PDA

View Full Version : What I fear from the assassin class

littlenec
01-02-2006, 14:41
I can just see a new spike class..not a tank and not taking damage...step in 50+ damage with some mods like poison or blindness...run away instantantly.
over and over...HOW WILL ANET fix this.

the way they attempt to fix everything with a 2 minute change
mesmer spells. EVERY DAMN MOB WILL have them..

AHHHHHHHHH there will be no area without them stacked everywhere...
oh wait thats now lol
but you wait this game will be nothing but mes throwing mobs every map.

man I hope they spend $100 and try to design first and NOT HAVE TO FIX LATER.

little

Erasculio
01-02-2006, 15:16
I can just see a new spike class..not a tank and not taking damage...step in 50+ damage with some mods like poison or blindness...run away instantantly.
over and over...HOW WILL ANET fix this.
Have you even played as an Assassin in the PvP event? There are different topics here (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=384061) talking about how easy it is to counter an assassin (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=383230). And that applies both in PvE as in PvP as well.

the way they attempt to fix everything with a 2 minute change
mesmer spells. EVERY DAMN MOB WILL have them..
First, that barely makes sense. Second, assuming you're talking about PvE, there's no mob that is seen everywhere. Even the damned Devourers are not found in many places, and they have different skills from one area to the other.

AHHHHHHHHH there will be no area without them stacked everywhere...
oh wait thats now lol
but you wait this game will be nothing but mes throwing mobs every map.

Where did you find bunch of Mesmers stacked? The only kind of Mesmer enemy that you will find in a few places stacked in group is the Riders, be it Storm Riders or other things like that.

man I hope they spend $100 and try to design first and NOT HAVE TO FIX LATER.
I would hope players play first and NOT COME WHINE TOO SOON.

Erasculio

littlenec
01-02-2006, 15:45
I did not say mesmer mob. I said mesmer spells.
It is getting more prevelent that more and more
caster mobs in pve have some sort of mesmer spell.

Hey when I tried ascension during the pvp free weekend
my dopple was hitting me with mesmer spells
AND I WASN'T in any way shape or form a mesmer.
They blamed this on the free weekend code screwing up.
I don't know about now.

my point is the quickest way to shut down a spiker like this
is with mesmer spells. So my belief is the easiest way to fix this
will be the cheap and dirty way...just add more slow down, drain
spells on the mobs.

little

Siru
01-02-2006, 16:12
I wouldn't put my money on mesmer stuff running wild everywhere cause there is other ways.

Btw: isn't this discussion going on somewhere else atm :huh: ..Too lazy to search it up.

EDIT: Oh! I forgot to say this too for a quick reminder - There is 6 classes in this game atm so it would be natural to expect 1 of 6 enemies to be a mesmer.

Sai
01-02-2006, 16:32
I did not say mesmer mob. I said mesmer spells.
It is getting more prevelent that more and more
caster mobs in pve have some sort of mesmer spell.

only mesmers have mesmer skills....mobs in pve dont multi-class.

Hey when I tried ascension during the pvp free weekend
my dopple was hitting me with mesmer spells
AND I WASN'T in any way shape or form a mesmer.
They blamed this on the free weekend code screwing up.
I don't know about now.

what has this got to do with assassins?

my point is the quickest way to shut down a spiker like this
is with mesmer spells. So my belief is the easiest way to fix this
will be the cheap and dirty way...just add more slow down, drain
spells on the mobs.

theres already multiple threads about countering assassins, whats your point?

Bravo
01-02-2006, 22:42
only mesmers have mesmer skills....mobs in pve dont multi-class.

Trolls in the maguuma jungle are warrior rangers (or are they ranger warriors hehe) since they use warrior attack skills and troll unguent as a self heal.

Erasculio
01-02-2006, 22:46
Trolls in the maguuma jungle are warrior rangers (or are they ranger warriors hehe) since they use warrior attack skills and troll unguent as a self heal.
Oh c'mon, if the Trolls didn't have Troll Unguent, who would? :tongue: I think it's not that the Trolls have a Ranger skill, but rather that the Rangers have a Troll skill.

Erasculio

Zaxares
02-02-2006, 03:25
I doubt that Anet will make assassin monsters as deadly as human players can make them. Have you ever seen any warrior enemies use a full tanking build like human warriors do? They'd be almost impossible to take down. What about monk enemies with energy management skills?

