PDA

View Full Version : [Merged] Ritualist/Necro Explosive Growth Combo

Geishe
02-02-2006, 07:16
Hey all, been keeping track on daily ritualist news lately, and tonight I was able to look up a skill that interests me greatly. Im still speculating on this, but if it works it'll be loads of fun!

The skill that caught my eye was Explosive Growth. Lately, Ive been hearing plenty of minion bombing stories, and I thought, how about instead of bombing up the poor sack of bones, why bask in the glory of this wonderful creation? Im not sure if this works, and probably wont till Factions come out, but anywho:

Rit/N Explosive Growth + Animate Bone Minions = AoE 112 damage. Since technically Bone minions creates two "creatures" and explosive growth deals 20-56 damage to 5 enemies whenever a "creature" is created, this combo should do at least 112 damage (with 12 spawning, so 16 spawning should be even more.)

This might not seem so impressive, but the damage will stack up once the minions start coming. With just two corpses, 200+ damage will be inflicted and 4 extra pair of hands to deal small amounts of damage.

After the minions start racking up, you can smack on Signet of Creation, and use the Minion bombing tactic from there. Minions with high spawning power attribute will have pretty good health, so you can be sure theyll stay alive for you to plant on the Dark Nova's.

Boon of Creation should be added so you can gain TONS of health and energy. And other skills Ill be researching to add in, once I get school done ^^.

If there are any comments and any augmentations for my "speculating" build please feel free to help a newbie in his conquest for Ritualist Wisdom!!

MaximumSquid
07-02-2006, 14:02
Nice combo.

I thought explosive growth only worked on spirits. . .I must not have read it correctly.

What i'm really hoping for is an elite mineon in factions. . . There is no reason why the necro shouldn't have an elite summon.

Erasculio
07-02-2006, 17:07
What i'm really hoping for is an elite mineon in factions. . . There is no reason why the necro shouldn't have an elite summon.
This is OT, but yes, the Necromancers will have an Elite minion. It's a minion that, once dead, leaves a corpse, so you may reanimate it again (or use it for something else). There may be others.

Erasculio

aeonbahamutzero
07-02-2006, 20:51
it's going to be a bit energy intensive tho isn't it?

Geishe
08-02-2006, 02:38
Yes, it will be a bit energy intensive, but that is why Boon of Creation is there ^^. Im sure you know what it is, so I wont bother explaining it, but my point is Boon will be be able to keep your energy in tip top shape. Yet, i am still wondering if Boon will allow you to get 14 energy back (7/per minion) or if Minion only counts as one "creature."

This can only be answered when Factions come out, but Im hoping this combo will work.

Any other comments for an aspiring Ritualist User? Skill Suggestions? Ill attempt to create a build myself, but Im rather new, and would appreciate as much help as possible! Oooh, and with the new necro skills, maybe Dark Nova will be pumped up a notch. :smiley:

Artemis Shadowhawk
15-02-2006, 04:40
Personally I think that the Rt/N will be the new MM. Spawning is such a huge help to ABM. I'd probably run a build like this:

Spawning: 12+4
Death: 12

Animate Bone Minions
Boon of Creation
Explosive Growth
Death Nova
Taste of Death

Imagine how much this would contribute to a Pet/Barrage group. Your meat shields would all have much more life and deal damage when animated. It'd be pretty interesting to see.

CKaz
25-02-2006, 05:45
I think this will have specific application and be nice in its own right.
But keep in mind your little minions are what, level 10 now?
Yeah you added a good chunk of HP, but you lost AL, HP, and dmg doing so.

Also to leverage boon/explosive you chose minions which normally a serious MM won't even bring along. Your Death Nova and Taste of Death are weaker. If you were bothering with heals (verata sac, botm) worse as well.

[Your 'meat shields' will be pratically DoA]

Couple with a golem and vampric minion options and more tools along the way, and losing soul reaping and access to BM and its OoB (you put them in spawning) I don't see it replacing MM at all really. I'd rather have serious minions for level 20-30 encounters.

So yes I think you can have a lot of fun and its another flavor.
But IMO you won't beat-

DM12 +3+1
BM11 +1
SR6 +1
[or BM 10+1, SR 8+1]

you give 5 skills so I'll limit to that as well

fiends, horrors, verata sac, botm, OoB

With a B/P group in tombs I'm almost never NOT casting due to a solid soul reaping, the amount of bodies, and OoB, and the # spam I get from them is quite solid.

I think its a cool build and cool idea, but I think getting a bit too ahead of yourselves to suggest replacing the Necro for MM. By the way, have you gotten a look at the new necro skills... couple actually end up in the Soul Reaping line, as well as those new minions I mention above.

CKaz

Geishe
25-02-2006, 19:11
Oh, I think you should read my post again. I did not suggest that this will replace the old MM, this is only a build that uses minions.

Yes, they are weak but this is for PvE, so they'll be good meat shields for your team and for yourself. While these little buggers are soaking up the damage with a lot of life, you can continue to animate more minions to get the explosive growth, or to spread poison and damage with Minion-Bombing.

Of course my build can't beat a MM, its not even a MM. Nice suggestions though.

Artemis Shadowhawk
01-03-2006, 17:23
I think this will have specific application and be nice in its own right.
But keep in mind your little minions are what, level 10 now?
Yeah you added a good chunk of HP, but you lost AL, HP, and dmg doing so.

Also to leverage boon/explosive you chose minions which normally a serious MM won't even bring along. Your Death Nova and Taste of Death are weaker. If you were bothering with heals (verata sac, botm) worse as well.

[Your 'meat shields' will be pratically DoA]

Couple with a golem and vampric minion options and more tools along the way, and losing soul reaping and access to BM and its OoB (you put them in spawning) I don't see it replacing MM at all really. I'd rather have serious minions for level 20-30 encounters.

So yes I think you can have a lot of fun and its another flavor.
But IMO you won't beat-

DM12 +3+1
BM11 +1
SR6 +1
[or BM 10+1, SR 8+1]

you give 5 skills so I'll limit to that as well

fiends, horrors, verata sac, botm, OoB

With a B/P group in tombs I'm almost never NOT casting due to a solid soul reaping, the amount of bodies, and OoB, and the # spam I get from them is quite solid.

I think its a cool build and cool idea, but I think getting a bit too ahead of yourselves to suggest replacing the Necro for MM. By the way, have you gotten a look at the new necro skills... couple actually end up in the Soul Reaping line, as well as those new minions I mention above.

CKazYes all of that is very true. However, if we assume that Minions' health is derived the same as characters [(Level-1)*20 + 100], then let's see if level 10 minions or level 18 bone horrors have more health.

Bone Horror (lvl18): (18-1)*20 + 100 = 440 hp
Bone Minion (lvl10): [(10-1)*20 + 100]*1.64 = 459.2 hp

That means your minions have more life than a Necromancers Horrors. And!, there are two of them.

With 16 Death Magic Verata's Sacrifice only lasts 3 more seconds and Blood of the Master only heals for 22 more hp. So although healing is nerfed, yes. It is not a drastic loss.

As far as damage is concerned, each time you cast Animate Bone Minions, you will deal 136 damage to 5 nearby targets via explosive growth. I'd say that makes up for a loss in each individual minion's damage.

Furthermore energy isn't a drastic issue with Boon of Creation where you'll be gaining 16 Energy, and 106 hp mind you, each time you cast Animate Bone Minions.

And really, you can make twice as many minions as fiends and horrors. A major problem with MM is corpse denial and lack of corpses.

So would I like to play a Necromancer/Monk with lvl 18 horrors and fiends or a Ritualist/Necromancer with lvl 10 minions? After accounting for the fact that both minions have more health than the one horror summoned, the bonus 136 damage, and the mass hp gain per casting, I would have to side with the Rt/N.

Especially in Tombs like you referenced. Minions serve as meat shields. This way you have twice as many hp-equivalent meat shields and a greater damage output. Usually fiends are brought along for damage purposes. However, I have a hard time believing that the 136 damage to 5 nearby targets won't somewhat account for the loss of minion damage.

Albeit, Rt/N is not a Necro and will not "replace" it. But I believe that you sold it a little short in your first assessment.

MaximumSquid
01-03-2006, 17:48
Interesting analysis.

So spawning will give your summons more hp. That certinly can't hurt :laugh:

Defiled Immortal
01-03-2006, 18:30
Interesting analysis.

So spawning will give your summons more hp. That certinly can't hurt :laugh:
spawning power + ranger spirits... yummmm

GormWolfblade
01-03-2006, 20:10
i'm really liking the idea of signet of creation in a build like this. First off, recharge is only 10 secs while effect is 30 secs so you can keep it up as long as you want. Also, if you put death nova on all the minions, after 30 secs their going to all die at the exact same time..... = massive spike of aoe dmg.

Artemis Shadowhawk
01-03-2006, 21:11
i'm really liking the idea of signet of creation in a build like this. First off, recharge is only 10 secs while effect is 30 secs so you can keep it up as long as you want. Also, if you put death nova on all the minions, after 30 secs their going to all die at the exact same time..... = massive spike of aoe dmg.Wait, are implying that you could theoretically keep casting Signet of Creation before it expires and thus reap the benefits of the health regeneration without losing your Summons? If so, that would make it a much more appealing skill. At least something worth testing.

Geishe
03-03-2006, 00:13
In respons to Artemis's great build, Im going to post an alternative build focusing on AoE Damage.

~Explosive Bombing Rit/N~

Skills:
Animate Bone Minions: Exploit nearest corpse to animate two level 10 Bone Minions.
Death Nova: For 30 seconds, if target ally dies, Death Nova deals 85 damage and are Poisoned for 15 seconds.
Taste of Death: Steal 340 health from target animated undead ally.
Boon of Creation: For 63 seconds, whenever you create a creature, you gain 53 Health and 8 Energy.
Explosive Growth: For 63 seconds, whenever you create a creature, up to 5 foes near that creature are struck for 68 lightning damage.
Attuned Was Songkai (Elite): Hold Songkai's ashes for up to 45 seconds. While you hold her ashes, your spells cost 53% less Energy to cast.
Restoration: Create a level 4 spirit. When this spirit dies, all allies in the area are resurrected with 5-41% Health and zero Energy. This spirit dies after 30 seconds.
Rupture Soul: Target allied spirit is destroyed. All nearby enemies are struck for 140 lightning damage and become blinded for 12 seconds.

Attributes:
Spawning Power: 16 (12+3+1)
Death Magic: 12
Communing: 7 (6+1)

Description:
With three different ways to land Mass AoE damage, this build can be rather flexible. With Attuned of Songkai, all your magic will cost less. You can make up the used energy with Boon of Creation whenever you create Bone minions or create a Restoration Spirit.

Whenever you animate two Bone Minions, you automatically deal 136 damage to 5 nearby foes, and gain 106 HP and 16 energy. After the initial creation process, you can start bombing the minions for 170 damage (85 x 2) and inflicting poison. Rinse and Repeat this process. Taste of Death will also provide more HP in case of emergencies (320 a pop).

You might be asking, where is your Res skill? OMGOD Nub!! Well, in case your whole part SUDDENLY dies in the middle of the fight, you can res them all immediately with Restoration + Rupture Soul. I advise you to cast Restoration whenever you notice a teammates HP starts whittling down, itll ensure you a complete combo when they accidentally die.

You can use your teammates corpse as Minion fodder or you can rupture soul your spirit to immediately res your allies. Rupture Soul also deals 140 Aoe damage and blinds the creatures for 12 seconds, a win-win situation for you!

All of the AoE damage in this build is a single impact, instead of Damage over Time (DoT), meaning it will not disperse the mobs, allowing proper tankage!

Please share your comments on this build, and any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Doyle
03-03-2006, 21:25
Yes all of that is very true. However, if we assume that Minions' health is derived the same as characters [(Level-1)*20 + 100], then let's see if level 10 minions or level 18 bone horrors have more health.

That means your minions have more life than a Necromancers Horrors. And!, there are two of them.

There's a couple of flaws in that logic.

1) Your bone minions are effectively taking double damage from AoE (because they both get hit). To be fair, they also get double healing (since each gets healed), but they are still more suseptible to spikes/focus damage.

2) They also deal less damage as they take damage. A level 18 Bone Horror can take 300 points of damage and still be dealing the same amount of damage as he did when full. A bone minion pair that takes 300 points of damage will only deal half as much (since one of them is now dead).

Geishe
04-03-2006, 01:38
dfscott, the minions arent taking AoE damage, and they arent getting healed. Boon of Creation heals the caster, not the minions. Explosive Growth is AoE Damage against the creatures, not themselves. Hope that clears up any misunderstanding... and if I read your reply wrong, my deepest apologies.

Oh, and the minions deal little damage, but the Explosive Growth Damage more then makes up for it.

Any comments for my build?

Doyle
04-03-2006, 04:49
dfscott, the minions arent taking AoE damage, and they arent getting healed. Boon of Creation heals the caster, not the minions. Explosive Growth is AoE Damage against the creatures, not themselves. Hope that clears up any misunderstanding... and if I read your reply wrong, my deepest apologies.

Oh, and the minions deal little damage, but the Explosive Growth Damage more then makes up for it.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. What I meant was, if you're using them as meat shields and an enemy caster drops a firestorm on them, your minion pair will take twice as much total damage as the horror (since there's two of them). By the same token, Verata's, Heal Area, whatever, will heal the minions twice as much as the single horror. But I think in the end, you get to blow up two minions, not one horror, so you come out ahead no matter how you look at it.

Any comments for my build?

I can't wait to try it. I've got two accounts and am probably only going to be buying one copy of factions. I was bumming because my necro is on my "secondary" account. This build will let me have a necro-style character on my primary as well! :afro:

The Boz
04-03-2006, 14:14
One thing you're missing is the armor. A level 10 Minion has about 46 or so armor(can't remember, but I think I saw it on this site somewhere), whereas a level 18 Horror has 80. That skews things by alot.

Tenuei
05-03-2006, 01:49
Very nice explosive build. I managed to unlock explosive growth during the preview weekeend, but not boon of creation, so I didn't get a chance to use an optimal version of it. But, about your skills - 12, 12, and 6 for base levels? Isn't the highest you can get 12, 12, and 3?

Geishe
05-03-2006, 20:14
dfscott,my bad for misunderstanding ^^.

Tenuei, you are absolutely correct, the attributes are 12, 12, and 3. So, that makes:
Communing:4 (3+1)

Not that it makes a big difference as Restoration is basically used for exploding (and ressing, but thats just a side effect for being blown up :smiley:)

Im just, waiting here for Pre-order. Absolutely, cant wait for Ritualists~

Geishe
05-03-2006, 22:47
Forgot to reply to Bozos Comment:

One thing you're missing is the armor. A level 10 Minion has about 46 or so armor(can't remember, but I think I saw it on this site somewhere), whereas a level 18 Horror has 80. That skews things by alot.

Im not sure if youre addressing my build, or Artemis's Rit/Minion Master build, but I can see what you're concerned about.

This DOES NOT affect my build because I blow up all the minions I res, thus lower armor does not concern me. I might even get lucky if a mob kills it themselves without me wasting a Taste of Death.

This DOES affect the Rit/MM build, but not significantly. Compared to a necros minion, A Rit's Minion (with 16 spawning power), has only one advantage, more health. Disregarding Explosive Growth, A Rit's minion deals less damage (made up by explosive growth), and takes MORE damage with lower armor. What, I'm trying to say here is that the Rit/Mm build requires minions as meatshields, but with lower armor, theyll still die fast even with the health buff. Thus, it comes down to personal choice, some people may prefer Minions with super high health+triggering explosive growth when created. Or minions with higher level, higher damage output, higher armor, but less health.

