check my user profile I'm floating a little below 5)

Heh, i need to start grindin some exp here :P. I have a pretty low post count/day...i wouldnt mind changing that :).

There used to be a few people that had over 10. I dunno what happened to im...but Kazama Fury used to have 13/day easy. I think he held the post count record before the forum split ^^.

black hand
16-01-2006, 14:59
Eh my feelings are mixed... I've seen this on plenty of other forums and it was used to unlock stuff, sigs better avatar's etc. And it became useless after you got your basic forum stuff unlocked. Most only took a few months (which is a good thing in a way).

Anyway besides trying to fill up those two little bars theres not much reason to worry about it. But of course this is new and you guys are probably working on stuff to give or something if we hit X lvl or whatever. But this little patch seems to help the people that have been here for a long time or people that have the time to post alot. I like this sites forums bcause most don't move at a million miles per hour. If I post a question or answer one I have time to not worry about it droping to the second page in less than 2 hours.

But I know yall will find the best way to work out these things.

Metroid_01
16-01-2006, 15:36
I dont think this forum has ever put emphasis on post count for anything. (cept maybe bragging rights :P). I highly doubt this will change it, its just a nice new addition so we can all spam about having low hp or something. :laugh:

BlackCompanyFan
16-01-2006, 15:55
Well the only thing to slay will be you guys if yall turn into spammers! :P

Anyway, the runes give -100 to targets post count per hit, and it also cannot be blocked, evaded, or physicaly dodged by moving your character around. Mods also have resistences to all conditions, with special immunity to burning (flames) and blindness (we see all!) and all hexes.

Cool! Where can I farm for runes like that? :grin:

I like this: It livens up the forums and present non-essential information in a new and exciting way. Like so many others, I hope this doesn't incite abuse (spam).

LiQuID StEeL
16-01-2006, 16:10
YES! QUICK REPLY! I JUST NOTICED IT!

spam spam spam spam spam spam... :afro:

Cool idea, but I can see a lot of people making "dumb" posts now. :\

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/576/doh5bk.jpg
Any idea why my profile thingy looks like this?

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 16:19
I think he held the post count record before the forum split ^^.

Check out Ash Housewares. He has over 13k posts, I believe, and is the post leader, and he doesnt even visit this section of the boards O.o

And woot! We have a quick reply!!!

Aria Darkstorm
16-01-2006, 16:46
No idea... And I better not be seeing the return of Aria and Aretelio, The Spam Brothers®, or heads will roll :P
what? you dont like your buddy Aria? I thought you liked me! /cry

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 16:52
what? you dont like your buddy Aria? I thought you liked me! /cry

Its not that I dont like you, its just that you and Aretelio had the whole "who can get to 100 posts faster" thing, and we (mods/admins) remember that kinda stuff :P You two gave me a headache that week :P

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/576/doh5bk.jpg
Any idea why my profile thingy looks like this?

If you do a Shift+Refresh, it should return back to normal. It only does that when you use the quick reply.

Metroid_01
16-01-2006, 17:37
Check out Ash Housewares. He has over 13k posts, I believe, and is the post leader, and he doesnt even visit this section of the boards O.o

Wow...it has been so long since ive heard that name.

defrule
16-01-2006, 17:47
Pretty neat weee feature

FragJunky
16-01-2006, 17:48
If I figure out how to Farm the Forums and gain Experience, will they Nerf me. :-)

IBeJebus
16-01-2006, 17:50
If I figure out how to Farm the Forums and gain Experience, will they Nerf me. :-)
Yes.
Yes we will.