Anet's not vindinctive. They won't send us impossible mobs (at least, mobs that are impossible to kill even with a balanced team). They will have assassin enemies with combos, certainly, but I doubt they'll send groups of 8assassin monsters which all use a 5 attack + Temple Strike combo and kill everybody in the party in the first assault.

Tango
02-02-2006, 05:47
I doubt they'll send groups of 8assassin monsters which all use a 5 attack + Temple Strike combo and kill everybody in the party in the first assault.

Exactly, if anything this will make people figure out that:
Ai assassins will be dumber than healer henches
because the non elite mobs will rush you and attack with dagger skills
they are melee

anything that punishes melee classes will shut down assassins, and if they do make "8 assassin monsters..." you will always have skills to blind/stop them from attacking

blinding flash
throw dirt
melee ward
pacifism! omg
ageis
dust trap

and if you ever played a assassin in the pvp weekend you would know that warrs are tough nuts to crack because of their armor crazyness.

Zaxares
02-02-2006, 06:51
Best counter to an 8 assassin mob:

Amity.

Now chop up the assassins piecemeal. Pwned. :grin:

Kjentei
02-02-2006, 08:36
Oh c'mon, if the Trolls didn't have Troll Unguent, who would? I think it's not that the Trolls have a Ranger skill, but rather that the Rangers have a Troll skill.

Erasculio

I suppose, but it'd still be cool if their were more types of monsters that used skills from two professions, like the trolls.

Erasculio
02-02-2006, 11:06
I suppose, but it'd still be cool if their were more types of monsters that used skills from two professions, like the trolls.
That's completely off topic, but do you know what I would love to see in the game?

Mobs with dual Professions and a few skills that would alternate between two or more sets.

Say, the Dark Priests we find in Sorrow's Furnace always have Ressurrect, right? What if some of them had Ressurrection Signet instead, but were the same kind of mob, and placed randomly among the other Dark Priests? What if some the Eles we get in there had been better than the others at Mob College and learned also Earthquake, but were "hidden" among the common Eles?

That kind of thing, to throw a random element in the game, would make it much more interesting, IMO.

Erasculio

ColdwaveKid
02-02-2006, 12:41
That would be kind of cool. Having some high level mobs throw out a random skill once in a while.

Kjentei
02-02-2006, 14:11
Amity* on lots of Assassins would be neat. Since they'll be a lot of them, at least in the earlier stages of Factions.

:shocked: Do you think Troll Unguent + Amity* would be good?

Yes, I'm joking.

nightmarestop
08-02-2006, 01:08
Also, in case no one has noticed, mobs don't use more than 4 skills. That means they have /only/ a combo, and if they do anything else, their combo is smaller.

CKaz
08-02-2006, 21:51
if we're talking pvp, gale warriors will still mash 'em, if/when they bother with 'em. [btw gale assassins wont be as good, they use the energy]

Zero RoGuE
08-02-2006, 22:20
the main thing to remember when useing an assassin is surprise...(hence the name assassin) You need to pop in deal your damage then dissapear...mark my words, assassin groups will come in eventualy..(in fact i may be the one to do it...ive been throwing around a few builds...)

Jil Van Healsing
08-02-2006, 23:30
I doubt they'll send groups of 8assassin monsters which all use a 5 attack + Temple Strike combo and kill everybody in the party in the first assault.

*idea*

would be fun if there were some Boss Mobs

who run a certain build as IWAY or Obsidian spike, (Fotm)

so PvE players would also have the joy of crushing an IWAY team

i know it would require alot of Teamwork and thats almost impossible with PUG's

but nevertheless
Idea:
[] signed :smiley:

ps: sry 4 my english =/

Telkandore
11-02-2006, 02:14
Best counter to an 8 assassin mob:

Amity.

Now chop up the assassins piecemeal. Pwned. :grin:

Oh yeah, since they're all going to go after you just so they can get Amity..

Where the heck do all of you get the idea that anyone would fall for that...

lord of Bones
11-02-2006, 09:20
anyone who has played random or team arenas, and had 3 warriors jump their monk... you only need it to happen that one first time to swing the battle in small scale fights. And in larger battles, its usually not very hard for a monk to maneuver themselves into a crowd so they can Amity away either =P

Not necessarily touting amity as a pzwnin skill, but its not like it takes a brain surgeon to make it work. :wink:

Ubermancer
11-02-2006, 22:26
What I fear from Assassins :

Temple Strike.

(ps: some mobs use many more then 4, especially considering they dual equip many skills)