PDA

View Full Version : The 2 assasins weaknesses

kagie
28-01-2006, 15:26
I love the new characters but the assasins have a few down- points
1.empathy(2 weapons)
2.if you distract a combo(lead atack,off hand,etc...)ya need to wait for the recharge.

any comments or counter startegys woud be usefull.

The Experimentor
28-01-2006, 16:52
Not just Empathy. We're talking everything that kills attacks/Warriors: Spirit Shackles, Spirit of Failure, Insidious Parasite, Price of Failure, Pacifism, etc. Not to mention stuff that gives conditions, like Blindness.

While the conditions can be gotten rid off via Signet of Malice, the other stuff we may have to rely on our secondaries to get rid off.

The only counter strategy I can immediately suggest is playing smart and sneaky. Staying out of a foe's attention (and letting him attack your party members instead) and striking when that person is unprepared for you is our best bet- we're Assassins after all.

Lefaras
28-01-2006, 18:16
Unlike warrior who can only relied on regular atacks to do dmg, an assasin can use other form of attacks like spells, hexes etc etc due to their slightly larger energy pool and a more diverse skillset.

For that, i think it wouldn't be long that such hexes will lost it threat on assasin.

Kjentei
29-01-2006, 14:27
This is correct, not just Empathy though.

All the hexes that used to work well on Warriors, now work brilliantly on Assassins.

Ekrin
30-01-2006, 01:49
I found Spiteful Spirit to be as annoying as hell during the beta....dont want to think about that with clumsiness and empathy....

Zaxares
30-01-2006, 02:12
Spiteful Spirit + Insidious Parasite + Parasitic Bond is my favorite anti-warrior combo, and it works quite well on assassins too. If you are a N/Me, chuck in Empathy in there as well. No assassin in his right mind will continue attacking you with all that on. :wink:

Ekrin
30-01-2006, 02:16
Spiteful Spirit + Insidious Parasite + Parasitic Bond is my favorite anti-warrior combo, and it works quite well on assassins too. If you are a N/Me, chuck in Empathy in there as well. No assassin in his right mind will continue attacking you with all that on. :wink:
I never really had i right mind. I just try to kill them before the hexs kill me! works sometimes....hence the reason i play in the RA more than the TA.

Necromas
30-01-2006, 05:42
Spiteful Spirit + Insidious Parasite + Parasitic Bond is my favorite anti-warrior combo...

Don't forget enfeeble, weakness = 66% less damage with weapons.

-Assassins attack faster so anti-warrior hexes are more effective

-Assassins rely heavily on combos so if you make one attack miss it can really screw them up

-Assassins rely on energy for all their attacks, not adrenaline, so they can easily fall victem to energy denial.

-With some attacks, assassins require the enemy to be hexed to make the attack, or to make the attack more effective, so a simple hex removal can break their combo.

-Assassins only have 70 base armor, barely more then casters get, so they can be injured very easily compared to a warrior (100 vs physical, usually) or ranger (100 vs elemental, usually).

The Experimentor
30-01-2006, 07:10
For PvP, we can either:

a) Put together a build designed to counter all this, but sacrificing offensive power, or

b) Play it cool regardless of your specific build, letting your team take the hits from you then striking when your foe cannot.

For PvE, it's much simpler. Monsters either don't have enough skills to be real threats, don't have the right skills to combo them all together to take you out, don't play their skills as dangerously as a human player would, or are simply incapable of stopping you from taking them out before they do such to you.

Regardless, smart and sneaky is the key.

Sai
30-01-2006, 07:14
-Assassins rely on energy for all their attacks, not adrenaline, so they can easily fall victem to energy denial.

sympathetic visage and soothing images strip adrenaline entirely or simply stops them from gaining it.