As with me, I prefer to blow them up.

Doyle
06-03-2006, 02:44
dfscott,my bad for misunderstanding ^^.

[snip]

Im just, waiting here for Pre-order. Absolutely, cant wait for Ritualists~

Not a problem -- I'm just not communicating well today. :)

And I'm with you -- I was so afraid that the Ritualist would not be well-suited for PvE (which bummed me out since I'm PvE-only), but I think this proves that it's not the case!

Geishe
06-03-2006, 05:38
Indeed dfscott, I was also scared about Ritualists Involvment in PvE, thats why I rummaged through the skill list to find this. I'm sure there are TONS of combos out there, we can both try to hunt another one down if we have the time!

One combo I just came up with, is a combo that I overlooked in my own build. Restoration with Explosive Growth, deals initial damage of 68. Then with Death Nova planted on it we will proceed on casting Rupture Soul on it. This will cause it to go BOOM, giving the following effects:

293 damage + blind+ poison+ extra corpses+ MASS RES!

This is perfect when the Tank of the Team mistakenly aggro's an extra mob. The team starts dying off and when they hunt down the Ritualist, you just blow up your spirit and your practically safe. If they aren't already dead, somehow survived the carnage and all, they will be BLIND!! They won't be able to hit you enough to cause a serious amount of damage, and they'll be poisoned! Meaning they will be aimlessly flailing at you, while their health is getting drained on top of the 293 mass damage. Your team can regroup quickly and finish off the survivors!

Thats what I call Ritualist Pawnage!

TBMarauder
09-03-2006, 17:04
[Snip]... Then with Death Nova planted on it we will proceed on casting Rupture Soul on it. ... Sorry Geishe, but as with any other 'Enchantments' you cannot cast 'Death Nova' on Binding Rituals incl. Restoration'.

Result = "Target is invulnerable."

Doyle
09-03-2006, 19:43
I was about to say that your rez will only be at 5% hp, which is a little low, but I forgot that that skill Restoration is actually not linked to the Attribute Restoration (what genius decided that!?! :dizzy: )

Geishe
09-03-2006, 21:25
Awww what a pity, thanks a bunch TBMarauder! I guess I'll have to stick with the 208 damage.... Still pretty strong though!

dfscott, I KNOW! With the name restoration, you would think its restoration, but nah. It'll be funny watching people go, OMGOD NUB, U NO RESTORATION POINTS, DONT USE DAT, its ****!!!

Xunlai Agent
09-03-2006, 21:58
Restore is not part of the Resoration Line seems a really strange choice to make. Why call it Restore then?

Geishe
09-03-2006, 22:36
I know, eh? I think its just that for the Restoration line, Flesh of my Flesh is there for a res spell. Communing is mostly spirit based, so a Res spirit is put in there so Communing Ritualists do not have to put any attribute points in Restoration and concentrate on Communing.

Dreadwing
10-03-2006, 09:31
so how much hp would a 19Spawning Power and 12Death Magic minion have?

halfthought
12-03-2006, 02:54
IM scared does this mean N/Mo will die out and ppl will want rit in tombs :scared:

Artemis Shadowhawk
12-03-2006, 20:10
How can you get 19 spawning?!

Dreadwing
13-03-2006, 10:45
lol was thinking too much about necro i guess so its 17Spawn and 12 Death minion...

Artemis Shadowhawk
13-03-2006, 13:34
So you're counting the +1 Spawning (20%) to give you 17?

Geishe
16-03-2006, 01:57
I apologize for not being quick on a reply. Here goes the blabbering:

IF we had 17 Spawning Power (highly doubt it will be a common occurence), then a Bone Minion (I assume you're talking about minions since you said "Death minions") will have...
*I'm using Artemis's Nice little formula!

{(10-1)*20+100}*1.68 = 470.4 HP

If you were talking about Bone Horrors, then:

{(14-1)*20+100}*1.68 = 604.8 HP

Very very Hawt. But remember to count in the lower armor level, lower damage, overall lower quality of the minion. Fat, Healthy Minions FTW!

Kjentei
16-03-2006, 04:24
Geishe, I'm loving this concept, I hope it will work, as it's an idea I look forward to trying when Factions comes out. However I do predict that if it was to an excellent build, it might get nerfed so it only effects spirits.

Geishe
16-03-2006, 04:48
Thanks for your enthusiasm, its good to know about interesting builds in advance. I TRULY TRULY hope this concept works, its basically the primary reason why I love Ritualists so much (on top of their looks and dances).

If it does get nerfed... or changed... I'll cry :cry:

ZiggyStardust
01-05-2006, 18:18
I dont think they would nerf this, because it doesn't not make anything broken. This is no better than a direct MM necro primary. This goes about it at a different angle. IF they do then just going necro primary and monk for rez would be quivalent. What the ritualist lack in primary nec powerful summons they make up for it to some degree with explosive growth and boon of creation. Again a normal minion master, primary nec would win, their minions can just outlast and out power.

I personally like this build and have been playing it since i got factions.

my build is a little different however i focus on keeping my minions a little longer, plus i find it hard to sit there and filter through the dying minions to put a death nova on them. just too much hassle.

so far my build will consist of and is heading this direction.

rt/nec
spawning 16
death 12

explosive growth
boon of creation
minions
summon vamps- this will either be here or if minions are fine on their own then i will replace this with flesh of my flesh.
flesh golem
veratas sac
Botm
Deadly Swarm

if they decide to nerf it, which would be silly. then i would just go again primary nec with 16 in death, somein blood and some in soul reaping. and have much more powerful minions on their own.

Ziggy

Geishe
01-05-2006, 23:08
I like the Idea of adding the Flesh Golem, helps out in the long run. Im not quite sure about the Verata's Sac, as most MM's now just basically spam BoTM. Nice build overall, Ill be sure to give this a try as well.

I still think it would be more fun blowing up your minions ^^.

Rustin
02-05-2006, 22:36
So I had this inspiration and decided to hop onto GWfreaks and make up this build, took about 10 minutes or so, and I think it will be extremely effective. rate it or whatever you all do here:rolleyes:

minion explosion
build for superior damage output anytime in battle. animate your minions and you will: do 124 damage for 5 foes near them, gain 16 energy, and 94 health. thanks to attuned was songkai, the spell only costs 13 energy, so you will be making a net energy of 2 from creating minions. thanks to your high spawning power, your minions have +48% health, so they dont die unless you want them to. this is where death nova and signet of creation comes in. cast signet of creation, then put death nova on all of your minions. and all at once, they will all die, unleashing massive damage all at the same moment, an insane spike. this spike (if you minions are all hitting the same target) will be 8 minions x 85 dmg each = 680 dmg + 15 seconds poison (8dmg/sec) = 800 damage! taste of death is a spell for when you need some fast heal or want to unleash a death nova earlier than normal.

Ritualist/Necromancer
Level: 20

Spawning Power: 14 (12+2)

Taste of Death (Death Magic)
Steal 340 Health from target animated undead ally.
Energy:5 Cast:0.25 Recharge:0

Signet of Creation (Spawning Power)
All Spirits and animated creatures in the area gain +7 Health regeneration. After 30 seconds, those spirits and creatures are destroyed.
Energy:0 Cast:2 Recharge:10

Death Nova (Death Magic)
For 30 seconds, if target ally dies, all nearby foes take 85 damage and are Poisoned for 15 seconds.
Energy:5 Cast:2 Recharge:0

Animate Bone Minions (Death Magic)
Exploit nearest corpse to animate two level 10 bone minions.
Energy:25 Cast:3 Recharge:5

Attuned Was Songkai [Elite] (Spawning Power)
Hold Songkai's ashes for up to 45 seconds. While you hold her ashes, your Spells and Binding Rituals cost -47% of the base Energy to cast.
Energy:10 Cast:2 Recharge:60

Explosive Growth (Spawning Power)
For 57 seconds, whenever you create a creature, up to 5 foes near that creature are struck for 62 lightning damage.
Energy:15 Cast:2 Recharge:45

Boon of Creation (Spawning Power)
For 57 seconds, whenever you create a creature, you gain 47 Health and 8 Energy.
Energy:10 Cast:2 Recharge:45

Resurrection Signet ()
Resurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. You may use this Signet only once per mission.
Energy:0 Cast:3 Recharge:0

So what do you think?

jvxmtg
02-05-2006, 22:55
One problem; where do you get your corpse? O_o

Phoebus
02-05-2006, 23:01
There's already been a discussion about that exact build:
http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=384667

It's a solid build. Probably not very good at soloing as stated previously.

Rustin
02-05-2006, 23:05
as for the primary corpses, that would come from your group members. maybe not the best for soloing, but its more fun to play in groups anyway, even if it's just one other person.

as for the link you provided, i had seen the first post a long time ago and not seen how the build had developed. so apparently my ideas aren't too far away from others. i still plan on creating one however, heh.

BostonVaulter
02-05-2006, 23:43
wait, this is a pve build right? because it wouldn't really be that good for pvp. It sounds like fun, would be good for something like Vizunah Square with plenty of corpses to go around.

Rustin
03-05-2006, 02:12
as far as i've seen, there has been a plethora of corpses in pve in factions, there will not be a problem. and as for pvp, it can probably be used very effectively in 12v12 battles, and also in minion factories. have everybody get their minions, then the signet will affect all of the minions, so with 4 necros you'd have 32-40 minions all exploding at once, depending on how good you are at creatorizing them. pretty deadly...

Geishe
03-05-2006, 03:11
as for the primary corpses, that would come from your group members. maybe not the best for soloing, but its more fun to play in groups anyway, even if it's just one other person.

as for the link you provided, i had seen the first post a long time ago and not seen how the build had developed. so apparently my ideas aren't too far away from others. i still plan on creating one however, heh.

heh

You did not SEE how the build was developing??? There are like 3 builds in the next few pages in that link, each expanding on a different aspect on the Explosive Minionmancer. But meh, if you can't see how the build developed, I doubt you can see some of the disadvantages of this build.

1. Dis enchantments ruin you.

2. Spawning power should not be 14 (12+2) instead it should be 16 (12+1+3).

3. 30 seconds for sig of creation to activate? No thanks.

4. If your minions get interrupted, you will be left with no damage output. Bring Horror, or Fiend to provide backup minions.

5. Explosive Growth damage does not pierce armor, meaning the 62 damage will be reduced depending on the monsters AL. Ive had experiences where Ive seen EG delt 10-20 damage.

This build can still be powerful, just don't expect the damage you see on paper. Besides, the damage is too conditional.

Edgar Wellington
03-05-2006, 04:54
this is not a pvp build

but o god i had so much fun with it in pve, i didnt even have the elite and i was ok on energy

it worked pretty well, spam minions, death nova any minion u can, good stuff...

as far as creation sig goes its phanomenal if used correctly, imo its used for after battle, u make 8 minions and take them with you, when they are near the next enemy group or low on health use creation and death nova them... then you aggro and fight the group about 5-10 seconds into the fight (or depending on how u time it) you see a masive explosion and everything dies... its beautiful

it happend today and it just so happend to be that all my minions charged a monk boss and 1 hit killed it instantly avoiding all the units (who were now all poisend and damaged)

it could use some work as far as actually being a MM build but its the most fun build ive run in a while

naka
03-05-2006, 07:37
I wished i read this post before choosing monk as my 2ndary profession, looks like real fun. Do we get to change 2nd professions later on in the game for factions?

Feynt
03-05-2006, 09:15
All reports state that yes, you can. At the very least you can go back to Tyria so you should be able to go through ascension to change secondaries.

ciprialex
03-05-2006, 12:16
no need to go to tyria for that. i did it without a prerequisite quest in the town after the "ascension" mission in cantha(forgot name, sry) and it costed me 500g.

Dawn Stormborn
03-05-2006, 14:41
no need to go to tyria for that. i did it without a prerequisite quest in the town after the "ascension" mission in cantha(forgot name, sry) and it costed me 500g.
Senji's Corner. Basically after the 2nd/4th mission (Tahhnakai Temple) you are ascended.

ZiggyStardust
03-05-2006, 15:49
Yes I was just playing this weekend, I can't believe how addicted to this game I am already. I mean to me the first got boring fast. Especially when they just nerfed everything to hell. This build really isn't a minion master, I mean it is but how it is played just doesn't fit a typical MM. You minions are way more expendable and do not last at all really and even with spawning they die extremely fast against the exploding bad guys. But when you are just able to re-summon quickly you can survive, sometimes that is ><.

I have a questing since you like to blow them up with death nova, how is it you can filter through them quickly to find the dying ones and such? Is there a button to help you do that or you just stick your mouse in the mix and find one that is close? Since death nova only lasts for 30 seconds sometimes they just dont die fast enough but right when the 30 seconds are up that is when they kick off.

my build now is

Rit/Nec-Organic Dream (that is her name if you ever see me)
Death- 12
Spawning- 16= 12+3+1

Items
A death wand I found in Badwaks Byway (or whatever the hell this place is by Dragons Throut) There is a guy that makes weapons for about 5k and some items. I was looking for a one handed weapon sinc eI have foudn a rare spawning off hand item that gives me more armor while health +50% and 7 more mana. The wand 20% of the time has my death skills cast twice as fast.

Life- 460 (she is lvl 19)
Energy- 52 (all the hyclone or whatever it is called armor plus the extra items)

Skills

Boon of Creation- good spell for spamming but doesn't always keep you alive if there is a horde of people. So has its ups and downs. But keeps you casting while your mninions are just dying.

Explosive growth- A good skill but sometimes no people are around the corpses and you sometimes spawn an older corpse from behind you and that just makes it useless.

Soul Feast- I use this just in case about to die, and in combination with Flesh of my Flesh.

Flesh of my Flesh- Good rez skill usually im the one using it since most of th emonks die lol.

Summon minions- use with explosive growth but sometimes they just dont have the power to make it worth it but this is what thye are here for.

Summon Vamps- just for the stronger minnion every once in a while and to use while minions are recharging

Deadly swarm- hey need to do some damage while nothing is dead, cant have my team complaining im useless without minions lol.

Blood of the Master- keeps alive at least a little bit longer lol.

This build shouldn't be a minion master in the strictest sense because your minions are like confetti, and do poor damage. So like I said earlier to nerf this would be silly because for one it is dependent on bodies, and your minions are not that powerful. Secondly the explosive growth combo is kinda of a lucky shot, if people are around it then fine if not then useless. Plus I find it increasingly hard to even summon at times or use explosive growth because of enemy necros. Those enemy necros blow every corpse up, and i think the assassins are nec secondarys and do the same thing. But they get the job done with explosive growth to make of for some of the damage, when it hits. I just like this build though even if it isn't too grand, it is sure as hell fun to play.

Plus I like the fact that there is nothing that I really need. I dont plan on using flesh golem anymore unless just for fun. I would switch it out with summon vamps. Since I dont know when we would get it I am just fine with this build. Sometimes I die too quick but the team needs me and my res skill so they pick me up pretty fast. :)

Ziggy

Edgar Wellington
03-05-2006, 17:45
i was originally a Rit/A

i went assasin to unlock skills but unfortunately you dont gain skills through questing in factions

the outpost to change your profession is really soon, maybe the 2nd or 3rd mission into the mainland, you dont even quest it, you pay 500$ to unlock the profession then its free from there, but u have to buy all the skills

Cambeul
04-05-2006, 11:18
I think you can also go back to Tyria to do quest missions in there as well, butfor only the Original classes of course

Geishe
04-05-2006, 20:43
Yes I was just playing this weekend, I can't believe how addicted to this game I am already. I mean to me the first got boring fast. Especially when they just nerfed everything to hell. This build really isn't a minion master, I mean it is but how it is played just doesn't fit a typical MM. You minions are way more expendable and do not last at all really and even with spawning they die extremely fast against the exploding bad guys. But when you are just able to re-summon quickly you can survive, sometimes that is ><.

