PDA

View Full Version : R/A "Ninja" build

Rudre
22-01-2006, 04:28
I've been experimenting with my assasin, unlocking some various skills, and eventually I tried experimenting with a R/A build focusing on Expertise for evasion skills added with dagger spiking abilities.

Ninja Build: R/A

Attribues:
Expertise: 12
Dagger Mastery: 12
Wilderness Survival: 6

Weapon: Suddering PvP Daggers of Fortitute (Damage +15 while in a stace, which will be often. Armor Penetration +10% (10% chance))

Skills:
Mantis Sting
Fox Fangs
Repeating Strike
Troll Unguent
Escape
Lightning Reflexes
Whirling Defense
Ressurection Signet

The first three skills can be changed at your disgression: they're the main damage dealing part of the ninja. Escape, Lightning Reflexes, and Whirling Defense all give +75% evasion, which is the meat of survivability. Troll Unguent is a decent self heal, but if you have more healing capability on your team, you can consider switching this out for another dagger skill. However, I find myself on my own half the time, so for all general purposes I'd go for the Unguent.

Any opinions on my build? So far it's worked very well; I can negate nearly all physical damage. Mantis Sting is good for when people run, and Repeating Strike adds up very quickly, especially against spellcasters. Any suggestions for improvement maybe?

Masoj Hunett
22-01-2006, 04:39
how do you keep your energy up??

Rudre
22-01-2006, 04:46
Since the evasion bonus skills last for a good amount of time, energy upkeep isn't that much of a problem unless you're spamming dagger skills. But just in case on my second weapon set I keep Zealous PvP Butterfly Daggers of Fortitude, gain 1 engergy per hit. Helps keep your energy up if you start to run low.

Fallen_62
23-01-2006, 04:05
One thing I can think of for energy management would be to take out Escape (though it does hurt the build) and put in Way of the Empty Palm. You lose time covered by a stance, but you gain a lot of energy. Or, like you said, take out TU (if you have a good amount of healing) and Escape, put in Way of the Empty Palm and put in Throw Dirt or Dodge, depending on what kind of teams/enemies you will be facing (Warrior heavy teams vs. Ranger heavy teams, etc).

Just a thought... Not thought out to well, but a thought nonetheless :P

Zero RoGuE
25-01-2006, 01:10
you call it a ninja and yet you dont have an trap in it?i made a R/E ninja before the assassin that main goal is to run up, drop traps then move on quickly..

Dukan
25-01-2006, 08:14
you call it a ninja and yet you dont have an trap in it?i made a R/E ninja before the assassin that main goal is to run up, drop traps then move on quickly..
I'm curious... What benefit would the ele secondary give to that build. Any particular skills that you liked with it?

I played a R/A for a bit this past weekend with 4 dagger skills and Apply Poison. It worked quite well in the random arenas. That and a ranger looks pretty cool running around with a pair of sai. I think I'd like to explore that build further.

Malhavoc Adhamar
25-01-2006, 10:10
I'm curious... What benefit would the ele secondary give to that build. Any particular skills that you liked with it?

I would think Frozen Burst/grasping earth (energy shouldn't be to much of a problem since a trapper should at least have 42 energy) for snaring and Armour of Mist for both extra armour and a speed boost.

This looks like a build I might have to try out once Factions is out. I would probably also sutsitute something for a dual attack just incase I need to perform a finishing move to kill off a target when his mates realise that I'm beating on him.

Zero
25-01-2006, 14:02
One thing I can think of for energy management would be to take out Escape (though it does hurt the build) and put in Way of the Empty Palm. You lose time covered by a stance, but you gain a lot of energy. Or, like you said, take out TU (if you have a good amount of healing) and Escape, put in Way of the Empty Palm and put in Throw Dirt or Dodge, depending on what kind of teams/enemies you will be facing (Warrior heavy teams vs. Ranger heavy teams, etc).

Just a thought... Not thought out to well, but a thought nonetheless :P
I'm pretty sure level 12 expertise (before or afterrunes) and zealosu daggers are more than enough for energy management. They seemed to keep me at pretty much full energy throughout the weekend.

Zero RoGuE
25-01-2006, 21:49
I would think Frozen Burst/grasping earth (energy shouldn't be to much of a problem since a trapper should at least have 42 energy) for snaring and Armour of Mist for both extra armour and a speed boost.

This looks like a build I might have to try out once Factions is out. I would probably also sutsitute something for a dual attack just incase I need to perform a finishing move to kill off a target when his mates realise that I'm beating on him.
you hit the nail on the head...i picked E so i can increase speed, slow down others and the ocational Gaile :grin:

Griffon of Valhalla
26-01-2006, 07:08
Delete please

Kyrion Hellcat
26-01-2006, 13:40
you hit the nail on the head...i picked E so i can increase speed, slow down others and the ocational Gaile :grin:

Summon Gaile

Hex Spell. Gaile appears on the battlefield. During 1-4 minutes everyone will do a conga line. No one can attack nor cast offensive spells or words. Gaile cannot chat (She drives).