12-02-2006, 13:26
Couple parts/questions here.

Double Strikes:
1)What exactly is it?
2) What are the base chances of performing one
3) how much does 1 stat in dagger mastery increase the chances of getting one

Critical Hits:
1) how much more damage is done?
2) What is the base chances of performing one?

Is it possible to get a dual strike and get a critical hit on both strikes?
thx for answers, I've been wodnering these for a while now

Kjentei
12-02-2006, 13:38
Erasculio posted up a great Assassin FAQ thread, but I can't find it. :sad:

Erasculio
12-02-2006, 18:22
Erasculio posted up a great Assassin FAQ thread, but I can't find it. :sad:
Ta-da (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=383816), but ironically it doesn't answer most of what Masoj is asking.

Double Strikes

1)What exactly is it?

It's an attack in which you hit your target with both daggers at the same time. Pretty much like two attacks in one.

2) What are the base chances of performing one
3) how much does 1 stat in dagger mastery increase the chances of getting one

The answer to those two is the same. From the description of the Assassin attributes:

Dagger Mastery: Dagger Mastery increase the damage you do with daggers and you chance to inflict a Critical Hit when using a dagger. There is a 2% chance per rank of Dagger Mastery that attacks form your daggers will double strike. Many skills, especially dagger attack skills, become more effective with higher Dagger Mastery.

So, with Dagger Mastery zero, there's a zero chance of doing a double strike. With Dagger Mastery of 16, there's a 32% chance.

Critical Hits

1) how much more damage is done?

That one is in the FAQ, it's better if you just look there considering how it's a kind of long answer.

2) What is the base chances of performing one?

Well, now this one is a complicated one. First, keep in mind the Assassin's attributes again:

Critical Strikes: (Primary Only) For each rank of Critical Strikes you have, you gain an additional 1% chance to Critical Hit. You gain +2 Energy whenever you score a Critical Hit this way.

The base chance depends of your level, your level in the relevant attribute (Dagger Mastery, in this case), and the level of your enemy. Check this topic (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=381984) for more details.

Erasculio

Ekrin
12-02-2006, 19:05
So, with Dagger Mastery zero, there's a zero chance of doing a double strike. With Dagger Mastery of 16, there's a 32% chance.
Are you sure that you dont start out with a base number like you do with critical hits?

Erasculio
12-02-2006, 20:15
Are you sure that you dont start out with a base number like you do with critical hits?
No, I'm not.

I think it is so thanks to the different wordings on both attributes:

For each rank of Critical Strikes you have, you gain an additional 1% chance to Critical Hit.

There is a 2% chance per rank of Dagger Mastery that attacks

To me, it appears that one adds a bonus to something that's already there, while the other creates the chance by itself. But no, I'm not sure about this.

Erasculio

Masoj Hunett
13-02-2006, 02:25
Oh one more thing:

Do you always double strike when using a dual attack?

Ubermancer
13-02-2006, 04:56
Oh one more thing:

Do you always double strike when using a dual attack?

Yes, hence the name.

Sai
13-02-2006, 05:44
Yes, hence the name.

so would this mean you essentialy get the skill twice? i.e. if a dual attack skill adds +10 damage you'll hit for +10 damage with each dagger?

Colretsun Andolin
13-02-2006, 19:36
Critical Strikes: (Primary Only) For each rank of Critical Strikes you have, you gain an additional 1% chance to Critical Hit. You gain +2 Energy whenever you score a Critical Hit this way.

Does this mean that not every critical hit will net you bonus energy? When I started playing the sin I was using Critical Eye hoping for +3 energy for each crit, but I'm fairly certain not all of the critical hits got the +2 critical strikes bonus, but every critical got the +1 bonus from crit eye. Here's the description for critical eye:

Critical Eye: For 10-30 seconds, you have an additional 1-6% chance to land a critical hit when attacking. You gain 1 Energy whenever you score a critical hit.

Difference in wording...anyone have a for sure answer?

Ekrin
13-02-2006, 21:14
so would this mean you essentialy get the skill twice? i.e. if a dual attack skill adds +10 damage you'll hit for +10 damage with each dagger?
I think that it would mean +10 only but it deals the extra "normal" damage that a dual attack would get but im not really sure.

Colretsun Andolin
14-02-2006, 02:19

It adds the +10 damage for each hit, so for instance Death Blossom will deal +20ish damage in an area twice.

Ekrin
14-02-2006, 02:33
It adds the +10 damage for each hit, so for instance Death Blossom will deal +20ish damage in an area twice.
Hmmm conflicting answers...well i will concede to you because you probally paid attention to that ;)