Paul Pluto
30-01-2006, 12:12
assasains seem to have faaaaaaaaar to many obvious weaknesses and not any obvious strengths appart from being annoying lol :undecided:

kagie
30-01-2006, 13:20
assasains seem to have faaaaaaaaar to many obvious weaknesses and not any obvious strengths appart from being annoying lol :undecided:

that's why i'm doubting to take a assasin.the dmg he deals is not to great ,easy interupts and not that good life spells.
lets go post something on the ritualist forum :tongue:

Siru
30-01-2006, 16:09
If you have a weakness, make it as your weapon. Works every time for me :hide:

Ekrin
31-01-2006, 00:22
Atcually an assassins damage output can far exceed a warrior with the right combos

that's why i'm doubting to take a assasin.the dmg he deals is not to great ,easy interupts and not that good life spells.
What is stopping him/her from a healing secondary?

CHIPS
31-01-2006, 01:39
Well, those weaknesses applies to any melee and arrow class. So it is not just the assasin. For example, empathy works very well on a Frenzy warrior too.

Assasin also relies on energy like mages, so it will indeed suffers from energy denial. But who doesn't? If you energy deny a warrior, and he happens to use energy here and there, you will hurt him a lot too.

And assasin does have weaker armor than warrior and rangers. But it have the best armor for a mage class. It offers 70 armor, with no weaknesses such as reduced energy regen nor extra damage from holy damage. So if one wants, he can play assasins as high armor mages.

So those are assasin counters. But that does not mean much. Those counters have always existed. So their existence does not make assasin weak. If we try to argue that assasins are weak, then we can also argue that the current existing warriors, rangers, and mages are all weak. They all suffer from hexes, like empathy, and energy denial.

Assasin have many cool abilities like teleport. And assasin 's condition causing ability is the best in the whole game. That alone will make them very useful.

trafalgar-zero
31-01-2006, 01:53
First off, the Mesmer will always have a counter, It's just the way they are made. That's why i love them. (Me/W)
Ok back to assassins. After looking through the skill set it seems the assassin is made for attacking quick for large damage then getting away. Assassins second best quality is escaping, even better then the ranger. They have a few AoE condition skills. I did play one over beta. The combo Sins can lay down a five skill combo, but then not do much else until their skills are charged. I haven't really sat down to devise a build for an assassin, but if the skills remain the same i may change from a Me/W to an Me/A. (sorry not going main Sin since the gimpy walk they do isn't my style.)

Viri
05-02-2006, 18:32
The only problem i see is assasin's combos. It will be hard to execute whole combo in 8vs8 fights where you have at least 2 monks. Simple guardian is a great skill to disable any assasin's combo (not to mention weapon of warding :/ which is even better because you cant removie it). Assasins will rule on small arenas with some nice skills like temple strike and twisting fangs and few others. While assasins have good damage over time (maybe even batter than warriors - only on caster classes) they're not very good against at least 1 prot monk with guardian/aegis etc. but we'll have to try different builds anyway.

Icy Spicy
05-02-2006, 19:10
drain his energy, every attack cost energy, no energy = almost no damage...

Rhayve
05-02-2006, 23:02
Well, but if all the mesmers and /Me's or whatever concentrate on depleting an Assassin's Energy, the mages and healers of the enemy party can go crazy, so I doubt Assassin's will be main target of Energy Draining (besides, people seem to start underestimating Assassin's now, that's exactly what we need: No attention to get our combo's off)

Siru
06-02-2006, 01:26
Well, but if all the mesmers and /Me's or whatever concentrate on depleting an Assassin's Energy, the mages and healers of the enemy party can go crazy, so I doubt Assassin's will be main target of Energy Draining (besides, people seem to start underestimating Assassin's now, that's exactly what we need: No attention to get our combo's off)
And now we just have to shut our mouths and keep quiet until they notice us :shhh:

Chaos Deity
06-02-2006, 06:18
well said, gentlemen, well said. *zips lips and slinks to corner to obsevre future prey*

Chaos Deity
06-02-2006, 06:18
and plot thier demise, now that i think about it. ^_^ lol

lord of Bones
06-02-2006, 20:07
While assassins depend on landing their hits to get combos in, and this can be considered a weakness, the assassin also has been gifted with more dodge/evade bypassing skills than any 2 other classes in the game. So is this a weakness, or a non issue? And everyone is freaking out about not being able to string together their attack chains, but no one contemplates how easy it is to set up combos by bringing 2 lead attacks, or fast recharging lead attacks.

