PDA

View Full Version : Teleporting was Jokey Smurf (Rt/A build)

Goldfish God
16-02-2006, 02:27
Just a quick experiment in combining the new Factions classes (since alot of people will probably run either a Rt/A or A/Rt on release to speed up unlocking):

The name came after the concept, I'm not a smurf-fanatic or anything. :rolleyes:
At least some people should remember Jokey Smurf (http://www.progressiveboink.com/archive/ihbfd/jokeysmurf.htm) (link contains some mildly offensive material in the user comments) from "the smurfs". The guy liked giving people less-than-helpful presents, much like Ritualist Ash-pots are not always welcomed when you're on the recieving end.

Base Attributes:
Restoration: 11
Channeling: 10
Shadow Arts: 10

Restoration and Channeling are interchangable. Neither Primary attirbute of Ritualist or Assassin are in use so it may be possible to swamp the primary Rit for Assassin, though I'm not sure how that affects energy max values (Assassins get better armour, but Ritualists get runes on 2/3 of the attributes and possible more energy since they're more "spellcaster").

Skills:

Name cost cast reload att effect
1. Channeling Strike 10 2 12 Chl Direct damage. More for holding items.

2. Soothing Memories 5 1 5 Rst Heals, energy back for holding item.

3. Grasping w Kuurong 15 2 30 Chl Elite. Drop ash-pot for damage + KD.

4. Blind w Mingson 10 2 30 Rst Drop ash-pot for blind

5. Death's Charge 5 1 45 SdA SStep to foe, heal if foe health > yours.

6. Return 5 1 20 SdA Cripple adj foes, teleport to ally.

7. Recall 15+< 2 10 - Enchantment. At ends, SStep to target ally.

8. Lively w Naomei 10 3 60 Rst Drop ash-pot for area ressurection.

key
SdA = Shadow Arts, Rst = Restoration, Chl = Channeling, SStep = Shadow Step.

The idea is you summon an offensive ash pot, teleport to a foe (Death's Charge) or a forward ally (Return), drop your chosen pot/use Channeling Strike/Soothing Memories, before returning to a back line position using Return (on a back-line character like monks) or cancelling your Recall enchantment. Maintaining Recall while using Returns for normal escapes allows you a secondary fall-back position if nearby allies get oervwhelmed.

Alternately, you summon Lively was Naomei teleport to a dead ally & drop for ressurection (not sure if Recall/Return work on the dead).

Lastly, summon a pot and use either Soothing Memories/Channeling Strike to act as a backline caster, dropping the pot if your position comes under attack by meleers.

Specific alternative Skills:

Anguished w Lingwah 10 5 60 Com Drop ash-pot to make Pain spirit

Spirit Walk 5 1 none - SStep to a spirit.

Flesh o' my Flesh 5 5 none Rst Half your Health. Resurrect ally with energy + your current health.

key
Com = Communing

Anguished was Lingwah retains the pot-ash delivery system. Spirit Walk then allows you to get back to that spirit, or other spirits (allied or otherwise).

Anguished was Lingwah requires Communing though, so using a direct Channeling (attacking) or Restoration (defensive) Binding Ritual might be better. Spirit Walk would replace Return or Recall as Death's Charge is probably still needed for initial offensives.

Flesh of my Flesh is a faster-reload ressurection than Lively was Naomei.

Nuts!
Last time I checked teleporting didn't take items with you. :embarassed:
in that case, use a spirit/ally for near-forward deployment (not too near the front-line so you avoid attention), cast ash-pot spells at that location, run forward, then teleport back (which should drop & trigger ash-pot).

the other option is

Shadow Step 10 none 30 SdA Stance. You move 25% faster than normal. When SStep ends, you return to the location where you activated SStep.

create ash-pot, run in like a maniac, wait for duration to end to teleport back (dropping+triggerign pot). Replace Death's Charge with Shadow Step.

er, anyway, it'll be interesting to see how it plays :laugh:

Any comments, or things I've missed?

MaximumSquid
16-02-2006, 13:40
I know the game will change much with factions, but i'm hoping that Ninja Ressing won't become the new griefer build.

create ash-pot, run in like a maniac, wait for duration to end to teleport back (dropping+triggerign pot). Replace Death's Charge with Shadow Step. I wouldn't mind playing this . . .but my god it would be so annoying to run into.

Erasculio
17-02-2006, 18:28
I'm not sure of the mechanics, to say the truth. I'm not sure of what happens when you teleport with ashes in your hands, neither if you can teleport to dead allies. But your build(s) looks very interesting. Do post what you think of it after the event, when hopefully you'll be able to give it a try.

Erasculio

TBMarauder
17-02-2006, 20:35
Ashes drop once a 'teleport skill' is initiated, leaving it behind, and used.

QuixotesGhost
17-02-2006, 23:19
I had a similar idea for a build but instead of dropping ashes, I wanted to use Soul Twist to quick-cast offensive spirits and drop them into an enemies backline.

I'm thinking something like Dissonance.

Acerbus Aether
20-02-2006, 02:57
New FotM build anyone?

create ash-pot, run in like a maniac, wait for duration to end to teleport back (dropping+triggerign pot). Replace Death's Charge with Shadow Step.

Right after someone drops EoE and MoP on you. Saccers kill themselves, Lively Was Naomi. gg.

Modified EoE bomb.

Goldfish God
20-02-2006, 11:00
Right after someone drops EoE and MoP on you. Saccers kill themselves, Lively Was Naomi. gg.

Modified EoE bomb.
In the PvP that I tried, as soon as your whole team was dead you'd lose. Lively was Naomi wouldn't prevent it by bringing you back to life.

Bravo
20-02-2006, 12:54
You have mark of protection (thats what I'm guessing MoP is (could be mark of pain, mantra of persistance...)) so the edge damage is completely negated.

charrlover
20-02-2006, 13:52
:cool: the eoe + Lively was Naomi combined with the pot teleport spike is a rather funny idea. Pity the original build posted in the OP doesn't work it would be extremely funny albeit really really cheap IWAY style :grin:

Acerbus Aether
21-02-2006, 02:54
Damnit all! I thought that would work. Ah well, I tried. :smiley: