PDA

View Full Version : Color of Assassin skill icons.

Hyoga
22-01-2006, 02:28
Change it? Please?

I'm fine with the magenta. I'm also fine with the purple. I'm just not fine with both of them together.

I think the background to these icons should be more of a smoke gray, or a charcoal color. Something like that. And make the image either the magenta or the purple.

those colors combined are just... too bright... agh... my eyes.

Also, color of Assassin bosses? I do hope it won't just be a different shade of purple... we all know how tough it already is to distinguish between Ranger and Necro bosses...

JeanDeathwish
22-01-2006, 05:08
I dont mind the colours of the skills but I think the boss colour will be confusing (like you said). The icon on the priest of balthazar is gray so the bosses might be gray too... one can only hope... But ritualist boss will be a shade of blue... now we can be totally clueless when we see a boss...

Arkhan The Black
22-01-2006, 05:11
I kinda like it.

Kjentei
22-01-2006, 07:27
I agree! They're good, but magenta and purple are too similar to be able to recognize in just a wink of an eye (which you can do with the other professions as their colors are distinquishable.

Because Ritualist snagged Turquoise/Cyan, and Monk already has a darker blue. Dark/Navy Blue is out of the question for Assassins. Orange wouldn't suit the general personality of Assassins either.

Assassin is kind of Red AND Purple, have you noticed? Maybe ArenaNET has decided that that'd be fine, but if they will change it, then I suggest making it's magenta as dark as possible without making it black.

Bel Ebih
22-01-2006, 09:10
When I saw the skill icons I couldn't help but think that these are simply temporary so people can distiguish the skills during the open Beta. I heard that in the closed Beta most or all of these skills didn't even have actual icons, so I'm guessing most of these were just thrown together for the weekend.

Enosh
22-01-2006, 10:49
hmmm im i the only one who like them?

Longasc
22-01-2006, 11:09
I agree, the red-purple or whatever it is mix has also little contrast. I am pretty sure that a dark/black with red/purple or whatsoever theme with exactly the same icons/symbols would be better visible AND looking better.

I also think of Assassin bosses: Rangers and Necros are already often better do discern by watching their abilities then by their color.

Mesmers and Assassins would be another double.

How about BLACK aura... would that not fit that sinister undertaker (at the moment more of a hunchback, but there is already a thread about that).

cokolwiek
22-01-2006, 16:15
yea, its awfull combination. It would be sweet for black and/or grey background and some pink/purple/verysexycolor to rest. :smiley:

Sic Jake
22-01-2006, 18:34
Frankly I think they should just remove boss colour to begin with. It only hides the great artwork Anet has done for them. Bosses are unique named, and now that we can see in more detail what spells they cast when you target them, it isn't hard to tell which enemy is a boss.

Nequitia Oculte
23-01-2006, 11:32
Only thing I thought of is that it's nice that mesmers aren't the only ones to have purple as skills. As for boss colours, you mean you guys can differentiate between a necro boss and a ranger boss by colour alone?

Cacophony
23-01-2006, 12:15
Well.. If the color of the boss may confuse you then just look at what kind of monster it is and what kind of weapon it may wield. Honestly, you won't see a Mesmer holding Butterfly Daggers or an Assassin holding a Jewled Staff.

Urda
25-01-2006, 13:19
When you see more than 6 conditions poping on your screen and you are about 8 times interrupted in less than 2 seconds and all you can remember is a small dark cloud and a strange sound, it surely was a lvl28 assaboss...
Should be easy to distinguish...

I like the colors btw.

Kyrion Hellcat
26-01-2006, 12:50
As someone else posted, I also think that those are temporal skill icons.