Also, considering the metagame currently consists of mainly ranger or warrior spec'd teams, assassins are no worse off than rangers as far as incoming damage. And nobody is calling Rangers gimped.

Telkandore
11-02-2006, 02:04
Spirit Shackles > Any kind of Assassin

Ekrin
11-02-2006, 09:25
Spirit Shackles > Any kind of Assassin
Thats why you take an anti-hex spell ^-^

lord of Bones
11-02-2006, 09:31
Spirit shackles > Any type of ranger

Who cares. As said, bring a hex removal or count on your teamates to have your back. Besides, I saw several A/W or W/A over the BWE using axes and swords, and thus adrenal skills. Spirit shackles doesn't do spit to adrenaline.

Siru
11-02-2006, 11:13
assassins depend on landing their hits to get combos in, and this can be considered a weakness
(LoB: Quote is only to bring the topic in my post, not to point anything else)

Here's a word about the "weakness" - how much warrior has to run and rage before he has built up the adrenaline to "pull off a combo" and how much more to do it again?

:unimpressed:

Kjentei
11-02-2006, 12:46
I have a feeling that Hex Breaker will be a popular skill used by Assassins. A/Me are going to rock! :laugh:

Darl Brigham
11-02-2006, 16:41
While the assassins spikechains might be easy to counter, one forgets what else the assassin has to offer. I dont think the assassins in the long run will be heavy spikers, but instead they will focus on other important battlefield roles, like flagging/relic running, makeing life a pain for the monks (can noone be nice to us? *sobs*) and so on. In TA/CA we will most likley see a lot of spikeassassins thought.

Tralus
11-02-2006, 16:52
Here's a word about the "weakness" - how much warrior has to run and rage before he has built up the adrenaline to "pull off a combo" and how much more to do it again?

:unimpressed:

Warriors don't lose all adrenaline if they miss a blow.

Assassins have all the problems of warrior hate and the survivability of casters. They are incapable of spiking, and DPS is heavily dependant on skill chains.

What is their biggest weakness?

People play them like they play warriors.

lord of Bones
11-02-2006, 18:30
sins are quite capable of spiking. People just haven't figured out how to do it most effectively yet.

JeanDeathwish
11-02-2006, 18:54
The thing about the assassin is that armor doesnt effect it as much as it does the warrior. Why? The way damage is calculated it the bonus damage is applied after the armor has its effect. So with the assassin letting of lots of attacks with usually lots of +damage the foes armor level will only help them vs the 7-17 and even if they have 150 armor they will be taking a lot of damage. Also, that being said, if you counter their attack skills they are pretty much useless... (if they are based off dagger mastery that is)

And considering the Energy Denial counter... Most of the assassins attacks cost 5 energy (some 10) and if you ever played an e-denial mes you know that with 4 pips of energy regen it wont take long for a monk to get back some energy and cast a 5 energy spell. Also the assassins have Critical Strikes so they will easily get to 5 energy in no time.

MaximumSquid
11-02-2006, 19:37
I'm honestly not worried about being hexed any more as an Assassin than I am with any other class.

When you can take someone for 3/4th of their health in 3 attacks i'm probably not going to hold back even when I do have empathy on myself.

Being blind won't even hold an assassin back. I've already seen a number of builds that bypass defenses on every attack.

If you want to know the real deathblow to an assassin it will be knockdowns, and cripples.

children of the sea
14-02-2006, 05:40
as assains sit they are pretty worthless as spikers.hopefully anet made it harder to interupt the attack chains.but their dmg isnt that spectacular with my warrior i can do 50-80 per swing against a caster with an axe.with a hammer warrior with adren built up i dropped a castor in under 4 seconds.the assasain has too many counters to be effective,currently with all the iway counters i think assasins wont get very far in pvp.so the end result is a low armored mellee that can barely exceed a warriors dmg if they can complete the attack chain.

Zero RoGuE
14-02-2006, 07:59
People keep Not realizeing the Point of the assassin, Its to jump in, deal your damage, and jump out..

