PDA

View Full Version : Way of the Fox + Unseen Fury



MaximumSquid
07-02-2006, 07:04
Shadow Arts at 16:

Way of the Fox:
Enchantment Spell. For 37 seconds, your next attack cannot miss.

Unseen Fury:
Stance. For 37 seconds, you cannot be blocked, or evaded by Blinded foes.

Both cost 5 and both have a recharge of 45 seconds.

Yes I know the obvious weaknesses. Way of the Fox can be removed, and Unsean Fury requires that the target is blind.

Asside from that here's how it see it going down.

Your teamate get's rundown and horribly murdered. All attemps to save your fiend fail other than raw healing. (or using gale on the assassin)

Bravo
07-02-2006, 09:26
A better combination I see happening is glimmering mark (not necessarily from the assassin) and unseen fury. All you have to do it hit with an attack and all subsequent attacks will hit. Glimmering mark can be covered with another hex, unless guild wars provides better hex removals in factions. Since glimmering mark is a hex, it leads into some combinations that require a hexed foe too.

remmeh
07-02-2006, 14:46
i think Way of the Fox applies strictly to your next attack.

lord of Bones
07-02-2006, 17:22
Blinding powder + unseen fury seems like an effective combo.

roguebanshee
07-02-2006, 17:25
i think Way of the Fox applies strictly to your next attack.
Correct, WotF only counts for your next attack. It also has a 3 second recharge and not a 45 second recharge.

WotF should also ignore any Blindness or miss-chance hexes on the user.

lord of Bones
07-02-2006, 18:55
No one has ever really satisfied my desire for an explanation of WotF, and I didn't get to personally test it in the event... But the description doesn't gaurantee your attack will HIT, only that it won't MISS... I take the skill description to mean you ignore the effect of blindness, and the sin elite that causes all attacks against its user to miss, etc. Not that your attacks necessarily pierce dodge/evade.

MaximumSquid
07-02-2006, 19:06
WotF + Illusionary Weapon!! zOMG the Pure Pwnage! :afro:

roguebanshee
07-02-2006, 19:17
No one has ever really satisfied my desire for an explanation of WotF, and I didn't get to personally test it in the event... But the description doesn't gaurantee your attack will HIT, only that it won't MISS... I take the skill description to mean you ignore the effect of blindness, and the sin elite that causes all attacks against its user to miss, etc. Not that your attacks necessarily pierce dodge/evade.
I wasn't evaded/blocked on any attacks under WotF during the event. I may of course have been lucky and gotten the 25% chance against those who used a 75% stance.

Also, an off-hand or dual attack shows up as a miss if used out of proper sequence. WotF doesn't change that.

The Boz
07-02-2006, 19:48
WotF + Illusionary Weapon!! zOMG the Pure Pwnage! :afro:
Why would you want to use those two? You can't not deal damage with IW as it is, you really don't need WotF. Unless you're thinking of covering the downtime, but that doesn't really matter much.

MaximumSquid
08-02-2006, 02:59
Why would you want to use those two? You can't not deal damage with IW as it is, you really don't need WotF. Unless you're thinking of covering the downtime, but that doesn't really matter much. It was a joke, but when I thought about it more I actually don't know what would happen. . .

I dought anyone tried it during the PvP weakend, but i'll try asking.

lord of Bones
08-02-2006, 03:29
nothing would happen. Illusionary weaponry attacks don't miss. They just don't make contact with the foe.

Kyrion Hellcat
08-02-2006, 19:43
No one has ever really satisfied my desire for an explanation of WotF, and I didn't get to personally test it in the event... But the description doesn't gaurantee your attack will HIT, only that it won't MISS... I take the skill description to mean you ignore the effect of blindness, and the sin elite that causes all attacks against its user to miss, etc. Not that your attacks necessarily pierce dodge/evade.

In case you find it useful:

The skill "Fingers of chaos" used by the mobs in the old tombs clearly states that: "For 5 secs.... Cannot miss rangers....".

Well, I only have to blind them with "Throw Dirt", and they miss 90% of the times... as always.

lord of Bones
08-02-2006, 21:37
Like I said, nothiing has satisfied my curiosity about the skill yet, and I didn't get a chance to test it in the BWE. I don't think many people would actually use it, unless pierced dodge/evade. I think it would be most useful if it worked both ways, piercing dodge/evade as well as ignoring "miss" from blindness and other such effects. But that's just me =P

Telkandore
11-02-2006, 01:46
Like I said, nothiing has satisfied my curiosity about the skill yet, and I didn't get a chance to test it in the BWE. I don't think many people would actually use it, unless pierced dodge/evade. I think it would be most useful if it worked both ways, piercing dodge/evade as well as ignoring "miss" from blindness and other such effects. But that's just me =P

Way of the Fox is stupid... it works best if you REALLY want to open up an opening strike (or whatever it's called). That's it. If not, it breaks chains because you used another skill.
And you can't do stuff like WotF and follow it with a Repeating Strike out of nowhere and start the chain from there.

This skill is for if you really hate rangers that use Stances and Aegis/Ward of Meelee... Assassins are made to kill Rangers, by the way, in the paper-rock-scissors chain.

lord of Bones
11-02-2006, 09:25
using another "skill" does not break attack chains. Using another attack does, but that's different. You can stick as many different non-attack skills into your attack chains as you want, you just have to land the next attack within 5-10 seconds otherwise the "last attack" function expires and you have to start over.

And I still don't know how it necessarily works, so the jury is out yet for me. :cool: