PDA

View Full Version : Rt 'BUG' Thread.

lumimantteli
20-01-2006, 14:47
I was playing on european realm, in random arenas, where a fellow ranger droped a Frozen Soil in the Amnoon Arena map. Two of our teammates were dead, so were on the other side. I was just about to ***** to the fellow ranger for the inconvenience of droping that spirit, as I was pummeling with poison arrows a ritualist admist his own spirits. Then it happened. Frozen Soil was up, very near to the center of the map, the enemy Rt was almost touching it. Boom! goes down Flesh of My Flesh and his partymember is ressurected.

Is this a bug?

Enosh
20-01-2006, 18:45
owned rus corps in the tombs with that :D bring 3 ritualist, frozen soil and it's hard to take you down :D theyspiked one, well we still had two rezers.

btw: best rez skil in the game atm :D

tarutaru
20-01-2006, 18:58
yep, confirmed that the skill is bugged, unless it is supposed to do that (doubt it).
so, calling all, calling all... bring three ritualist/monk as healers and a fs caster, using a balanced build, and we have oursleves a new Feature of the Weekend Build for tombs!

I hereby christen this build... "Frozen Flesh"!
There, now let the games begin...

TBMarauder
21-01-2006, 23:44
Squished :) :

www.GuildWars.com:

Fixed a problem with the skill "Flesh of My Flesh" ignoring "Frozen Soil."

Dukan
22-01-2006, 11:26
I've had something odd happening with this spell.

Hold Lingwah's ashes for up to xxx seconds. Dropping her ashes summons a lvl x Spirit of Pain that does xx damage.

On several occasions, the spirit has died immediately after spawning. I've tried it under various conditions and can't seem to find a reason for it. I drop the ashes, the spirit comes to life, then disappears in a puff of smoke. Even if there are no enemies around. Anyone else notice this? Just wondering if it's a bug.

RedHed
22-01-2006, 11:27
i think it just drops and does it´s damage then dissapears.. mb a bug, but if it isn´t it really sucks

Dukan
22-01-2006, 12:17
Ok, I went to the training grounds and played around with it a little more near the Master of Healing. It looks like if you click to drop the ashes too fast after the spell is cast, the spirit doesn't quite "make it."

I was trying Arcane Echo + Lingwah's + Pain to get 3 spirits of pain up quick. Works good, just gotta' give a slight pause after casting Lingwah's before dropping the ashes. Or at least that's what seems to have been causing it to die off right away.

It also looks like the Lingwah/pain spirit has the same duration as the skill "Pain" does... from the time you drop the ashes. It doesn't give a duration in the description of Lingwah's, but I timed it.

Vexed Arcanist
22-01-2006, 13:09
I have used this skill and used this skill and it never works. I even placed the spirit ON TOP OF 2 DEAD ALLIES. It failed when the spirit died. I tried sacrificing the spirit (game term "destroyed") and it failed. What am I doing wrong or not doing right? Shouldn't this spirit activate when it times out (30 seconds) when it is killed or when it is sacrificed?

In any event I removed it from my skill bar after using it on top of my dead allies and letting it die 30 seconds later with a net of no effect.

Vexed Arcanist
22-01-2006, 13:15
Well I wanted some more faction and if I play anything other than a healer type I don't do as well since I never seem to get them on my team when I don't. However kinda running out of steam on the slightly modified pregenerated builds I decided to whip up a Rit/N. I wanted it to basically deal with this weekend's Comp Arena metagame (heavy assassins, heavy conditions).

13 Restoration (Major Rune, not unlocking the Sup)
12 Curses
9 Spawning Power (purely for weapon requirement)

Vengeful Weapon
Weapon of Warding
Soothing Images
Spiteful Spirit
Parasitic Bond
Insidious Parasite
Plague Touch
Res Sig

It does very well, it is a bit goofy and probably could be improved but very effective. Spiteful and Vengeful just chew the attackers up, Insidious can really hasten the demise. Plague Touch to deal with the new Assassin condition spam.

