PDA

View Full Version : [Merged] New Mesmer Skills Ideas

Pages : [1] 2

yukito
16-10-2005, 07:55
**EDIT: Tsume here, Just wanted to say that I'm designating yukito's thread here a place for everyone to pour their creative minds into creating new skills for the Mesmer profession. Try to make them practical. Not some ub3r skillz, but just form the ideas you have into what you feel is a well rounded skill. Alright, tuning you back into your regularly scheduled thread now. **

Just a random thought i had:

Lyssa's Balance (E)

If target foe has more energy than you, you gain half the difference (up to your maximum energy), and that foe loses an equal amount. This is an elite skill.

Energy Cost: 5
Recharge: 20 Seconds
Cast Time: 1/4 Second

Just like that Grenths Balance, i thought it would be cool. No attribute of course, unless it was inspiration req 4 50% success rate type of attribute.

Anyone else have any mesmer elite thoughts?

Destregan
16-10-2005, 14:33
Concentration Leak (e)
Hex
For 20 seconds all spells target foe casts cost 1~13 energy extra
Inspiration
20 energy
2 sec cast
30 sec cooldown

Slyness (e)
Hex
For 10~34 seconds whenever target foe attacks or uses a skill you steal 2 energy. Slyness ends when that foe's energy is 0.
Inspiration
10 energy
3 sec cast
30 sec cooldown

Shyness (e)
Hex
For 30 seconds all spells target foe casts have a 25% chance of failing, whenever a spell fails for that foe you gain 1~4 energy
Domination
15 energy
1 sec cast
15 sec cooldown

Arcane Terror (e)
Spell
For 5-17 seconds, one random spell and all spells of the same attribute are disabled for target foe, and Arcane Terror is replaced by one of those spells.
Domination
10 energy
2 second cast
20 second cooldown

Overconfidence (e)
Stance
For 13~39 seconds all interupt spells you cast recharge 10~46% faster
Illusion
10 energy
stance (no cast)
45 seconds cooldown

Lyssa's Glance (e)
Spell
If target foe is casting a spell, that spell is interrupted.
And this foe suffers from Dazed for 5~29 seconds.
Illusion
15 energy
1/4 casting time
20 seconds cooldown

FieryDragoon
16-10-2005, 15:05
[/B]Power Burst [Elite][B]
Cost: 15 E
Recharge: 25 S
Attribute: Domination Magic

Spell. Target foe and all adjacent foes lose 7...15 energy. All foes in that area ( think Putrid Explosion area) take Total Energy Lost x 15 Chaos Damage.

Destregan
16-10-2005, 15:29
i think a spell that does 250 dmg to a party is a lil bit overpowered , 2 mesmers with that spell = dead party =\

galento
16-10-2005, 20:56
Yeah, if you guys put it that way then I guess:

Illusion of Noob
Enchantment
For 30-60 secs, the first foe who attempts to do anything will get the action targeted at the foe's ally. The ally then dies and Illusion of Noob ends. When Illusion of Noob ends, all foes except for that first foe will yell "WTF?" and proceed to leave the game. For each foe that leaves the game, you gain 100 Platinum, 15 Ectoplasms and 15 Obsidian Shards.
Illusion
15 energy
45 seconds cooldown

;)

Shwitz
16-10-2005, 22:50
Just a random thought i had:

Lyssa's Balance (E)

If target foe has more energy than you, you gain half the difference (up to your maximum energy), and that foe loses an equal amount. This is an elite skill.

Just like that Grenths Balance, i thought it would be cool. No attribute of course, unless it was inspiration req 4 50% success rate type of attribute.

Anyone else have any mesmer elite thoughts?

A very nice thought for a new skill, yukito. I like the concept... might be a little risky though with no way to monitor the enemy's energy total. When using Grenth's Balance, you know relatively how much health your target has... there's no such indication with energy.

Patccmoi
17-10-2005, 00:00
Anger

Domination

Elite Hex. For 8..18 seconds, whenever target foe is interrupted, target foe and nearby foes take 10-37 damage and are interrupted.

15 energy
2 sec cast time
10 sec cooldown

Basically, it's a 'hex' Cry of Frustration. You can spam it a little (but it has a high cost) and if you interrupt people it interrupts everyone around at the same time.

Aura of the Leech (lol, could come up with a better name but this one makes me laugh ^^)

Fast Casting (ok, it fits in inspiration, but it would need to be Mesmer only)

Elite Enchantment. Lose all enchantments. For 10..34 seconds, whenever a nearby creature (so friend or foe) casts a spell, you gain that amount of energy. When Aura of the Leech ends, you lose all your energy.

5 energy
1 sec cast time
30 sec cooldown

Notice that this can be kept up at all time (with high enough FC), so if you recast it before its duration is over, you lose all your energy but you keep the enchantment and your energy should go back up really fast (this would be by far the best energy management skill you can have, but with the risk that if it's stripped, you're pretty screwed). An enchantment like that could make Ether Lord much more usable too since losing your energy wouldn't matter that much when it goes back up 'passively' very fast.

Some other ideas up there are nice.

Dammerung
17-10-2005, 01:10
Lyssa's Balance (E)
That brought up something I have notice a while back, don't know if anyone else notice this.
There's Dwayna's Kiss, Light of Dwayna, Balthazar's Aura, Balthazar's Spirit, Grenth's Balance, Melandru's Assault, Melandru's Arrow, and Melandru's Resilience.
But no spell with Lyssa in it? Anet isn't very fair eh? :D

Patccmoi
17-10-2005, 01:31
That brought up something I have notice a while back, don't know if anyone else notice this.
There's Dwayna's Kiss, Light of Dwayna, Balthazar's Aura, Balthazar's Spirit, Grenth's Balance, Melandru's Assault, Melandru's Arrow, and Melandru's Resilience.
But no spell with Lyssa in it? Anet isn't very fair eh? :D

Good point! Never tought of that hehe.

Also always wondered why Melandru's was so angry at enchantments. I guess they're not natural enough...

Ju Smurph
17-10-2005, 04:29

Spell. Target foe and all adjacent foes lose 7...15 energy. All foes in that area ( think Putrid Explosion area) take Total Energy Lost x 15 Chaos Damage.

thats power spike X 100

Dammerung
17-10-2005, 06:43

Spell. Target foe and all adjacent foes lose 7...15 energy. All foes in that area ( think Putrid Explosion area) take Total Energy Lost x 15 Chaos Damage.Actually I think it's more like 3x Energy Surge (Elite) :happy53:

Tsume
17-10-2005, 07:29
GREAT THREAD!!!

Ok. I'm not sticking this, as of now, though I may do so temporarily depending on its popularity. But I am changing the name (hope you don't mind), to encompass the inclusion of all skills.

I would love to see you guys come up with more and more elites and non elites for the Memser profession. You may ask 'Why does he ask this of me?'. Well quite simply, its because the Dev's read this stuff, and it sometimes forms a basis for changes or new additions. And some of these were quite impressive suggestions.

So keep em up. And maybe even I will think of a few. Prolly not.... /casts 'Thinking Cap'......spell fails.

Patccmoi
17-10-2005, 08:39
A normal skill i would LOVE to see someday altough i doubt it can happen...

Confusion

Illusion

For 5-13 seconds, every icon is replaced with question marks (you know, like a black box with ? inside). This would include all hexes, enchantments and condition icons on you and all skills used by opponents (the skills you see used with the progress bar) and your own skill bar.

5/0.25/5

That would be such a GREAT cover hex and would fit so well in Illusion. I doubt it will happen because it's an 'interface' hex which many games seem to ignore but which imo are amongst the coolest. It wouldn't do ANYTHING in itself, except that now the person has no idea what's on him.

Did the guy cast Backfire on me? Or is it Diversion? Or did he just Mind Wrack to scare me off and so that i don't cast IN CASE it's a Diversion? Or did he use a WW and if i don't do anything in the next 3 seconds i'll receive 68 damage?

Yes, allies could tell you what is being CAST by enemies (altough you couldn't see it directly) but it's not like you're sure it's cast on you or like everyone in your team has nothing else to do than tell you what they just used on you at all time. Hell, they could blind you and you'd think it's a hex.

In 8v8 this would add a huge dose of confusion. It could really cost precious seconds to many people and make hexes like Backfire, Diversion and WW stronger and would give Illusion a simily-shutdown hex (cause you'd scare the hell out of casters pretty damn fast and they wouldn't always dare to cast through some hex they don't know).

This is the kind of hexes i'd like to see included for Mesmers. Let us do some REAL confusion. Not just to the toon, but to the player behind too!

ChaosJester
17-10-2005, 08:59
pat, what about the people who have their entire skillbar memorized? if they knew what they were casting, and what the opponents had, it wouldn't be that crippling.

Personally, I would alter it to also change the order of skills on the player's skillbar temporarily, thus preventing penalty avoidance by players who have their skillbar completely memorized. Thus, it acts more like blackout. THey can still cast, and it would only change once per cast, but it should change.

Leese Blacks
17-10-2005, 09:45
Well already posted this in another thread but...

Cramps (Illusion Hex)
15 energy, 2 sec cast, 40 sec cooldown
For 5-15 seconds target suffers 1-3 health degen while they are moving.

Aching Limbs (Elite Illusion Hex)
15 energy, 2 sec cast, 30 sec cooldown

For 5-15 seconds target suffers 4-7 health degen while they are moving.

Would be great VS warriors, kiters, flag carriers...

Varian Regalei
17-10-2005, 15:20
That skill would be heavily overpowered and unfair, Pat. People who are experts at the game will survive the hex easily, while new players will get fed up and quit because of that hex. I for one often already know what the enemy is casting whether or not I can see his skills, and I have all my skills memorized and placed in order of frequency of use. A hex that also REARRANGED your skills while totally blacking out your interface is the epitome of imbalance.

Patccmoi
17-10-2005, 15:21
pat, what about the people who have their entire skillbar memorized? if they knew what they were casting, and what the opponents had, it wouldn't be that crippling.

Personally, I would alter it to also change the order of skills on the player's skillbar temporarily, thus preventing penalty avoidance by players who have their skillbar completely memorized. Thus, it acts more like blackout. THey can still cast, and it would only change once per cast, but it should change.

That would be way too strong, it would be some kind of total shutdown (i mean, really who would want to cast a RANDOM spell from their skill set? Monk wants to spike heal someone, and he uses Remove Hex instead? How the HELL would you take out that hex without even knowing where your hex removal skills are? Keep in mind that this hex could be maintained too. Not to mention that while replacing all icons with a ? mark is relatively simple to program, if you start messing around with random skill placement on the bar, and when the hex is over they come back to where they were, it's gonna be messy.). I mean i EXPECT people to know their skill bar, at least their main skills. What this would do is mainly prevent them to see the cooldown on skills, and for skills that have a 10-30 sec cooldown it can be very annoying not to know when they are ready and having to try them every once in a while just to check. It makes decisions on what to use harder.

I actually think that being 5/0.25/5 is too strong for the way i put it. Maybe make it something like 5/1/10 instead so you can't spam it everywhere (with MoP it could have a pretty long duration and you could easily keep every1 in Confusion in a 4v4 which would give your team a ridiculous advantage). Maybe even 10/1/10 wouldn't be too much.

ChaosJester
17-10-2005, 15:58
Ah.. see, I was thinking you were going for a 'blackout'-style of thing. As it is, I still think 10 sec. recharge is too short, as a few skills would allow 2 mesmers to Confuse entire 8v8 teams. Personally, I would prefer 10 energy, 1-2 sec. cast (I am unsure as to which one would be better, I think 1 sec. might be too fast, but 2 sec. too slow) and a 15-20 sec. recharge, considering that this one can be used as a blackout-style mass shutdown AND will hide cooldown.

kung food
18-10-2005, 12:46
I love thinking up new skills.

Hex Mine
Domination
5e/1/0
Hex Spell: For 5-45 seconds, hex mine does nothing. If hex mine is prematurly ended, target foe takes 15-90 damage.

Mirror Image
Illusion
15e/2/45
Spell: For 10-30 seconds, create a mirrior image of yourself that mimics your actions (but does not actually perform them) and has 25-75% of your health.

Bain of the Controller
Domination
10e/2/15
Spell: Target foe takes 5-30 damage for every undead ally or pet that they control.

Frightful Avatar
Illusion
10e/2/10
Enchantment: For 20-44 seconds, foes adjacent to you attack slower then normal.

Layman Signet
No Attribute
0/2/20
Hex Spell: For 15 seconds, target foe does not gain the inherent bonus of their primary attribute.

Energy Plunder
Inspiration
10e/2/15
Spell: For every condition target foe is suffering, you steal 1-5 energy.

And Finally some joke skills:
Illusion of Self
Illusion
25e/8/60
Elite Spell: Enter into a debate with target foe about the nature of reality and consciousness. Target foe is convinced it does not exist and dissapears without leaving a corpse and can not be revived.

Imaginary Leash
Illusion
5e/1/5
Enchantment: For 20-60 seconds target ally warrior/monk is not able to move farther then 40 feet from nearest ally. :p

FieryDragoon
18-10-2005, 13:46
Signet Of Frustration
0 E
20 S
No Attribute

Skill. For 15 seconds, target foe's skill have a 30% chance of failing.

Disillusioned Spirit [E]
10 E
30 S
Illusion Magic

Hex Spell. For 6...25 seconds, foe moves and attacks 50% slower and suffers a 10% death penalty.

Varian Regalei
18-10-2005, 13:57
Idolatry

Illusion
Cost 10e
Recharge 10s
Cast Time 3s

For 5-15 seconds, spells cast by target foe have a 15% chance of instead targeting the closest character who posesses the highest amount of energy.

Would be an interesting strategy to have a couple guys spreading Idolatry around, while your monks can spell breaker a friendly elementalist to create the condition where 15% of their spells actually fail outright.

Cyrenia
18-10-2005, 14:05
Mantra of Completion {E}

Fast Casting

(Elite Stance) For next 0...16 seconds all mesmer hexes you cast cannot be removed. If an attempt is made at removing them the target foe takes 0...32 damage.

Energy Cost: 10
Cast Time: 1
Recharge time 25

Saela
18-10-2005, 18:51
Beauty

Illision

For 5-12 Seconds, Target foe cannot attack characters of the opposite gender
30 sec cooldown
10 E

Not exactly an uber spell, but would be always fun, and maybe make players think more about the gender of the character they choose. Wouldnt be that great for pve either.

Dellusions of Grandeur

Illusion

For 10 Seconds, Target Foe gains 50-200 additional maximum HP, when Dellusions of Grandeur ends, Target Foe loses 70-300 health.
30 Sec cooldown
15 E

Jester

Domination

For the next 8 seconds, if target foe attempts to attack, the attack strikes themself instead.
5E
10 sec cooldown

False Truths

Inspiration

For the next 3-7 seconds, if target foe casts a spell on an ally, this spell is instead cast upon you
15E
20 Sec Cooldown

yukito
19-10-2005, 01:19
Misfire

Cost:10 energy
Recharge: 30
Cast Time: 2

For 5...10 seconds, if target foe casts a spell on a foe, the attack is redirected to your target's nearest ally. Self-targeting is the last choice. This spell has a 75% chance of failure with less than 10 points in domination magic.

Power Burst <-Elite->

Cost: 10 energy
Recharge: 20 seconds

If target foe is casting a spell that targets an ally, it is instantly redirected to you. If target foe is casting a spell that targets a foe, it is instantly redirected to your target's nearest ally. This spell has a 75% failure with domination magic less than 10.

Two similar skills... effects could be switched around a bit, and balancing issues may be needed, but i think it would be a very fun spell to use against elementalists. Power burst would be fun to use against monks as well, since you could end up healing yourself, or stealing an illusionary weaponry O_o.
The spell would have no effect on restore life however... Maybe ressurect, that would be interesting...

WhiplashMW
19-10-2005, 01:49
Aura of Muse (E)
Illusion Magic
Cast Time 2 seconds
Hex Spell
10 Energy.
20sec recycle
For 5-20 seconds Foe Suffers from 2-6 Health Degen and 1-3 energy degen, you you become dazed for 7-3 seconds. This is an Elite spell

Patccmoi
19-10-2005, 01:54
Aura of Muse
Hex Spell
10 Energy.
20sec recycle
For 5-20 seconds Foe Suffers from 2-6 Health Degen and 1-3 energy degen, you you become dazed for 7-3 seconds. This is an Elite spell

That's like Wither ^ 3 that doesn't end when target's energy hits 0 but you're dazed for 3 whole seconds?

I think that with the strength of that hex, it should be 'you are dazed while hex lasts', which mean it couldn't even be removed while the hex is there. Dazed isn't even such a bad condition for Mesmers if you prepare for it (you can equip most of your skill bar with 0.25-1 sec cast time spells and with FC, even in dazed you got good chances to pull them off).

Reverie Albion
19-10-2005, 02:54
------Ethereal Nightmares-------

If target foe is casting a spell, the spell is interrupted and target foe suffers energy degeneration of 2 for 6-12 seconds. Ethereal Nightmares do not end if energy reaches 0.

10 energy
1/4 sec
15 sec

Domination. Increases duration
Hex spell

---------------------------------

-------Bad Dream---------

Target foes loses 3-7 energy and suffers from 1-2 random conditions (Crippled 15sec, Bleeding 20sec, Weakness 20 sec, Deepwound 20 sec, Poisoned 15sec).

10 energy
2sec
20 sec cooldown

Illusion. Increases energy loss and number of conditions.
Hex spell

------Gluttony (E)------

For 5-12 seconds, all spells casted on target foe cost 1-5 energy more.
This is an Elite skill.

10 energy
1sec
20 cooldown

Inspiration. Increases duration and energy cost increase.

I'm still thinking but I hope that you will like those :happy65:

Regards

synn
19-10-2005, 03:01
Delusions of Grandeur [Elite]
Domination
Hex
For 5 seconds target foe receives energy regen +1. If this hex is broken by the Mesmer spell Shatter Delusions, that spell does 50 ... 100% more damage to the target foe and all surrounding foes (small radius).

10E
1/2s Activation
30s Recharge

GormWolfblade
19-10-2005, 03:44
I too love making up skills, I have so many ideas floating around my head. Some of these of posted previoulsy, some are new.
Illusionary Magic:
Levitation: (C:10e CT: 1 R: 30)
Stance. For (5...20) seconds you move (5...25)% faster and are immune to knockdown. Attacking cancels this skill.
Actually thought of this for another class but thought I'd throw it in here as it kind of fits with Mesmers.

Illusion of Fatigue: (C: 10e CT: 2 R: 30)
Spell. Target foe suffers from exhaustion.
I noticed there's no way to inflict exhaustion on an enemy so thought this would be good. 30 secs is how long exhaustion lasts so you can keep it on someone the whole time if you wanted.

Broken Spirit {ELITE}: (C:25e CT: 2 R: 35)
Spell. For (1...15) seconds any spell used by target foe causes exhaustion. When broken spirit ends, foe loses (1...15) energy.
Might be a bit overpowered, not sure, but treat it like backfire.

Arrogance: (C:15e CT: 3 R: 35)
Hex Spell. For (3...15) seconds target foe attack speed is increased 15% but does not accept any healing from other allies.
the idea is the enemy thinks he's good enough by himself ;). He can still heal himself though.

Domination Magic:
Unforgiveness: (C:15 CT:3 R:40)
Spell. Target foe corpse cannot be ressurected by any means for another 8-40 seconds.
with max domination you can keep an enemy out for the rest of the game if you wanted too, makes enemies think twice about dying! lol

Apathy: (C:15 CT:2 R:20)
Hex Spell. For 2-14 seconds any spells target foe casts that target another ally takes twice as long to cast.
doesn't affect offensive casting or casting on themselves but makes it hard to be a healer without remiving it.