I have a questing since you like to blow them up with death nova, how is it you can filter through them quickly to find the dying ones and such? Is there a button to help you do that or you just stick your mouse in the mix and find one that is close? Since death nova only lasts for 30 seconds sometimes they just dont die fast enough but right when the 30 seconds are up that is when they kick off.

my build now is

Rit/Nec-Organic Dream (that is her name if you ever see me)
Death- 12
Spawning- 16= 12+3+1

Items
A death wand I found in Badwaks Byway (or whatever the hell this place is by Dragons Throut) There is a guy that makes weapons for about 5k and some items. I was looking for a one handed weapon sinc eI have foudn a rare spawning off hand item that gives me more armor while health +50% and 7 more mana. The wand 20% of the time has my death skills cast twice as fast.

Life- 460 (she is lvl 19)
Energy- 52 (all the hyclone or whatever it is called armor plus the extra items)

Skills

Boon of Creation- good spell for spamming but doesn't always keep you alive if there is a horde of people. So has its ups and downs. But keeps you casting while your mninions are just dying.

Explosive growth- A good skill but sometimes no people are around the corpses and you sometimes spawn an older corpse from behind you and that just makes it useless.

Soul Feast- I use this just in case about to die, and in combination with Flesh of my Flesh.

Flesh of my Flesh- Good rez skill usually im the one using it since most of th emonks die lol.

Summon minions- use with explosive growth but sometimes they just dont have the power to make it worth it but this is what thye are here for.

Summon Vamps- just for the stronger minnion every once in a while and to use while minions are recharging

Deadly swarm- hey need to do some damage while nothing is dead, cant have my team complaining im useless without minions lol.

Blood of the Master- keeps alive at least a little bit longer lol.

This build shouldn't be a minion master in the strictest sense because your minions are like confetti, and do poor damage. So like I said earlier to nerf this would be silly because for one it is dependent on bodies, and your minions are not that powerful. Secondly the explosive growth combo is kinda of a lucky shot, if people are around it then fine if not then useless. Plus I find it increasingly hard to even summon at times or use explosive growth because of enemy necros. Those enemy necros blow every corpse up, and i think the assassins are nec secondarys and do the same thing. But they get the job done with explosive growth to make of for some of the damage, when it hits. I just like this build though even if it isn't too grand, it is sure as hell fun to play.

Plus I like the fact that there is nothing that I really need. I dont plan on using flesh golem anymore unless just for fun. I would switch it out with summon vamps. Since I dont know when we would get it I am just fine with this build. Sometimes I die too quick but the team needs me and my res skill so they pick me up pretty fast. :)

Ziggy

Yeah, like I said many times... these minions arent used for fighting, theyre to be blown up. In regards with your tough time playing this build, practise helps target the minions you need to put Death Nova on. As well, you should be in a team where your Whammos can aggro properly... youre role is just to cast so, NOTHING should be touching you.

Rustin
05-05-2006, 02:39
heh

You did not SEE how the build was developing??? There are like 3 builds in the next few pages in that link, each expanding on a different aspect on the Explosive Minionmancer. But meh, if you can't see how the build developed, I doubt you can see some of the disadvantages of this build.

1. Dis enchantments ruin you.

2. Spawning power should not be 14 (12+2) instead it should be 16 (12+1+3).

3. 30 seconds for sig of creation to activate? No thanks.

4. If your minions get interrupted, you will be left with no damage output. Bring Horror, or Fiend to provide backup minions.

5. Explosive Growth damage does not pierce armor, meaning the 62 damage will be reduced depending on the monsters AL. Ive had experiences where Ive seen EG delt 10-20 damage.

This build can still be powerful, just don't expect the damage you see on paper. Besides, the damage is too conditional.

people are too hostile, it annoys me. when i said i hadn't sene how it developed, it meant i hadn't read the entire thread. this build is not going to be very good for tyria, but with the gigantic battles goin on in cantha, there are tons of corpses. disenchantments will not ruin me, the most important enchantments are BoC and EG, but even without these, my death novas on my minions will still be there. no mobs will remove that many enchantments

i decided i didn't want to sacrifice 75 hp for 2 more spawning power when it would only add about 6 damage on EG...no thanks.

sig of creation is not the only way to blow up minions, taste of death is quite handy.

if my minions get interrupted, the recharge is about 5 seconds. big whoop.

and finally, most damage doesn't pierce armor. death nova does, i believe, and that's the main source of this damage, now, isn't it?. please people, dont be so blasted pessimistic...

Geishe
05-05-2006, 03:02
people are too hostile, it annoys me. when i said i hadn't sene how it developed, it meant i hadn't read the entire thread. this build is not going to be very good for tyria, but with the gigantic battles goin on in cantha, there are tons of corpses. disenchantments will not ruin me, the most important enchantments are BoC and EG, but even without these, my death novas on my minions will still be there. no mobs will remove that many enchantments

i decided i didn't want to sacrifice 75 hp for 2 more spawning power when it would only add about 6 damage on EG...no thanks.

sig of creation is not the only way to blow up minions, taste of death is quite handy.

if my minions get interrupted, the recharge is about 5 seconds. big whoop.

and finally, most damage doesn't pierce armor. death nova does, i believe, and that's the main source of this damage, now, isn't it?. please people, dont be so blasted pessimistic...

Well from what I can see, if youre just going to rely on Death Nova, because you dont care that EG and BoC has been stripped, then why dont you just do Necromancer? If Death Nova is your main source of damage then having 16 death magic is more beneficial I would say
?

If your minions get interrupted, thats 5 seconds of dealing no damage. And Im sure they wont just interrupt once, a chain of interrupts will occur.

Sorry for my cranky mood, bad day overall and I apologize if my comments seem unhelpful or harsh.

OmInOuS NeCrOsIs
19-05-2006, 21:44
corpses do seem to propose a small problem for this build, considering you roll through them so fast

Geishe
20-05-2006, 01:18
You won't run out of corspes if the enemy keeps on dying ^^. This build is mostly for PvE, can't see it used effectively in PvP. In PvE, monsters should be dying everywhere, and with Explosive Growth x 2, the deaths should be rolling with no problem.

Besides, 3 seconds for 1 Minion spell, than maybe another 4-5 seconds casting Death Nova and Taste of Death on the two minions. During those 8 seconds, I'm sure there will be another corpse to repeat the process.

If you're thinking that this build is just summoning non-stop, then you might be wrong. Depending on the situation, you need to see if you should Minion Bomb your newly summoned minions, or just keep on animating... basically depends on your party and amount of corpse fodder there are.

A) Minion Bomb, if monsters are not dying too fast... 2 Death Novas + Explosive Growth + Party Damage should be enough damage to kill AT LEAST 1 monster!

B) Animate more Minions, Horror or minion, just keep on summoning as there are dead bodies everywhere, pile on the explosive growth damage THEN blow them all up if you need to.

Chemical Ali
20-05-2006, 06:35
The sig of creation build is ok. In alliance battles drop the ressig and consider a backup minion spell, something to keep them alive while you're defending/on the move, or dark bond from th blood line which is a good cover enchant which will keep you alive. hmm do we need taste of death when we have sig?

Geishe
20-05-2006, 06:57
The sig of creation build is ok. In alliance battles drop the ressig and consider a backup minion spell, something to keep them alive while you're defending/on the move, or dark bond from th blood line which is a good cover enchant which will keep you alive. hmm do we need taste of death when we have sig?

My build isn't the sig of creation build. I don't believe in the 30 second wait time, so I rather have a little more micromanagement for higher and faster damage output.

