PDA

View Full Version : Temple strike+epidemic

flamingmarmo
19-02-2006, 17:51
Using temple strike+twisting fangs combo followed up by epidemic seems at least on paper to be an extremely potent combo however would the short range of epidemic mean that it was effectivly worthless using epidemic?(Ihaven't used epidemic before so don't know how good or bad it is in practice)

Erasculio
19-02-2006, 20:15
Keep in mind that we don't see Poison Arrows + Epidemic, Crippling Shot + Epidemic, Concussion Shot + Epidemic, Mind Burn + Epidemic or Gash + Epidemic for a reason. It costs a lot of energy and often it's hard to get enemies in such a short range. I have tried Epidemic, but it just didn't cut it for me.

Erasculio

Darl Brigham
19-02-2006, 22:04
I used to use blinding flash+epidemic.. works kidna nice, althought its still not a build that will work every time.

Ekrin
19-02-2006, 23:27
Keep in mind that we don't see Poison Arrows + Epidemic, Crippling Shot + Epidemic, Concussion Shot + Epidemic, Mind Burn + Epidemic or Gash + Epidemic for a reason. It costs a lot of energy and often it's hard to get enemies in such a short range. I have tried Epidemic, but it just didn't cut it for me.

Erasculio
but THOSE are only one condition per skill+epidemic while TS is two (and dazed owns casters) and concussion shot is 25 energy for daze while TS is 10.

skuldnoshinpu
20-02-2006, 02:22
It would be ok if all of the enemies were clustered around you, making you a tank of sorts... how efficiently an A/Me would be able to tank while trying to cause conditions is a different story, though.

Putting Temple Strike and Fevered Dreams together seems to be more worth it, although of course since Fevered Dreams is also elite this would be a 2-person combo.

Phex
26-02-2006, 06:24
The range on Epidemic is disappointing, that's why nobody uses it. You pratically have to be touching to get hit with it.

Fevered Dreams works nicely though, but it's an elite and so forth.

Ubermancer
26-02-2006, 13:58
Yes. Fevered Dreams is good. So good, itll get called and removed, fast.

Phex
26-02-2006, 16:48
Yes. Fevered Dreams is good. So good, itll get called and removed, fast.

True, but your Necro or Mesmer could also pack alot of hexes, and cover it up before it can get removed. Especially since most hex removal skills have medium-length cast times, with Mesmer fast casting (if their monk is good) you should be able to get at least 1 more hex on them.