Lefaras
14-02-2006, 08:15
People keep Not realizeing the Point of the assassin, Its to jump in, deal your damage, and jump out..
and to inflicit conditions and throw hexes....

Kjentei
14-02-2006, 09:58
Assassins will be quite useful for dashing in (not by themselves), inflicting their desired combination of dagger attacks, then retreating a bit, again and again. As when they are just attacking and attacking, they are quite vulnerable.

lumimantteli
15-02-2006, 15:18

This has one true weakness, at least in the RA. There are plenty of snares there, be they warriors and rangers with crippling, eles with kd (gale ^^, works even on warriors) and water hexes and the all-mighty mesmers with "you know what he has in his sleeve". And as I have said before, if the assasin is lurking somewhere nearby, people will keep an eye on him, because of his ability to be really annoying pain in the *** ^^. I can see that only the weak and ill-prepared will fall victim to the assasin. And to tell the truth, that sounds like a assasin to me, to strike those that are weak to them.

The Experimentor
15-02-2006, 16:07

and to inflicit conditions and throw hexes....

or to attack those who cannot defend themselves, because they're busy doing something else or cannot turn their attention to the assassin...

or to attack people from behind (backstab them- you actaully do higher damage that way)...

The Experimentor
15-02-2006, 16:18
This has one true weakness, at least in the RA. There are plenty of snares there, be they warriors and rangers with crippling, eles with kd (gale ^^, works even on warriors) and water hexes and the all-mighty mesmers with "you know what he has in his sleeve". And as I have said before, if the assasin is lurking somewhere nearby, people will keep an eye on him, because of his ability to be really annoying pain in the *** ^^. I can see that only the weak and ill-prepared will fall victim to the assasin. And to tell the truth, that sounds like a assasin to me, to strike those that are weak to them.

Let the Warrior go in first. It's his job to tank, after all. And even against veteran players, they'd rather target someone immediately than let the opposing team (you) take the initiative.

Or, as I did in the RA during the PvP Weekend, for the Krytan (?) arena (the one with the "back door" swamp), let your team go ahead the direct route, and sneak the long way around back (but move as fast as you can). By the time you get to the battle, both your team and the opposing team will be engaged in combat, but probably no one will have died yet. You'll end up at the opposing team's rear, and given that monks and the like stay at the back, such soft targets will thus be closest to you. Jump in and attack them from behind, dealing your spike damage quickly. Things will quickly go in your team's favor from there... :wink:

As far as the spike damage of the 'sin is concerned: what usually takes an entire team to do by focusing on a single target, an assassin can take out quickly on his own. Even tanks are no match (not kidding, not an exaggeration).

Siru
16-02-2006, 00:24
And as I have said before, if the assasin is lurking somewhere nearby, people will keep an eye on him, because of his ability to be really annoying pain in the *** ^^. I can see that only the weak and ill-prepared will fall victim to the assasin. And to tell the truth, that sounds like a assasin to me, to strike those that are weak to them.
People keep eye on him? Sure.. Look at the assassin and run away from two angry axe warriors and dodge meteor showers on the way. Sounds good plan :laughing:
But seriously speaking: it's assassins job to find his prey and keep "low profile" until it's the time, so you are right :grin:

as assains sit they are pretty worthless as spikers.hopefully anet made it harder to interupt the attack chains.but their dmg isnt that spectacular with my warrior i can do 50-80 per swing against a caster with an axe.with a hammer warrior with adren built up i dropped a castor in under 4 seconds.the assasain has too many counters to be effective,currently with all the iway counters i think assasins wont get very far in pvp.so the end result is a low armored mellee that can barely exceed a warriors dmg if they can complete the attack chain.
I would like to show you few friendly pointers:

hopefully anet made it harder to interupt the attack chains:
- 1. use shorter combos (2-3 or maybe 4)
- 2. you do not need to dish out all your attacks at once; you have (don't remember the exact count) 3-5 sec time to throw your next attack in the comboline (as long as there is the "attack type" symbol on your enemies statusbar).

with a hammer warrior with adren built up i dropped a castor in under 4 seconds:
As assassin, you do not have to build up adrenaline - you just go to bend him/her when it is the time. This doesn't need further explanations I think.

with all the iway counters i think assasins wont get very far in pvp:
This is just my opinion but there's lots of arsenal that assassin can throw in that will make many players crying (not literally in all cases:wink:) cause those "old-school methods" won't be bitting assassins legs or bottoms, so I wouldn't be saying they won't get far.

