PDA

View Full Version : A/W = Critical Striker?

The Experimentor
20-01-2006, 18:11
An Idea for a build. Put together an A/W. Max out a high-damage Warrior weapon Attribute like Axe or Hammer, and combine that with maxed out Assassin Critical Strikes and the skill Critical Eye. Also throw in Deadly Arts and Shadow Arts for extra speed, striking power and the ability to surprise targets (Assassin's Promise, shadow stepping, Way of the Fox).

Do you think it'll work? :undecided: We could have one-hit kills here...

jvxmtg
20-01-2006, 20:47
An Idea for a build. Put together an A/W. Max out a high-damage Warrior weapon Attribute like Axe or Hammer, and combine that with maxed out Assassin Critical Strikes and the skill Critical Eye. Also throw in Deadly Arts and Shadow Arts for extra speed, striking power and the ability to surprise targets (Assassin's Promise, shadow stepping, Way of the Fox).

FYI: Critical hits only allow you to deal the max damage of your weapon. The only reason it's important to deal critical for Assassins is due to the fact that they get energy from it.

One hit kill, no. Potential deadly spike, yes.

Patccmoi
20-01-2006, 20:58

If you want to 'max out' critical strikes and weapon attribute (you honestly can't go below 12 if you go for damage), you won't have much left for Deadly Arts and Shadow Arts you know...

But some combos will this will surely come out. Axes crit quite high, and i can easily see them use for Critical Strikes because you'd have a really high crit rate with something like a maxed Critical Eye.

Purifier
20-01-2006, 21:25
You want some deadly spike throw in Death Blossom to your combo, its Hits for HUGE ammounts, +22 for me and hits twice. Also if the group likes to use enchantments use Golden Phoenix Strike for another heavy hit.

xFallenAngel
21-01-2006, 04:38
Death Blossom is quite evil on unprotected people, yeah.
I currently prefer to go with my
Impale -> Black Mantis Thrust -> Temple Strike -> Twisting Fangs
combo though.
Basically kills the soft professions in one go and puts so many conditions on a surviving target that it'll die anyway(a Bleed, Blind, Cripple, Deep Wound, Daze mix, also known as: You can't run, you can't cast and you can't hit anymore, please die fast so I can kill someone else).