RedHed
22-01-2006, 13:33
cool, gonna try it on my spirit spammer then, i thought the skill really sucked coz it died right away. thx

TBMarauder
22-01-2006, 15:00
Please post any 'bugs', glitches and errors (incl. 'typos') here that you find with the Ritualist skills, spells, binding rituals etc.

Please do not post any complaints, grips and moans here, as they are for other threads; ignore and I'll move or delete them.

Many thanx. :)

tarutaru
22-01-2006, 17:36
okay, i dont know if this is a glitch, bug, or something anet has fixed already, but there seems to be some confusion regarding the ritualist's spirits.

now, the first day the update was online, I noticed that I could spam as many of the same ritual (ex. Pain) and the other incarnations would not die off as with ranger spirits.

yesterday, this no longer worked, but if a party member would cast a spirit that I already had (again, Pain) mine wouldn't be desroyed. But, if i tried duplicate spirits, the previous of mine would die off.

And now today it seems only one spirit name (Pain, Life, Destruction,...) can be out on your team at once.

On Anet's site, there have been no mentions as to fixing the spirit spamming with ritualist, but obviously something's changing. So my question is: is this an isolated incident or are others seeing the same trend?

dkar
22-01-2006, 23:05
Please post any 'bugs', glitches and errors (incl. 'typos') here that you find with the Ritualist skills, spells, binding rituals etc.

Please do not post any complaints, grips and moans here, as they are for other threads; ignore and I'll move or delete them.

Many thanx. :)

Not a bug, but just incorrect description.

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/4754/ritfoutje0xz.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

TBMarauder
22-01-2006, 23:55
Not a bug, but just incorrect description.Noted, and many thanks. :)

Tango
23-01-2006, 08:59
The spell cruel was doshen where you grab his ashes and can drop em for 100ish dmg is bugged.
When you drop the ashes before the time runs out the animation for the damage plays at the end of the acctual time.

ex.
summon ashes for 12 seconds
drop ashes anytime before the 12 and it will do the lightning animation
at 12 the lightning animation will play again.

Lanto
23-01-2006, 09:55
Dunno if its a bug, but it is slightly annoying. When you have a spirit up and your cycling through allies and accidentally target a spirit and hit heal it will cast on him but do nothing. Regardless if the spirit is damaged. Perhaps have it a popup saying an invalid target would be nice rather than wasting energy.

Lun
23-01-2006, 11:26
I don't know if it's a bug but, if it's supposed to do so, why isn't it written in the skill description?

Whenever I hold someone's ashes, I get -15 (!!) energy. This makes nearly all ashes useless because a ritualist does need as much energy as possible. Even when I am holding Vorizun's ashes, that are supposed to give me +20 energy, I get only +5 energy (+20 -15). What silly bug is that? Or are ashes really supposed to give you -15 of max energy reserve?

Taxus Baccata
23-01-2006, 14:14
I don't know if it's a bug but, if it's supposed to do so, why isn't it written in the skill description?

Whenever I hold someone's ashes, I get -15 (!!) energy. This makes nearly all ashes useless because a ritualist does need as much energy as possible. Even when I am holding Vorizun's ashes, that are supposed to give me +20 energy, I get only +5 energy (+20 -15). What silly bug is that? Or are ashes really supposed to give you -15 of max energy reserve?

What you are seeing is that you no longer holding your focus & wand or staff. This means that you have lost the +15 Energy Benefit that your description indicates that you were getting from that and are now getting the Benefit from the Urn instead.

Glory POA
23-01-2006, 16:27
This probably isn't a bug, it's probably a feature, but still..

I played a "Prot-Rit" for the majority of the weekend (and I'm totally in love with the build I might add!) which involved two spirits, some weapon spells (defensive), a couple of heals and an "ashes" skill called Lively Was Naomei.

Now this is a rez skill, which brings all dead party members in the area it is dropped on up with X% health and 0 energy.

The interesting thing is, if you are carrying these ashes when you die, they will also rez you..

.. many teams in CA and TA were amazed to find an apparently finished off group simultaneously pinging up off of the ground.

TBMarauder
23-01-2006, 23:55
Please report any further 'BUG' finds here: BUGS FORUM (http://forums.gwonline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=111) - Many Thanx.