PDA

View Full Version : Lead Attack and Off-hand

Fenix Aurion
31-01-2006, 00:11
I am planning on making an A/W that uses a sword. I'm just wondering if my assassin can still use lead attack and off-hand even though he uses a sword. Can I use Unsespecting Strike and then Black Lotus strike still?

Fallen_62
31-01-2006, 01:14
My guess is no, since you dont ahve a weapon in your off hand to attack with. I could be wrong, though... Anyone try it in the PvP weekend?

ubernesss
31-01-2006, 06:52
i would assume no, because of the same reason u cant use sword mastery skills with a hammer

roguebanshee
31-01-2006, 19:12
I am planning on making an A/W that uses a sword. I'm just wondering if my assassin can still use lead attack and off-hand even though he uses a sword. Can I use Unsespecting Strike and then Black Lotus strike still?
No, I tried during the event and the Dagger skills were greyed out the same way a Sword skill is greyed out if you're not wielding a sword. The symbol displayed was dual sai instead of a sword of course.

Necromas
31-01-2006, 22:18

Technically, every attack is a lead attack, unless you use an attack skill that says it is an off hand attack, or double strike. Or if you succeed on your random chance to doubel srike when using daggers.

Since all off hand attack skills require you to be using a dagger you cannot perform off hand attacks with a sword.

I confirmed both of these facts during the PvP event, by attacking a dummy and seeing if my off hand attack followers ever lit up, and seeing if my double strike followers ever lit up, and the double strike followers did light up when it showed the double strike animation when performing a regular attack, but not once did the off hand attack skills light up.

And for the skills, it clearly states that you only get the chance to double strike when using a pair of daggers, and all assassin attack skills are grayed out when you have anything but daggers equipped.

Necromas
31-01-2006, 23:58
Technically, every attack is a normal attack, unless you use an attack skill that says it is an off hand attack, or double strike. Or if you succeed on your random chance to doubel srike when using daggers.

Fixed, lead attacks only happen with skills that say they count as lead attacks.