Mage's Folly (C:15 CT: 1 R: 25)
Hex. For 10-15 seconds any time target foe casts an aoe spell that an ally is standing within range of its effect, target foe loses 2-7 energy or the ally recieves the damage.
basically, target foes aoe attacks affect everyone. However that damage can be prevented if the caster has the energy available to prevent the damage. this works on all aoes (from fire storm to energy spike to feast of corruption)

Inspiration Magic:
Tolerance: (C:15e CT:2 R: 30)
Hex Spell. For (5...20) seconds target foe only deals 50% damage in combat but also only recieves 50% damage.
casting it on a dangerous enemy that isn't the current target to lessen his effectiveness, great for dealing with spikers.

yukito
19-10-2005, 06:06
Heh... just thought of this now, messing with opponents UI:

Illusion Hex

Blank Mind
Energy: 10
Recharge: 15

Target foe's energy bar is hidden from view for 5...18 seconds. During this time, you experience health degeneration of 2.

The side effect is a bit like malaise... otherwise it would be too cheap in conjunction with mantra of persistence and arcane echo or something.

Illusion Hex

Mixed Signals ELITE

Target foe's health bar is hidden from view of foe's entre team for 5...18 seconds. During this time, you experience health degeneration of 2.

Heh heh heh... combined, you can screw over monks... too cheap? ...Maybe one or two of them should be made domination hexes...

Domination Hex... perhaps this is a little crazy, but it could potentially work...

Depression

For every dead foe in the area, target foe gains health degeneration of 1...3 for 5...15 seconds.

The opposite of IWAY. Perhaps a counter?

sunsmoon
19-10-2005, 07:58
Illusion of Power
Description: For 10...30 seconds your health and energy are increased by 10..50 and 1..5, respectively. Illusion of Power cannot be used in conjunction with an Illusion Enchantment. When Illusion of Power ends all creatures in the area take 10 damage for every point of energy you have.
Activation Time: 2 Seconds.
Recharge Time: 60 Seconds.
Linked Attribute: Illusion Magic. Increases amount of health and energy gained.
Skill Type: Enchantment Spell.

Roughly gives the effects of a 10% morale boost, but with a price when it ends.

azunder
19-10-2005, 11:59
Setback
Description: Interrupt target foe's action. That skill instantly recharges and that foe gains energy equal to that skill's cost.
Energy Cost: 5...3
Activation Time: 3/4 sec.
Recharge: 10...4 seconds.
Linked Attribute: Fast Casting. Decreases casting cost and recharge time.
Skill Type: Spell.

Incompetence
Description: Target foe gets -1...5 to all attributes for 8...15 seconds.
Activation Time: 2
Recharge: 20.
Linked Attribute: Domination. Increases duration and attribute decrease.
Skill Type: Hex Spell.

Submission
Description: For 15 seconds all domination hexes cast on target foe last 10...50% longer.
Energy Cost: 15
Linked Attribute: Inspiration. Increases duration.

Single-mindedness
Description: For 5...15 seconds, target foe gets +5 to the attribute of the next skill he uses but cannot use skills from other attributes.
Linked Attribute: Domination. Increases duration.

Patccmoi
19-10-2005, 16:16
Setback
Description: Interrupt target foe's action. That skill instantly recharges and that foe gains energy equal to that skill's cost.
Energy Cost: 5...3
Activation Time: 3/4 sec.
Recharge: 10...4 seconds.
Linked Attribute: Fast Casting. Decreases casting cost and recharge time.
Skill Type: Spell.

Incompetence
Description: Target foe gets -1...5 to all attributes for 8...15 seconds.
Recharge: 20.
Linked Attribute: Domination. Increases duration and attribute decrease.

Submission
Description: For 15 seconds all domination hexes cast on target foe last 10...50% longer.
Linked Attribute: Inspiration. Increases duration.

Single-mindedness
Description: For 5...15 seconds, target foe gets +5 to the attribute of the next skill he uses but cannot use skills from other attributes.
Linked Attribute: Domination. Increases duration.

I gotta say Setback and Single-Mindedness are some of the most interesting skills i saw here.

Keep in mind for Setback that absolutely no skills have variation in cooldown or energy cost with attributes, so i doubt this would be done.

But something like 5/0.25/5 would be nice, and you could do instead 'target foe gains 100..52(36)% of the energy the spell costs'

It would be the best interrupt for spammability, but since it nearly only 'interrupts' and does nothing else it won't be too strong imo. Also, would only be really good for Mesmers since they would be the only ones making target lose energy after the interrupt while every other class using the interrupt would give the target 100% of the energy back. This is honestly a skill i'd LOVE to see and one of the best ideas yet imo.

Immortal Fist
19-10-2005, 18:37
Lyssa's Inspiration {Elite}
For 5...10 seconds, you gain +1...3 energy regeneration for every hex on target foe. This is an elite Skill.

Cast Time: 1 second
Recharge Time: 45 seconds
Attribute: Inspiration (Increases duration and energy regeneration.

Bit strong, I agree, but It would be SO cool. :P

Or even...

Lyssa's Balance

For 30 seconds, you gain 5 energy every time you use a hex.

FieryDragoon
20-10-2005, 14:14
Forced Repeating[Elite]
Cost: 25 E
Activation: 1/4 S
Recharge: 30 S
Domination Magic

Spell. Forced Repeating interrupts skills and forces foe to repeat that skill for 5...10 seconds. That skill has no recharge time but Forced Repeating ends when foe can no longer use the skill because of a lack of energy.

If you Backfire then Forced Repeating a spell, consider that target dead.

Lyssa's Blessing[Elite]
Activation: 1/2 S
Recharge: 30 S
Fast Castig

Enchantment Spell. If target ally's health is under 50%, that ally's skills activate instantly and cost 1...5 less Energy to cast. Lyssa's Blessing ends after 7...20 seconds or when ally goes above 75...90% health.

Rizzy
20-10-2005, 19:02
Redo signet of midnight.

Touched target foe is blinded for 30 seconds
You are blinded for 15 seconds.

Energy cost : N/a
Recharge : 15 seconds.
This is an elite skill.

The fact that you need to run up to the bugger to blind him as a spell caster is reason enough :/

The Catfish
21-10-2005, 00:17
I think more "Illusion of X" spells would be nifty.

Illusion of Intellect
FC
10e
1s cast
5s recharge
For (5..12) seconds, you are no longer dazed and your spells are cast 50% faster. When Illusion of Intellect ends, you become dazed for 15 seconds.

Illusion of Vitality
Illusion
10e
1s cast
5s recharge
For (5..12) seconds, you are no longer bleeding, diseased, or poisoned and gain health regeneration of 9. When Illusion of Vitality ends, you become bleeding, diseased, and poisoned.

Illusion of Defense
Illusion
10e
1s cast
5s recharge
For (5..12) seconds, you do not suffer the affects of armor penalties and gain +40 armor. When Illusion of Defense ends, you suffer an armor penalty of -40 for 10 seconds.

Illusion of Vigor
Illusion
10e
1s cast
5s recharge
For (5..12) seconds, you no longer suffer from deep wound and gain 150 max health. When Illusion of Vigor ends, you suffer from a deep wound.

Illusion of Confidence
Illusion
10e
1s cast
5s recharge
For (5..12) seconds, you do not suffer the affect of Death Penalty and gain a +10 morale boost. When Illusion of Confidence ends, you suffer an additional -10 Death Penalty for 10 seconds. Death Penalties caused by Illusion of Confidence are not cumulative.

Illusion of Wisdom
Illusion
10e
1s cast
5s recharge
For (5..12) seconds, you do not suffer the affects of exhaustion and gain +15 max energy. When Illusion of Wisdom ends, you suffer from exhaustion

These are all based off Illusion of Haste, with similar strengths and drawbacks. You lose a negative effect/condition and gain the corresponding bonus. You can keep it up perpetually for the bonus, but that has a steep energy cost. And when you eventually stop keeping it up, you have to suffer.

Illusion of Frailty
Illusion
10e
2s cast
30s recharge
You lose (50..250) health. When Illusion of Frailty ends, you gain (1..16) seconds of health generation of 10. Illusion of Frailty ends if your health falls below 33%.

Illusion of Weakness, but with regen instead of an instant bonus. Better over time and it counters degen, but not as good against spikes.

Illusionary Armor [Elite]
15e
1s cast
40s recharge
For 30 seconds, you take no damage in melee, but whenever you are attacked in melee you take (42..14) damage.

The counterpart to Illusionary Weaponry. Good counter if your getting spiked. Very bad at low levels.

IPlayGuildWars
21-10-2005, 01:44
Atrophy
Hex spell
Illusion Linked
15 Energy
1 Casting time
20 Sec recharge

For 3...15 seconds, target foe cannot move and suffers 1...3 health degeneration. This spell causes exhaustion.

Lyssa's Trump Card:
Elite spell
Illusion + Domination linked
30 Energy
5 second cast
20 second cooldown
Create a copy of target foe with (Illusion)33%...120% of that foe's health, with you as it's master. That foe deals (Illusion)25%...100% of the damage that target foe could deal. You may only have (Domination)1...4 copies of any foe up at one time. These copies die after (Illusion) 30...120 seconds. When you die, these copies die. This spell causes exhaustion. While casting this spell, you are easily interrupted. You may not cast any other spell for (Domination) 10...3 seconds.

I dunno =/
I made the last spell cause I want to see something that makes you spec in two attributes.

Dammerung
21-10-2005, 03:45
Well why don't I give this a try too...

Stage
Inspiration
5 energy, 1 cast, 5 recharge
Spell. For 7 to 23 sec if this spell is cast on an ally it does nothing and count as a hex, if this spell is cast on a foe it does nothing and count as an enchantment.
(what you do with it is all up to you ;) )

Chaotic Prelude
Fast Cast
10 energy, 2 cast, 30 recharge
Enchantment spell. For the next 15 to 47 seconds all your Mesmer attributes are increased by 1 to 3.
(As if our runes are not cheap enough XD)

Shatter Condition
Domination
15 energy, 1 cast, 10 recharge
Spell. Removes a condition from an ally, if a condition is removed enemies near that ally takes 30 to 126 damage.
(Works exactly like Shatter Hex but for conditions :D )

Drain Condition
Inspiration
5 energy, 1 cast, 20 recharge
Spell. Remove a condition from an ally, if a condition is remove you gain 3 to 16 energy.
(A lot like Inspired Hex, but you don't get to use the condition, and if you "miss" you eat the cool down)

Betrayal
Domination
10 energy, 2 cast, 20 recharge
Hex spell. For 8 seconds it does nothing, when Betrayal ends foes near the target take 20 to 84 damage.
(Damage might be too high, not too sure)

Tragedy
Illusion
10 energy, 2 cast, 15 recharge
Hex spell. For the next 6 to 22 seconds target foe's action has a 30% chance of failure.
(I am not very good at setting timers :D )

That's all for now.

YellowLab
21-10-2005, 04:44
Deflection
Illusion Enchantment
EC - 15, AT - 2, RC - 20
For 5-10 seconds, the next successful offensive spell on target other ally rebounds back to caster and Deflection ends

or

Redirect
Domination Hex
EC - 15, AT - 2, RC - 20
For 5-10 seconds, the next successful defensive spell on target foe is targeted on nearest ally and Redirect ends.

Disarm
Domination Hex
EC - 15, AT - 2, RC - 15
For 3-10 seconds, the next time target foe attacks he is disarmed (can not reequip or change weapons) for 1-16 seconds.

Bond of Loyalty {Elite}
Domination Hex
EC - 25, AT - 2, RC - 30
For 5-13 seconds, all offensive actions of target foe are redirected to nearest foe and all defensive actions of target foe are redirected to nearest ally. For each redirected action you loose 5-3 energy or Bond of Loyalty ends.
(probably more suited to Necro's. LoL - Monk's couldn't even remove it themselves as that spell would be redirected)

YL

azunder
21-10-2005, 05:41
Shatter Condition
Domination
15 energy, 1 cast, 10 recharge
Spell. Removes a condition from an ally, if a condition is removed enemies near that ally takes 30 to 126 damage.
(Works exactly like Shatter Hex but for conditions :D )

Drain Condition
Inspiration
5 energy, 1 cast, 20 recharge
Spell. Remove a condition from an ally, if a condition is remove you gain 3 to 16 energy.
(A lot like Inspired Hex, but you don't get to use the condition, and if you "miss" you eat the cool down)

Whee, combine those with Signet of Midnight or Illusion of Haste.

YellowLab
21-10-2005, 19:20
Here is another idea:

Arcane Intervention {Elite}
Fast Casting Enchantment
EC - 5
AT - 2
RC - 15
The next spell you cast has an activation time of 0 and cannot be interrupted. This spell takes an additional 30..10 seconds to recharge. All other spell effects remain unchanged.

YL

The Catfish
21-10-2005, 23:55
Arcane Intervention {Elite}
Fast Casting Enchantment
EC - 5
AT - 2
RC - 15
The next spell you cast has an activation time of 0 and cannot be interrupted. This spell takes an additional 30..10 seconds to recharge. All other spell effects remain unchanged.

Too similar to Glyph of Sacrifice for my taste

Here's another one:

Elemental Feedback
Domination
10e
1s cast
30s recharge
Spell. If target foe is attuned to Fire, Air, Earth, or Water, that foe takes (10..90) damage and becomes dazed for (1..10) seconds.

Dammerung
22-10-2005, 00:45
Too similar to Glyph of Sacrifice for my taste

Here's another one:

Elemental Feedback
Domination
10e
1s cast
30s recharge
Spell. If target foe is attuned to Fire, Air, Earth, or Water, that foe takes (10..90) damage and becomes dazed for (1..10) seconds.
What if they have Elemental Attunement (Elite) on? Do they get slap 4 times? :surprise: or zero.

Nobleman Azure
22-10-2005, 08:04
Illusion Magic

----------------
Bewilderment

15en
2sec cast
20sec rec

Remove all preparations from target. 50% failure chance with illusion magic <7
----------------
Obliviousness

10en
1sec cast
10sec rec

For 2-15 seconds, hexed target do not see enchantments and hexes currently applied to him/her.
----------------
Misconceptions

10en
1sec cast
10sec rec

For 5-30 seconds, hexed target see damage numbers and heals that incorrectly represent the actual damage and heals made or taken.
----------------
Flaw of Estimations

10en
1sec cast
15sec rec

For 1-15 seconds, hexed target's radar is replaced with an inaccurate radar with misrepresented markers and cannot see target names by holding ctrl or alt.

when it says illusion magic, it IS illusion magic.

Patccmoi
22-10-2005, 08:28
Illusion Magic

----------------
Bewilderment

15en
2sec cast
20sec rec

Remove all preparations from target. 50% failure chance with illusion magic <7
----------------
Obliviousness

10en
1sec cast
10sec rec

For 2-15 seconds, hexed target do not see enchantments and hexes currently applied to him/her.
----------------
Misconceptions

10en
1sec cast
10sec rec

For 5-30 seconds, hexed target see damage numbers and heals that incorrectly represent the actual damage and heals made or taken.
----------------
Flaw of Estimations

10en
1sec cast
15sec rec

For 1-15 seconds, hexed target's radar is replaced with an inaccurate radar with misrepresented markers and cannot see target names by holding ctrl or alt.

when it says illusion magic, it IS illusion magic.

Hehe, Obliviousness is similar to my Confusion. That's really the kind of skills i'd want to see for Illusion magic too. Some REAL illusion, and let's see them fight totally confused. Would be even worse for PvE than now tough ^^

Nobleman Azure
22-10-2005, 08:35
Hehe, Obliviousness is similar to my Confusion. That's really the kind of skills i'd want to see for Illusion magic too. Some REAL illusion, and let's see them fight totally confused. Would be even worse for PvE than now tough ^^

true, but now it would really define what illusion is for. perhaps it will make the monster go "duh" mode for a few seconds when you apply these hexes on them.

duh mode as in just standing there doing nothing. (an effect of being confused lol)

Bleaked
24-10-2005, 05:39
How come no-one has suggested these yet? :confused:

Perhaps they're too obvious...anyway...

Inspiration Magic

Mantra of Darkness

15 energy, 0 casting time, 20s recharge

Stance. For (Min: 30 - Max: 90) seconds, Whenever you take shadow damage, the damage is reduced by (Min: 26% - Max: 50%) and you gain 1 Energy.

Mantra of Chaos

Stance. For (Min: 30 - Max: 90) seconds, Whenever you take chaos damage, the damage is reduced by (Min: 26% - Max: 50%) and you gain 1 Energy.

Mantra of Divinity

Stance. For (Min: 30 - Max: 90) seconds, Whenever you take holy damage, the damage is reduced by (Min: 26% - Max: 50%) and you gain 1 Energy.

And, to prove that I'm not *that* non-creative...

Arcane Communion {Elite}

20 energy, 2 casting time, 25s recharge

Elite Skill. For (Min: 10 - Max: 18) seconds, whenever you use a Mantra, all allies in the area already not in a stance, take that stance, regardless of class.

Aurius Shadorin
10-11-2005, 21:54
I don't think I've seen any ideas around affected the recharge of other's skills, so here's a couple of ideas...

Sluggish Memory
Domination

Hex. For 4..12 seconds, target foe's spells cast during this time take 15-40% longer to recharge.

15 energy
2 sec cast time
25 sec cooldown

Fatigued Body
Domination

Hex. For 4..12 seconds, target foe's skilled attacks during this time take 15-40% longer to recharge.

15 energy
2 sec cast time
25 sec cooldown

Absynthe Vapor
Domination

Spell. Create a fog of Absynthe Vapor at target foe's location. For 8..18 seconds, enemies near this location take 15-40% longer to recharge any skills they use.

15 energy
2 sec cast time
20 sec cooldown

Skills such as these won't prevent the enemy from using any of their skills like Power Block or Blackout, nor do they slow down a cast like AC or Migraine making it easier to interrupt. I think it is a good way to prevent them from spamming fast recharge skills (like Flare, Water Trident or Orison). Sort of a mini diversion, but on a subset of their spells or attacks that doesn't delay quite as much instead of affecting one skill greatly. Actually, I just checked Flare and it doesn't have a recharge. Does that mean Diversion doesn't affect it? That would be an easy way to bust through it if you are hexed.

Anyway, the stats I used are all arbitrary, it's more the idea of it that I like. Additionally, with the case of Vapor, it's not a very noticable effect. If you can't see that you are standing in it or aren't paying attention to your skillbar, you may not even know you're being affected. There would be no health or energy numbers popping up to alert you.

Patccmoi
10-11-2005, 22:20
I don't think I've seen any ideas around affected the recharge of other's skills, so here's a couple of ideas...

Sluggish Memory
Domination

Hex. For 4..12 seconds, target foe's spells cast during this time take 15-40% longer to recharge.

15 energy
2 sec cast time
25 sec cooldown

Fatigued Body
Domination

Hex. For 4..12 seconds, target foe's skilled attacks during this time take 15-40% longer to recharge.

15 energy
2 sec cast time
25 sec cooldown

Absynthe Vapor
Domination

Spell. Create a fog of Absynthe Vapor at target foe's location. For 8..18 seconds, enemies near this location take 15-40% longer to recharge any skills they use.

15 energy
2 sec cast time
20 sec cooldown

Skills such as these won't prevent the enemy from using any of their skills like Power Block or Blackout, nor do they slow down a cast like AC or Migraine making it easier to interrupt. I think it is a good way to prevent them from spamming fast recharge skills (like Flare, Water Trident or Orison). Sort of a mini diversion, but on a subset of their spells or attacks that doesn't delay quite as much instead of affecting one skill greatly. Actually, I just checked Flare and it doesn't have a recharge. Does that mean Diversion doesn't affect it? That would be an easy way to bust through it if you are hexed.

