PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Spike Idea

BenRosser787
23-01-2006, 05:08
Ok I realize that the faction event is over, but when the expansion comes out, I think this build might be interesting to try out.

8 Ritualist/Assassins (Core Build, healers and whatnot can be added of course)

Attributes:
(Neccessary Points)

12 + 3 + 1 Communing

Whatever else you want.

Skills:
(Core Skills)
Cruel was Daoshen
Aura of Displacement

Anyway, the idea is very simple. Everyone on the team uses Cruel was Daoshen, then uses Aura of Displacement (Coordinated) on the same target (Preferably while they are still grouped up) and drops all of the ashes at the same time. Boom, massive area of effect spike. Then they just have to cancel Aura to warp out of harms way and regroup. It might be fun to try out when we get a chance, if anyone is willing.

Blaine Derrick
23-01-2006, 05:12
You drop any items you are carrying whenever you teleport.

BenRosser787
23-01-2006, 05:13
Hmmm didn't think of that. Well that pretty much ruins this build. It was fun thinking about it though. (And for once I thought I had actually thought of something new! :embarassed: ) Don't you hate it when that happens?

Ace of Spades
23-01-2006, 06:11
what about using recall on a party member they stay back you cast cruel was daoshen then run up to the people drop the ashes and recall back

recall,cast,run up to, drop, end recall...start over

maybe add in dash for a faster run

BenRosser787
23-01-2006, 13:07
Hmmm thinking along those lines...

Have the ritualists cast recall on, say, a monk, then when within range of the enemy team, they all use shadowform, then dash into the middle of the group, dropping all the ashes and recalling back to the monk. That might be interesting...

Edit: Wow, I just realized that someone already had this idea in that post, "About those wide AOE effects" (I didn't look at it because it didn't sound like a build idea). It really could be interesting.

Too Hot Fo You
23-01-2006, 17:10
lol
yes, much easier even, you cast your ashes, run in and just cancel out recall, as it will make you drop the ashes immediately. ;)