PDA

View Full Version : How to make a Ri/W?

The Experimentor
20-01-2006, 17:58
I'm trying to put together a blind swordsman (I can't wait to PvE when Factions comes out) and am testing him using the PvP weekend. :grin: From what I've seen, the Ritualist is both fun and cool! :cool: I really like his animations for combat- he really looks like he's fighting blind.

The thing is I'm not too clear how to go about making a well-integrated Ri/W. The Weapon Spells are obvious, but which path of ritualism do I take?

Also, I'm having a hard time figuring out which skills will synergize well with a melee-based swordsman Ritualist. Summoning spirits to deal extra damage in combat seems okay (it's really fun), but I figure he's going to have to be more effective and efficient than that for serious PvE or PvP play. I'm honestly not one for subtlety when I play, so I have a hard time figuring out combos and little tricks- I really prefer a more direct way of fighting.

Any contructive help and input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :afro:

GrimShade
20-01-2006, 18:38
I was thinking along the same lines, or a blind archer…but is seems the ritualist isn’t going to pack the armor a warrior has that is the big help for him. Thus we need to find some things that will help offset that. I am still contemplating it too.

Hopefully the Ritualist can cast his weapon spells on himself; Vengeful weapon and wielder’s boon will be nice to keep you alive. The other key I am guessing is a few nice stances that will help keep you from getting hit. Ranger and Warrior skills will be nice for that.

Patccmoi
20-01-2006, 19:25
I'm trying to put together a blind swordsman (I can't wait to PvE when Factions comes out) and am testing him using the PvP weekend. :grin: From what I've seen, the Ritualist is both fun and cool! :cool: I really like his animations for combat- he really looks like he's fighting blind.

The thing is I'm not too clear how to go about making a well-integrated Ri/W. The Weapon Spells are obvious, but which path of ritualism do I take?

Also, I'm having a hard time figuring out which skills will synergize well with a melee-based swordsman Ritualist. Summoning spirits to deal extra damage in combat seems okay (it's really fun), but I figure he's going to have to be more effective and efficient than that for serious PvE or PvP play. I'm honestly not one for subtlety when I play, so I have a hard time figuring out combos and little tricks- I really prefer a more direct way of fighting.

Any contructive help and input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :afro:

I'd say go Channeling or Communing.

Channeling :

Wailing Weapon - Interrupts foes with each attack. This is so fun, it's like having Choking Gas for your warrior.

Nightmare Weapon - Next attack steals 40some health from foe, 5/1/10.

Splinter Weapon - Next attack deals AOE damage (don't know exact number at 12+).

Communing (imo better)

Blood Song. Spirit attacks and steals 5-17 health (it goes to you AND the spirit, dunno if it's bugged)

Brutal Weapon. +5-13 damage per hit.

Pain. Damaging Spirit

Earthbind - All KD last 3 seconds. Can be useful for hammer wars.

Guided Weapon - attack skills ignore Blindness and cannot be blocked or evaded. Ouch.

Dukan
20-01-2006, 21:11
It's Rt, not Ri. :wink:

Blind Warrior sounds cool. Makes me think of Zatoichi, the Blind Samurai... Japanese TV show.

The Experimentor
21-01-2006, 05:56
I'd say go Channeling or Communing.

Communing (imo better)

Blood Song. Spirit attacks and steals 5-17 health (it goes to you AND the spirit, dunno if it's bugged)

Brutal Weapon. +5-13 damage per hit.

Pain. Damaging Spirit

Earthbind - All KD last 3 seconds. Can be useful for hammer wars.

Guided Weapon - attack skills ignore Blindness and cannot be blocked or evaded. Ouch.

I'm following this track at the moment. I've only gotten 1 skill so far, Disenchantment, but it's great versus those computer teams for its ability to strip enchantments.

Blind Warrior sounds cool. Makes me think of Zatoichi, the Blind Samurai... Japanese TV show.

EXACTLY! :cool: They did a re-make movie and it's very cool. :cool:

The animation they have for the Rt in melee is neat: wide, arcing swings, he's waving around as he does his strokes- he really looks blind.

I was thinking along the same lines, or a blind archer…but is seems the ritualist isn’t going to pack the armor a warrior has that is the big help for him. Thus we need to find some things that will help offset that. I am still contemplating it too.

Also a cool idea. But for armor purposes, I take the extra HP armor. I'm surprised they're only doing that kind of armor now.

Vexed Arcanist
21-01-2006, 08:14
I'll have to go reread Wailing Weapon....Flurry + Wailing Weapon?