If you read my previous post, this build will surely be lacking in power in Alliance/GvG/ ANY PvP for that matter.

Nymon Bodom
21-05-2006, 19:29
Nice build, can someone tell me which armor set choice would be best ? Thanks in advance.

Geishe
21-05-2006, 23:15
Nice build, can someone tell me which armor set choice would be best ? Thanks in advance.

Halycon's for energy purposes, as constant spamming is needed. Besides, nothing should be touching you, so 60 armor shouldn't matter too much.

As well, ash holding with Halycon's is 37 energy, more beneficial than the +10 armor while holding an item.

nino fs
24-05-2006, 19:45
I have read quite a few posts about how this build will not work in PvP. I am running this build and have been since the WPE. During that event I went into a guild battle with this build and let me tell you it was rediculous. The reason it worked so well is simple the other team was an all warrior build (probably IWAY). The game went something like this:
The IWAYs charge and pick up a target I put on my enchants (creation, explosive).
The IWAYs manage to kill my teammate but they are all clustered and I hit them with the explosive growth. Seeing all theose numbers rise up and fairly large numbers at that was awesome.
Now the IWAYs are severely weakened and I have two minions running free beating on them.
My team manages to take down another IWAY and Boom another hit to them.

This continued until all but 2 of the IWAYs were dead and I had a serious army on minions running around the flag area.

Sadly my guild broke up and everyone went in different directions and I got overrun at the center when the IWAYs rezzed.(No corpses to explode).
I did manage to hold the tower for awhile because of the minions but my team was extremely disorganized and everyone went there own way. (I quit the guild because all our matches were like this).

But as you can see in the right situation this build can devastate and confuse an enemy.

Geishe
24-05-2006, 20:34
I have read quite a few posts about how this build will not work in PvP. I am running this build and have been since the WPE. During that event I went into a guild battle with this build and let me tell you it was rediculous. The reason it worked so well is simple the other team was an all warrior build (probably IWAY). The game went something like this:
The IWAYs charge and pick up a target I put on my enchants (creation, explosive).
The IWAYs manage to kill my teammate but they are all clustered and I hit them with the explosive growth. Seeing all theose numbers rise up and fairly large numbers at that was awesome.
Now the IWAYs are severely weakened and I have two minions running free beating on them.
My team manages to take down another IWAY and Boom another hit to them.

This continued until all but 2 of the IWAYs were dead and I had a serious army on minions running around the flag area.

Sadly my guild broke up and everyone went in different directions and I got overrun at the center when the IWAYs rezzed.(No corpses to explode).
I did manage to hold the tower for awhile because of the minions but my team was extremely disorganized and everyone went there own way. (I quit the guild because all our matches were like this).

But as you can see in the right situation this build can devastate and confuse an enemy.

Yep, this build CAN be extremely powerful in the right situation in PvP. But there is the risk factor involved. Sometimes you might get the right situation, someimes not. Besides, you were against IWAY's so pets were dropping dead everywhere = explosions everywhere. Might not work as well in a ranger spike, etc.

Thanks for the comment!

DisturbedPhoenix
25-05-2006, 14:49
I was really bored yesterday, so I was fiddling around with skills and came up with an MM build for ritualists. Yell all you want, suggestions needed and edits needed.

Rt/N

Attributes: Spawning- 12+3(superior)
Death Magic- 12
Retoration Magic- 3

Boon of Creation
Animate Vampiric Horror
Animate Flesh Golem(Elite)
Explosive Growth
Death Nova
Taste of Death
Signet of Creation
Flesh of My Flesh

This is a PvE build. NOT FOR SOLOING WITH! If someone would like to take my idea and change it for farmig be my guest.

Get henchman/other players to kill an enemy. Equip Explosive Growth than boon of creation, than make a golem. Equip the golem with death nova and run him into battle. He'll kill something else with help, then make a vampiric horror. Again, equip death nova to the horror and the golem(if it ran out). Cast Signet of Creation then run to next group(make sure death nova is still on). Run to next group, kill than when they all die MINI AFFLICTED:!!! Rinse and Repeat, tell me what ya think.

Goldfish God
25-05-2006, 16:37
You should look on the Ritualist Forum, Theres a whole merged thread for the Rt/MM build concept.

DisturbedPhoenix
26-05-2006, 19:07
You should look on the Ritualist Forum, Theres a whole merged thread for the Rt/MM build concept.

Ok, thanx goldfish, I'm sorry I put it in the wrong place, didnt get a chance to look through the forum.:undecided:

James XIII
26-05-2006, 20:00
well the 2 minion animate is killer for that (I have done a build similar to the one u have up there)

Geishe
27-05-2006, 02:51
(I have done a build similar to the one u have up there)

Welcome to my life.

matishalin
12-06-2006, 15:54
jin the club also with this un put the sup rune on death magic more useful then spawning for the build

GOOD WORK

i run the same only with minions for DOUBLE dmg

WOOOOOOOO

Geishe
12-06-2006, 20:57
jin the club also with this un put the sup rune on death magic more useful then spawning for the build

GOOD WORK

i run the same only with minions for DOUBLE dmg

WOOOOOOOO

How can you put a Sup Rune of Death Magic on a Ritualist ??

WOOOOOOOO

TheRanger
21-06-2006, 07:43
Ritualist PvE Build.
Ri/N

Attributes
16 Spawning Power
12 Death Magic
Rest in Restoration

Attuned Was Songkai (Elite)
Hold Songakis ashes for up to 45 seconds. While you hold her ashes, your spells cost 53% less energy to cast.
10/2/60

Boon of Creation
For 63 seconds, whenever you create a creature, you gain 53 health and 8 energy.
10/2/45

Explosive Growth
For 63 seconds, whenever you create a creature, up to 5 foes near that creature are struck for 69 lightning damage.
15/2/45

Animate Bone Minions
Exploit nearnest corpse to animate two level 10 bone minions.
15/3/5

Death Nova
For 30 seconds, if target ally dies, all adjacent foes take 85 damage and are Poisoned for 15 seconds.
5/2/0

Taste of Death
Steal 340 Health from target animated undead ally.
5/1 fourth/0

Deathly Swarm
Deathly Swarm flies out slowly and strikes for 67 cold damage on up to three targets in the area.
10/3/3

Flesh of My Flesh
Spell. Lose half your Health. Resurrect target ally with your current Health and 5-17% Energy.
5/5/0

The build focuses on creating minions to deal damage.

Using Animate Bone Minions will trigger Boon of Creation and explosive Growth twice, meaning you will gain 126 health, 16 energy, and 5 foes in the area will take 138 damage.

Attuned Was Songkai is for energy management, so you can spam Deathly Swarm, Death Nova, and Taste of Death constantly.

-----

So what do you think? I can't decide if I should take out some skills and replace it for other corpse moves like Well of Suffering and Animate Bone Fiend.

Goldfish God
21-06-2006, 17:37
There's a huge thread somewhere dedicated to R/N minion bombers, but I can't be bothered to look for it around the ritualist forum. You've pretty much produced what is the standard build for it and it works pretty well. :laugh:

Geishe
21-06-2006, 19:53
Welcome to February.

Kieran Bloodfox
25-06-2006, 03:32
Ritualist PvE Build.

-----

So what do you think? I can't decide if I should take out some skills and replace it for other corpse moves like Well of Suffering and Animate Bone Fiend.

I would consider dropping Flesh of My Flesh and Deathly Swarm for additional corpse exploits, definitely.

Well of Suffering and Animate Bone Fiend would be good choices. Your build doesn't rely on keeping minions alive, but in continually raising short-lived ones. A mixture of Bone Fiends and Bone Minions works well. The Fiends are a bit tougher, and have that nice ranged attack. Works well to get two or three Fiends up, then the rest Minions.

Well of Suffering is great for killing things faster. Especially if you have minions tanking to keep the mobs in place.