:wink: :grin:

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 17:50

I wouldnt call it a nerf, perse... More like a reduction :P Unless you would count setting a post count to 0 a nerf :P

edit: D'oh. Jebus beat me to it :(

Parker Bsb
16-01-2006, 18:11
Jeez this has to be the most lively discussion in the forum support area ever :grin:

BTW is there any sort of "mana porion" or BiP I can get to get my energy back up :afro:

snowkissed
16-01-2006, 18:18
snow's pillow

pom-poms darnit!!!!! :cutie:

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 18:20
pom-poms darnit!!!!! :cutie:

Beware the wrath of snow's pillow!

and parker, you just need to post more :P I would give you BiP, but I dont think I can transfer it from my necro to the forums O.o

MoonUnit
16-01-2006, 18:48
I just wanted to say, that the XP, MP and HP bars are pretty cool. I'm not too 'active' as I usually stay near the technical forum but still an awesome addition to liven up these forums. Kudos :sunny:

My post per day is sitting at .33/day atm.... lol :shocked:

Scutilla
16-01-2006, 19:31

Neato- have you guys gotten your FoW Moderator armor yet? I got my last 15k PAL piece last night, sold a gold staff (10% chance of faster posting) to get the money for it.

i guess that means i'll die of degen then, as i don't have the time read enough to make 10 posts a day. because i don't like posting in a thread i haven't read though, to avoid repeating what others have said. after all, isn't it better to add something constructive, that may not have been said already?
Mesmer Skill: Real Life's Phantasm (Illusion Magic)
Spell. Gives the target the illusion of having a real life, causing them to go do other stuff than posting on forums all day. Causes 3...8 health degeneration for 1 day.

Ok, I'm done making nerdy GW-related jokes... :azn: Ooh, quick-reply...

Chaos Deity
16-01-2006, 19:47
now i, the deity, willbecome a god among peasants and become the highest lvl player eva! (sniff, FF7 sniff).

can we kill a spherioth (bad spelling srry u fanpeople) at lvl 60?

oh, can we have an RP Forum now?
cuz, i mean, this would be really handy....

"chaos deity slowly crept up on the forest bunnies.....his low level 2 stats would be sure to help him pass this difficult challenge.... CD NEEDS his bunny broth to help the old farmer lady to cure her husband to marry his daughter to give him the special broach to unlock the door to the secret cavern that leads to the portal where the extremely fine princess who yeilds the power of light to kill the evil gods who have trapped your entire family in a dimension of eternal suffering that can only be destryed by getting the life crystal from the forest bunny king who u killed to get the bunny broth to help the old farmer lady cure her husband.......... " :afro: lmfao i have problems.

but u get the point

we could have our own GW adventures with our lvls and mana and stuff.

it could add a whole new dimension to the forums!:smiley:

Diab
16-01-2006, 19:51

And woot! We have a quick reply!!!

Ash has something over 21k posts already on the DiabloII forums.

I used to be a member of a small forum dedicated to a Diablo2 mod one time. They had a forum gold system, which calculated the amount of forum gold you get from each post, by the amount of text you type into the post. It'd be nice to see something like this here; to make people not only post a lot of times, but also put a lot into each post.

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 20:04
oh, can we have an RP Forum now?
cuz, i mean, this would be really handy....

Its something I had thought of before, but I dont know how well it would go over or how much it would get used. I know two good mods for it, but I wanna know how much it would get used, first.

mss smwht
16-01-2006, 20:09
the gold system could be useful, but it could lead to problems.

people would fill posts with completely useless text just to get the gold amount higher. rewarding longer posts would just lead to more spam per message. still, it would be an interesting way to help the people who write guides and the like.

i would have also demonstrated a point about invisible text, but this forum doesn't allow text colors

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 20:11
the gold system could be useful, but it could lead to problems.

people would fill posts with completely useless text just to get the gold amount higher. rewarding longer posts would just lead to more spam per message. still, it would be an interesting way to help the people who write guides and the like.

i would have also demonstrated a point about invisible text, but this forum doesn't allow text colors

People who did that would follow the same kind of consiquences as they would for spamming post, this time just with words. There are ways to punish people who try things like that ;)

Sister Tuck
16-01-2006, 20:12
10 posts a day? or HP goes down? wow. I'll never have more than 10 HP then. I try and post good information and by the time I read alot of threads. Someone else has usually posted the info 1st. sigh.... been here since beta and I'm gonna be a 10 HP weakling :cry:

Shimus DarkRaven
16-01-2006, 20:15
Sitting at like 0/0 ..posting "REZ ME!" ....ahh... I can see it coming..

