PDA

View Full Version : Grenths Assassin

Necromas
31-01-2006, 23:03
Assassin/Mesmer

Shadow Form {Elite}: For 5-17 seconds, all hostile spells that target you fail and all attacks against you miss. When Shadow Form ends, lose all but 5-41 health.

Arcane Mimicry: For 20 seconds, Arcane Mimicry becomes the elite spell from target other ally.

OR

Necromacer/Mesmer

Grenths Balance {Elite}: If target foe has more health than you, you gain half the difference (up to your maximum health), and that foe loses an equal amount. This is an elite skill.

Arcane Mimicry: For 20 seconds, Arcane Mimicry becomes the elite spell from target other ally.

The main focus of this build is to use an allied Assassin or Necromancer, and Arcane Mimicry to obtain the elites grenths balance and shadow form.

Using 1 elite skill slot and 1 other skill slot, without needing to have points in any attributes, you can steal half the opponenets hp. Plus, depending on how many points you have in Shadow Arts, you get invulnerability for 5-17(~21 with 16 shadow arts) seconds.

Toner
03-02-2006, 11:25
Problem is, the heath loss is at the END of Shadow Form, leaving you possibly open to interrupts / spiking before letting off Grenths Balance.
If too early, you would gain little / loose health.
Too late, and you're dead before you can let GB off on someone.
Tough timing, but possible i suppose :-)

MaximumSquid
07-02-2006, 06:35
I like the combo, but Arcane Mimicry 99/100 not worth it.

I say this since the skill costs 15 to Yank a skill off a teamate who may not be near you / alive / etc.

Even if the combo is masterful, like the one your suggesting, you can still only put it off once every minute and a half. 90 seconds in GW is longer than most matches. Either you combo owns the other team or your SOL.

I'd almost garentee you can be more affective running something in place of minicry.