Or you could do Animate Bone Fiends and Blood of the Master to heal your minions up and keep them longer. Or try Vampiric Horrors instead of Bone Fiends. Or replace BotM with another complimentary Death skill, like the ones that transfer conditions or damage to your nearest minion.

Seems like a good solid build to me, with potential for a few minor tweaks or options.

I'm not a big fan personally of using a Spawning Power ritualist as a bomber. Spawning power and bombing are counter-productive to one another.

Personally I would drop the Death Nova as well in favour of something that can better take advantage of the fact that your minions have more HT than a necro primary's minions do.

Geishe
25-06-2006, 03:51
I would consider dropping Flesh of My Flesh and Deathly Swarm for additional corpse exploits, definitely.

Well of Suffering and Animate Bone Fiend would be good choices. Your build doesn't rely on keeping minions alive, but in continually raising short-lived ones. A mixture of Bone Fiends and Bone Minions works well. The Fiends are a bit tougher, and have that nice ranged attack. Works well to get two or three Fiends up, then the rest Minions.

Well of Suffering is great for killing things faster. Especially if you have minions tanking to keep the mobs in place.

Or you could do Animate Bone Fiends and Blood of the Master to heal your minions up and keep them longer. Or try Vampiric Horrors instead of Bone Fiends. Or replace BotM with another complimentary Death skill, like the ones that transfer conditions or damage to your nearest minion.

Seems like a good solid build to me, with potential for a few minor tweaks or options.

I'm not a big fan personally of using a Spawning Power ritualist as a bomber. Spawning power and bombing are counter-productive to one another.

Personally I would drop the Death Nova as well in favour of something that can better take advantage of the fact that your minions have more HT than a necro primary's minions do.

I would say the main potential of this build is to wreck havoc with the minions, probably not to keep them alive "longer." Minions and Fiends do go well together though, for bombing at least.

I do agree about spawning power and bombing being counter-productive, but if it helps to be able to destroy everything in sight, bombing is still a wise choice.

vertigodragon
25-06-2006, 06:35
I've played this build in PvE, and it isn't as good as it looks. First of all, your elite slot can go to something else. Animate Bone Minions produces two minions, giving you a return of one energy with Boon of Creation. Back to the argument...the AoE on Explosive Growth sucks. It pretty much requires enemies to be standing on top of the corpse. So comparing this skill to Putrid Explosion...

Putrid Explosion @ lv. 16
Spell. The corpse nearest your target explodes, sending out a shockwave that deals 127 damage to nearby foes.

Explosive Growth @ lv. 16
Enchantment Spell. For 63 seconds, whenever you create a creature, up to 5 foes near that creature are struck for 68 (136) lightning damage.

Having Putrid Explosion requires 1 skill slot, has a shorter recharge, but does 9 less damage. Explosive Growth requires 3 slots, requires recasting two enchantments, for the extra 9 damage and minions. At 16 death magic vs. 16/12 spawning/death, the minions had something like only an extra 20 hp (some post, somewhere...).

Either as a Bomber or a MM, a necro primary wins, unless you have some insane aggro management that allows all of the enemies to stand in a single spot.

Geishe
25-06-2006, 07:26
I've played this build in PvE, and it isn't as good as it looks. First of all, your elite slot can go to something else. Animate Bone Minions produces two minions, giving you a return of one energy with Boon of Creation. Back to the argument...the AoE on Explosive Growth sucks. It pretty much requires enemies to be standing on top of the corpse. So comparing this skill to Putrid Explosion...

Putrid Explosion @ lv. 16
Spell. The corpse nearest your target explodes, sending out a shockwave that deals 127 damage to nearby foes.

Explosive Growth @ lv. 16
Enchantment Spell. For 63 seconds, whenever you create a creature, up to 5 foes near that creature are struck for 68 (136) lightning damage.

Having Putrid Explosion requires 1 skill slot, has a shorter recharge, but does 9 less damage. Explosive Growth requires 3 slots, requires recasting two enchantments, for the extra 9 damage and minions. At 16 death magic vs. 16/12 spawning/death, the minions had something like only an extra 20 hp (some post, somewhere...).

Either as a Bomber or a MM, a necro primary wins, unless you have some insane aggro management that allows all of the enemies to stand in a single spot.

Ive also played this build in PvE, and it isnt as good as it looks. I agree. Enchant removal, shortage of corpses, AoE limitations... plenty of malicious things. Main thing is, when it works... and yes it does work... it is FUN! Sometimes you just want to take a break from Spirit Spamming or being the "support" Ritualist. Minion Bombing seems like a fitting choice no?

Ive noticed EG's AoE effect isn't as bad as you say it is. It seems to be fine with me, as I tend to have tanks harvesting mobs relatively close to each other. Maybe you need to find a good group to go bombing with? Apart from that, If I were to make a Necro, I wouldn't have made a Rit. This build is for the Ritualists out there who want to have FUN (OMGOD, REALLY? FUN??? Thats rare with VwK farming, SPIRIT SPAMMING, FUN? That almost sounds impossible!!!!111!) using the advantages and skills given to them.

If I wanted to make a Necro Minion Bomber, I would have made a Necro Minion Bomber. Point is, its personal preference... I wanted to make a Ritualist Bomber, and so.. I made a Ritualist Bomber.

An Anomaly
25-06-2006, 13:14
[QUOTE=Artemis Shadowhawk]

QUOTE]

Yes, but at level 10 they'll take alot more damage, alot quicker.

Geishe
25-06-2006, 16:28
[QUOTE=Artemis Shadowhawk]

QUOTE]

Yes, but at level 10 they'll take alot more damage, alot quicker.

Um... post necromancy! :undecided:

Next time, please read the posts AFTER your quoted post to see if you're repeating anyone. Besides, when minions die, they go boom (Death Nova >.>) and enemies go "plop", and you can keep the cycle going. Remember we have a minion limit now, we don't want to keep our minions alive too long... they're only bombs waiting to go off. The more damage they take, the sooner our mission is completed.

matishalin
26-06-2006, 12:23
:smiley: okay i read the thread and Geishe has got some grat ides but can someone post a solid build ???

oh and putrid explosion sucks as u can not get em close to the corpse as well so really explosive growth works much better and dmg is doubled with minions so all together its much much better:wink:

Geishe
26-06-2006, 16:41
There is a build on page three of this thread, me thinks. Ill just copy and paste here:

~Explosive Bombing Rit/N~

Skills:
Animate Bone Minions: Exploit nearest corpse to animate two level 10 Bone Minions.
Death Nova: For 30 seconds, if target ally dies, Death Nova deals 85 damage and are Poisoned for 15 seconds.
Taste of Death: Steal 340 health from target animated undead ally.
Boon of Creation: For 63 seconds, whenever you create a creature, you gain 53 Health and 8 Energy.
Explosive Growth: For 63 seconds, whenever you create a creature, up to 5 foes near that creature are struck for 68 lightning damage.
Attuned Was Songkai (Elite): Hold Songkai's ashes for up to 45 seconds. While you hold her ashes, your spells cost 53% less Energy to cast.
Restoration: Create a level 4 spirit. When this spirit dies, all allies in the area are resurrected with 5-41% Health and zero Energy. This spirit dies after 30 seconds.
Rupture Soul: Target allied spirit is destroyed. All nearby enemies are struck for 140 lightning damage and become blinded for 12 seconds.

Attributes:

Description:
With three different ways to land Mass AoE damage, this build can be rather flexible. With Attuned of Songkai, all your magic will cost less. You can make up the used energy with Boon of Creation whenever you create Bone minions or create a Restoration Spirit.

Whenever you animate two Bone Minions, you automatically deal 136 damage to 5 nearby foes, and gain 106 HP and 16 energy. After the initial creation process, you can start bombing the minions for 170 damage (85 x 2) and inflicting poison. Rinse and Repeat this process. Taste of Death will also provide more HP in case of emergencies (320 a pop).