--The Shim

Gorani
16-01-2006, 20:30
Well it could be that I am tired right now after a hard working day in RL, but I don't get it:

HP will rise and fall if I post more than 10 (less then 10) a day?
Energy does exactly what?
XP will rise if I post, I got that.

I think I will need to be rezzed soon, because I will not post sensless things to keep my HP high. Hope others feel the same way and will not post useless info to "stay alive"

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 20:39
Well it could be that I am tired right now after a hard working day in RL, but I don't get it:

HP will rise and fall if I post more than 10 (less then 10) a day?
Energy does exactly what?
XP will rise if I post, I got that.

TBH, we arent really sure what Energy does either... The maker of the plugin doesnt really know O.o

I think I will need to be rezzed soon, because I will not post sensless things to keep my HP high. Hope others feel the same way and will not post useless info to "stay alive"

You and me both ;)

Metroid_01
16-01-2006, 20:54
They had a forum gold system, which calculated the amount of forum gold you get from each post, by the amount of text you type into the post.

spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa...*cough*.

I did not know health was working that way, i just...dunno...assumed it did its own thing there. if the hp bar was feeling happy one day, you get more hp. ^^.

Garreth MacLeod
16-01-2006, 21:10
10 posts per day to increase your HP? I'll be dead in a week. heh

Xandlyn
16-01-2006, 21:14
TBH, we arent really sure what Energy does either... The maker of the plugin doesnt really know O.o

LOL sorry but that is just the funniest thing ever! Gotta love people that make difficult programs that don't even really understand how they function properlly.

I vote to take energy off if the use is unkown. As it will most likely keep me awake at night going "why...why does my energy bar never move?!? It just doesn't make sense!!" :largeshocked:

Alright it won't keep me up at night. But perhaps the energy bar can be the big discussion/mystery. Battle wits and discover it's true potential become the ultimate gwonline :brainiac: <-tumor?

:laughing:

Shimus DarkRaven
16-01-2006, 21:21
I agree. When the makers don't know, it must have been made purely for aesthetics.

But eh, Mana is cool. I'm a warrior. I already have 10x and over what I should have currently, so I'll just spam mana skills at you! WONK! :afro:

--The Shim

Elly
16-01-2006, 22:31
I agree. When the makers don't know, it must have been made purely for aesthetics.

--The Shim

Maybe we'll find another one of these types of plug ins. This was the first one we've ever tried. Previous versions of vbulletin didn't make it easy to use hacks, they had plenty on their site forums though but it was always a pain to integrate them. Now they've acknowledged the community of hacks/plug-in makers and rewrote some fo the forum script to make it that much easier.

This guy might develop this rpg stats one or we may find another one that makes more sense or calculates differently. We may all just stop noticing it in a couple weeks and forget about it. Who knows but it's nice to see it's stimulating conversation and people are seeing it as a bit of fun.

Others Added - In the bit that says Welcome, your name (top right) it should link to a list of threads you've subscribed to.

To the very front page, just below the 'Who's Online' box we've added a list of the last 5 or 6 subscribers. Just by way of acknowledgement.

:content:

Diab
16-01-2006, 22:41
Others Added - In the bit that says Welcome, your name (top right) it should link to a list of threads you've subscribed to.

Yeah I noticed that thing first. Nifty little feature.

beemander
16-01-2006, 22:41
so what if my hp hits zero?

Fallen_62
16-01-2006, 22:43
so what if my hp hits zero?

You flatline :P

Seriously though, nothing bad happens... Your HP just hits 0...

Metroid_01
16-01-2006, 22:50

I love this feature by the way, makes it extremely easy to reply to threads i had been posting in previously without the email contact. :grin:

Kalamir Of Redshire
16-01-2006, 23:45
Great. Time for me to post randomly on topics I dont care about. I mean, i just dont wanna die!

Rune Splendor
17-01-2006, 02:45
Wow, you guys went to a lot of trouble to lure me out of my stalking and lurking...:wave:

I suppose I'll have to post now, more than once in a blue moon, just so people don't get weirded out.:sealed:

Really, I'm very flattered, You shouldn't have. The rest of the readers and I were quite happy being wallflowers.

