PDA

View Full Version : assasin best 2nd profession

LeV cyanide
20-01-2006, 05:13
what do u think would be the BEST 2nd profession for the assasin i was thinking elementalist so u can blink and do Area of effect but thats just me any ideas? and there are gunna beee sooooooooooooooooooooo many assasains classes once it comes out i kno thats what i wanted to do when i first bought guild wars thats what i did on WoW i love the whole sneak around and be a badass lol but yea i want to hear some feedback on this im highly interested in it....

KCBeserk
20-01-2006, 05:51
the best second profesion would be a war cause the special assain profesion is critacle and the swordsmanship increase chance of a critical attack so u have 20%+ of landing a critcal attack

Ju Smurph
20-01-2006, 05:53
intresting, im thinking mesmer with IW... but im intresting to see how that all pans out...

SkarjakTheFoul
20-01-2006, 06:06
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all IW attacks "miss", thus removing any possibility of a crit? No crit= unhappy assassin. :(

I think necromancer, mesmer, warrior and ranger are gonna be popular choices. Necro adds some self-heal and offensive capabilities as well as hexes to compliment the assassin's curses (the assassin will basically weaken his enemy and move in for the kill). Assassin/Mesmers will be very great monk killers, and warrior and ranger secondaries will suplly defensive stances to increase survivability.

I personally will be making an A/N.

Zingeri
20-01-2006, 06:12
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all IW attacks "miss", thus removing any possibility of a crit? No crit= unhappy assassin. :(

I think necromancer, mesmer, warrior and ranger are gonna be popular choices. Necro adds some self-heal and offensive capabilities as well as hexes to compliment the assassin's curses (the assassin will basically weaken his enemy and move in for the kill). Assassin/Mesmers will be very great monk killers, and warrior and ranger secondaries will suplly defensive stances to increase survivability.

I personally will be making an A/N.IW attatcks don't "miss," but they don't "hit."

However, the best thing to do would be to have a Me/W wielding Daggers and using Flurry.

Zaxares
20-01-2006, 06:26
IW attatcks don't "miss," but they don't "hit."

However, the best thing to do would be to have a Me/W wielding Daggers and using Flurry.

We don't know yet whether Daggers really do have an increased attack speed over swords/axes (although it seems highly likely). It may be that the lower damage threshold of daggers is offset by their frequent critical hit + skill combo usage. If daggers attack no faster than swords or axes, then I foresee the Me/W with a sword and focus item to remain the most popular choice.

Awcasper
20-01-2006, 15:15
I fought a IW A/Mes in CA tonite/this morning. The dmg output was pretty good. (was killed >.<)

Right now Im playing w/ a A/Mes using Fragility, Black Mantis, Temple Strike, and Twisting Fangs. Its a pretty decent build that's still being tweaked. I have it posted over at the Mes forums.

WingspanTT
20-01-2006, 17:33
I think Necro will be popular with the touch range skills.

The Experimentor
20-01-2006, 18:40
intresting, im thinking mesmer with IW... but im intresting to see how that all pans out...

IW attatcks don't "miss," but they don't "hit."

I fought a IW A/Mes in CA tonite/this morning. The dmg output was pretty good. (was killed >.<)

Right now Im playing w/ a A/Mes using Fragility, Black Mantis, Temple Strike, and Twisting Fangs. Its a pretty decent build that's still being tweaked. I have it posted over at the Mes forums.

I'd say Mesmer for IW. Dagger Mastery gives a natural 2% per attribute point for a double attack. Max it out and that's a constant 32% "faster attack rate".

Most of the Mesmer damage-dealing stuff should also work well for Assassins. For example, I used to "assassinate" targets using Conjure Phantasm from behind a wall (with no near path to me from my foe). :wink: If you can't kill them up close, you can at least cheese them.

The Experimentor
20-01-2006, 18:44
We don't know yet whether Daggers really do have an increased attack speed over swords/axes (although it seems highly likely). It may be that the lower damage threshold of daggers is offset by their frequent critical hit + skill combo usage. If daggers attack no faster than swords or axes, then I foresee the Me/W with a sword and focus item to remain the most popular choice.

Daggers only "attack faster" with Dagger Mastery, based on DM's description. You get a 2% chance per DM Attribute Point to double attack.

On anything else, it's a two-handed melee weapon with a poor damage range (dagger's max 7-17 vs. sword's max 15-22). Even staves are better. IW Me/W are better off with axes or swords.

EvilSage
20-01-2006, 18:53
I think A/N or N/A would be good, combo the shadow walks and touches

Count Chocula V
20-01-2006, 19:57
Remember though when the skills are listed as lead hand, off hand, and dual attack they arent kidding. A lead hand skill uses your right hand wep. An off hand skill use your Left hand wep. And lastly (and most importantly) the dual attack skill uses BOTH WEAPONS, making a very big dmg output. I'm not sure whether it is counted as two separate attacks that are added together (if their wep stats were 7-17 i.e. 15+14=29) or both stats are added together ahead of time (14-34). However the point is that when using dual attacks you will cause more dmg from using both weps. And it is balanced because you can't just spam the dual attacks, you must combo them with lead and off hand attacks.

ON TOPIC :With the 4 pips of regen im interested in saeing what elems could offer the assassin. Mind you apply poison and whirling defense come to mind from the ranger side :-)

uacs
20-01-2006, 20:31
assasin / ranger in my opinion
tigers fury is very run with daggers..

and ranger/assasin is fun too..
very quick skill recharge and low skill costs thx to experties.. with tigers ofcoruse

i think we will soon see iway assasin groups.. oh my.. wonder how that will go

Valice
20-01-2006, 20:39
I've been using IW with my A/Me, and it destroys people.
Currently, this is what I'm running with:

12 Illusion
11 Dagger Mastery
8 Inspiration

Illusion of Weakness
Illusionary Weaponry
Physical Resistance
Conjure Phantasm (for runners)
Ethereal Burden (for runners)
Arcane Conundrum
Ether Feast
Res Sig

I've had people wondering what the heck just happened to their HP...heehee.

Anyway, I had a thought...what do you think of

Illusion of Weakness + Shadow Form?

I think that has some amazing potential right there...

iway assassins
Wait, don't you need pets + IWAY? Those are Ranger and Warrior skills...>.<
(Well, I guess you don't NEED pets...)

NTsan
20-01-2006, 20:41
Ele/A is also very cool (all those short range spell finally have better use)

cynn shadowstalker
20-01-2006, 21:04
id have to say necromancer or an elemantalist
necra=life stealing
ele=armor buffs