Anyway, the stats I used are all arbitrary, it's more the idea of it that I like. Additionally, with the case of Vapor, it's not a very noticable effect. If you can't see that you are standing in it or aren't paying attention to your skillbar, you may not even know you're being affected. There would be no health or energy numbers popping up to alert you.

Diversion affects flare. Diversion isn't % based, it's 'add +x seconds to recharge'. So Flare having 0 recharge gets exactly the diversion time as a recharge.

Augustus Del Szay
12-11-2005, 05:00
Persuation

Illusion Magic

Activaton Time: 1/4 Second
Recharge Time: 5 Seconds

For 4-20 seconds, each time target foe attacks or casts a spell, foe looses 20-60 health.

Adrenaline Kick

Hex

Activation Time: 1/4 Second
Recharge Time: 15 Seconds

For 10 seconds foe and adjactent(?) foes run 25% faster but take 50% more damage.

Illness

Hex

Activation Time: 5 Seconds
Recharge Time: 10 Seconds

For 10 seconds, target foe suffers from a 3-15/second health degeneration. When Illness ends, foe and adjactent(?) foes loose 5 energy.

Augustus Del Szay
12-11-2005, 05:14
Imaginary Wings

Illusion Magic

During 5-10 seconds target foe runs 33% faster. When Imaginary Wings ends, foe looses 33% of current health.

(Falls down on ground after flying.. :P)

Handicap

Domination Magic

Recharge Tíme: 30 Seconds

During 5-25 seconds, one of target foes skills is disabled. If the skill was in use, foe looses 20-80 health.

BunnyLord
12-11-2005, 06:47
Here are my ideas: But I made them all elites :happy05:

Lyssa's Love {Elite}
Illusion Magic
Activation Time: 1
Recast: 15
- for 2-14 seconds, target for experiences Health Degeneration of 5 which u gain as an energy regeneration.

Hindrance {Elite}
Illusion Magic
Energy Cost: 25
Activation Time: 3
Recast: 30
- for 2-14, target foe can't move or attack.
(this will be to painful I think, but a good anti-warrior/ranger)

Telekinesis {Elite}
Domination Magic
Activation Time: 4
Recast: 30
- All foes in the area are knocked down for 1-4 seconds and looses 5 energy.

Ricochet {Elite Enchantment}
Inspiration
Activation Time: 3
Recast: 10
- for 8-20 seconds, whenever target ally is hit by an attack, that ally steals 1-5 energy. For each energy lost that enemy suffers 5 damage.
(its kinda like spirit of failure w/o the "missing" factor + energy burn. I think enemies will think twice before attacking)

Augustus Del Szay
12-11-2005, 06:50
telekenesis costs a little bit too much energy in my point of view...

Augustus Del Szay
12-11-2005, 17:38
Energy Boost

Domination Magic

Spell

Activation Time: 2 Seconds

Loose 25% of max health and gain 10-25 energy.

Love Kiss [Elite]

Illusion Magic

Hex

Target foe is interupted, if the interupted action was a skill: this skill is blocked for 10-20 Seconds

Blackout

Illusion Magic

Hex

Energy Cost: 20
Recharge Time: 30 Seconds

All target foes skills are blocked for 5-10 seconds. This hex can not be unhexed(?).

Flashback [Elite?]

Illusion Magic

Hex

Recharge Time: 20 Seconds

For 10-20 seconds, target foe suffers from 5-10 health degereneration and looses all energy. If target foe is healed, foe runs 33% slower.

BunnyLord
13-11-2005, 01:50
Energy Boost

Domination Magic

Spell

Love Kiss [Elite]

Illusion Magic

Hex

Target foe is interupted, if the interupted action was a skill: this skill is blocked for 10-20 Seconds

Blackout

Illusion Magic

Hex

All target foes skills are blocked for 5-10 seconds. This hex can not be unhexed(?).

Flashback [Elite?]

Illusion Magic

Hex

For 10-20 seconds, target foe suffers from 5-10 health degereneration and looses all energy. If target foe is healed, foe runs 33% slower.

There's already a blackout spell for domination magic.

Augustus Del Szay
13-11-2005, 01:57
There's already a blackout spell for domination magic.

which one? i never saw any...

Archedgar
13-11-2005, 02:51
I'm pretty sure I'll get suspended since Tsume is gunning for me, but I'll take the punishment.

For the love of god people, its spelled :

LOSE

... not 'loose'(as in the opposite of tight).

FieryDragoon
13-11-2005, 02:54
Energy Boost

Domination Magic

Spell

Love Kiss [Elite]

Illusion Magic

Hex

Blackout

Illusion Magic

Hex

Flashback [Elite?]

Illusion Magic

Hex

Are you trying to give these skills a Mesmer-feel? Because they are extremely similar to other skills.

Energy Boost-> Offering Of Blood
Love Kiss-> Disrupting Chop/Lunge / Distracting Shot
Blackout -> Blackout

Flashback is neat though. But it think it's really cheap ( energy cost) for its potential. Decrease its activation time, increase the energy cost and recharge time and it would be viable. Losing all energy and receiving 10 Health Degen would completely any caster character. Considering you can throw it out every 25 seconds...Also, the 5 second activation time is a bad time...

Edit: Archedgar, it's not spelled, it's Spelt

Archedgar
13-11-2005, 03:01
Edit: Archedgar, it's not spelled, it's Spelt

Nice try, but if you look it up in the dictionary, spelled and spelt are both correct.

FieryDragoon
13-11-2005, 03:11
Nice try, but if you look it up in the dictionary, spelled and spelt are both correct.

Really? Must go check it out one of these days...I would now, but my brain told my body to move and my body just laughed...

Edit: There really is a word "Spelled" I really learn new stuff everyday...

Arcane Vortex [Elite]
Cost: 20 E
Recharge Time: 40 Seconds

Hex Spell. For 10...22 seconds, target foe and all adjacent foes lose 2 energy everytime a spell is cast. If Arcane Vortex is directly removed through a spell ( i.e Smite Hex/Remove Hex but not Holy Veil for instance), it drains 10 Energy from whoever removed it.

borkbork
13-11-2005, 03:33
Hm... an skill that would cause mayhem on the battlefields:

Phantasmal Images

Illusion Magic
Cost: 15E
Skill. Create 1-6 images around you. These images vanish when targeted by an enemy spell or attack. These images vanish after 30-60 seconds.

When you use this skill, I'm picturing several copies of your avatar popping out so your opponents will have to guess which image is actually your character. When they cycle through enemies using tab, all the images will have your same name to add to the confusion.

The images will follow you around like henchies, but you and the images will keep blinking so it's harder to tell which one is the 'real' thing.

Augustus Del Szay
13-11-2005, 03:41
borkbork

this is a serious forum (not like life and death but...)

please take your silly jokes somewhere else...

Archedgar
13-11-2005, 03:42

Phantasmal Images

Illusion Magic
Skill. Create 1-6 images around you. These images vanish when targeted by an enemy spell or attack. These images vanish after 30-60 seconds.

That would be a lovely skill, it would have to be elite though, and they would have to have the same casting animation as the mesmer when he is casting, otherwise it would be easy to tell them apart, also the 'wanding' animation as well.

Augustus Del Szay
13-11-2005, 04:12
That would be a lovely skill, it would have to be elite though, and they would have to have the same casting animation as the mesmer when he is casting, otherwise it would be easy to tell them apart, also the 'wanding' animation as well.

if they look like you.. its pretty basic that they move and do everything just like you...

FieryDragoon
13-11-2005, 05:01
borkbork

this is a serious forum (not like life and death but...)

please take your silly jokes somewhere else...

At least he tried instead of ripping off skills cough OFFERING OF BLOOD = ENERGY BOOST cough

Archedgar
13-11-2005, 05:36
if they look like you.. its pretty basic that they move and do everything just like you...

Yes, but that's not what I meant.

I meant that they would , simultaneously trigger casting animation and 'wanding' animation when the 'original' mesmer did so. It would be amusing to see, and it would be necesary for the spell to be effective, I'm all 'for' some sort of Mirror Image elite for mesmers.

Augustus Del Szay
13-11-2005, 06:01
Yes, but that's not what I meant.

I meant that they would , simultaneously trigger casting animation and 'wanding' animation when the 'original' mesmer did so. It would be amusing to see, and it would be necesary for the spell to be effective, I'm all 'for' some sort of Mirror Image elite for mesmers.

oooh... so you ment sim***eously! ok.. :P

smartchicken
15-11-2005, 05:46

Phantasmal Images

Illusion Magic

When you use this skill, I'm picturing several copies of your avatar popping out so your opponents will have to guess which image is actually your character. When they cycle through enemies using tab, all the images will have your same name to add to the confusion.

The images will follow you around like henchies, but you and the images will keep blinking so it's harder to tell which one is the 'real' thing.

Hmm...Looks like it will create havoc in PVP,8vs8...if we got 8 people using Me/R, with pets into the battle. And everyone of us casting Phantasmal Images, 8x6=48fake images, pets=8, real self player=8, and TOTAL up = 64 targets.
I Wonder how long does the enemy need to take to scroll through the call target list...... :happy59:

Augustus Del Szay
16-11-2005, 13:29
Hmm...Looks like it will create havoc in PVP,8vs8...if we got 8 people using Me/R, with pets into the battle. And everyone of us casting Phantasmal Images, 8x6=48fake images, pets=8, real self player=8, and TOTAL up = 64 targets.
I Wonder how long does the enemy need to take to scroll through the call target list...... :happy59:

seems like a good spell to me... but it would own exactly all other team builds...

Augustus Del Szay
16-11-2005, 13:34
At least he tried instead of ripping off skills cough OFFERING OF BLOOD = ENERGY BOOST cough

when I posted that post, I didnt even have a mesmer...

after another thread here I started with a mesmer, I had no fr****ng idea of what mesmers had for kind of skills... now I'm playing mesmer 50% of the time that I play GW... (the other 50% i play on an PvP IWAY warrior :happy14: ) so now I actually check out all of the spells BEFORE writing anything about any kinds of spells.. :P

Augustus Del Szay
16-11-2005, 13:37
A very nice thought for a new skill, yukito. I like the concept... might be a little risky though with no way to monitor the enemy's energy total. When using Grenth's Balance, you know relatively how much health your target has... there's no such indication with energy.

atleast you can guess... :P

despondence
16-11-2005, 21:14
I would like to see that Panic have additional ability of ending any stance and preventing targets from entering stances

True Heart
15-01-2006, 06:56
Signet of Fear: Domination Magic

Elite Signet: For 10...18 seconds Target Foe Cannot use stances or block incoming attacks

Recharge Time: 45 seconds
Cast Time: 2 Seconds

Violence: Domination Magic 10 Energy

Elite Hex Spell: For 5...14 Seconds Target Foe attacks 33% faster and gains 20% more Adreline in combat, but suffers energy degen of 1...3 and is healed for 15...40% less health.

Recharge Time: 35 Seconds
Cast Time: 3 Seconds

Selfishness: Illusion Magic 15 Energy

Elite Hex Spell: For 9...19 Seconds Target Foe Cannot Be targeted by alllies for spells.

Recharge Time: 60 Seconds
Cast Time: 5 Seconds

nothing special
15-01-2006, 07:31
Great ideas!

With recharge times like that however, very few people would use that as thier elite I think.

The idea of Selfishness is great, the only way to remove the hex would be if that character carried hex removal on them, though the name is misleading. IMHO, selfishness would be really funny for monks if all spells they attempt to cast that target allies effects them instead, though it doesn't have to be elite.

Signet of fear would be awesome if it blocked shouts as well, we have no real skills that stop many of those non-spells

I would probably use violence if it also stopped them from using skills, or you buffed it slightly. I also think calling it mindless violence, making the target attack the closest person, friend or foe

Zohariel
15-01-2006, 12:24
Muse's Promise
15 energy, 2 second casting, 20 second recharge
Enchantment Spell. Target ally gains 33% extra attack power and speed for 3...10 seconds, but cannot use skills. (Illusion)

Derisive Laughter
10 energy, 1 second casting, 10 second recharge
Spell. If target foe was using a skill, that foe is interrupted. You take 40...8 damage unless that skill was a spell. (Domination)

Nightmare Visions
10 energy, 2 second casting, 20 recharge
For every Necromancer hex on target foe, that foe suffers from health degeneration of 2 for 4...12 seconds.

Popoy
21-01-2006, 10:13
Repulse
Casting Time: 3/4
Recharge Time: 5
Skill Type: Spell
Attribute: Domination. 50% failure with 7 Domination or less.
Interrupt target's action. This spell cause exhaustion.

Mantra of Disruption
Casting Time: -
Recharge Time: 25
Skill Type: Stance
Attribute: Inspiration. 50% failure with 7 Inspiration or less.
For 7...17/21 seconds, whenever you interrupt a skill, that skill is disabled for an additional 1..8/10 seconds.

Arcane Resolve
Casting Time: 2
Skill Type: Hex
Attribute: Inspiration. 50% failure with 7 Inspiration or less.
For 6...14/18 seconds, foes under this hex cannot be interrupted. Whenver that foe casts a spell, you gain 1...3/5 energy.

Seal: Movement
Casting Time: 1
Attribute: Illusion
If target foe's movement is slowed due to another hex, that foe cannot move for 0...5/7 seconds.

Seal: Aggression
Casting Time: 2
If target foes is under 3 hexes or more, that foe cannot attack for 0...9/11 seconds.

mesmer of zada
21-01-2006, 21:05
how about....
Brain Damage
After 3 seconds if target foe doesn't use a skill target foe loses 3-15 energy

Kinda like Wastrel's Worry but foe loses energy

RowenaSp
22-01-2006, 01:04
Maze of the Mind (Illusion Magic)

Every 2 seconds abilitites on targets skill bar are randomly shuffled. Last (2...8) seconds.

borkbork
22-01-2006, 02:22
I wouldn't mind having a skill/spell/hex that shuffles Attribute points on an enemy target. :D

Imagine a Mo/Me heal monk's points getting shoved into domination/illusion for a few seconds or so!

Adine Kara
22-01-2006, 15:02
i dident read all so if any of these are in there already sry

Reversed Polarity -Hex
Domination
Cast time:3 Sec
Recharge: 20
Energy:15
Enchantments cast by target foe take on the oposite effect for the rest of their duration. Target foe suffers __ damage per enchantment when Reversed Polarity ends

These 2 are based on Energy surge and energy burn as far as dammage is concerned so think in that range .

Adrenaline Surge -Elete Hex
Domination
Cast Time: 5 seconds
Recharge :25 seconds
Energy:10

Target foe and ajacent foes lose all adreniline and suffers __damage for each point of adreniline lost. Target foe suffers blindness for 10 seconds .

Adreniline Burn -Hex
Domination
Cast Time: 2 seconds
Recharge Time:20 seconds
Energy:10

Target foe loses all adreniline and suffers __damage for each point of adreniline lost. Target foe suffers blindness for 10 seconds .

Lyssas Boon-Elete Spell
Energy:15
Cast Time: 3
Recharge Time: 30

All of target foes energy(or your maximum if they have more than it) is transfered to you . Spells you cast take twice as long for 10 seconds

daemonk
13-02-2006, 10:10
A new class of "diversion" type spells that changes the targets of your enemies.

Some example skills:
Arcane Confusion: 2 seconds cast. For 5-10 seconds whenever foe uses an offensive spell, the spell targets a random person on your team.

Attention: 1/4 second cast spell. Changes foe's target to yourself. Will change target even when foe is casting healing spell/skill or offensive spell/skill.

Bloodlust [E]: 1/4 seconds cast. Enchantment. For 1-5 seconds all foes can only target the selected ally.

Concentrate: All allies' target changes to target foe. (Even healing spells)

Mass Confusion: Target and all adjacent foes changes target to a random target.

Memory Wipe: Target foe loses target once every 3 seconds for 6-15 seconds.

The Ze
14-02-2006, 16:24
Phone Call
Cost=1 Plantium
Cast=As on which phone server
Recharge=When Ever
Phone Call.You Call your foe to intterupt his/her Action=P
No attribute.

The Ze
16-02-2006, 15:16
Heart Stop.
Illusion.
Elite Hex.
Cost=15
Cast=3
Recharge=60
For 10...15 Seconds if foe try's to cost a spell
it's intterupted and it's disabled for 10 Seconds
When this ends foe is dazed for 5 Seconds.

Liquid Shadow
16-02-2006, 17:17
Ether Nexus
Cost: 20
Casting Time: 2 seconds
Recharge: 20 seconds
Skill Type: Hex Spell
Attribute: Domination. Increases duration and energy degeneration, decreases energy regeneration.
For 5...12/15 seconds, target foe gains energy regeneration 4...3/2. All foes in the area receive energy degeneration 1...2/2.

Falter
Cost: 10
Casting Time: 1/4 seconds
Recharge: 25 seconds
Skill Type: Spell
Attribute: Domination. Increases duration.
Interrupt target foe's current action. If that action was a skill, that skill is disabled for an additional 0...24/32 seconds.

Created Falter because I wanted a Mesmer equivalent to Distracting Shot/Disrupting Chop.

milias
12-04-2006, 19:45
Okay, I was thinking, since monks have Blessed Signet, which gives them energy for each enchantment they're maintaining, wouldn't it be cool if mesmers had a spell that lets you gain energy for each hex you have currently thrown on enemies? This would make mesmers an even bigger powerhouse at throwing around hexes. Just an idea. Any thoughts/comments?

Findariel
12-04-2006, 20:02
Okay, I was thinking, since monks have Blessed Signet, which gives them energy for each enchantment they're maintaining, wouldn't it be cool if mesmers had a spell that lets you gain energy for each hex you have currently thrown on enemies? This would make mesmers an even bigger powerhouse at throwing around hexes. Just an idea. Any thoughts/comments?
Yes would be nice.

Or something like FoC that deals damage and let you steal energy from each hexed foe in stead of life.
Oh no ... inspiration is restricted to non-damage skills .. too bad :undecided:

Goldfish God
12-04-2006, 20:06
how bout a energy steal based on how many hexes are on a single target (unless it was elite, then AoE around that target).

however Factions is bringing:

Hex Eater Signet
Inspiration Signet. Target touched ally and up to 2-4 adjacent allies each lose one hex. You gain 1-6 energy for each hex removed this way.
Cast: 2. Recharge Time: 45

milias
12-04-2006, 20:14
however Factions is bringing:

Hex Eater Signet
Inspiration Signet. Target touched ally and up to 2-4 adjacent allies each lose one hex. You gain 1-6 energy for each hex removed this way.
Cast: 2. Recharge Time: 45

Yea, but it's touch range, which is not exactly very good for a frail little squishy mesmer...and the recharge time, bleh...

kyln
12-04-2006, 20:28
I like the concept, would be great I think. Unfortunately, I think the new set of Mesmer skills are horrible. Mesmers need a buff to PvE.

I would love an AoE energy steal based off of hexes, regardless of any damage.

Findariel
12-04-2006, 20:34
I would love an AoE energy steal based off of hexes, regardless of any damage.
Yes, no damage so it doesn't have to be an elite!!

Empowered Hex
Cast: 1 - Energy: 10 - Recharge: 20
Target and all adjacent foes lose 3 .. 8 energy. For every hexed foe, you steal an additional 3 .. 8 energy.

jciardha
12-04-2006, 23:37
It's just an idea for a new skill that's been percolating in my mind for awhile. Thought I'd throw it out here and see what yall think of it.

Friendly Fire [Elite]

There are two possible versions of this.

15E 1/4S 30r
Attribute: Fast Casting
Spell. If the target foe is casting a spell, that spell is interrupted, and the spell's effects are turned upon the foe (the original caster).

15E 2S 30r
Attribute: Domination
Hex Spell. For X seconds, the next spell a foe casts that targets a foe, that spell is interrupted and the effects are turned upon the foe (the original caster).