So, why I say something like this? I played most of the weekend with assassin and I can see a bright future ahead of 'em. I don't think they are overpowered or weak, from my point of view they are deadly as any other damage dealer. Assassin will become strong part of PvP definitely. There will be lots of 8vs8 builds actively using few A-skills that I fear. I know they will make many players life a hell until someone comes up with the proper counters (I haven't even figured all of 'em out myself yet):laughing:

PS. This is not a praise to "allmightykickbottomassassinftw" if someone thinks so after reading this - just a point of view

lumimantteli
16-02-2006, 10:19
So, why I say something like this? I played most of the weekend with assassin and I can see a bright future ahead of 'em. I don't think they are overpowered or weak, from my point of view they are deadly as any other damage dealer. Assassin will become strong part of PvP definitely. There will be lots of 8vs8 builds actively using few A-skills that I fear. I know they will make many players life a hell until someone comes up with the proper counters (I haven't even figured all of 'em out myself yet):laughing:

Yes my brother. I can see the overpopulated Assassin future ahead of us too. The bright part of it is that the few Assassin skills worth of taking with your secondary will greatly benefit you with low attributes on them, or even some non-attribute skills! Simply said, the Assassins best part could be found from R/A, W/A (!!!!!) and Me/A. This last mesmer/assassin will be so hideous that if I won't own factions yet when it comes, and I will see one, I will go and leave PvP altogether. It would be such a nuisance.

The point is, that the gangy walk is easily seen from far away. And also it is easier to hide your ture build as an Assassin if it is behind a primary class. It is like with all the trappers and IW mesmers. If they hide their weapons and play the first few secs like some other, like degen mesmer or interrupt ranger, they will be far more successful when not showing their right build.

When the time comes, the IW mesmer will take out his/hers sword, cripple the guy that didn't notice him and whack him away. Same goes with trappers and touchie rangers, if they hold their staff out they will be surely avoided and kept at bay. No serious player will do the stupid thing and go heads-on against a touchie necro without a support from his mates, or will rush to 6+ traps around the trapper.

Why would a A/x be then left alone to look what he can do and choose his target in peace? We never forget about trappers running between fights, or touchie rangers and IW mesmers rending even the stout Warriors in pieces.

True, the Assassin is a ganger by his heart. But the best counter to Assassin counters would be not showing your strengths... Until the time is right.

kate sullivan
18-02-2006, 13:22
counter for evades for the assassins are easy they have skills that make them crit thru anything... they also ahve an increased chance of hitting due to critical hits and to top it all off just use some of their no evade/block atatcks or skills which stop block/evade that easy i cant believe u guys didnt ever think of it... thatshwta my assassin used during the event just plain old instant crits and no block/evade spells ahhh so much fun knowing y my assassin was so much better than the noob firstimmers... u know theres counters for everything! the assassins wouldnt be left too vulnerable... in the hands of an experienced player the assassin could even be better than a warrior...

kate sullivan
18-02-2006, 14:06
also assassins armour is unique it adds resistance to conditions and it makes the conditions last a shorter time

lumimantteli
18-02-2006, 14:43
counter for evades for the assassins are easy they have skills that make them crit thru anything... they also ahve an increased chance of hitting due to critical hits and to top it all off just use some of their no evade/block atatcks or skills which stop block/evade that easy i cant believe u guys didnt ever think of it... thatshwta my assassin used during the event just plain old instant crits and no block/evade spells ahhh so much fun knowing y my assassin was so much better than the noob firstimmers... u know theres counters for everything! the assassins wouldnt be left too vulnerable... in the hands of an experienced player the assassin could even be better than a warrior...

