PDA

View Full Version : The Conditioner

Strepto
23-01-2006, 22:07
Here is a build I ran during the weekend... I named it The Conditioner! I can't count how many W/Mo and A/W rushing at me like monkey only to be killed in a few seconds.

Assassin/Mesmer

1 - Black Mantis Thrust (Lead): If this attack hits, you strike for +5-17 damage. If target foe is suffering from a Hex, that foe is Crippled for 3-13 seconds.

2 - Temple Strike -E- (off-Hand): Must follow a lead attack. If this attack hits, target foe is interrupted, Dazed and Blinded for 1-7 second(s). This is an elite skill.

3 - Twisted Fangs (dual): Must follow an off-hand attack. If it hits, Twisting Fangs strikes for +3-9 damage and struck foe suffers from Bleeding and Deep Wound for 5-17 seconds.

4 - Mantis Sting (Lead): If Mantis Sting hits, target foe takes +5-17 damage. If this attack strikes a fleeing foe, that foe is Crippled for 3-13 seconds..

5 - black Lotus Strike (Off-Hand): Must strike a Hexed foe. If it hits, Black Lotus Strike strikes for +1-25 damage and you gain 5-17 Energy.

6 - Fragility: For 8-18 seconds, target foe takes 5-17 damage each time that foe suffers or recovers from a new condition.

7 - Imagined Burden: For 8-18 seconds, target foe moves 50% slower than normal.

8 - rez

This build is about dropping people FAST. no self-heal, no defensive stances...

The idea is simple... Cast fragility on an unsuspecting target, then start with Black Lotus Strike to gain energy, and then 1-2-3. In 3 hits you inflicted 5 conditions (alot of damage due to frag) and did some nice melee damage. Burden is usefull to catch those annoying running monks, eles and mesmers.

I had so much fun running this build (IGN was Test Boy)... can't wait to play it again!:cool:

Lefaras
24-01-2006, 01:42
I think u shall changed imagined burden with exposed defence since u are basically applied crippled twice(not too sure if they stack) but exposed defences is a hex and can bypass the stance and blocking spell to better help ur combo...
Btw, Good build u have there

Strepto
24-01-2006, 14:27
Hi, thanks for the feedback!

I used burden cause I can cast it from a distance, slow the runner down, get in melee range, and condition the hell out of him. I can only cripple when in melee range. The only problem I can see with the build and assassins in general is if your combo gets ''interrupted'' or the first Lead attack misses. That why I put another lead attack in there. If the first on miss you don't have to wait for the skill the recharge. You can still fire the combo with mostly the same results. The only thing I wanted to change but didn't have the time to do so was Black Lotus Strike. It's the only skill in my bar linked to critical attribute. The energy gain is nice (I was also using those zealous sais) but I could probably switch it for an illusion skill or dagger mastery.

Sun is in us
24-01-2006, 18:17
Here is a build I ran during the weekend... I named it The Conditioner! I can't count how many W/Mo and A/W rushing at me like monkey only to be killed in a few seconds.

Assassin/Mesmer

1 - Black Mantis Thrust (Lead): If this attack hits, you strike for +5-17 damage. If target foe is suffering from a Hex, that foe is Crippled for 3-13 seconds.

2 - Temple Strike -E- (off-Hand): Must follow a lead attack. If this attack hits, target foe is interrupted, Dazed and Blinded for 1-7 second(s). This is an elite skill.

3 - Twisted Fangs (dual): Must follow an off-hand attack. If it hits, Twisting Fangs strikes for +3-9 damage and struck foe suffers from Bleeding and Deep Wound for 5-17 seconds.

4 - Mantis Sting (Lead): If Mantis Sting hits, target foe takes +5-17 damage. If this attack strikes a fleeing foe, that foe is Crippled for 3-13 seconds..

5 - black Lotus Strike (Off-Hand): Must strike a Hexed foe. If it hits, Black Lotus Strike strikes for +1-25 damage and you gain 5-17 Energy.

6 - Fragility: For 8-18 seconds, target foe takes 5-17 damage each time that foe suffers or recovers from a new condition.

7 - Imagined Burden: For 8-18 seconds, target foe moves 50% slower than normal.

8 - rez

This build is about dropping people FAST. no self-heal, no defensive stances...

The idea is simple... Cast fragility on an unsuspecting target, then start with Black Lotus Strike to gain energy, and then 1-2-3. In 3 hits you inflicted 5 conditions (alot of damage due to frag) and did some nice melee damage. Burden is usefull to catch those annoying running monks, eles and mesmers.

I had so much fun running this build (IGN was Test Boy)... can't wait to play it again!:cool:

I had a great time with Siphon Speed actually (instead of burden)....the 30% differential helps tremendously and it is somewhat more spammable.