Now, to keep this from being abused too much by mesmers and non-mesmers alike, there should be a chance of failure dependent upon the attribute level. For example, as presented, even without the Fast Casting primary attribute or no points in it, any class could use Friendly Fire.

FC/Dom 0-3 - 100% chance of failure
FC/Dom 3-5 - 65% chance of failure
FC/Dom 6-8 - 35% chance of failure
FC/Dom 9+ - 0% chance of failure

Obviously, this good only against offensive spells, like Meteor Shower and such.

Almas Darksoul
13-04-2006, 00:27
Why not just make it so that the attribute level of the returned spell is equivalent to the amount of points you have in Domination/Fast Casting/the average of the two?

The idea is nice, but what happens if the spell cast is a healing spell in spell variation 1?. Being forced into healing yourself isn't much of a penalty. Similarly, spells which have no target (or target is "self") will be impossible to penalize in this fashion.

More thinking needs to be done to accomodate for these, especially in the first example, but I can see the potential humour in using it on someone about to use guilt, locking out two skills in a row.

CoRrRan
13-04-2006, 00:33
I love the idea of spells/skills turning on another team, and I have suggested it on another forum as being a Condition, rather than a Spell for mesmers. (A Condition only applicable by mesmers.)

How would you like the spell being called:
Illusion of Friendship

My suggestion was:
Perhaps not a skill, but a new condition. Should need a mesmer (Illusion Magic) to apply this condition:

Confused
50~75%(?) chance of attack/skill/spell/hex/signet targetting foe to instead apply to ally.
50~75%(?) chance of spell/enchantment/signet targetting ally to instead apply to foe.

No idea how warrior attacks should be influenced by this, since they usually are within adjacent range of foes when using the attack.

Also: party skills should only apply to one foe, not entire opponents team (Aegis/Heal Party/Orders/etc...).

Cognitive Corruption
Energy: 15
Recharge Time: 30
Hex: Target foe becomes Confused for 7...20 seconds

Krazax
13-04-2006, 01:22
I like the idea as FC based. Mesmers don't have enough abilities under fast casting as is. It's just a leftover stat usually. Be nice if they had an actual line-up of spells/skills like the other spheres.

defrule
13-04-2006, 02:05
Actually, the described effect should really be what Backfire does.

In movies and stuff, if you backfire a spell, it goes back to the caster. It doesn't continue o the target and just deal damage on the caster. It would be so funny if you think about it.

Player: Omg, I migrained/galed/diversioned myself.

JeanDeathwish
13-04-2006, 08:04
The idea is nice, but what happens if the spell cast is a healing spell in spell variation 1?. Being forced into healing yourself isn't much of a penalty. Similarly, spells which have no target (or target is "self") will be impossible to penalize in this fashion.

I think the description should look something like this:

The next time target foe casts a spell that targets a foe, that spell fails and is casted on the user. This is an elite skill. (50% failure chance with Domination 4 or less)

Or you could to something like this:

Interupt target foe and _________ becomes the interupted spell for 20 seconds. That spell now takes Domination magic for its attribute.

Viti Ligo
13-04-2006, 08:56
I think the description should look something like this:

The next time target foe casts a spell that targets a foe, that spell fails and is casted on the user. This is an elite skill. (50% failure chance with Domination 4 or less)

Yes this is the way it should be done... but only duration should depend on attrib level... so :

For 1 to 8 seconds the next time target foe casts a spell that targets a foe, that spell fails and is casted on the user. This is an elite skill. (50% failure chance with Domination 4 or less)

Genevieve Azure
13-04-2006, 21:31
I've been having thoughts on the same line. All Are Elite Hexes

20E 3C 20R
Murderous Thoughts (Domination)
For 3 - 15 seconds, whenever target foe uses physical attacks on an ally that damage is received by foe's adjacent allies

20E 3C 20R
Traitorous Whispers (Illusion)
For 3 - 15 seconds, whenever target foe uses elemental attack spell on an ally that spell is disrupted and is damage is received by 1 - 4 foes in the area.

20E 3C 20R
Deceitful Memories (Inspiration)
For 3 - 15 seconds whenever target foe uses an enchantment that enchantment is casted upon you.

dantheman5415
14-04-2006, 00:33
Yes, no damage so it doesn't have to be an elite!!

Empowered Hex
Cast: 1 - Energy: 10 - Recharge: 20
Target and all adjacent foes lose 3 .. 8 energy. For every hexed foe, you steal an additional 3 .. 8 energy.

Oooh...idea...

Panic + Empowered hex :afro:

Goldfish God
14-04-2006, 01:22
domination elite

diversion + arcane thievery =

Sleight of Hand (because u divert their attention, then steal their spell)
Dom Hex. For the next X seconds, if this target casts a spell that spell fails and is disabled for an additional Y seconds. Sleight of Hand becomes that spell for a duration equal to the total time that spell is disabled for.

BunnyLord
14-04-2006, 01:58
How about this.

Sealed Hex {Elite}
25 Enegy 3 Cast 15Recharge
Attribute: Inspiration

- Elite Hex Spell, For 5-15 seconds, Hexes on target foe cannot be removed and that foe cannot cast spell that remove hex.

Kinda Like Spellbreaker/Obsidian Flesh but prevents anti-hex spells/skills only.

Rilith Saroth
21-04-2006, 01:18
I want a spell that allows your too become invisible. It should probably run
15 energy
2 sec cast
25 recharge

If a warrior is about to gank u, u just disaprear. it would be great for relic runs. Boom you see me boom i am gone. You would need another skill to counter this but it would change the over stratigey of guildwars. Much like teleportation spells do. Think of them in alter or relic matches.

The Boz
21-04-2006, 01:47
This is "the finger" to all the monks out there

Arcane Isolation
Cast: 2
Elite Hex Spell. For 3..7(8) seconds, target foe can not be target of any spells.

Yes, I know, overpowered. But it doesn't hurt to dream, right?

chaosfire
21-04-2006, 02:25
I heard some one writing about some mesmer AOEs he came up with called Nexus's.

Nexus of Misdirection
Illusion
15/3/20
Create a Nexus of Misdirection at target foes location. For (5...12) seconds foes inside the Nexus of Misdirection have 50% chance to miss attacks.

Nexus of Guilt
Domination
25/3/15
Create a Nexus of Guilt at target foes location. For (5...9) seconds spells cast by foes inside of nexus of guilt that target a foe fail.

Kjentei
21-04-2006, 09:37
Since there are a lot of new skills in Factions, that have some sort of way of disabling the caster's/user's skills (all the ones that say like, "...and all of your skills are disabled for 10-6 seconds"). I think a popular skill for Mesmers would be one where...

[Skill Name]
Domination
Cost: 5/Cast: 2 seconds/Recharge: ~15
Target foe takes (~10-~35) chaos damage for every skill they have that is disabled or recharging.

I think this skill would be really good, and I don't see it being overpowered either.

The Boz
21-04-2006, 09:42
With a maxed Blackout, this skill could just narrowly hit for a whole lot of big crapload of damage. As would Power Block. I like it. :D
I'd call it Complacency or Wastrel's Punishment.

Viti Ligo
21-04-2006, 10:29
I just got this idea some day...

This is "the finger" to all the monks out there

Arcane Wounds
Elite Hex Spell. For 3..7 seconds, target foe don't lose any health but equal amount of energy instead. Arcane Wounds ends if target foes energy drops to zero.

The Boz
21-04-2006, 13:51
BTW, I forgot to add, Isolation is Illusion Magic.
I'm liking Nexus of Misdirection very much. There are alot of skills that bypass evade and block, but almost nothing about miss... Niceness!
Guilt, however, seems too much. Should be a separate Nexus of Shame an Nexus of Guilt, duration 3..7(8), and be nearby in range, since it is cast on target, not on a corpse or around yourself.
Here's something I concocted today while studying(not!):

Blowback
Domination Magic
Energy: 5
Cast: 1/4
Recharge: 12
Spell. Interrupt target foe's spell. For every point of energy the spell has cost, target foe is hit for 4 damage.

I just love fast recharging interrupts :D
And another one

Stunted Energy
Inspiration Magic
Recharge: 25
Hex Spell. For 1..6(7) seconds, target foe can not gain energy.

Inspiration or Domination, that is the question...

Satinka
21-04-2006, 16:37
Blowback
Domination Magic
Energy: 5
Cast: 1/4
Recharge: 12
Spell. Interrupt target foe's spell. For every point of energy the spell has cost, target foe is hit for 4 damage.
I really like that spell, especially when combined with Quickening Zephyr. But it should have scaling damage like 1..4.

The Boz
21-04-2006, 19:32
Ah, you're right, scaling! Forgot that small bit :p

upier
25-04-2006, 00:42
Sorry if i missed and its posted again because its so obvious that it kinda should already be thought of.

The hex versions of necros plague touch/sending/signet. Transfer hex(es) from you to (a) target(s).
Im kinda lazy, so no names, no recharge, no nothing - just the idea for the skills. Mabye insted of saccing life you sac energy.

RavenGoth
11-07-2006, 15:50
I seen a similiar thread on the elementalist forum, nows your chance to make up your own skills :smile:

OverLoad (Maybe Elite)

For 5-25 seconds, spells cast by target foe all causes exaustion. When it ends, target foe loses 2 energy per number of exaustion

Attribute- Domination maybe.
15 energy cost 3 second cast time 45 second recharge

Illusionery Attack

For 10-30 seconds, Target foe is equipped with Illusionery Attack, all of target foes attacks miss, but, when that foe attacks in melee, 30-15 damage is done.

Attribute- Illusion
10 energy cost 2 second cast time 35 second recharge time

Art
11-07-2006, 16:28
Mirror Darkly (Elite)

All spells instantly recharge and must be used within 3-12 secs, afterwards all spells are redundant for 60-35 secs

Attribute - Inspiration Magic

Energy Cost 10, 5 Sec Casting, 90 sec recharge.

Awe Struck (hex)

If enemy changes weapon within 10 secs no damage can be dealt by them for 9-20 secs

Attribute - Domination

10 Energy cost, 3 second cast time, 15 second recharge

Weary eyed

For 10-25 secs, enemy foes perceive 2 of you. You can only deal 50% damage and have a 50% chance of receiving damage from either self target hit.

Attribute - Illusion

15 energy cost, 5 second cast time, 45 second recharge.

This is a good idea, it's probably been done though and will get merged with a predecessor. Great fun though :)

-Art

Arterra
11-07-2006, 16:40
Rend Anima {Elite}

Rend Anima does nothing for 10-25 seconds. When Rend Anima ends, target opponent take 5-25 damage for each energy he/she has left.

Attribute - Domination

15 energy cost, 3 second cast time, 20 second recharge

I will think of more later. Interesting thread btw.

Octavia
11-07-2006, 18:24
Energy Sink {Elite}
Hex Spell. For 10 seconds any foe casting spells on target foe loses 1...5 energy.

Constrain
Hex Spell. For 5...9 seconds, enchantments on target foe have double the energy upkeep.

And one I'd like to have in towns too...

Tongue Tied
Hex Spell. If target ally or foe says the same thing more than once they become mute.

Smiting Zealot
11-07-2006, 18:45
Illusionary movement
Hex Spell. For 20 seconds the next time target foe attempts to teleport, he is teleported further away from target ally.

would be very fun to use on assassins with AoD.

Nazpharoz
11-07-2006, 19:40
Tongue Tied
Hex Spell. If target ally or foe says the same thing more than once they become mute.

This would be the best skill ever :grin:

Antillio
11-07-2006, 19:48
Reckless Casting:
The Foe u cast it on casts 25% faster then normal at a 25% more energy cost.

insane casting:(elite)
target foe casts 25% faster but all spells cast cost 5 more energy and have a 25% to fail.

vaporised weapon:
for 5 - 20 seconds enemy weapon does -15 dmg.

Antonio Enigma
11-07-2006, 19:58
Steal Enchantment
Spell
Remove target foe enchantment. Use that enchantment at the stolen lvl for 8-25 secs

15 energy 3/4 cast 20 recharge Insparation

Thought Prison
Spell
Target foe is slowed for 1-8 secs per recharging skill

10 energy 1 cast time 30 secs Insparation linked

Crossed Wires
Hex
All enchantments cast on target foe for the next 4-16 secs are cast on you instead

15 energy 2 cast time 25 Recharge Domination Linked [although i can see an aurgument for the Illusion line]

Lyssa's Vigour[Elite]
Spell
If Target ally has 5-2 or more hexes on him/her 1-3 hexes and recharge all of allies skills

15 energy 2 cast time 30 secs Insperation linked

Energizer Bunny
Enchantment
Move 20% quicker and gain 2 pips of energy regen for 5-20 secs

10 energy 1 cast 45 recharge Fast Cast linked [just so no one else can use it ^_^]

Timothy Leary Is Out To Get You
Hex
Give player the effect of 3 dwarven ales - 5 absinthes for 30 secs

Illusion
25 energy 3 cast time 60 secs

LordShadowblight
11-07-2006, 20:26
Tongue Tied

A good spell but it should be used on warriors and their shouts. Think of it as a way to shut down IWAY

We have Illusionary Weaponry so why not a shield version

Illusionary Shield *note this is a non-elite spell so that you can use IW and IS together

-For 30 seconds Illusionary Shield has a 50% chance to block an attack.
-For each blocked attack Illusionary Shield reduces the damage of that attack by 20 % to 50% .
- For every attack blocked your energy goes down by 5 for every attack that is not blocked by Illusionary shield you gain 5 energy.

jciardha
11-07-2006, 21:03
Dude, Where's My Skills?

Elite Hex Spell. For 3-20 seconds, the target foe's skillbar is rearranged randomly.

Not very effective in PVE, but oh boy, think of the insults, er, compliments, hurled your way in PVP! :cool:

LordShadowblight
11-07-2006, 21:29
One more skill/spell

Emperor's new clothes (Elite spell)- linked to Illusion
recharge- 60 seconds
cast time- 1 second
energy cost- 25

-Reduce foe's armor levle to 0 for 2 - 10 secoonds
the foe that this spell was cast on will see their character with FOW armor, while every one else will see them with out their armor on.

Massacre
11-07-2006, 21:35
A fun elite for all those neat skill-steal skills I never use, primarily because of the lack of something like this:

Spellthief

Elite Stance

When you use a skill copied or stolen from another character, that skill uses your inspiration instead of the normal related attribute.

JeanDeathwish
11-07-2006, 23:05
ArenaNet should really hold a Create A Skill contest, but then all of the contests they held only have affected appearances, so I doubt it.

Illusion of Life
Hex. Target foe is hexed with Illusion of Life and gains 4 health regeneration. After 10-5 (3) seconds Illusion of Life ends that foe takes 10-82 (106) damage
Casting Time: 2 seconds
Recharge: 15 seconds
Illusion
A reverse Illusion of Pian that should be used as an opener.

Arcane Lies (Elite)
Hex. All your spells are disabled for 10 seconds. All of target foe's spells are recharged and that foe is hexed with Arcane Lies for 10 seconds. When Arcane Lies ends all of that foes spells are disabled for 10-16 (18) seconds.
Casting Time: 3 seconds
Recharge: 30 seconds
Domination
Sort of an Elite Blackout. Gives the foe something then takes it away.

Star Crossed
Hex. For 8 seconds, the next time target foe is healed, that foe loses that amount of health instead, maximum 15-67 (84).
Casting Time; 0.25 seconds
Inspiration
Reverse-Reversal of Fortune. Originally I had this skill healing the Mesmer instead of damaging the foe but then I liked this better.

ArumVile
11-07-2006, 23:30
Good Inspiration Counter
10...5 Energy, 1/4 cast time, 20...10 recast time
Interrupt Target foes action

Good Inspiration Counter 2
Interupt Target foes spell. Gain Energy Equal to that spells cost.

Charmed (Inspriation spell)
Elite Hex spell.
Gain control of of target non-boss enemy npc for 0...16 minutes

Nobleman Azure
12-07-2006, 02:09
Chaos Invocation
Domination Magic

15en cost
3sec cast
30sec rec

Enchantment. For 3-10 seconds, each time a party member attacks he will deal no damage. Instead the party members target takes 10-30 chaos damage

Notion of Indignation
Illusion Magic

10en cost
2sec cast
45sec rec

Enchantment. For 5-15 seconds enchanted ally deals 1-3 more damage in melee and gains double adrenaline per strike.

Drain Hex
Inspiration Magic

5en cost
1sec cast
25sec rec

Remove hex from target ally. If a hex is removed this way, you gain 5-15 energy

Signet of Recovery
Fast Casting

0en cost
3sec cast
45sec rec

Disable one random skill from your skillbar. All of your other spells are recharged.

Lyssas Punishment for Sheep, Griefers, Ignorants, and Greedy Monks
Unlinked

0en cost
0sec cast
0sec rec

Can be used in town. Target monk who charges for his services loses all his money. Target ranger who spams touches losesall touch skills and becomes locked again. Target griefer loses his character and GW account. Target player who utters innuendo, insults, and claims that they get laid just to look cool loses his clothes and for some reason magically transported to a public place naked.

neoflame
12-07-2006, 02:23
ArenaNet should really hold a Create A Skill contest, but then all of the contests they held only have affected appearances, so I doubt it.
Probably because ANet doesn't trust the unwashed masses to do Izzy's job, and rightly so. For example:

Arcane Lies (Elite)
Hex. All your spells are disabled for 10 seconds. All of target foe's spells are recharged and that foe is hexed with Arcane Lies for 10 seconds. When Arcane Lies ends all of that foes spells are disabled for 10-16 (18) seconds.
Look ma, no balance! Seriously, with or without Shatter Delusions (or points in Domination Magic for that matter) this is insane.

Calynda Danyciar
12-07-2006, 02:55
Run out of fear

Target foe runs 25% quiker, but every 2 sec he is knocked down and loses 1...3 energy

Inspiration magic
10E
25sec recharge

Arterra
12-07-2006, 03:38
Double Edge {Elite}

Domination

Hex Spell. When target opponent is hexed with Double Edge and deal damage, Double Edge will return 50% of damage to the hexed oppenent. This hex spell lasts 3-13 seconds.

15 energy, 3 seconds casting time, 20 seconds recharge

Findariel
12-07-2006, 03:53
for Chapter 3:

Speed for Life
[10e - 1 sec - 10 sec]
Spell. You gain 20 .. 86 (108) health and it takes you 100% longer to cast Spells for the next 15 .. 6 (5) seconds
liked attribute: Fast Casting

Consume Energy
[10e - 1 sec - 15 sec]
Enchantment Spell. For the next 10 seconds, you get 2 .. 8 (9) health regeneration but you suffer -1 energy regeneration.
liked attribute: Fast Casting

Vizier Mahoula's Disagreement
[10e - 0.25 sec - 12 sec]
Spell. If target foe is casting a Spell, the Spell is interrupted and the foe takes 20 .. 86 (108) damage.
liked attribute: Domination (yes it's Power Spike but I want 2)

Stumble
[10e - 1 sec - 10 sec]
Hex Spell. For 4 .. 7 (8) seconds, the next time target foe attempts to attack, the attack is interrupted and target foe suffers 10 .. 76 (97) damage.
liked attribute: Illusion (yes it's Clumsiness but I want 2)

Shut Up
[10e - 1 sec - 10 sec]
Hex Spell. If target is attacking, he/she is interrupted and suffers 25 .. 42 (53) damage. Target can not use shouts and stances for 7 .. 13 (15) seconds.
liked attribute: Domination

Illusionary Self
[10e - 2 sec - 45 sec]
Spell. For 4 .. 12 (14) seconds, create an exact duplicate of yourself at current location. The duplicate will do wand attacks that do 2 .. 4 (5) damage.
liked attribute: Illusion (funny for PvP and in PvE as Decoy while you run away. Actually not unlike a spirit)

Uninspiredness
[10e - 2 sec - 20 sec]
Hex Spell. For 6..25 seconds, target foe and all nearby foes suffer Energy degeneration of 1.
liked attribute: Inspiration (energy version of Suffering)

Energy Transfer {E}
[10e - 2 sec - 30 sec]
Hex Spell. For 6 .. 11 (13) seconds, target foe suffers Energy degeneration of 1 .. 3 (3), which you gain as Energy regeneration. This is an elite skill.
liked attribute: Inspiration (energy version of Life Transfer)

Mesmers Signet {E}
[0e - 2 sec - 45 sec]
Signet. All your non-spell skills are disabled for 15 .. 9 (8) seconds, your next 1 .. 4 spells cost half energy and recharge 50% faster. This is an elite skill.
liked attribute: Inspiration (mesmer version of Archers Signet)

JeanDeathwish
12-07-2006, 05:59
Look ma, no balance! Seriously, with or without Shatter Delusions (or points in Domination Magic for that matter) this is insane.