Balanced Stance keeps your Assassin from getting any of his crits in, you know. Stefan ftw :laugh:

kate sullivan
18-02-2006, 17:43
Balanced Stance keeps your Assassin from getting any of his crits in, you know. Stefan ftw :laugh:
yes but what about instant crit atatcks would it prevent those...

MaximumSquid
18-02-2006, 18:53
I'm just curious?

People are so worried that the assassins combos are going to be broken, but honestly. . .

How often does a hammer warriors 4 - 6 hit combo get stopped? It's like the same thing, and you practically need every hit to count for it to work.

It's extremely rare, but i've seen some Rangers and Memsers pick up on this phenomonon.

Ranger spots a hammer warrior using devastating on a monk. . . immediatly does savage shot / distracting / punishing, etc.

Same thing for a mesmer. . . Monk eats the asphalt, mesmer blackout's the hammer warrior.

Why doesn't it happen more? There just isn't time. . .or the players are too distracted to notice that the monk is suddenly getting wtf-pwned.

Will people become more keen when there are assassins around? Perhaps, but I don't think much is going to change. Someone on your team is still going to get railed in under 3 seconds.

scars of insanity
18-02-2006, 21:12
Heres some fun i did during the preview.
A/N

Shadow Step
Rigor Mortis
Combo Move
Combo Move
Combo Move
Combo Move
Healing Skill
Rez signet

Shadow Step in Rigor Mortis target. Do ur combo. Shadow step ends and u go back and heal. then Repeat.

The Experimentor
19-02-2006, 14:40
Will people become more keen when there are assassins around? Perhaps, but I don't think much is going to change. Someone on your team is still going to get railed in under 3 seconds.

Only if the assassin is a competent one, but I agree.

For that matter, people are going to be keen if the assassin goes in ahead of his team and/or alone like a bloodthirsty, hulking tank. Then the assassin gets ganked.

Mark my words, it will happen. Team work, guile and patience is going to be necessary for assassins to work well.

The Experimentor
19-02-2006, 14:47
A/N

Shadow Step
Rigor Mortis
Combo Move
Combo Move
Combo Move
Combo Move
Healing Skill
Rez signet

Shadow Step in Rigor Mortis target. Do ur combo. Shadow step ends and u go back and heal. then Repeat.

What combo did you use? The combo is very important.

I was going to say that your Rigor Mortis is not necessary with Assassin Expose Defense, but nevermind. :wink: RM > ED. Anyway, that's brilliant and evil. It'll also support your PUG's offensive, as ED stops the target from blocking/evading only you while RM stops him from blocking/evading anyone.

Might I suggest Parasitic Bond as your healing skill? It's cheap to cast (5), spammable, does damage (nevermind that it's tiny Health degen) and rewards you for killing a target fast.

lumimantteli
19-02-2006, 21:44
A/N

Shadow Step
Rigor Mortis
Combo Move
Combo Move
Combo Move
Combo Move
Healing Skill
Rez signet

:laughing: try that on my trapper Ranger and you will be running away and screaming "Eeeeek kill that ranger, kill him!! kill him!!!!"

Rigor Mortis is a good skill against any one, but you can't place it on Ranger because of his ability to distract/interrupt it. After that you will lose your ability on placing your combos on me as I stack multible conditions on you, as you shadow step away I'll trap your shadow step place and wait you to come back -> owned. :laugh:

R > A

Siru
19-02-2006, 22:28
:laughing: try that on my trapper Ranger and you will be running away and screaming "Eeeeek kill that ranger, kill him!! kill him!!!!"

Rigor Mortis is a good skill against any one, but you can't place it on Ranger because of his ability to distract/interrupt it. After that you will lose your ability on placing your combos on me as I stack multible conditions on you, as you shadow step away I'll trap your shadow step place and wait you to come back -> owned. :laugh:

R > A
..Dear brother, try to remember the thing: what are the situations when you are watching the assassin with your ranger(?).

Nothing more to add.

