PDA

View Full Version : Bucket of Blood (Rt/N)

MaximumSquid
28-02-2006, 05:29
Oh yeah. . . .This build is BullSh*t

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/7483/bucketofblood7pz.jpg

Bucket of Blood (Rt/N)

Spawning Power: 15 (11+4)
Curses: 6
Blood Magic: 12

Plague Touch (Necromancer Other)
Chilblains (Curses)
Parasitic Bond (Curses)
Dark Pact (Blood Magic)
Life Siphon (Blood Magic)
Vampiric Gaze (Blood Magic)
Attuned Was Songkai [Elite] (Spawning Power)
Resurrection Signet ()

*walks away from computer shaking his head. . .

*stops in the doorway and turns around

oh yeah. . . and on more thing. . .

Tell the SF assassins I said Hi!

Kahn Of War
28-02-2006, 07:42
If you think its so crap then why post it lol.

I might of got the wrong idea about all of this just a little confused.

The Experimentor
28-02-2006, 12:46
Crap? Oh, no...

MaximumSquid here may actually be one helluva freakin' scary genius. :cool:

Considering he's pairing Blood Magic spike with this:

ATTUNED WAS SONGKAI
Description: Hold Songkai's ashes for up to 45 seconds. While you hold her ashes, your spells cost 5-41% less Energy to cast. This is an elite skill.
Energy Cost: 10
Activation Time: 2 Seconds.
Recharge Time: 60 Seconds.
Linked Attribute: Spawning. Increases energy saved.
Skill Type: Enchantment Spell.

:afro:

Have to say, though, why not pair this with Air Magic spike or Fire Magic nukes? I figure Elementalist magic would have the most to benefit from this.

MaximumSquid
28-02-2006, 14:55
Have to say, though, why not pair this with Air Magic spike or Fire Magic nukes? I figure Elementalist magic would have the most to benefit from this. well you can already get 80% reduction with dual attunement on ele's. You'd be safer since they can't disable your "Jug", but you'll be doing less damage since your not an ele primary, and there is the 15 downtime that you may not have with attunement with +20% longer enchantmetns.

What's scary though is that the difference between 12 blood and 18 blood on life siphon is only 4 seconds! That's going to only change your drain from 132 life over 22 seconds to 156 life over 26 seconds. So your not a necro primary, and your working blood at 84% of the efficientcy. Half the cost means your actually working blood about 50-60% better than a pure blood necro with Offering of Blood or inspiration magic as your Engine.

A tainter can keep his whole team under his enchantment. It's going to be the same cost so now you can keep an entire other team under life siphon! The only counter to this is Recuperation, and wow How hard is it to kill a spirit?

But wait it gets better! you can layer parasitic bonds on top of siphon and not worry about running out of mana!

I'm not even going to get into the abuse of chillblains at half cost let alone the partial blood spike that I was able to still fit into the build.

Attuned Was Sonkai is going to make hex casters explode with deadly efficientcy.

Any of you recognize this CD by the Beastie Boys?

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1250/2beasties2xf.jpg

Go look it up and you'll start to understand what i'm talking about here

The Experimentor
28-02-2006, 16:38
Any of you recognize this CD by the Beastie Boys?

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1250/2beasties2xf.jpg

Go look it up and you'll start to understand what i'm talking about here
Heh heh. :grin:

well you can already get 80% reduction with dual attunement on ele's. You'd be safer since they can't disable your "Jug", but you'll be doing less damage since your not an ele primary, and there is the 15 downtime that you may not have with attunement with +20% longer enchantmetns.
We have to find out how the Attunement spells are going to interact with AWS. Is the attunement's return based on the base cost or the reduced cost?

Also, you can't combine Elemental Attunement with AWS because they're both elite! It's going to be a 5-41+% reduction, then a 30% return.

Speaking of which, we gotta keep in mind how the Attunements work. They refund a part of the cost of the spell, not reduce it. You may have an Attunement on, but you're still not going to be able to cast a 10 Energy spell if you only have 7. Rather, if you cast a 10 Energy spell, you get back 3.

That said, I still think the Rt/E AWS Big Nuke build should be looked into. Blood Magic is capable of spiking, but Elemental magic is better equipped for and more focused on direct heavy damage. With this strategy, if you can cast them fast enough, you will conquer... The downtime isn't even going to matter.

P.S. I figure that going above 12 in Spawning Power will net you an additional +3% reduction per attribute point. At 15%, that's a full 50%, and 53% at 16, but there's no point in having that extra tiny number. :laugh:

aeonbahamutzero
28-02-2006, 18:02
if you're blood nuking why not use shadow strike? it's a good way to start off a battle. also i'm sure there are better methods of enchant removal/condition causing than chillabains + plague touch combo. if i'm nuking i'm probably in the back. where chillabains won't help.

Erasculio
28-02-2006, 18:17
if you're blood nuking why not use shadow strike? it's a good way to start off a battle
It can't be spammed very well, considering how it becomes weaker after the target has lost half his health. Since this build works with repeating the spells over and over while spending very few energy, I'm not sure Shadow Strike would work here.

also i'm sure there are better methods of enchant removal/condition causing than chillabains + plague touch combo. if i'm nuking i'm probably in the back. where chillabains won't help.
Chillblains is one of the few (currently two) ways to remove Spell Breaker, for example. That alone makes it useful.

Erasculio

Artemis Shadowhawk
28-02-2006, 18:32
I like it. I like it a lot. I must've missed AWS when I read through the ritualist skills, but with that, this opens up a lot of possibilities for blood spiking. I might post my own build for curses or death in a bit.

Siru
01-03-2006, 15:07
..When I'm away few days wierd things start to happen :huh: (as BTW)

Not bad idea to start with. It might be a bit hard with this skill setup but the cost reduction doesn't hurt. Just a few more minutes at the drawing board and it might be good :thumbsup:

Oh! And thanks for showing that elite, I didn't notice it earlier :grin:

IMMORTAlMITCH
01-03-2006, 21:53
So why use this over OoB? OoB works fine for spamming spells except for maybe chillblains which you dont really need to cast a lot anyway

Artemis Shadowhawk
01-03-2006, 22:18
So why use this over OoB? OoB works fine for spamming spells except for maybe chillblains which you dont really need to cast a lot anywayWith AWS, skills cost 53% less (effectively 50%).
So let's assume you are using 10 energy skills, such as life siphon and vamp gaze. You can effectively spam these skills with no problem. Albeit, I'm sure there is not a huge difference between AWS and OoB. Except for the fact that AWS is Spawning and would also allow curse or death or channeling spamming, etc.

I would use AWS with Animate Bone Minions and Boon of Creation in the Rt/N Explosive Growth build. Animate Bone Minions would now cost 12 energy to cast AND you would get a return of 16 energy. Thus everytime you cast ABM, you gain 4 energy. Works for me.

Even 10 energy Spirit Rituals would have a return of 3 energy. 15 energy Spirit Rituals have a return of 1 energy.

jasongst
01-03-2006, 22:32
So why use this over OoB? OoB works fine for spamming spells except for maybe chillblains which you dont really need to cast a lot anyway
And on that point, Glyph of Energy would work fine with Chilblains and still allows for a N primary. Over time it doesn't save as much E as AWS though.

IMMORTAlMITCH
02-03-2006, 08:09
I really dont understand the point of this build to begin with, is this meant for PvE or PvP (if so, what type)? It looks like a pretty weak build for tombs and gvg could work in randoms and PvE but then again, pretty much anything works there.

Artemis Shadowhawk
02-03-2006, 16:37
It's a very energy efficient way to spamming life siphon on all targets with prasitic bond to cover it. We'll take Team arenas for example.

He'll be causing 3 pips of degen to every member of the opposing team while reaping the benefit 12 pips of regeneration. Stripping the life siphons with hex removal becomes more difficult due to the stacking of Parasitic Bond. Damage-wise a total of 12 pips of degen is 24 damage per second while keeping 20 hp per second regen.

Chiblains and Plague touch now become a great enchant removal and bonus degen pressure.

Follow the enchant removal with a spike of Vamp Gaze and from other members of the team and it's a quick easy way to begin a spike.

In my opinion this build would be used primarily as degen pressure. Then it can easily initiate the first step of any spike and that is enchantment removal. It'd actually be pretty effective in a blood spike gvg group.

I don't know if that is wha maximumsquid intended, but it is a way I could see it played.

IMMORTAlMITCH
02-03-2006, 17:01
Plague touch and chillblains require you to run up to someone to use though, and I dont really see how either of those skills are that important for any type of PvP (or even PvE).
The hexes are nice, don't get me wrong, but you can easily run the blood skills and heal party/other with just oob for energy management.

Artemis Shadowhawk
02-03-2006, 17:28
Chiblains is one of the few ways to remove spell breaker.

MaximumSquid
02-03-2006, 21:08
Just a few things quick

You can pretty much take the build anywhere.

Obviously if your going to move it to GvG or Tombs you will want to fine tune it for whatever build your running.

Chillblains with glyph of lesser energy works, but runs rather poorly since the lesser glyph has a terrible recharge, and will take up another precious skill slot. The fact that your already running AWS to reduce the cost makes chillblains that much more potent in the arrangement.

The real question is what else can you do with AWS?

My guess is plenty.

Rt/Mesmers with relentless domination magic or Mantra of Persistance illusion magic spam.
Other Rt/Necros working the Spawning Magic / Death Magic combos or spray curse hexes on the other team like an irregation system.
Rt/Monks that can cast Aegis, Convert Hexes, or Prot Spirit likes it's no big deal.

IMMORTAlMITCH
03-03-2006, 09:55
Chiblains is one of the few ways to remove spell breaker.

SB is only really used in tombs and usually not even worth removing (unless its on a ghostly hero maybe) and definately not worth bringing chillblains for as chillblains only removes ONE (1) enchantment, meaning that you can just stack stuff on SB so it doesnt get removed.

Doyle
03-03-2006, 21:34
SB is only really used in tombs and usually not even worth removing (unless its on a ghostly hero maybe) and definately not worth bringing chillblains for as chillblains only removes ONE (1) enchantment, meaning that you can just stack stuff on SB so it doesnt get removed.

The Skeletal Bonds in FoW use it (as my mesmer knows far too well).

Dullahan
09-03-2006, 23:28
Rt/Monks that can cast Aegis, Convert Hexes, or Prot Spirit likes it's no big deal.
Yeah being able to keep up prot spirit on all of your team members, and being able to cast some other heals is imo, going to become the new "team bond" build.
Do the ashes get dropped if you get knocked down or is there going to be some new skill that makes you drop them?