You might be asking, where is your Res skill? OMGOD Nub!! Well, in case your whole part SUDDENLY dies in the middle of the fight, you can res them all immediately with Restoration + Rupture Soul. I advise you to cast Restoration whenever you notice a teammates HP starts whittling down, itll ensure you a complete combo when they accidentally die.

You can use your teammates corpse as Minion fodder or you can rupture soul your spirit to immediately res your allies. Rupture Soul also deals 140 Aoe damage and blinds the creatures for 12 seconds, a win-win situation for you!

All of the AoE damage in this build is a single impact, instead of Damage over Time (DoT), meaning it will not disperse the mobs, allowing proper tankage!

Lots of things can be changed about this build, dont be afraid to customize it to your personal preference.

shamed
26-06-2006, 17:21
This build sounds like a lot of fun. I'm gonna try it out later today. It's kinda boring doing the whole Ritual Lord support thing as a ritualist; sometimes I just which I could get my hands bloody and still be effective. This looks like a good combination of bloody hands and efficiency.

Attributes:

I think you meant 4 (3+1) Communing.

Geishe
26-06-2006, 21:46
This build sounds like a lot of fun. I'm gonna try it out later today. It's kinda boring doing the whole Ritual Lord support thing as a ritualist; sometimes I just which I could get my hands bloody and still be effective. This looks like a good combination of bloody hands and efficiency.

I think you meant 4 (3+1) Communing.

Oh, my bad. Thanks ^^

idfei
27-06-2006, 20:14
A bit offtopic, but I kind of run something similar when I'm in groups as Ritual Lord protector.

Skillset:

Animate bone minions
Death Nova
Shelter
Union
Displacement
Ritual Lord {e}
Boon of Creation
Flesh of my flesh

Spawning: 10 + 3 + 1
Communing: 11 + 3
Death: 10

Idea is that the build plays like ritual lord spammer through the difficult parts of the mission, but on the easier times when the team just blows though stuff too fast for spirits to catch up, I just put up shelter and start rezzing minions. At lvl 8 minions fall down quickly, making me very good energy battery for any necros around, and with death novas they do respectable armor ignoring damage.

I first tried this with putrid explosion, but while much easier on you, you do no favor to the MM in your party if you explode the corpses. If on the other hand you use 1 or 2 corpses for minions, this ends up being more beneficial to group both damage wise, and mana wise for the MM.

Queen Undertaker
28-06-2006, 17:57
I have been looking into this build alot lately, thought someone would come out with a good one.
the flesh golem is you main deal for meat, a necro w/ 16 points in death makes his lvl 26 golem and he has 600 HP. the lvl 12 golem the rit makes with his 16 points in spawning is 850 I think I read somewhere, so does less damage sure, but he lives alot longer.

the trick for this build is to have the 2 skills for the rit, ONLY 2, explosive creation, doing 69 dmg when raising a minnions, I call pets. Im a nerco mainly so they my pets. hehe, but you need the lower levels minnionS, yes raise the weak but 2 minions, this causes 2 explosions, and there health adied by the spawning will be plenty high enough to hit both with death nova before they pass on, then again causing more damage, more than making up for the lower level hits due to not being a necro primary.

I have seen some in here put points in other skills. Id put mine extras into blood majic, at 0 you have 40 seconds to run dark bond. this is the skill i use to keep me alive, 75% of damage goes to closest pet, ie it dies faster, good thing seeing you WANT them to die when in a fight, only keep alive when running to next fight.

use blood of the master to heal after the fight.

so, if i got it right

flesh golem, minnions,death nova,dark bond,blood of the master,explosive growth, and boon of creation ( think its called ) then ur favorite death skill to kill when starting or soloing, rotting flesh is what most use, but there are several others in factiosn that works good. I pick the one with fast recharge time and lower cost, though at begining you dont have eng crisis.

also weapons i use are my IDS 20% enchant sword, yeah I dont whack anything, just makes my skills ( mainly the rit ones ) run instead of 63 seconds i think is around 75 seconds. a nice jump. then I use the death off hand for the double 20 20 recharge and cast.

hope this is clear and easy to read, sorry for the length of it.

Queen Undertaker

BlazingAgony
28-06-2006, 18:33
the lvl 12 golem the rit makes with his 16 points in spawning is 850 I think I read somewhere, so does less damage sure, but he lives alot longer.

Not necessarily.. AFAIK, minions with higher level also have alot more armor.

Geishe
28-06-2006, 20:19
I have seen some in here put points in other skills. Id put mine extras into blood majic, at 0 you have 40 seconds to run dark bond. this is the skill i use to keep me alive, 75% of damage goes to closest pet, ie it dies faster, good thing seeing you WANT them to die when in a fight, only keep alive when running to next fight.

use blood of the master to heal after the fight.

so, if i got it right

flesh golem, minnions,death nova,dark bond,blood of the master,explosive growth, and boon of creation ( think its called ) then ur favorite death skill to kill when starting or soloing, rotting flesh is what most use, but there are several others in factiosn that works good. I pick the one with fast recharge time and lower cost, though at begining you dont have eng crisis.

Queen Undertaker

I wouldnt bring Dark Bond, only because you shouldn't be hit at all. Summon from a distance back, and make sure you're tank has proper aggro. But, its up to you.

Flesh Golem can help, as Attuned was songkai isn't much help to e-management with Minions + BoC. It can even be a mobile corpse, you carry it around from one fight to another, then sac it for Animate Minions.

Dont worry about length and clarity Queen, I understood 100% of it.

Queen Undertaker
29-06-2006, 17:44
Thanks Geishe,
yeah on my Necro MM I run dark bond for simple fact they DO come after me sometime, and well you know, a caster aint got armor for crud, so, I let them have the 75% damage he dies, oh well 15 eng and hes back, to keep taking damage for me.
is only reason I run dark bond and with NO points in it I think it is 30-40 seconds long. if it is an enchant, havent really looked, but if it is it would run 20% longer with the ids I will carry for the rit necro MM.

oh and the person before me said something about minion , well from what I understand on this build you WANT them to die, the lower armor is good for this build so he die, but the added health due to the spawning levels adds life, in the begining. but should be long enough for you to cast 2 death novas, one on each of your new pets. when the growth explosion goes off 2x due to u raising them, and the novas go off, well they should drop some more to raise 2 more and would be a vicious cycle I belive, well till bodies are gone or baddies are gone hehe, either way bang bang boom boom they all fall down.

I will be making this build this next week, so all I need is head piece and sup run of spawning, if any have to sell get hold of me ok on game, I check here very rarely.

do belive this could be a good solo player, once you drop ur first baddie. also, one thing i do to get my MM to get first kill hehe, is take an assassin or ele, something with low armor, let him die and raise off him, no monk hench, dont want them raising them hehe.

queen out

Sorale
25-07-2006, 10:58
Here's a build I've been messing around with that's based on the original build.

Animate Bone Minions
Death Nova
Taste of Death
Taste of Pain
Consume Soul
Explosive Growth
Boon of Creation
Flesh of My Flesh

12 Death Magic
14 Spawning Power

So, what I did was casted Death Nova on people for when they died, made minions, and then rezzed them with FomF. Then Taste of Death for the damage incurred. Also, the damage from Explosive Growth is a plus, as is the energy gained. I found Restoration to be too unweildy to use reliably, and FomF a bit better in PvP situations.

Edit: Consume Soul is there to get rid of enemy spirits that rangers and other rits use, btw.

Geishe
25-07-2006, 21:04
12 Death Magic
14 Spawning Power

Why not Spawning Power 16?

matishalin
30-07-2006, 14:04
where can u get explosive growth

i cant find it on the starter island or anywhee else

Geishe
30-07-2006, 17:53
where can u get explosive growth

i cant find it on the starter island or anywhee else

It should be in everyother skill trainer in Cantha. Check out Kaineng.

matishalin
01-08-2006, 10:41
k thanks ill look