Ekrin
20-02-2006, 00:14

R > A
You forget the monks, and other anti condition possibilitys
R=A=Mo=W=E=Me=Ri=N
:P

lumimantteli
20-02-2006, 07:56
..Dear brother, try to remember the thing: what are the situations when you are watching the assassin with your ranger(?).

Nothing more to add.

I can't believe that you are saying this again! And I can't believe that I am replying to this, but I do watchout for my enemies. Especially my chosen prey.

You forget the monks, and other anti condition possibilitys
R=A=Mo=W=E=Me=Ri=N
:P

Yes this is the point that makes GW so wonderful. Competent Assassin is dependant of his/hers Monk ally.

Though majority of Assassins out there are not competent, they are well beyond Monks heal range. After few weeks of GW:F this will change ofcourse. There is no "Whoa! 'sins rock!!" effect in the air after that.

First thing to tell you all. I have always.. Always a trap in my feet when I play my ranger. Any Assassin that attacks me then is a fool. Assassins don't have any ability to get away from that fact. They rely on melee, even if they could wand me, it doesn't change a thing. When Assassin is solely attacking me, he is on the losing side, he just can't win with tons of conditions on him.

When the Assassin starts to shadow step, well that is the point when he recovers from attacks made by warriors and elementalists. These two have little to no ability to harm a retreating (shadow stepping) Assassin. But Rangers, Mesmers and Necros are still very capable on eating the Assassin away. Full retreat, well yes it will work, but more time for the casters to load up energy and rangers to plant tons of traps for next time the Assassin is coming back.

You see? The breather doesn't work. Unless there are two Assassins working in tandem. Now that, if seen as well cordinated pattern, would be "Whoa! Awsome!"

Siru
20-02-2006, 11:26
I can't believe that you are saying this again! And I can't believe that I am replying to this, but I do watchout for my enemies. Especially my chosen prey.
Belive or not but I'll continue this with you :wink: Do you think that preying enemy assassin is your role in the team? I would assume you will have something more "important" to do too than just try to hunt those down. As I see, It'll be your weakness and in the end.. demise.

So we'll be talking about this thing off next time we see.. again :laughing:

Tralus
20-02-2006, 15:32
How cute! People trying to one up one another!

Ok, I can play too!

2 Axe Gale warriors pound on you, while the team monks keep them clean of conditions and hexes, while the team mesmers perform e-denial!

Oh look everyone trying to "solo" something has died! What a shame... :embarassed:

Seriously, saying that "zOMG my l33t asasin can sol0 j00!" is pretty pointless, you know team mechanics and all that.

Oh and a small tip, if your playing a trap ranger in competitive PvP, you do not trap defensively, you trap offensively by going after targets and playing disruption. For the love of jove, don't be another one of those "kk ill trapz herez and l3t t3m c0m3 f0r uz!!!"

lumimantteli
21-02-2006, 09:37
"kk ill trapz herez and l3t t3m c0m3 f0r uz!!!"

I'm kinda happy that when I was your age, I never learned that language, even when I played CS...

But I must say that I am sorry. This isn't an assault on anyone, or maybe just on anything.

Yes, Gale is the fom today, we see it in every place we can PvP. And it works!

But who can say that Assassin can survive with no other defencive skill than Shadow Step? I may be living most of time time in 4v4 games and that is why my view of things seems so.. different than Siru's and some others. It is silly of me to drag this thread down with obsessive rants. I'll be depating of these things with you Siru later.

The Experimentor
21-02-2006, 10:56
But who can say that Assassin can survive with no other defencive skill than Shadow Step?

No one's saying that. But I bet at least someone can with the right build- though it's not me. :wink:

I intend to pack at least 2 defensive skills in my A/?'s bar: Shadow Refuge + Critical Defenses or Flashing Blades. Maybe even Purge Signet or Remove Hex if I go A/Mo.

kate sullivan
24-02-2006, 23:46
omgz my assassin can counter all those things u said... unlike other ppl i knew that weakness and have therefore in my spare time made a build that could kill fast and counter nearly everything u could throw at me
u just gotta use ur brain
theers a counter for everything