:)

Strepto
24-01-2006, 20:18
I had a great time with Siphon Speed actually (instead of burden)....the 30% differential helps tremendously and it is somewhat more spammable.

:)

Interresting :)

But the problem is that it's in the ''Deadly Arts'' attribute. It would be the only skill in the build for that attribute. And the difference in speed is worst than burden (50% vs 30%). The only thing interresting that I can't answer is if Siphon Speed is stackable. If I cast it on 2 different foe, do I move +30% faster? It would then be quite ''enjoyable'' to slow everyone down by 15% and run +30% or whatever the speedcap is. :shocked:

Strepto
24-01-2006, 20:50
Ok, I looked into the Deadly Arts to see if I can include Siphon speed and another skill to replace the only ''Critical'' skill I have in the build (Black Lotus Strike). So I think I came up with something that could be even deadlier. I took Sun is in us' suggestion about Siphon Speed to replace Burden, and I replaced Black Lotus Strike with Signet of Shadows (Target foe takes 5-29 shadow damage. If your target was Blinded, that foe suffers an additional 15-51 shadow damage.) So the opponent will be blinded from Temple Strike so Signet of Shadows would hit for 20-80 shadow damage. That's nice energy-free damage as a finishing touch! I like that!

So attribute points would be something like
Dagger Mastery 16
Illusion 10-11
Deadly Arts the rest (9 or 10 I think)

Too bad I can't test this right now... Can wait to play The Conditioner again!:cool:

jvxmtg
24-01-2006, 20:59
Nice build, but it seems to be Fragility dependent and your only only degen is Bleeding.

I made an A/N that gives conditions indefinitely

1) Black Mantis Thrust
2) Jungle Strike
3) Death Blossom
4) Parasitic Bond (30 second hex for 5 energy)
5) Virulence (e)
6) Death's Charge
7) Shadow Step
8) Rez Signet

I have no allocation in Curses, maxed (16) Dagger, 9 in Death, 10 in Shadow. I love the additional damage of Jungle Strike vs Crippld Foe. The sequence is to Shadow Step -> hex target -> 1-2-3 -> Virulence, about this time, Shadow Step will bring you back to where you activate it, then Death's Charge in, 1-2-3 to finish the job. Usually after 1-2-3, their health is about below 50%. With Virulence, they start to panic and they give up when you Death's Charge next to them.

During the weekend, I unlocked all runes first :)

MaximumSquid
26-01-2006, 23:00
I was thinking the same thing.

I still play a frag ranger even after the nerf.

I'd get rid of the second crippleing attack though and replace it for Viper's Defense imo.

Baron LaCroix
27-01-2006, 11:15
You know, since you already have Illusion magic for Fragility, it wouldn't be too difficult to throw in everyone's favorite defensive stance for a little defense: Distortion! I'd imagine you'd lose at least 2 energy per whoosh, maybe even 1 if you've bumped Illusion to 12. It's a perfect, low-cost, very effective defensive maneuver, and I'm sure there's something here you could give up for it...

mesmer of zada
28-01-2006, 15:16
I was thinking of a build just like that....but I was going to use Me/A cuz of Mesmer runes
and with a rune that means more damage form Fragility
you can drop poeple even FASTER!!!!!!

Input
05-04-2006, 08:16
assassin/mesmer? hmmm...
well looking at your skills, how would you manage to keep your energy up? i see that you took away black lotus strike, meaning you have no fast energy regeneration. after killing your first enemy, you probably would have to wait a HECKA long time for your energy to return. but maybe if your primary profession was a mesmer, then that would change everything. just saying.

but what can i say, there is no perfect build. i myself am trying to build an assassin/ mesmer but i'm having some problems too.

in all, this build looks pretty good, its just the energy management.

would it really be enough to kill an enemy? about how fast?

Viti Ligo
05-04-2006, 09:18
assassin/mesmer? hmmm...
well looking at your skills, how would you manage to keep your energy up? i see that you took away black lotus strike, meaning you have no fast energy regeneration. after killing your first enemy, you probably would have to wait a HECKA long time for your energy to return. but maybe if your primary profession was a mesmer, then that would change everything. just saying.

but what can i say, there is no perfect build. i myself am trying to build an assassin/ mesmer but i'm having some problems too.

in all, this build looks pretty good, its just the energy management.

would it really be enough to kill an enemy? about how fast?

I have said this earlier at other thread but I think that epidemic would do nice effect at the end of the combo... all the other foe nearby would be infected with all of those conditions... why apply conditions only one enemy, when it's easy enough to spread them all over....