Why do you think your skills are also disabled? So the Shatter has to come from elsewhere. And yes 18 seconds is a bit much but its the ideas that count. Better scaling might be 4-10(12)

I like Findariel's skills. HEALING! (that fits with the mesmers theme)

Phoebus
12-07-2006, 06:06
Energy Bond
[5e - 1 sec - 5 sec]
Enchantment Spell. For 5-17 seconds, target other ally gains +1-3 Energy regeneration and you suffer -1-3 Energy degeneration.
linked attribute: Inspiration

Consume Speed
[10e - 1 sec - 3 sec]
Hex Spell. For the next 5...17 (20) seconds, target foe's spells take 25% longer to cast and you gain 2...3 (4) Health Regeneration.
linked attribute: Fast Casting

Speed for Life + Consume Energy
Combined into:
Lyssa's Sacrifice
[5e - 2 sec - 10 sec]
Enchantment Spell. For the next 10 seconds, you get 2 .. 8 (9) health regeneration but spells you cast take twice as long to cast.
linked attribute: Fast Casting

Power Spike and Clumsiness are both Core skills.

Shut Up: Great concept, but horrible name.

Illusionary Self : Too complex for too little.

Uninspiredness & Energy Transfer {E}: Both great spells.

Mesmers Signet {E}: Way overpowered.

Drain Hex
I always wanted a Drain Hex spell.

Star Crossed
Awesome concept.

Spellthief
I wish. ;)

Findariel
12-07-2006, 06:51
Drain Hex
Inspiration Magic5en cost
1sec cast
25sec rec
Remove hex from target ally. If a hex is removed this way, you gain 5-15 energy
What the big difference with:

Inspired Hex & Revealed Hex
Remove an Enchantment from target foe and gain 3..13 Energy. For 20 seconds, Inspired Enchantment is replaced with the Enchantment that was removed from target foe.

Ok, it's 5-15 and not 3-13 and recharge is 25 not 20 but you already have 2 of those.
Of course, with MoR it would be more effective ..

Double Edge {Elite}
Domination

Hex Spell. When target opponent is hexed with Double Edge and deal damage, Double Edge will return 50% of damage to the hexed oppenent. This hex spell lasts 3-13 seconds.

15 energy, 3 seconds casting time, 20 seconds recharge
I like that one, kind of a stronger Empathy. It's no SS but it's a nice addition to empathy, like Backfire an actual stopper. :smiley:

Chaos Invocation
Domination Magic
15en cost
3sec cast
30sec rec

Enchantment. For 3-10 seconds, each time a party member attacks he will deal no damage. Instead the party members target takes 10-30 chaos damage
Haha yes it's a fun AoE Illusionary Weaponry! It's nice to have another spell that uses this concept. However likely to be abused by IWAY teams that suddenly can't be stopped by wards against melee and blindness.

Nobleman Azure
12-07-2006, 07:06
Nooo not iway screw it! updated

Chaos Invocation
Domination Magic
15en cost
3sec cast
30sec rec

Enchantment. For 3-10 seconds, each time a party member attacks he will deal no damage. Instead the party members target takes 10-30 chaos damage. Chaos Invocation ends if the enchanted target is under an attack speed increase.

As for drain hex, same concept for drain enchantment.

RavenGoth
12-07-2006, 11:32
Weapon swap

For 10-30 seconds, you and target foe swap weapons.
You still gain the benefit of your original weapons plus the affects of target foes weapon. Target foe gains no benefit

Illusion Magic
10 energy, 3 sec cast time 45 second recharge

Altheus
12-07-2006, 14:07
this is my concept( sorry if i post same spells like you)

Illusion of life
(illusion magic)

for 5-10 second, target foe gain 5-10 health regeneration. when illusion of life ends, you gain 10 health for each point of health regeneration that foe had.

Recharge Time: 10 Seconds.

Energy transfer (E)
(Inspiration magic)

For 6-11 seconds, target foe suffers energy degeneration of 3-7, which you gain as energy regeneration.

Recharge Time: 30 Seconds.

Illusion of invulnerability (E)
(Illusion magic)

You lose all energy. For 17-5 seconds, all spells that target foe fails and all attacks against that foe misses. When Illusion of invulnerability ends, that foe is crippled, dazed, blinded, takes 20-80 damage and suffers -8 health degeneration for 15 seconds.

Recharge Time: 45 Seconds.

Findariel
12-07-2006, 18:47
Altheus:
* Energy Transfer: -7 energy regeneration is VERY overpowered! Look at my version, which is a mix of Life Transfer and Ether Lord.
* Illusion of Life: you get max 50 health from this and you heal the opponent for 200 life (10 bips = 20 hp/sec*10 secs)?
* Illusion of invulnerability (E) I like that one, a funny concept! ^^. I guess it way overpowered, though.

Ok, since another thread mentioned CoF and skill interrupts vs. spell interrupts, so I have a few additional suggestions:

Shadow of a Doubt
Domination [10 0.25 20]
Spell. Interrupt target foe. If that foe was using as skill, target gets 23 .. 49 (62) damage.

Uncertainty
Inspriration [5 1 25]
Hex Spell. For 4 .. 10 (12) seconds, whenever target foe is using a skill, that skill is interrupted and you get 3 .. 12 (15) energy.

Distraction
Domination [15 0.25 25]
Spell. Interupt target's action. If that action was using a skill, that skill is disabled for an additional 10 .. 18 (22) seconds and target receives 12 .. 23 (28) damage.

Shroud of Forgetfulness {E}
Domination [10 0.25 30]
Spell. Interrupt target Foe's action. If that action was using a skill, target Foe receives 30 .. 58 (67) damage and all non-spell of target foe are disabled for 4. .. 10 seconds. This is an elite.

Shiny Signet
Domination [0 0.25 40]
Signet. Interrupt targets action. If that action was using a skill, target receives 17 .. 44 (54) damage and target is blinded for 3 .. 8 (10) seconds.

That'll teach those assassins and rangers a lesson ;)

Phoebus
12-07-2006, 21:16
Illusion of life
(illusion magic)

for 5-10 second, target foe gain 5-10 health regeneration. when illusion of life ends, you gain 10 health for each point of health regeneration that foe had.

Recharge Time: 10 Seconds.
Illusion of Life
[10e - 2s - 10s]
Hex Spell. For 3-9 (10) seconds, target foe gain 10 Health regeneration. When Illusion of Life ends, target foe takes 20 damage for each second Illusion of Life was in effect.
linked attribute: Illusion

Shadow of a Doubt: Another good Domination interrupt.

Uncertainty: Extremely overpowered. It's a 12s complete shutdown with no drawback... for 5 energy.
Here's a more balanced version:
Conceit/Vanity
[15 2 30]
Hex Spell. For 4...9 seconds, the next time target foe uses a non-spell Skill, the Skill fails, you steal 5...12 Energy from that foe and Conceit/Vanity ends.
linked attribute: Domination

Distraction: Another good Domination interrupt.

Shroud of Forgetfulness {E}: Powerful, yet balanced. But the name doesn't fit, something like Abstraction {E} would be better.

Shiny Signet
Here's a more balanced version:
Glittering Signet
[0 0.25 45]
Signet. If target foe is attacking or using a Skill that targets a foe, target foe's action is interrupted and target foe is blinded for 3 .. 8 (10) seconds.
linked attribute: Illusion

Leese Blacks
16-07-2006, 02:07
A fun elite I thought up... not had time to read the whole thread, sorry if it's a dupe (1AM here)

Wastrel's Anxiety Elite Hex
Domination, 15e, 3cast, 20recharge, or thereabouts
For 15 seconds target is hexed with Wastrel's Anxiety. If they use any skill in the first 10 seconds they take 35-119 damage. If they have not used a skill before Wastrel's Anxiety ends, they take 35-119 damage.

In other words, enemy must avoid doing anything in the first 10 seconds... but MUST use a skill in the last 5 seconds to avoid taking damage. They'll be left guessing whether it's safe yet...

Psychic Bomb, Hex
Domination, 10e, 1cast, 10recharge
Target is hexed with Psychic Bomb for (2-8) seconds. If Psychic Bomb is removed by one of its allies, it deals 8-53 damage.

Great cover hex. Certain to give Monks headaches.

Nobleman Azure
16-07-2006, 02:23
We are more than great secondaries Fast Casting

15en cost
2sec cast
20sec rec

For 15 seconds, if target hexed non-mesmer foe uses a mesmer skill, he takes 60-140 damage. 100% Chance failure when fastcasting is less than 1.

-------

Illusionary Armory Illusion

15en cost
1sec cast
35sec rec

Elite Enchantment. For 30 seconds, all damage done to you is negated and you take 40-20 chaos damage instead.

Loss of Interest Domination

10en cost
3sec cast
20sec rec

Target for loses his current target and may not click on the lost target for 5-10 seconds

Patccmoi
16-07-2006, 09:15
We are more than great secondaries Fast Casting

15en cost
2sec cast
20sec rec

For 15 seconds, if target hexed non-mesmer foe uses a mesmer skill, he takes 60-140 damage. 100% Chance failure when fastcasting is less than 1.

-------

Illusionary Armory Illusion

15en cost
1sec cast
35sec rec

Elite Enchantment. For 30 seconds, all damage done to you is negated and you take 40-20 chaos damage instead.

Loss of Interest Domination

10en cost
3sec cast
20sec rec

Target for loses his current target and may not click on the lost target for 5-10 seconds

lol @ 'We are more than great secondaries' :wink:

Loss of Interest seems more realistic to implement with current mechanics with something like 'all actions taken against target foe fails'

I like the Illusionary Armory idea =p Kinda double-edge though, an assassin could destroy you with auto-attacks! But it seems like an incredible combo with Shielding Hands or Union. I think that its duration would need to be shorter than its recharge, being able to maintain that all game (unless stripped ofc, but that's not enough) might be broken in some team builds. If the 20 damage is at 15-16 attribute, it might be ok. If it's at 12 and that at 16 it's something like 14, it's too strong.

I always wanted an elite cover hex, similar to what many already posted (attributes are 1..12) :

Mind Bomb {elite} Domination

5/.25/5 hex spell

For 3..8 seconds, Mind Bomb does nothing. If Mind Bomb ends prematurely, target foe takes 10..96 damage.

Yes, the damage is high and the recast is short, but all it is is an elite cover-hex. It does nothing else, and doesn't cover for very long in itself.

And something that truly helps signet builds more than Keystone ever did:

Keymaster {elite} Fast Casting

25E/0/30 skill

For 5..29 seconds, all signets activate 50% faster and recharge 25% faster

Would allow to use signets faster, making chaining them more realistic and potentially giving Mantra of Signet some more interest too. High energy cost to kinda 'limitate' it to signet builds. Since it's an elite, it can't really be used with elite signets easily (Arcane Mimickry only). And it forces investment in FC when you're going for signets, which is a penalty too.

One of those skills that will never see the light due to game mecanics but that would be nice:

Magician hands Fast Cast

5E/0/5 Stance

For 10 seconds, the next spell you cast has no animation and you cannot see its progress bar or icon.

Mesmers can move their hands so fast their opponents have no way to foresee what's gonna hit them next =p

Energy Vortex

15E/3/30 Inspiration

For 10 seconds, create an energy vortex at target foe location (visible, similar to a Spirit Rift). Every second, a random foe standing in the area where the vortex was created loses 1..2E. If a foe lost energy this way, a random party member standing in the area gains 1..2E. (3E at 14)

Would allow to transfer a bit of energy to allies, stealing a bit from foes. Note that the energy lost is fairly low, and it's a static AOE spell. But the total energy transfered is pretty nice IF foes stay in the area and allies are in it, which will likely more or less never happen for the full duration (if it was the case, Firestorm would be brutal, and, well, it's not!). Would be useful to annoy people in wards or on altar mostly. A lone target snared in it would suffer quite a lot though.ŕ, which is why i didn't put the energy drained too high. Imagine a monk snared by an Hydro caught in this alone, he'll have the same as -9 energy degen...

Findariel
16-07-2006, 10:08
I always wanted an elite cover hex, similar to what many already posted (attributes are 1..12) :

Mind Bomb {elite}
Domination 5/.25/5

hex spell. For 3..8 seconds, Mind Bomb does nothing. If Mind Bomb ends prematurely, target foe takes 10..96 damage.
With 5 secs recharge, are you kidding?
Nah .. it's a too perfect way to kill CoP monks very fast. It's not fair :rolleyes:

Keymaster {elite}
Fast Casting 25E/0/30

skill. For 5..29 seconds, all signets activate 50% faster and recharge 25% faster

Agreed, a nice signet enhancement won't do no harm. Although I'd prefer a non-elite with lower faster cast. Well I'd actually just want a SQ clone in Fastcasting (which would make perfectly sense, a "lesser" version of MoR)! :wink:

Energy Vortex
15E/3/30 Inspiration

For 10 seconds, create an energy vortex at target foe location (visible, similar to a Spirit Rift). Every second, a random foe standing in the area where the vortex was created loses 1..2E. If a foe lost energy this way, a random party member standing in the area gains 1..2E. (3E at 14)I like his one. Adding group support to mesmers wouldn't be bad; I'd actually like a mesmer version of Order of the Vampire (turns all weapons zealous for 5 secs) or Well of Power.

Patccmoi
16-07-2006, 14:37
With 5 secs recharge, are you kidding?
Nah .. it's a too perfect way to kill CoP monks very fast. It's not fair :rolleyes:

Honestly, i don't think it's that bad. I mean, for it to be worth removing and thus not doing just nothing (it doesn't do anything if it reaches its full duration), you must be able to throw a truly detrimental hex under. And how many of these can you throw every 5 sec? It would mostly force team communication and delay the speed at which they remove hex (because they wouldn't want to kill their monk by removing nothing but a MInd Bomb). CoP monks already gain around 100 health per hex dropped (well, enchant removed) through CoP, all Mind Bomb would do is prevent PART of that healing. If you make it any longer on recharge or energy cost, it would need to either reapply itself (and then be nerfed to uselessness because of Soul Barb...) or have another detrimental effect that is conditionless. But if it's nothing but a cover hex, i think it's fine as is. Otherwise it's just not worth picking it over an elite hex.

I like his one. Adding group support to mesmers wouldn't be bad; I'd actually like a mesmer version of Order of the Vampire (turns all weapons zealous for 5 secs) or Well of Power.

Hehe, i think well should be reserved to Necros, but a mesmer version of Order of the Vampire would be funny. I'd rather have it affect spells than weapons though (who needs that much energy, warriors?).

Something like
Order of the Arcane {elite} Inspiration

15E/2 sec cast time/5 sec recharge, enchantment

For 5 seconds, everytime a party member casts a spell, that party member gains 1..3E.

Would help monk energy management quite a bit since they spam a lot, etc. And you could maintain your energy to cast this often by using a lot of inspiration skills, giving some point in going high Inspiration. It's an indirect way to transfer your extra energy to everyone else.

shamed
16-07-2006, 17:26
I always thought the perfect elite cover hex would be something like:

Curse - 5e/0.75c/5r - For 60 seconds, target foe is cursed, losing 1 health per second, and the next time any hex on target foe would end prematurely, it doesn't and Curse ends.

Useful as a cover hex even against Convert/Expel/Withdraw Hexes and useful as a spell to prevent normal life regeneration from happening (e.g. if someone without hex removal attempts to run, throw the hex on him and he cannot regen health for at least a minute).

ZiegDivine
16-07-2006, 18:44
Mind Bomb {elite} Domination

5/.25/5 hex spell

For 3..8 seconds, Mind Bomb does nothing. If Mind Bomb ends prematurely, target foe takes 10..96 damage.

Yes, the damage is high and the recast is short, but all it is is an elite cover-hex. It does nothing else, and doesn't cover for very long in itself.

Shatter Delusions ftw?

Pedro Pickles
16-07-2006, 19:53
This is an Anti-Rt spell

Fumbling Fingers
Hex Spell

Target foe drops any item they are currently held, and for 5~20 seconds they cannot hold any items.

Energy cost: 10
Casting time: 1sec
Recharge: 20sec

Findariel
16-07-2006, 20:20
This is an Anti-Rt spell

Fumbling Fingers
Hex Spell

Target foe drops any item they are currently held, and for 5~20 seconds they cannot hold any items.

Really much too situational.
Only for 1 part of 1 profession, why should you ever want to equip that?

Divinity Archer
16-07-2006, 20:20
Didn't read the whole thread yet, so someone might already have suggested it, but I say if they can make a shared burden I want a shared emphaty too :wink:

It would give emphaty to target foe and enemies in his area for example. The spell would act like a regular emphaty, just spread on a small group of enemies at once. It would be like spitefull spirit, only this skill works different.

Phoebus
17-07-2006, 00:04
This is an Anti-Rt spell

Fumbling Fingers
Hex Spell

Actually, that would be extremely powerful if not overpowered in PvP against flag runners.

Didn't read the whole thread yet, so someone might already have suggested it, but I say if they can make a shared burden I want a shared emphaty too :wink:

It would give emphaty to target foe and enemies in his area for example. The spell would act like a regular emphaty, just spread on a small group of enemies at once. It would be like spitefull spirit, only this skill works different.
Now THAT would be a great elite.

Compassion
[25e - 2 sec - 15 sec]
Hex Spell. For 8...18 seconds, target foe and all nearby foes are Hexed with Compassion. Whenever an Hexed foe attacks, that foe takes 5...29 damage.
linked attribute: Domination

Nobleman Azure
17-07-2006, 00:46

yep, as mentioned above.

Fire it on a flag runner and pick up their flag

Findariel
17-07-2006, 06:30
yep, as mentioned above.

Fire it on a flag runner and pick up their flag
Overpowered but still very situational; effectively mesmers would only equip it in PvP and farming some specific ritualist monsters.

oryx
18-07-2006, 00:09
Lots od great ideas here... particularly the energy transfer spells, consume speed, star crossed, spellthief, etc. A few of my own ideas:

Memory Lapse (we need more spells like diversion)
10/2/20
Hex Spell. For 4…10 seconds (Attr: Dom or FC), whenever target foe uses a skill, that skill takes an additional 2 seconds to recharge.

Incendiary Mind (give us some PvE love!)
15/2/20
Elite Hex Spell. For 10 seconds, whenever target foe casts a spell, that foe and all nearby foes take 18…60 (Attr: Dom) damage.

Price of Knowledge (the spell I wish overload was)
5/0.25/5
Spell. If target foe is using a skill, that foe takes 8…41 (Attr: Dom) damage.

Octavia
19-07-2006, 15:24
Backlash
15/3/25
Hex Spell. For 10 seconds, whenever a target foe uses a skill, that foe takes 1...6 damage for each point of energy required for that skill.

upier
19-07-2006, 15:41
Mantra of Channeling
inspiration stance

For z seconds (rising with higer insp) you loose x (guessing starting at -25 and reaching -10 at 13 insp, maxing at 0 at insp 16) armour but whenever you are a target of an enemy attack or a skill you steal or gain (if the attacker has no energy) y (0 till 5 insp, 1 till 10 insp, 2 till 12 insp, 3 at over 15 insp) energy.

dammit we need more stances!1!

