PDA

View Full Version : Dulling Displacement's self-sacrifice

Kjentei
25-02-2006, 11:25
This is a great skill, one that would be a very awesome defense to the popular Warrior-pressure build. But I see it an even better use in PvE against those 'white creatures' that were in the Factions trailer.

Healing Seed, simply. And I'm talking about PvE. So whenever this spirit takes damage when an attack is evaded (16 Communing Magic = 49 damage per evade), Healing Seed (cast on the spirit) will dull the spirit killing itself by up to 30 healing (12 Healing Prayers), making it last longer and only taking 19 damage per evade. This is ignoring enchantment removal and/or specific spirit destroyal...which can be avoided if the spirit is as far away as the enemies as possible, or if it is ignore/not noticed by the enemies, which is likely since I'm talking about AI. Not just Displacement really. Earthbind, Shelter, Union especially...will all benifit especially from Seed. So my general point is, I predict this to become used as a spirit buff for self-killing spirits.

Does anyone know the exact health of a level 8 spirit, and can they work out that number divided by 19?... which should = how many evades the Spirit will be able to handle.

Xan'thrak
25-02-2006, 11:40
Without testing it, I can only assume that Rit spirits are just like ranger ones in that they cant be enchanted

TBMarauder
25-02-2006, 14:19
Without testing it, I can only assume that Rit spirits are just like ranger ones in that they cant be enchantedCorrect.

Rt. Binding Rituals cannot be healed, enchanted, conditioned, hexed, etc.

MaximumSquid
25-02-2006, 16:24
I think we could easily see dull weapon and the communing spirits used for high end pvp team builds.

against those 'white creatures' that were in the Factions trailer. Oh?

Does anyone have a link?

JeanDeathwish
25-02-2006, 19:23
Does anyone have a link?

ftp://ftp.guildwars.com/movies/gwfactions-gameplaytrailer.zip

Thats from the video section that can be found here:

http://www.guildwars.com/gallery/video/default.php

Also I assume Spirits' health follow the same equation as players health.
20(lvl-1) + 100 = total health

MaximumSquid
26-02-2006, 23:46
Hey thanks