Runekeeper
17-01-2006, 03:41
amen to that:) I lurk and search the forums nearly everyday, but don't post due to questions already being asked, it being pointless, etc. (gawd bless the search function btw) I might even be tempted now to interact with other forum dwellers!*gasps and dies from posting too much in one month*

black hand
17-01-2006, 03:51
Not to sure if someone said this but it seems that the HP thing is like every post you get 1 more hp back. So HP + 1 per post - X amount if not at Y amout per day?

Rune Splendor
17-01-2006, 04:06
Make the bad man stop!

He did (gasp) ALGEBRA!

Why is there no terrified smiley?

DeathGun
17-01-2006, 04:19
Ok I do like it and all but why ? lol. Why go through all the trouble to do this. Unless it was just for fun and all :P.

Must SPAM FTW j/k btw this isnt spam i just want to know why you did this lol. and if this was already asked and answered im srry i didnt feel like going through 10 pages of stuff :P

-David

Fallen_62
17-01-2006, 05:06
Ok I do like it and all but why ? lol. Why go through all the trouble to do this. Unless it was just for fun and all :P.

Must SPAM FTW j/k btw this isnt spam i just want to know why you did this lol. and if this was already asked and answered im srry i didnt feel like going through 10 pages of stuff :P

-David

We did it because... well... we did it because... ya see... There wasnt really a reason too it, really... just that we thought it would be cool and fun and spruce up the forums a bit :D

Xandlyn
17-01-2006, 06:15

-David

Ack REZ!!!!!! Wheres the monks?!? Ping your health man!!!

Seriously though...the only thing I've noticed moving on mine is the experience. I don't want to post more...I just want to add to topics...not make useless threads.

BTW: Thank you mods for doing a good job today by getting on top of useless threads, pointless comments, and well...the normal stuff. You guys are grade A!

Scutilla
17-01-2006, 06:35
I vote to take energy off if the use is unkown. As it will most likely keep me awake at night going "why...why does my energy bar never move?!? It just doesn't make sense!!" :largeshocked:
I've seen my energy move from 200 to 203 over the last day. That's what, one ten-thousanth of a pip of regen? :azn:

njay
17-01-2006, 07:10
Ok I understand the exp bar thingy now. But what about the green or red dot by our names? Different teams/factions?

Wandalf
17-01-2006, 07:12
Ok I understand the exp bar thingy now. But what about the green or red dot by our names? Different teams/factions?
Green dot means online, red dot means the person is off-line (as in not logged on the forum)

:oriental:

Captain Baltimore
17-01-2006, 08:04
So let me get this straight

HP is how active you are? (like time online)
MP (i forgot)
EXP everybody should know that one ;)

SonOfRah
17-01-2006, 09:50
heh.... interesting ;)

Zero RoGuE
17-01-2006, 10:07

I personaly dont like it... It seems like everyone either has near full health or is in desperate need of a monk..

Cérilia
17-01-2006, 15:24
I don't fully understand yet how the energy thing works... And I just don't know how MV for instance will ever be able to gain back a reasonnable portion of energy (he has more than 8000 energy points!)

Why is there no terrified smiley?
But there is: :scared:

Fallen_62
17-01-2006, 16:33
And I just don't know how MV for instance will ever be able to gain back a reasonnable portion of energy (he has more than 8000 energy points!)

Me too! Im trying but it isnt working too well :( And Im not even spamming posts!