Unknown Hatred
20-07-2006, 11:17
Cocoon {E}

Domination.

For 10-40 seconds target Foe is incased in a cocoon, and cannot move,cast spells or attack, target foe can not be the subject of any spells or take damage during this time.

its an odd skill really...a total shutdown but you cant destroy the enemy whille cocooned, :) traps anyone?, plus being useful for removing one enemy from battle temporarily to relieve pressure.

Serendipity
20-07-2006, 11:53
Cocoon {E}

Domination.

For 10-40 seconds target Foe is incased in a cocoon, and cannot move,cast spells or attack, target foe can not be the subject of any spells or take damage during this time.

its an odd skill really...a total shutdown but you cant destroy the enemy whille cocooned, :) traps anyone?, plus being useful for removing one enemy from battle temporarily to relieve pressure.

It if fun but horribly overpowered. If you neutralize someone for 40 sec and you are free to do whatever you want...

Duration of 1-10 sec would be somewhat more reasonnable.

Phoebus
20-07-2006, 12:37
Cocoon {E}
Don't you mean Polymorph {E}.

Anyway, it's a very -very- bad idea, for so many reasons.

Sideswipe the Ninja
20-07-2006, 21:34
Hmmm, how about something like this.

Misdirection
[15e-2 sec-20 sec]
Hex Spell. For 3..12 seconds, each time target foe uses a spell that has a target, the target is randomly changed to another target in the area.

Cast it on a spiker or healer and watch them heal or spike the wrong person. My guess is that it would be an elite, but I'm not terribly sure.

Unknown Hatred
22-07-2006, 10:05
It if fun but horribly overpowered. If you neutralize someone for 40 sec and you are free to do whatever you want...

Duration of 1-10 sec would be somewhat more reasonnable.

not really..if there invincible during it...

basblast
22-07-2006, 11:33
15e/2sec/30sec
ilusionary blisters

Hex spell. for 10-20 target foe moves 33% slower and takes 2-4 damage each step he takes

make kiting a lil harder

Jigoku
29-11-2006, 04:23
Yes, the times has come make your skill wishlist. Nothing majorly overpowered like "For 10 seconds you "Own" everyone and everyone on your radar dies. Which then they are revived as your slaves because you own them." Just things you would like to see in game.

Keep things fairly realistic
try not to overpower things
and most important have fun!

Lyssa's time clock [E] (fast casting, Yes I'm REALLY pushing for a fast casting elite)

For 1...10 seconds everytime target foe attacks they are teleported to a location in the area and take 10....60 damage.

25e 2c 10r (hex spell)

The reason this one isn't horribly overpowered because obviously of the 25 energy cost the low duration and it being an elite.

Lyssa's sacrifice (fast casting /push) {e} (spell)

All your skills are disabled for 15...5 seconds and all your skills are recharged and the next 3...1 skills you use are disabled for an additional 10 seconds.

5e 3c 2r

I thought the extra limitation might've been excessive but maybe it's not input needed.

Lyssa's boredom {E} (spell)

Target foe loses 2 energy and 15 health for each spell of the same attribute on target foes bar and the next time you deal chaos damage you deal 1..10(15) more damage.

15e 1c 15r

One of my favorites fairly balanced probably needs some fine tuning.

Lyssa's sneer {E} (enchantment spell)

Whenever a foe adjacent to target ally is healed or loses energy that foe has 1..3 skills disabled for 10...15(20) seconds.

5e 3c 20r

That's all I can think off for now. Have fun!

Hella Good
29-11-2006, 05:37
If you are going to push for FC skills, than try to stick to the main idea of the attribute- fast unloading of skill, and interrupt prevention.

Posted this before but here goes one more time for emphasis. I'll post more once things heat up. :-)

Improved Alacrity (E)

Skill type: Elite Stance
Cost: 5
Activation: 0
Recharge: 20s

For 5...11s (Fast Casting 1..12) after cast for your spells is negated. This stance ends if you use a non-spell skill. This is an elite skill.

And this one is a pers favorite too:

Master of Hexes (E)

Skill type: Elite Spell
Cost: 25
Activation: 2
Recharge: 20s

Target ally and all nearby allies lose 1 hex. For each hex removed in this way the next 1...3 (Fast Casting 1..12) hex spells you use cast 14-50% (Fast Casting 1..12) faster. This is an elite skill.

MonkeyForLove
29-11-2006, 05:53
The Cooler

Spell icon would be a mug shot of William H. Macy tinted mesmer purple.

Skill Type: Elite Spell
Cost: 20
Activation:1.25s
Recharge: 5s

The last non-elite hex on target foe is applied to all adjacent...earshot foes. For every foe effected this way The Cooler is disabled an additional second.

Hella Good
29-11-2006, 05:58
Oh Lord... that is plain imbalanced.

Btw what's with people wanting to put skills in FC that don't have anything to do with the attribute? I mean... ANet is already showering us with plenty of skills that have no place in FC but are nevertheless stuck in there.

I XM
29-11-2006, 08:48
I was bored, 2 per attribute:

Payback {E} Inspiration
Spell
15E 2s 15s

Transfer 1...3 hexes from target ally to a random foe in the area. For each hex transferred this way you gain 1...6 energy.

Signet of Cruelty Inspiration
Signet
0E 0.5s 30s

You gain 1...7 energy (maximum 9...21 energy) for each hex on target foe.

Mirage Illusion
Hex
10E 1s 15s

For 5...11 seconds the next time target foe attacks, that foe is teleported to a random nearby location.

Illusion of Stability Illusion
Enchantment
10E 1s 30s

For 13...25 seconds you cannot be knocked down, but each time you would have been knocked down you lose 5...2 energy. When Illusion of Stability ends, you are knocked down for 3 seconds.

Sore Throat Domination
Hex
5E 0.5s 15s

For 10 seconds each time target foe uses a shout or chant, that foe takes 40-100 damage.

Power Instability Domination
Spell.
10E 0.25s 20s

If target foe is casting a spell, the spell is interrupted and that foe and all foes in the area are knocked down for 3 seconds.

Mantra of Fury {E} Fast Casting
Stance
10E 0s 20s

For 1...7 seconds, all your spells cast in 1/4 second and take an additional 30...12 seconds to recharge. When Mantra of Fury ends all your skills are disabled for 12...3 seconds.

Ethereal Agility Fast Casting
Enchantment
5E 1s 15s

For 3...9 seconds you move 25% faster. While moving, all spells targeting you fail but you lose 1 energy each second.

Seef II
29-11-2006, 10:44
Attribute ranges are given from 0..15.

I suggested this last time so Mesmers would have a self-heal worth using. The "target ally" bit may be a bit out of profession, but the heal is a slow one, anyway, which kind of evens it out since it's not even that powerful:

Signet of Conversion (Inspiration, 0/2/6)
Signet. Lose 1..7 Energy. For each point of Energy lost in this way, target ally gains 5..30 Health.

Mistrust seems to have overshadowed my other previous suggestion. Note the order of the Deep Wound and damage, so as to create a minispike:

Corporeal Failure (Domination, 10/2/20)
Hex Spell. For 4..10 seconds, the next time target foe attempts to cast a Spell, that Spell fails and Corporeal Failure ends. If Corporeal Failure ends in that fashion target foe suffers a Deep Wound for 5..17 seconds and takes 1..40 damage.

I'll make up an Illusion skill now. This should end up with a net drop in damage if my late-night number crunching is correct. Also needs to not completely be pwned by Reckless Haste:

Illusion of Fury (Illusion, 10/2/10)
Hex Spell. For 5..24 seconds, target foe attacks 33% faster but deals 66% less damage in combat and gains only half adrenaline from attacks.

Finally, a FC skill. May be imba if you run lots of FC, since blowing a Deep Freeze will pretty much fill up your bar. But running more than ~10 FC is kind of gimping yourself anyway, since if you're doing so you have some weird build in mind:

Power Split (Fast Casting, 5/0.25/10)
Spell. If target foe is casting a Spell, that Spell is interrupted. Target foe gains 80..20% of the Spell's Energy cost back and you gain 20..170% of the Spell's Energy cost.

Akirai Annuvil
29-11-2006, 20:09
My first post with the new greeniness goes here :3

Mantra of Lyssa {E}
Fast Casting
10e//--//30s
Elite Stance. For 8...21 seconds, any Spell you suffer, the caster suffers too. The attribute of that Spell is the same as your Fast Casting Attribute-6..2. You suffer 100...40% more attack damage while in this stance.

fast unloading of skill, and interrupt prevention.

Never knew that was the intention with Fast Casting. Thought it had NO intention :) Anyways let people create skills as much as they want I say.

Lyssa's Leak {E}
5nrg//5s//15s
Inspiration Magic
Spell. You gain 8..21 energy and your next Skill is activated twice as fast.

Note that it means the skill type Skill not just A skill, possibly to be changed to your next non-Spell skill?

Domination of the Weak {E}
Domination Magic
5nrg//2s//20s
Hex Spell. For 5..21 seconds, all enemies in the area are Hexed with Domination of the Weak. Whenever they use a Skill, they take 10...93 damage if they're below 50% Health. If anyone hexed with a Domination Magic Hex drops below 50% Health, all your Domination Magic skills are disabled for 6...2 seconds.

Powerful with high Domination, but doesn't combine well with other Domination skills.

Subversion of the Spirit
Illusion Magic
15nrg//1s//15s
Hex Spell. For 5..21 seconds, whenever target foe's Energy reaches below 5..21 Energy, target foe loses all Energy and this Hex ends.

Powerful but fairly high energy cost and recharge, and Elite. Not really sure whether this is underpowered, overpowered or balanced as I don't play e-denial much.

Lyssa's sacrifice (fast casting /push) {e} (spell)

All your skills are disabled for 15...5 seconds and all your skills are recharged and the next 3...1 skills you use are disabled for an additional 10 seconds.

5e 3c 2r

I thought the extra limitation might've been excessive but maybe it's not input needed.
I say it's good as it is now; this would mean you can recharge all your skills once every 7seconds me thinks. Im wondering though, that disablement, if it's obliterated by the second use of Lyssa's Sac then it might be pretty much meaningless.

Main problem would be this combined with Auspicious Incantation.

TheFink
08-12-2006, 15:34
Illusion Magic

Haunting Echo [Elite]

Spell. Summon a level 0...18 Echo Creature at your location that is a copy of targeted foe. This creature only attacks targeted foe and disappears after 0...30 seconds or when killed. When killed the Echo Creature vanishes and does not leave an exploitable corpse. This Skill is disabled for 120 seconds.

Recharge: 10 Seconds
Cast Time: 3 Seconds

TheFink
08-12-2006, 16:01
Inspiration Magic

Unnatural Grace [Elite]

Stance. For 5...15 seconds, you move 25% faster, and stances activated stack. (50% failure chance with Inspiration Magic 4 or less.)

Recharge: 15 Seconds
Cast Time: 0 Seconds

ljeic
08-12-2006, 19:25
Illusion Magic

Fear of Death
Cast time: 2 sec
Recharge: 30 sec

Enchantment. Boost target ally's current health by 30-100%. For 15 seconds or while this enchantment lasts, that ally suffers -5-2 health degeneration.

This could also be a necro skill, but I've often found it frustrating that there aren't many skills that target allies. This skill would also require many points in illusion magic to be worthwhile.

TheFink
08-12-2006, 21:05
Fast Casting

Twincast [Elite]

Enchantment Spell. For 5...15 seconds, whenever you cast a spell, a doppelganger appears and casts the same spell played on the same target. Doppelgangers produced by this enchantment disappear either after a successful spell cast or when interrupted, leaving behind no exploitable corpse.

Recharge: 30 Seconds
Cast Time: 1 Second
__________________________________________________ _______________

Illusion Magic

Dyspnea [Elite]

Spell. For the next 5...17 seconds, target foe moves, casts, and attacks 50% slower

Recharge: 25 Seconds
Cast Time: 2 Seconds

Jigoku
08-12-2006, 21:12
Lyssa's precursory (fast casting) [e]

5e
1/2 c
3r

Spell. If target foe is using a spell that foe is interrupted and that foe and every foe in the area of that foe are hexed with wastrels worry that does 10....70 chaos damage.

It's not overpowered shh!!!!.....:laugh: /christmaslist

Lyssa's dance (fast casting of course) [e]

10e
2c
10r

Next time target ally is attacked or is damaged all foes adjacent to that ally are hexed with diversion and the next skill they used is disabled for 1....50 seconds.

Nobleman Azure
08-12-2006, 21:44
all set on twincast, ready 3, 2, 1

8 hits of spiritual pain rains on target in a spike XD

Forget
5en
1/4sec cast
20sec rec

If target is using a skill, interrupt target and disable the skill for 30 seconds, if target is not using a skill, disable one random spell from targets skillbar for 10 seconds

TheFink
09-12-2006, 00:34
Inspiration Magic

Battle of the Wits [Elite]

Enchantment Spell. For 18 seconds you gain 0...9 energy whenever you successfully interrupt a spell, but lose 10...7 energy whenever you botch an interrupt.

Cast Time: 2 Second
__________________________________________________ _______________

Its a play off Marksman's Wager, with a Princess Bride reference to boot.

Ephlanuist
09-12-2006, 17:33
Someone may have suggested this, but I'd like to see an interrupt that steals skills or spells, something like:

Energy Vortex:
Att: Domination
Cost: 15
Cast: 1/4 seconds
Recharge: 25 second
Spell. If target foe is casting a spell, that spell is interrupted and all foes nearby foes lose 5...10...15 energy

Subtle thievery:
att: Domination
cost: 15
cast: 1/4 seconds
recharge: 40 seconds
Interrupt target foe's action. If that foe was casting a spell you steal that spell for 10...30...45 seconds.

That seems like it should synergize well if SoI which, as far as I know, still has no great use.

Maligned Intentions:
att: Domination
cost: 15
cast: 3 seconds
recharge: 30
For 6 seconds the next spell cast by target foe is misdirected. If the spell was directed towards their ally it is directed to you, if towards your allies it is directed towards their nearest ally. This spell has a 75% chance of failing at 10 Domination or less.

Berate:
Att: inspiration
cost: 10
cast: 1 second
recharge: 25 seconds
Hex Spell. For 5...15...20 seconds target foes next 2...3...4 skills act as though their attributes were halved.

Unmotivation [E]:
Att: Inspiration
Cost: 25 nrg
Cast: 2 seconds
Recharge: 25 seconds
Elite Hex Spell. For 5...15...20 seconds This caster, the target foe and all nearby foes are hexed with Unmotivation and have all of att levels halved. This hex ends prematurely if any other hexes are placed on a previously hexed foe.

Concussion Signet [E]:
unlinked
Cast: 3/4 seconds
For 10 seconds both you and your target foe become dazed.

Divination:
Cost: 10
recharge: 25 seconds
Hex spell. For 6 seconds if target foe uses a skill, all other skills on their bar are disabled for 5...12...20 seconds.

Mantra of Confidence:
att: Inspiration
Cost: 15
Recharge: 30 seconds
Stance skill. For 30 seconds your domination attiribute is increased by 1..2..3 and your fast casting attribute is increased by 1.

Mantra of Foresight:
Att: Inspiration
Stance Skill. For 1...5...10 seconds any spells cast against you take twice as long to complete.

Arrogance [E]:
Att: inspiration
cost: 5
Cast: 1 second
recharge: 20 seconds
For 5...10...18 seconds target foe attacks 30...20...10 percent faster but also takes 100% more damage. This hex ends prematurely if that foe does not act for 5 seconds or takes damage. (this would stack with frenzy)

Anagnoresis [E]:
Att: Fast Casting
Cast: 1 second
recharge: 15 seconds
Target foe takes 15...45...54 armor-ignoring chaos damage, and is dazed for 1...8...12 seconds.

And a favorite idea of mine:

Pandora's Box [E]:
Cost:15
Recharge: 45 seconds
Elite Hex Spell. Target foe's action is canceled and for the next 30 seconds target foe subsequent actions have 25% chance of being disabled for 10...20...30 seconds, a 25% chance of being interrupted, a 25% chance dealing 10...80...110 chaos damage to all foes in the area, and a 25% chance of giving that foe 110...55...26 health.

(Obviously, if an action such as a stance can't be suject to some of these effects there is a chance that nothing will happen.) The skill would have little use outside of RA, where it would be hilarious. Still I think it's a fun idea.

Jigoku
09-12-2006, 19:07
...snip...

I REALLY like those ideas some need balancing but the general ideas are really good.

oh OH, how about...

"You want that roll?" [e] Inspiration magic
5e
1c
15r

You and target foe both gain +10 maximum energy for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds you steal 10 energy from target foe (50% change of failure with 10 inspiration or less)

Hijo Jhinn
09-12-2006, 20:44
Night Terrors

Domination

10 2 20

Hex Spell. For 5-18 seconds, whenever any of target foes skills become disabled, that foe is knocked down.

Unrelenting Terror {e}

Illusion

10 1/4 30

Hex Spell. If target foe is adjacent to any hostile creature or player, the target suffers 10 health degeneration but moves 15% faster for 1...12 seconds.

Shared Pain

Domination

10 3 20

Spell. For every 4...2 points of health degeneration suffered by target foe, that foe and all foes in the area take 10...18 damage.

Ether King {e}

Inspiration

25 2 30

Hex Spell. Lose all energy. For 1...12 seconds target foe suffers 1...3 energy degeneration and you have +3 energy regeneration. When target foe casts a spell while hexed with Ether King, you steal 1...3 energy from that foe.

Hijo Jhinn
09-12-2006, 21:11
Contagious Delusions {e}

Illusion

25 3 30

Hex Spell. Nearby allies of target foe are hexed with Contagious Delusions for 1...12 seconds. For every point of degeneration (health and energy) suffered by target foe, foes hexed by Contagious Delusions take 1...2 damage every two seconds.

This would be a funnnnnnnnnnn skill. Imagine casting it on a foe with 10 health degen and 4 energy degen, thats 28 damage every 2 seconds per foe hexed. Is this overpowered? I think not, because degen is conditional. Comments?

Hijo Jhinn
09-12-2006, 22:23
Burdened Spirit {e}

Illusion

15-2-20

Hex Spell. For 1...10 seconds target foe moves and casts spells 10% slower for each hex on that foe.

Chaotic Epiphany {e}

Fast Casting

10 3 30

Enchantment Spell. For 1...10 seconds, all of target allys spells deal chaos damage.

Aura of Teleportation {e}

Illusion

10 1 20

Enchantment Spell. For 5...18 seconds every time target ally is struck by any foe's attack or spell, that foe is teleported to a random nearby location.

Mantra of Perfection {e}

Inspiration

E10 R30

Stance. For 5...15 seconds when you take damage it is reduced by 26%...45% and you gain 2 energy.

Lady Eleni
10-12-2006, 04:28
Illusion of Control.
10/2/10
For 1...16 seconds, target other ALLY is HEXED with Illusion of Control. While affected by Illusion of Control, target suffers from -1 health degeneration.

Why have this skill? Shatter Hex spikes, of course! This skill, or something like it, has been something I've wanted since I started playing my mesmer.

Make it elite... hell, make it have more of a weakness... but this skill would be FANTASTIC.

Echo Darkwynd
10-12-2006, 10:04
Illusion of Security
Illusion
15/1/20

Hex Spell. For 20 seconds, target foe is hexed with Illusion of Security. While hexed, that foe suffers 1-4 health degeneration for each enchantment on them.

MStarfire
12-12-2006, 03:08
Heh I like this idea:

Corruption of Knowledge {E} (attrib: domination magic)
20/1/60
Elite Spell. Target foe takes (5...20) damage (max 225) damage for every rank they have in their primary attribute.

