PDA

View Full Version : This may Sting a little. . . (A/Me) Build

MaximumSquid
01-03-2006, 19:31
Ok fine! So the build is a gymmick. . .but who isn't going to love a setup like this?

Assassin / Mesmer

Critical Strikes: 11 (10+1)
Dagger Mastery: 15 (11+4)
Shadow Arts: 7 (6+1)
Illusion Magic: 8

Desperate Strike (Dagger Mastery)
Echo [Elite] (Mesmer other)
Wild Strike (Dagger Mastery)
<Insert Awesome Dual Attack here>
<Insert Awesome Dual Attack here>
Shroud of Distress (Shadow Arts)
Illusion of Weakness (Illusion Magic)
Resurrection Signet ()

This build has a lot of flavor to it.

I know for a fact your opponent isn't going to be feeling well after 2 combos of desperate strike > wild strike > X.

You may be hurting for energy with this setup so I'd recommend you take critical strike for at least one of your dual attacks.

The real bread and butter of the build though is the Illusion of Weakness / Shroud of Distress. Nobody is going to see BS like that comming. Besides making way for +50 damage Desperate strikes your going to have your own personal Aegis rolling.

GormWolfblade
01-03-2006, 19:50
heh, that just made me think of Shadow Form + Illusion of Weakness. Haven't even seen that mentioned yet:huh:

Rustin
01-03-2006, 22:14
heh, that just made me think of Shadow Form + Illusion of Weakness. Haven't even seen that mentioned yet:huh:

I made a build using that and distortion + arcane echo for about 30 seconds worth of invulnerabillity...it was pretty fun during that pvp weekend, i'll tell you that.

MaximusOwnage
09-03-2006, 21:54
Hmmm... i'm thinking something like fevered dreams and spreading conditions. Maybe an assassin can play an invaluable role in GvG Fragways. Now that'll be fun...

Zhiallyrin
11-03-2006, 00:21
I have some A/Mo builds cooking that deal with some almost never die situations.. :D

And I'm not telling until I get it to work, to save your hassle! :grin:

Siru
11-03-2006, 17:24

Dang! You made my day :laughing: I've tried to think of something that had similiar effect but didn't thought that one comming.

That's wonderfull combo! Thank you Gorm & Rustin :thumbsup:

Phunkee
11-03-2006, 19:56
I have some A/Mo builds cooking that deal with some almost never die situations.. :D

And I'm not telling until I get it to work, to save your hassle! :grin:

Not sure how assassins work, but if they dual wield and hit with 2 weapons each round I guess you are looking at vigirous spirit, wich would give you 22hp every second? Also I think I read that Assassins can get hp for critical hits? If so potentially they should heal decently.

Siru
12-03-2006, 10:26
Also I think I read that Assassins can get hp for critical hits?
They get energy from critical hits.

Xunlai Agent
14-03-2006, 22:59
I made a build using that and distortion + arcane echo for about 30 seconds worth of invulnerabillity...it was pretty fun during that pvp weekend, i'll tell you that.
Distortion is a stance, so no you were not actually....

I like the Shroud of Darkness+Illusion of Weakness but it could also work if you had a monk that puts Divine Intervention on you...