Parker Bsb
17-01-2006, 16:38
I think there should be a FAQ about the exp bar stuf Fallen... may stem the amount of questions concerning it :P

Also I don't know if it's possible to modify the exp thing, but once you gain 10 levels have the energy/health topped up? :wink:

FragJunky
17-01-2006, 16:55
10 posts a day? or HP goes down? wow. I'll never have more than 10 HP then. I try and post good information and by the time I read alot of threads. Someone else has usually posted the info 1st. sigh.... been here since beta and I'm gonna be a 10 HP weakling :cry:

Look at it this way, with a Superior Rune of SPAM, and only a 10 HP, you could Farm Mods and make a fortune.:happy:

CKaz
17-01-2006, 17:36
can we band together and try to take over parts of the forum, etc?

edit - doh - LF Monk or Ritualist pronto! :shocked:
and a BiP Necro! :tongue:

Mog Wai
17-01-2006, 20:39
I like the bars, nifty idea.

atray
17-01-2006, 21:28
This feature is pretty awesome. :grin:

superowner
17-01-2006, 21:48
We totally need forum pvp =0 (Bah,this is the first time to post in months..)

wildspear
17-01-2006, 21:55
Crap, now I have to farm POSTS now?!

LOL! Farming in the forums. I have a max dmg green mouse. Does any one have a scrolling wheel of fortitude I could upgrade my mouse with?

Holb
17-01-2006, 22:01
Heh, I can only imagine the spam threads that will ensue.

Anyways, Forming group for post farming. Invite Self!

wildspear
17-01-2006, 22:02

I dont think it is a good thing to brag, but I would do it if I could:grin: . Is there any purpose to the experience thing. Is it just to get people more interested in posting on the forums?

P.S. I will become a pal to the forum as soon as I get home. Great forum!

They dont really serve a purpose, perse, just to liven up the boards a bit with some new color and stuff :P I like it, though... Gives me a mark to shoot for *paints a bulls-eye on Zero's back*

It does liven things up. Everything does not have to serve a purpose. Just like all those holloween and christmas items. They didnt really do anything great but it was neat to have.

Mookle X
18-01-2006, 01:15
I like this idea, while it does invite spamaging a bit, it also brings forth more discussion. Maybe it should be made so that stuff like off topic posts don't count to xp and all that. Maybe they just help health.

mss smwht
18-01-2006, 01:31
the quick reply glitches my UI... but if i hit back -> forward, the post isn't there. refresh, and it is there (and UI is fixed) the UI only breaks on my quickreplied post.

its probably just firefox not liking a javascript based thing developed in IE (if i had to guess)

Mawgleah
18-01-2006, 01:45
I like this idea, while it does invite spamaging a bit, it also brings forth more discussion. Maybe it should be made so that stuff like off topic posts don't count to xp and all that. Maybe they just help health.

Most off topic posts, especially if they seem to be excessive, will be deleted.

Rune Splendor
18-01-2006, 02:14
Ok, if energy is how long we've been with the forum, is it proportional or just how is it figured out? It can't be accurate because I've been here longer than 62 days.

Now, granted, my minimalist approach to posting may contribute, if they only count the days since your first post.

PS: Thanks Cerilia, Now when I meet the dreaded math monster, I'm prepared!:scared:

Mookle X
18-01-2006, 03:26
Perhaps it is how long you have been a member compared to how many days you actually vistit this site.

Diab
18-01-2006, 03:58
Perhaps it is how long you have been a member compared to how many days you actually vistit this site.

I have around 10k Energy, and 10000 days is over 27 years, so I don't think it's that. I've been around for a while, but not 27 years! :huh:

wildspear
18-01-2006, 05:37
Maybe it is just a way to keep us guessing and this way we are at the site more.

Fallen_62
18-01-2006, 06:33
the quick reply glitches my UI... but if i hit back -> forward, the post isn't there. refresh, and it is there (and UI is fixed) the UI only breaks on my quickreplied post.

its probably just firefox not liking a javascript based thing developed in IE (if i had to guess)

Yea, we looked at the code the other day, and there isnt anything wrong with it, and it works fine in IE, so my guess is taht it was written in IE, for IE, with minimal testing done in FF. If you post and then Shift+Reload, it will be back to normal... Same if you load a completely new page and then load the post again (hitting the "Back" button wont do it).

Metroid_01
18-01-2006, 11:05
I have around 10k Energy, and 10000 days is over 27 years, so I don't think it's that. I've been around for a while, but not 27 years! :huh:

You also have not made 1500 posts, it can be like the (amt of time youve been here - days you visited) * 50 or something. Who knows... it would be nice to figure it out tho lol.
(just a complete guess based on what Mookle X said).

Diab
18-01-2006, 11:14
Well, there is a formula for it, but I didn't really get into figuring it out for myself.

Parker Bsb
18-01-2006, 12:48
What with you being a mod Diab I think it's your duty to get to the bottom of this :tongue:

FORM A COMMITEE! :grin:

ArbainHestia
18-01-2006, 13:19
What with you being a mod Diab I think it's your duty to get to the bottom of this

FORM A COMMITEE! :grin:

We'll continue to have these meeting every day until we find out why work is not getting done. :grin:

I think Parker is right. You must find the answer (it could be 42 :huh: ). You'll need the top math peoples, physics people (silent we need you), biologists, chemists, and at least one person who can hold three billiard balls in his mouth.

I won't be able to sleep at night until I know. I'll supply the kegs!

:wave:

Fallen_62
18-01-2006, 14:19
mmmmm, thinking hard, I think I can come up with the answer to the forumula..

*goes into a trancelike state and then blurts out...*

$maxmp= ($jointime * $level) / 5;
(Sets max MP/Energy)

and to determine the MP/Energy we have is...

*goes into trancelike state again and blurts out...*

42!! erm... wait...

*goes into a deeper trancelike state...*

$mp= $post[posts] / 3;
(Determines the MP/Energy we have)

Ah, yes, thats it :P

Hows that for deduction logic? Actually, I cheated and looked at the developers code he had in his explination of the plugin :P

ArbainHestia
18-01-2006, 14:35
Yay now I can sleep! :yawn:
*wanders off to PAL nap thread*

Good work fallen! :thumbsup:

Parker Bsb
18-01-2006, 14:40
Sweet... seriously now, do you want me to compile this info so it can be stickied?

Also I was really impressed with how fast you figured that out (until you stated you cheated :rant: )

Fallen_62
18-01-2006, 14:42
Sweet... seriously now, do you want me to compile this info so it can be stickied?

Also I was really impressed with how fast you figured that out (until you stated you cheated :rant: )

Hehe, sorry to disappoint you, parker :P I prolly coulda figured it out even if I hadnt cheated, but that woulda taken too long, and I wanted only to serve you guys :P

Anyway, if you want to compile the stuff into one post that deals with the plugin, go ahead ;) I will sticky it and let this one die (i.e. lock it)

Parker Bsb
18-01-2006, 15:05
Humm I'll get on that (is there a chance I could get some more info on the plugin... even where you got it from so I can dl it and find out the rest of the equations?)

... actually going through this thread there is not as much info on the new plugin as I originally thought there was :shocked: ...

Edit: Oh yeah fallen you know I was joking (about the cheating thing) right? RIGHT! :flowers:

Cérilia
18-01-2006, 15:26
If I understand well $jointime is in fact the number of days since you joined the forum...
So with my actual post number to have a full mana bar it would mean I have posted the same amount but instead of starting in mid june I would have started at the end of october... and it would mean around 20 posts a day!
Now that's what I call spamming!

EDIT: Before making a sticky post, I think we need to discover the equations behind health, and levels (it sure looks like a log thing...)

Fallen_62
18-01-2006, 15:46
EDIT: Before making a sticky post, I think we need to discover the equations behind health, and levels (it sure looks like a log thing...)

Close... the levels are based on a log... The HP is:

$hpmulti =round ($postsperday / 6, 1);
if ($hpmulti > 1.5) {
$hpmulti = 1.5;
}
if ($hpmulti < 1) {
$hpmulti = 1;
}

$maxhp = $level * 25 * $hpmulti;

$hp= $postsperday / 10;

The last line is where we get the 10 posts/day

Parker Bsb
18-01-2006, 16:20
:closed:

ok well maybe not exactly yet but I wanna use this emote SOOO BAD :grin:

Also fallen if you think it's ok for me to update the other thread with the health formulae let me know

Fallen_62
18-01-2006, 16:32
Yea, go ahead with that parker. Im ganna close this thread now... The FAQ thread can be found here (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=382624).