Very situational and very overpowered, hence the high cost and long recharge time. Could be tweaked a bit.

melandrus elite
12-12-2006, 03:32
Heh I like this idea:

Corruption of Knowledge {E} (attrib: domination magic)
20/1/60
Elite Spell. Target foe takes (5...20) damage (max 225) damage for every rank they have in their primary attribute.

Very situational and very overpowered, hence the high cost and long recharge time. Could be tweaked a bit.

Bye bye any SF with some E-storage I mean two of these mesmers with interupts too would massacre the overpowered SF group.

neoflame
12-12-2006, 05:08
Energy Vortex: maybe
Subtle Thievery: decrease both recharge and disable time, and maybe
Maligned Intentions: probably too weak
Berate: hard to call
Unmotivation: probably too weak
Concussion Signet: probably overpowered
Divination: massively overpowered. Hey look, Diversion, except casting 1s quicker and shutting down 7 skills instead of 1!
Mantra of Confidence: massively overpowered. +3 Domination is a lot
Mantra of Foresight: probably overpowered
Arrogance: massively overpowered. DOUBLE DAMAGE WOW
Anagnoresis: hard to call, probably underpowered
Pandora's Box: without an extremely good reason (e.g. there's no better way to implement block/evade most of the time), massively random chance is generally very, very bad in a competitive game
Night Terrors: probably... underpowered?
Unrelenting Terror: underpowered
Shared Pain: probably underpowered
Ether King: underpowered
Contagious Delusions: skill description ambiguous
Burdened Spirit: probably underpowered
Chaotic Epiphany: even if you mean "ignore armor", probably underpowered
Aura of Teleportation: overpowered
Mantra of Perfection: overpowered
Illusion of Control: probably underpowered, people don't even run Shatter Hex now, devoting an extra 10e, 2s, and skill slot to it is probably not going to happen
Illusion of Security: probably underpowered
Corruption of Knowledge: massively, massively overpowered

Ephlanuist
13-12-2006, 15:54
I'm not sure about Arrogance, I thought the two end clauses on it might keep it from being ridiculous because one of them is extremely easy to satisfy and the other encourages the hexed foe to back down for a bit. Even used in a spike, only the first hit would cause double damage. Still, I can see why it might be too much. Perhaps if the target had to wait three seconds instead of five and the extra damage percentage scaled with inspiration it might be more reasonable.

Concussion Signet has a longer recharge than its effect, but because of the fact it deals daze Mesmers might not use it. I could see this being overpowered on a warrior or other melee fighter though.

Divination's maximum disable time is 1/3 that Diversion's which kind of seems reasonable to me and its recharge is 2.5 times that of Diversion. I'll keep an open mind, but I'd like to understand why that is overpowered.

On Mantra of Confidence: you're right that +3 domination is a lot, but in order to hit that we would need invest 16 points into inspiration. Then in order to get a decent domination magic rating we would have to run all their other points in domination this is assuming that we are only using one superior rune on inspiration and a minor domination rune. This may give 16 inspiration and 16 Domination magic, but it leaves no room for FC which is vital to mesmer survival. This would be a very cumbersome set up for any mesmer to use. If we assume a more reasonable set up with only +2 domination I think it will appear more balanced because then it acts like stance form of ATB and makes hitting that -9 energy burn more plausible.

I would say anagnoresis is overpowered if anything because it’s a spamable daze condition, which can potentially end casters.

I thought energy vortex might have a little much because it could potentially steal 50+ energy from an entire backline but meh.

You're right about Pandora though. That skill was never intended for high level play, just mind games in RA. Though I still think it would be fun with Wastrel's Worry.

zolpidem
13-12-2006, 19:29
Domination Magic

a random attribute of target foes is disabled for 5-15 seconds

ooo the carnage

neoflame
14-12-2006, 02:48
I'm not sure about Arrogance, I thought the two end clauses on it might keep it from being ridiculous because one of them is extremely easy to satisfy and the other encourages the hexed foe to back down for a bit. Even used in a spike, only the first hit would cause double damage. Still, I can see why it might be too much. Perhaps if the target had to wait three seconds instead of five and the extra damage percentage scaled with inspiration it might be more reasonable.
Doesn't really help, because the point is that it's absurd as a spiking skill. Decapititate on 1 please!

Concussion Signet has a longer recharge than its effect, but because of the fact it deals daze Mesmers might not use it. I could see this being overpowered on a warrior or other melee fighter though.
Yes, that'd be the concern. Unfortunately, Dazed is such a powerful condition that pretty much every skill that applies it has to suck. (Concussion Shot isn't too bad I guess...)

Divination's maximum disable time is 1/3 that Diversion's which kind of seems reasonable to me and its recharge is 2.5 times that of Diversion. I'll keep an open mind, but I'd like to understand why that is overpowered.
It disables 7 times as many skills as Diversion and casts in 2s-FC. And Diversion is already debatably powerful.

On Mantra of Confidence: you're right that +3 domination is a lot, but in order to hit that we would need invest 16 points into inspiration.
GW's skill scaling system is linear; there's a set effectiveness at 0 attribute, one at 15 attribute, and everything else is interpolated/extrapolated (even GWiki has given in to the fact that no skill in the game contradicts this observation.) If MoC gives +1..3 Dom, 12 Insp is the breakpoint for +3 Dom. If it gives +0..3 Dom, 13 Insp is said breakpoint.

I would say anagnoresis is overpowered if anything because it’s a spamable daze condition, which can potentially end casters.
15r is not particularly spammable. It is overpowered relative to existing skills, though; I don't know how I missed the comparison to BHA. Probably because, once again, every Dazing skill in the game seems to suck. :(

I thought energy vortex might have a little much because it could potentially steal 50+ energy from an entire backline but meh.
Look at Power Leak; cheaper, faster recharge, and denies more energy to a single target. Are the disadvantages worth less than the nearby AoE, enough so to make it playable? ...Maybe.

JedAil
14-12-2006, 11:01
Illusionnary foe

Illusion 10/2/30

Hex Spell. For 4..9 seconds, the next time target foe casts a Spell that targets a foe, the Spell is apply to a caster's ally in the area.

Illusionnary ally

Illusion 10/2/30

Hex Spell. For 4..9 seconds, the next time target foe casts a Spell that targets an ally, the Spell is apply to a caster's foe in the area.

Ephlanuist
14-12-2006, 15:03
Decapitate is the only skill that comes to mind that could result in an instant kill which would be bad. Would scaling the extra percentage against inspiration fix this? If I look and Mantra of Persistence its scale seems fairly reasonable, perhaps if applied this skill it wouldn't look so ridiculous.

Divination could be set to disable attribute lines instead of entire skill bars and an extra second added on to the cast time to further control this skills potential for abuse.

It seems like the main problem with MoC is pre-existing game mechanics. But even if the break point is 13 inspiration, that's a high enough investment in inspiration and skill sacrifice to justify the skill anyway. Even with the most reasonable attribute spread you're looking at:

FC: 11+1
Dom: 10+1+1 +(3)
Insp: 10+3

That spread assumes the mesmer isn't carrying any utilities skills which would require their own point investments. Furthermore this skill will take up 1/8 skills to give that mesmer a slight increase in attribute flexibility and still has to be maintained to keep that effect. I'm trying to make this act as much like MoP as possible, without copying its effect (Because increasing duration on some Dom hexes really is imbalanced).

KitsuneFawx
14-12-2006, 17:17
Eclipse
*same attribute at blackout*
Elite Spell. (20-e, 3-cast, 60-recast)

Create an Eclipse *ward aoe* at this location for 1...XX seconds. All creatures within the Eclipse have their skills disabled.

Doppleganger
Illusion
Elite Spell. (25-e, 1-cast, 60-recast)

For 60 seconds your skills, attributes, and equipoed items are replaced with target foe's skills, attributes, and equipped items. This spell has a 100% failure rate with 11 Illusion or below.

neoflame
14-12-2006, 22:25
Decapitate is the only skill that comes to mind that could result in an instant kill which would be bad. Would scaling the extra percentage against inspiration fix this? If I look and Mantra of Persistence its scale seems fairly reasonable, perhaps if applied this skill it wouldn't look so ridiculous.
Not really, because not having to put any points into Inspiration is just an extra nail in the coffin; the real issue is still that it's "the next hit target foe recieves deals double damage".

Divination could be set to disable attribute lines instead of entire skill bars and an extra second added on to the cast time to further control this skills potential for abuse.
Maybe.

It seems like the main problem with MoC is pre-existing game mechanics. But even if the break point is 13 inspiration, that's a high enough investment in inspiration and skill sacrifice to justify the skill anyway. Even with the most reasonable attribute spread you're looking at:

FC: 11+1
Dom: 10+1+1 +(3)
Insp: 10+3
10+1(+3) Dom/11+1+1 Insp nets you 13 Insp and 14 Dom without any non-minor runes, while still leaving you a massive amount of free attribute points to put into whatever you like. That currently isn't possible (3+1 FC/12+1 Insp/12+1+1 Dom).

Goldfish God
27-12-2006, 08:56
Mind Warp. Elite Illusion Hex. 5/1/5
For 5..10 seconds, target foe experiences -1..4 Health degeneration and -1..2 Energy Degen. An elite Conjure Phantasm, a bit more spammable with its reduced cost so it can be used with target switching, with some of the health degen traded for energy degen

Shared Delusion. Elite Illusion Hex. 10/1/5
For 5...10 seconds, target foe and all nearby foes suffers from -1...3 Health degeneration. Mix of Shared Burden with Conjure Phantasm. Cheaper and more spammable than Necro's Suffering

Unleash Delusions. Elite Domination Spell. 5/0.25/10
Remove one Mesmer "Hex" from target foe, that foe takes 15...63 damage, and all adjacent foes take 5..30 damage. AoE Shatter Delusions

Power Sink. Elite Inspiration Hex. 5/1/15
Target foe and all nearby foes lose 1...4 energy. For 10 seconds, those foes suffer -1 energy degen. Signet of Weariness mixed with Ether Phantom

Jigoku
28-12-2006, 13:41
I have a box of fasting tea in my pantry and everytime I look at i'm reminded of fast casting. So, of course I had to make this spell:

Time after time [Elite fast cast enchantment]
5e/2c/10r

For 1....10 seconds your enchanted with time after time and you recieve -10 energy regen. Unless, time after time is recharging which then you recieve +6 energy regen.

Sort of an awkward skill but I like it.

Lyssa's power surge [Elite domination hex spell]
15e/2c/15r

Target foe is hexed for 1...10(15) seconds with lyssa's power surge and the next time they use a spell. That spell's attribute goes up by 2 and target foe loses 150 maximum health for the duration of this hex.

Sort of like forcing someone to use a rune.

Phoebus
29-12-2006, 04:36
Demoralize Elite Inspiration Hex
5e/1c/8r
For 10...22(...25) seconds, target foe attacks 50% slower and loses 5 Energy whenever that foe attacks.

Sir Arthcos
29-12-2006, 07:07
Un-charismatic Aura-
Enchantment Spell. For 10-23 seconds you are enchanted with Un-charismatic Aura, and all shouts and chants activated by nearby enemies fail.

10/2/15

Chronic Failure
Hex Spell. Target foe is hexed with Chronic failure for 5-17 seconds. When Chronic failure ends, if target foe has been interrupt 4..2 times or more while activating a skill when this hex was active, that foe takes 22-98 damage.

15/3/10

Emblem of Power
Enchantment Spell. If target foe is casting a signet that signet is interrupted and you are enchanted with Emblem of Power for 10 seconds. While enchanted with Emblem of Power, your signets activate instantly but take 50%...26% longer to recharge.

elavro
29-12-2006, 23:04
just have an idea for a nice cover up hex, I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if something similar is there

wastrel's bug
Domination magic
5E
8sec recharge
1/2 cast time
for 10 seconds, target foe is hexed with wastrel's bug. If wastrel's bug get's removed, target foe takes 20-40 dmg and the hex is transferd to the person who removed it and lasts wastrel' bug 8 seconds longer.

Sir Arthcos
30-12-2006, 03:56
Irresponsible Action

Elite Spell. If target foe is casting a spell, that spell is interrupted and target foe takes 60...120 damage, foes adjacent to target foe take 0..12 damage, foes near to target foe take 0...12 damage, and foes in the area take 84 damage.

Inspiration Magic 15/.5/45

Deliverance of Hope
Hex spell. Target foe is hexed with Deliverance of Hope for 8 seconds. If target foe is interrupted while casting a spell while hexed with Deliverance of Hope, Deliverance of Hope ends. If Deliverance of Hope ends because of this, your party gains 0...8 energy.

Inspiration Magic 5/2/15

Blinding Pride
Hex Spell. Target foe and all nearby foes are hexed with Blinding Pride for 10...16 seconds. While under this hex, if foe uses a stance or spell, that foe is blinded for 4...8 seconds and this hex ends.

10/3/5 Illusion Magic

halfthought
30-12-2006, 04:37
just have an idea for a nice cover up hex, I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if something similar is there

wastrel's bug
Domination magic
5E
8sec recharge
1/2 cast time
for 10 seconds, target foe is hexed with wastrel's bug. If wastrel's bug get's removed, target foe takes 20-40 dmg and the hex is transferd to the person who removed it and lasts wastrel' bug 8 seconds longer.

now that is awesome coolest thing i've seen for 7 pages

Delusions of Grandeur
3 cast time 10 energy 25 recharge

Target foe is hexed with Delusions of Grandeur for 5...54 seconds. The next Skill hexed foes casts costs a additional 1...11(14) energy. When Delusions of Grandeur ends, they gain 12....4 (2) energy, and take 3...8(9) damage for each point of energy they have [illusion magic]

Quick Rinoa
03-01-2007, 11:38
hehehe Wastrels bug does sound good^_^

Here's my effort....

Bon Voyage elite illusion
1/4sec cast time~ 5 energy~ 5sec recharge

Spell. Remove one Mesmer Hex from target foe. If a Hex was removed in this way, that foe is teleported to furthest allied foe, crippled and dazed for 2..14 seconds.

upier
03-01-2007, 11:53
hehehe Wastrels bug does sound good^_^
Here's my effort....

Bon Voyage elite illusion
1/4sec cast time~ 5 energy~ 5sec recharge
Spell. Remove one Mesmer Hex from target foe. If a Hex was removed in this way, that foe is teleported to furthest allied foe, crippled and dazed for 2..14 seconds.
quicky this one is just insane!!!
i absolutly love it!!
one of the greatest joys i have in gw is shattering AoD on the dredge - shatter > *shoosh* and they are miles away. the most fun thing ever in gw!
*dreams of bon voyage*

assassin of pudding
06-01-2007, 21:50
I didn't read all of the pages so don't blame me if this idea has already been submitted.

Clouded Inner Eye (e)
Illusion magic
Eng: 15
Recharge:45

Descript: Elite hex spell: Target foe's mini map goes blank for 1-15 seconds. While this hex is affecting target foe, you suffer 3-1 energy degeneration.

elavro
11-02-2007, 20:15
X
fast casting
10E
15 recharge
3 sec casting time
for 3-9 seconds, target foe is hexed with X. Target foe casts spells X% faster(same as your FC attribute) but each spell heals you for 20-70

windcaller
11-02-2007, 21:37
X
fast casting
10E
15 recharge
3 sec casting time
for 3-9 seconds, target foe is hexed with X. Target foe casts spells X% faster(same as your FC attribute) but each spell heals you for 20-70

nice concept. Although i'd rather have them cast the spells slower xD

Seef II
11-02-2007, 23:23
Attribute levels are given from 0..15.
Illusory Curse - Illusion Magic
5/0.25
Hex Spell. Target ally loses 1 Hex. If a Hex is removed in this way, Illusory Curse is replaced with that Hex for 16..10 seconds and target ally is Hexed with Illusory Curse for 10 seconds. The hex does nothing.

The idea is to quickly pull off a money hex like Spoil Victor before the cover can land. Unfortunately your ally's still hexed, but this will synergize with Shatter Hex should you choose to spend 20 energy on a conditional combination. At high spec, this also becomes the fastest spot hex removal in the game. Monks have some good options now through Blessed Light and Divert Hexes. Mesmers can choose to run Expel Hexes or this, now, for cheap and quick hex removal.

In that same vein...

Phantom Enchantment - Illusion Magic
10/0.25
Enchantment Spell. Target foe loses 1 Enchantment. If an Enchantment is removed in this way, Phantom Enchantment is replaced with that Enchantment for 30..15 seconds and target foe is Enchanted with Phantom Enchantment for 15 seconds. The enchantment does nothing.

If you're pretty cognizant of a prot stack, you can pull a prot spirit or something while your spike lands. If a dom guy is packing Shatter Enchantment then this is a 2-enchantment swing. At high spec this will compete with Lyssa's Aura for relatively fast-recharging enchantment removal. Still won't be able to compete with Grenth, but that skill was imba anyway.

Goldfish God
12-02-2007, 04:47
Remold Delusion. 5,1/4,10.
Fast Cast Enchantment. Remove 1 Mesmer Hex from target foe. If a hex is removed this way, the next mesmer spell you cast costs 1..5 energy less and casts instantenously.

windcaller
12-02-2007, 12:37
Remold Delusion. 5,1/4,10.
Fast Cast Enchantment. Remove 1 Mesmer Hex from target foe. If a hex is removed this way, the next mesmer spell you cast costs 1..5 energy less and casts instantenously.

this has to be an elite.

TheDivider
13-02-2007, 09:57
FC
10 Energy
60 Recharge

Lyssa's Remorse ~ Elite Stance: for 8....19 seconds you can not be target of hexes. When lyssa's remorse ends you lose all energy.

Random idea for a mesmer spell. Made it into a stance so you can't abuse it evading with distortion, or any other block stance. Just stops hexes from being cast on you not direct damage or spells.

Great if paired with a signet build. Of course when this ends make use of Ether Signet to gain some energy back.

Rant >
Seriously I've been playing a mesmer since the first couple weeks of GW but lately many builds I throw together in RA that used to prove useful just aren't cutting it. Seems there are more counters to OUR COUNTERS!?! Anyways just a small rant - I still love being a mesmer and here was my brain fart late at night to prove it. :love:

windcaller
13-02-2007, 13:38
skill idea

echonding - you gain +4 health regen for 2 seconds and lose all energy.

Little Hex
13-02-2007, 13:57
skill idea

echonding - you gain +4 health regen for 2 seconds and lose all energy.overpowerd make it disabled for 5s

Satinka
13-02-2007, 14:52
Since Mesmers need some more power in the PvE department, I thought of a Spell like this
Shared Pain
15-2-10
Target foe and all adjacent foes are hexed with Shared Pain. Whenever hexed foe takes damage from another source than Shared Pain, all other foes hexed with Shared Pain are equally damaged. (Maximum Damage 15..39..47)
Maybe the Scaling needs some tweaks (I took the same damage as empathy), but you get the idea.

elavro
13-02-2007, 16:39
satinka, I like your skill idea, it adds pressure, but it doesnt seem to be overpowerd, I would increase the range a bit though

Wayward
13-02-2007, 17:09
Shared Pain is a nice concept but is probably overpowered when multiple foes hexed with it are hit by area damage.

Imagine Shared Pain cast on group of four foes, followed by Energy Surge. Each of the four foes take damage from the Energy Surge (90), and the Shared Pain (47) three times (for each damaged foe, excluding self) for a total of 231 damage.

What about Spiteful Spirit? In that group of four, one foe hexed with SS would attack, doing 43 damage to itself and three foes, who would each transmit another 43 damage back. Each action would do 172 area damage.

windcaller
13-02-2007, 17:22
What about Spiteful Spirit? In that group of four, one foe hexed with SS would attack, doing 43 damage to itself and three foes, who would each transmit another 43 damage back. Each action would do 172 area damage.

it's about time necros surrended to us and worked for us...

overpowerd make it disabled for 5s

nonsense. We need a good self heal. Look at whammos! They got Dealing Handz, Blending, Vigorous Sprite(tm), Freaking Signet, etc..

We only got Ether Kicks, which just doesn't cut it..

Terra Xin
21-02-2007, 13:48
Covert Hex
No Attribute 5/1/12
Hex Spell. Remove 1 hex from target ally and replace it with this spell for 5 seconds. If this hex is removed prematurely, this skill recharges instantly.

Inspired Posture
Inspiration Magic 10/2/20
Enchantment Spell. For xx seconds, the next time you enter a stance, all adjacent allies enter that stance instead.

Lapse of Fortune
Domination Magic 5/1/10
Enchantment Spell. For xx seconds, the next Mesmer spell you cast on target foe, ignores the effects of any enchantments on target foe.

Willow's Whisper
Elite Illusion Magic 5-1/4-12
Spell. Remove one shout from target touched foe. If a shout is removed in this way, you and 1...7 other party members also become affected by this shout.

Arcane Depository
Fast Casting 5-1/4-10
Enchantment Spell. For xx seconds, the next spell you cast is delayed for 1...4 seconds.

Manwithtwohands
21-02-2007, 16:31
Ohhh. That covert hex is sneaky.

Okay, fire the people currently making/tweaking skills for Guild Wars and hire Terra Xin. Those skill suggestions you made already make my mind race and flutter with ideas.
Very, very cool.

Hexually Abused
21-02-2007, 16:38
Misderection - hex spell - next time target target casts a spell on a foe, that spell hits an ally instead.

Sherlock
21-02-2007, 16:45
Dont know if there was already something simmilar but will try :

Arid Well - Elite Domination Spell - Well summoned by target caster foe is destroyed . Well caster takes 5.....15 Chaos damage for each second the Well was active. If the Well was Elite Well, this skill causes exsaustion. Mana 5, cast 1 sec, recharge 20 sec

Basically, you want to help your Paragons and Warriors ag enemy Necros casting Well of Silence. In case of Well of Power, I searched for a way to balance the skill, so exsaustion looks more fair then disabling the skill for certain amount of time.
Cheers !

elavro
22-02-2007, 19:51
Feared hex(E)
15E
3 Seconds casting time
20 sec recharge
for 5-20 seconds, the next 1-3 hexes cast on target foe are spread to all foes in the area

maybe too strong for some elite hexes, you could always make it like this:
for 5-20 seconds, the next 1-3 non-elite hexes cast on target foe are spread to all foes in the area

Redwinter
22-02-2007, 21:08
A sampling from the GW expansion I'm making up...

Arcane Exchange - 5-1-20
Spell. For 1...20 seconds, a random spell on your skillbar is given to target opponent, and a random spell on their skillbar is given to you. (Inspiration)
I was thinking, "What would Arcane Thievery have to be to cost 5 energy?" - I think it's this.

Abduct - 15-1/4-8
Elite Spell. You take ownership of target summoned creature. (Domination)
Because I just think it fits in Domination.

Mental Strain - 5-1-5
Elite Hex. For 30 seconds, Spells cast by hexed foe take 1...3% longer to cast and 1...3% longer to recharge. A foe may be hexed by multiple copies of mental strain. (Illusion)
Any MTG player is aware of the card 'Ravenous Rats' - normally you're permitted 4 copies of any card in a deck, but Ravenous Rats stands apart because it breaks the rule. I applied the same principle here.

Millstone Signet - 0-2-10
Elite Signet. Target foe loses 1...3 energy, plus 1 for each time that foe was struck by your Millstone Signet in the last 2 minutes. Then that foe takes 1...3 damage for each point of energy lost. (Domination)
I started from the concept & worked down to the mechanics. I have an image drawn for the icon, but I'm not sure about posting images/links without permission.

Rewind - 25-.25-25
Spell. Interrupt target foe's spell, then you gain 25 energy. This spell's cooldown is reduced by 1...75%. (Fast Cast)
Fast Casting is just begging for an interrupt like this.

elavro
23-02-2007, 09:19
Rewind - 25-.25-25
Spell. Interrupt target foe's spell, then you gain 25 energy. This spell's cooldown is reduced by 1...75%. (Fast Cast)
Fast Casting is just begging for an interrupt like this.

We have power drain already and its better, exept for the recharge. But the idea could work if its a bit changed

Rewind - 10-.25.15
Spell, Interrupt target foe's spell, you gain 5-18 energy and your next spell casts inmediatly.

Redwinter
23-02-2007, 09:26
No, no. You missed the point.

The energy gain is basically to refund what you spent. The intent behind it is that it should be fast to recycle, but skill based. (You have to have enough energy to cast it to begin with, or you'll miss opportunities).

elavro
23-02-2007, 09:35
Ah I see, well 25E is quite hard and if you miss its a big loose. I wouldn't take the risk, but other people might :smiley:
this skill would recharge in 6 seconds if you interrupt a spell. I would make it an instant recharge if interupted. What do you think?

Redwinter
23-02-2007, 15:47
Well, the way it's worded, (No 'if you interrupt' or 'if target foe is casting a spell') you get the 25 energy after you cast, guaranteed.

Take note, too, that the % of reduction can scale even higher with higher fast cast, as well.

It has a 100% reduction in recharge at 16 fast cast.

Vulnerable to interrupts, e-denial and other shenanigans, but still IMHO a very solid interrupt that rewards you for investing in Fast Casting.

Going to state this: I'm not trying to be stubborn, and I love input. Just trying to be clear.

Phoebus
23-02-2007, 16:32
Rewind
5-.25-20
Spell. If target foe is casting a spell, target foe is interrupted and Rewind recharges 15...75(...90%) faster.

This would be better, a spell with near instant recharge and energy gain could be exploited if used with skills that reduce the energy cost of spells.

Redwinter
23-02-2007, 16:52
Yeah, but that changes the whole concept. With yours, you might as well bring Power Return. :laugh:

Rewind Signet - 0-.25-X
Signet. Interrupt target foe. This signet has a recharge time of 25...6...0 seconds, but does nothing if you have less than 25 energy.

Same thing, reworded.

Ephlanuist
23-02-2007, 19:15
I'd like to see an elite interrupt skill that drains energy like shame/guilt
perhaps:

Power Siphon: 5en/1/4 cast/ 25 recharge

Elite spell. If target foe is using a skill, that skill is interrupted. If that skill is a spell, you steal 5...17...24 energy from that foe. [Domination or Inspiration magic]

Manwithtwohands
23-02-2007, 21:03
How about a new type of interrupt. Kind like a backfire+interrupt.
*Pain of Persistence* (domination)
15e/3/4 second cast/15 recharge
Elite Hex Spell - Interrupt target foes skill. Target is hexed with Pain of Persistence and if target foe attempts to use that skill again within the next 10...30 seconds they suffer 50...100 points of damage and Pain of Persistence ends.

And an elite for Wastrel's
*Wastrel's Nightmare* (domination)
10e/2 second cast/15 recharge
Elite Hex Spell - For the next 15 seconds, every 5...3 seconds target foe targets 1...50 damage if they are not attacking.

An elite for Distortion
*Illusionary Step* (illusion)
10e/10 recharge
Elite Stance - Caster gains 75% chance to block for 1...3 seconds and each time an attacker fails to hit them steals 1...3 energy.

And a new shout type Mantra
*Cacophonic Mantra* (fast casting)
25e/2 second cast/30 recharge
Elite Shout - All foes within earshot suffer a 50% reduction in casting speed for 5...10 seconds.

Can't forget (inspiration)
*Inspiring Encore*
10e/1 second cast/25 recharge
Elite Enchantment - The previous spell cast is cast again. If that spell was a hex you gain 1...5 energy and Inspiring Encore ends.

A non-attribute spell. (unlinked)
*Chronomancer*
5e/30 recharge
Elite Stance - For 15 seconds you suffer no aftercast when casting mesmer spells.

The Harlequin
23-02-2007, 21:31
An elite for Distortion
*Illusionary Step* (illusion)
10e/10 recharge
Elite Stance - Caster gains 75% chance to block for 1...3 seconds and each time an attacker fails to hit them steals 1...3 energy.
Now that evasion is gone and there's tons of ways to hit through blocks, I'd be happy with plain old un-nerfed Distortion. :undecided:

Manwithtwohands
23-02-2007, 21:32
Harlequin! you broke my editing streak!
I was on a role of editing that post once every 10 seconds. lol

The Harlequin
23-02-2007, 22:09
Harlequin! you broke my editing streak!
Powwwwwaaahhh Spiiiike!!!

:dizzy:

Manwithtwohands
24-02-2007, 00:00
I worded something wrong. It's supposed to be this instead...

*Inspiring Encore*
10e/1 second cast/25 recharge
Elite Enchantment - Inspiring Encore mimics the effect of the last spell used. If that spell was a hex you gain 1...5 energy and Inspiring Encore ends.

Goldfish God
24-02-2007, 00:14
Absorb Fragments. 5,1,15.
Inspiration enchantment. For 1..10 seconds, you gain energy equal to the casting cost of the next enchantment or hex spell which ends on you (maximum 30 energy).

Ether Negation. 10,1,15.
Inspiration Spell. You lose 1..2 hexes for each enchantment on you. If total casting cost of hexes exceeds total casting cost of enchantments, you lose 3..1 enchantments.

Manwithtwohands
24-02-2007, 00:48
Is Absorb Fragments an elite?
If not I'd use it on Mantra of Recall! hee hee

False Visage
24-02-2007, 07:39
I think that something that does something like: Deal x damage per Spell equipped by target, could be interesting. Something like that would be different to what we've seen normally.

Seef II
24-02-2007, 08:48
I think that something that does something like: Deal x damage per Spell equipped by target, could be interesting. Something like that would be different to what we've seen normally.
Wastrel's Demise - Domination Magic
5/0.25/8
Target foe takes 5..30 damage. If that foe is not casting a Spell, that foe takes an additional 3..7 damage for each equipped Spell.

Grr. Forum ate my post.
I was thinking about Power Flux and Power Leech, which are pretty bad elites. Elite hexes to boot. Elite interrupts really need to be good to run. For instance, Magebane Shot sounded pretty awesome, but really, Savage and Dshot were enough and Burning Arrow is really, really juicy. To make PFlux and PLeech competitive and actually worth running over something like glyph of renewal or mantra of recovery, I suggest:

Note that I always give attribute levels from 0..15 as Anet does.

Power Flux - Domination Magic
10/0.25/12
Elite Spell. If target foe is casting a Spell, that Spell is interrupted and for 6 seconds, that foe suffers 3..9 Health degeneration and 1..4 Energy degeneration.

On successful interrupt with 14+ dom, you deal 108 damage (over time, which compares with Power Spike) and deny 8 energy (a 3-specced Power Leak) through degen. Note that this version isn't a hex spell, so hitting this interrupt will noticeably punish the target.

Power Leech - Inspiration Magic
5/0.25/10
Elite Spell. If target foe is casting a Spell, that Spell is interrupted and that foe loses 1..7 Energy. You cain 1..3 Energy for each point of Energy lost.

Now this is what Mesmers should be about - messing around with Energy. Anet went in a reasonable direction with Ether Phantom and Drain Delusions, and I'd like to see this tired little elite forge a new direction. High inspiration, which few run, make the energy return on the level of PDrain at 40% of the recharge, but that should be acceptable considering this is elite. I'm not sure how imbalanced this version would be under QZ, for example, but some elites are begging for a buff. Let's make this one good.

[Compare Power Leak at 14 domination (-19e) every 20 seconds, which is just shy of 3 pips. This Power Leech at 12 inspiration (-6e) every 15 seconds is 2 pips, but with a positive swing on the caster's end. Hmm.]

ArumVile
28-02-2007, 20:45
Tweeking thoughts dealing with the inspriation line

Drain Enchantment and Drain Hex
Inspired Enchantment/Hex and Revealed Enchantment/Hex.
Steal Enchantment and Steal Hex

Drain Hex
10/1/30
Remove a Hex from target Ally. If an Enchantment is removed, you gain 5...17 Energy

Steal Enchantment
10/1
Remove an Enchantment from target Foe. For 20 seconds, Steal Enchantment is replaced with the Enchantment removed from target foe. This spell uses your Inspiration attribute instead of its normal attribute.

Steal Hex
10/1
Remove a Hex from target ally. For 20 seconds, Steal Hex is replaced with the Hex that was removed. This spell uses your Inspiration attribute instead of its normal attribute.

Skilljack Elite
15/.25/20
Interrupt target foe's action. For 20 seconds, Skilljack is replaced with the action that was interrupted. This spell uses your Inspiration attribute instead of its normal attribute.

Satinka
01-03-2007, 07:38

Drain Hex
10/1/30
Remove a Hex from target Ally. If an Enchantment is removed, you gain 5...17 Energy

Steal Enchantment
10/1
Remove an Enchantment from target Foe. For 20 seconds, Steal Enchantment is replaced with the Enchantment removed from target foe. This spell uses your Inspiration attribute instead of its normal attribute.

Steal Hex
10/1
Remove a Hex from target ally. For 20 seconds, Steal Hex is replaced with the Hex that was removed. This spell uses your Inspiration attribute instead of its normal attribute.

Skilljack Elite
15/.25/20
Interrupt target foe's action. For 20 seconds, Skilljack is replaced with the action that was interrupted. This spell uses your Inspiration attribute instead of its normal attribute.
The last three Spells rock!
I Skilljack your Searing Flames and steal your Attunement. :cool:

windcaller
01-03-2007, 10:58

Drain Hex
10/1/30

Steal Enchantment
10/1

Steal Hex
10/1

Skilljack Elite
15/.25/20

Special announcement to ArenaNet: we just found your new skill designer. You can now kick Izzy.

Terra Xin
01-03-2007, 12:54
Get your masks on^^.

Mask of Foolery
Inspiration Magic - 5/2/20
Enchantment Spell. For 1...10 seconds, your Spells become easily interruptable. Whenever you are interrupted while under this enchantment, you gain 2 energy and one random Spell on your bar is recharged instantly.

Mask of Troubled Thought
Domination Magic - 10/3/12
Enchantment Spell. For 1...20 seconds, your Spells cost 30...15% more Energy. If you fail to complete a Spell Casting, all nearby foes take 15...75 damage.

(Self-Cancelling your own skills do not count :P)

Mask of Deep Thought
Fast Casting - 10/1/30
Enchantment Spell. For 1...20 seconds, your Spells take 100...25% longer to cast. While casting spells under this enchantment, you have a 50% chance to block and a 50% chance to avoid interruption.

Mask of Deception
Illusion Magic - 10/3/30
Enchantment Spell. For 1...20 seconds, target ally cannot take damage from melee attacks, but whenever that ally is attacked in melee, that ally takes 25 damage instead.

(note that this effectively gives target foe an un-avoidable chance to strike you, as it works in similar with IW. Useful against gankers who rely on high damage.)

windcaller
01-03-2007, 15:36
Mask of Deception + Shielding Hands = 5 damage? hm...in spite of the fact that the ideas are interesting, i wouldn't use any of those skills....

well maybe troubled thought if i could cancel my own skills and cause damage...that would be seeexxxeeeeehhh

EDIT: does deep thought neglect fast casting or stacks with it? coz....if stacks with fc, then you would just cancel that. If it cancels FC comepletely and adds an extra +% to casting..meh.

Goldfish God
01-03-2007, 19:57
Apathy. 5,3,20.
Inspiration Spell. Target foe loses 1..2 energy for each equipped energy skill (maximum 1..8).

Reluctance. 5,1,20.
Inspiration Hex. If target foe is moving slower than normal that foe attacks 50% slower for 1..10 seconds.

Yawn. 5,1,15.
Inspiration Skill. Foes within earshot are interrupted. This skill is easily interruptable but recharges 10..33% faster. A slow yawn, which everyone knows makes everyone else yawn too. 15 is the base recharge, but higher inspiration reduces it directly.

Terra Xin
02-03-2007, 13:07
Mask of Deception + Shielding Hands = 5 damage? hm...in spite of the fact that the ideas are interesting, i wouldn't use any of those skills....

well maybe troubled thought if i could cancel my own skills and cause damage...that would be seeexxxeeeeehhh

EDIT: does deep thought neglect fast casting or stacks with it? coz....if stacks with fc, then you would just cancel that. If it cancels FC comepletely and adds an extra +% to casting..meh.

Mask of Deception + Shielding hands is not an efficient combo. Keeping in mind that the mask takes 3 seconds to cast while Shielding is 1/4 of a second, and the damage negates the effectiveness of block and blind and also only applies to melee attacks. It's also not a good idea to be a monk with illusionary as your secondary, either.

Troubled Thought: I took the preemtpive and made a skill that was less likely to get nerfed... :S

Deep Thought: The point of this skill is to reduce the effectiveness of FC. Of course its meant to be cancelled out :P, but your casting speed is still reduced, nevertheless.

windcaller
04-03-2007, 20:43
Mask of Deception + Shielding hands is not an efficient combo. Keeping in mind that the mask takes 3 seconds to cast while Shielding is 1/4 of a second, and the damage negates the effectiveness of block and blind and also only applies to melee attacks. It's also not a good idea to be a monk with illusionary as your secondary, either.

i thought even IW mesmers had monks in their parties.

Antillio
05-03-2007, 17:19
no idea if this sorta thing is posted already if so beg me pardon =)

genocide

10eng
20 recharge
attribute fast cast

All spells gain a radius by 1 for 30 sec ( assuming 16 fc )

normal spells get adjacent effect
adjacent get nearby
nearby gets in the area
in the area gets earshot

Terra Xin
06-03-2007, 12:59
i thought even IW mesmers had monks in their parties.

I don't know how relevant your statement is... what do you mean by this exactly? This isn't a spell to be used by just IW mesmers, nor is the IW build, the only Illusion Magic build out there...

windcaller
06-03-2007, 14:32
I don't know how relevant your statement is... what do you mean by this exactly? This isn't a spell to be used by just IW mesmers, nor is the IW build, the only Illusion Magic build out there...

that was an answer to your statement:

what i said was:

Mask of Deception + Shielding hands would negate almost completely the damage done, which would make it overpowered. Not your shielding hands, but a monk's.

thought i was clear :huh:

Terra Xin
07-03-2007, 12:55
what i said was:

Mask of Deception + Shielding hands would negate almost completely the damage done, which would make it overpowered. Not your shielding hands, but a monk's.

thought i was clear :huh:

If that were true, then Shielding hands + Shield of Absorbtion (or even Stoneflesh Aura, which is very very similar) would be even more overpowered. You need to look at these two skills that you have mentioned a bit more closely. The mask takes 3 seconds, and with your suggestion, you still need two players to pull that combination off. Keeping in mind they're both enchantments, it doesn't make you invincible.

Cardinal Cyn
07-03-2007, 13:25
I'd love to see something like this...

Reversal (Domination Magic, Elite, 10e 15r 1c)
For 5..10 seconds, target foe is hexed with reversal. The next spell cast by target has it's effects reversed and reversal ends.

Examples... you cast it on an enemy necro who then life transfers your monk. The monk gets +8 health regen and the necro -8 degen.

You cast reversal on the enemy monk. The monk tries to heal an ally but heals himself instead.

You cast reversal on an ele who then casts meteor shower... on himself.

Antillio
07-03-2007, 13:56
Muhahahah i love reversal that would Roooooock brill idea... only i would personally go for the name Confusion xD
i would drool seeing ele's aoe dmg themselve's

o this would be fun i haven't read all pages but your skill is my #1 favo ^ ^

offcourse mine second geheheh i really really wanna do a e-burn to 3 foes same time or a Image of remorse etc etc Anet i beg you make genocide & Reversal Auwuhahahah you made my day