PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Build

GormWolfblade
03-03-2006, 00:54
Don't know if this has been proposed before but here goes (it's a repeating strike build). Please feel free to help build this build heh.
I haven't thought of attributes for this yet, this is still 'alpha' stage build here.

Skills:
Shadowy Burden: Hex Spell. For 4-9 seconds, target foe moves 25% slower and while target foe has no other Hexes, that foe has 20 less armor against your attacks. 10/2/15

Black Lotus Strike: Off-Hand Attack. Must strike a Hexed foe. If it hits, Black lotus strike strikes for +1-25 and you gain +5-17 Energy. 10/0/30

Blinding Powder: Spell. Must follow an off-hand attack. Target foe becomes Blinded for 3-13 seconds. 5/1/20

Unseen Fury: Stance. For 10-30 seconds, you cannot be "blocked" or "evaded" by Blinded foes. 5/-/45

Signet of Shadows: Signet. Target foe takes 5-29 damage. If your target was Blinded, that foe suffers an additional 15-51 damage. 0/1/30

Way of the Empty Palm: Elite Enchantment Spell. For 5-17 seconds, off-hand and dual attacks cost no Energy. 5/1/30

Repeating Strike: Off-Hand Attack. Must follow an off-hand attack. If it hits, this attack strikes for +5-17 damage. If it misses, it takes an additional 15 seconds to recharge. 5/-/-

Shadow Refuge: Enchantment Spell. For 4 seconds, you have a 50% chance to "evade" attacks. When Shadow Refuge ends, you are healed for 30-102. 5/1/8

Basically you start with shadowy burden then quickly follow with black lotus strike. If the target isn't blocking/evaded you can chose just to skip to Way of the Empty Palm/ Repeating Strike. However if not, you use blinding powder then unseen fury, (so now they can barely hit anything and you always do!) Signet of Shadows is there for extra damage and something to do when you lack energy. Shadow Refuge is there for healing.
Since all your attacks are off-hand, you can use blinding powder at anytime and unseen fury helps make sure repeating strike hits so its not stuck recharging. What it does lack for sure is a big 'finishing move' and a res.... thoughts?

The Experimentor
03-03-2006, 07:23
Nice. I was wondering why didn't have any Lead or Dual attacks, then realized you didn't need them for your chain. That you're using an unconventional chain is good, as it makes this a little less susceptible to disruption- your opponents have to identify first which skill to interrupt. But you gotta be careful with your Black Lotus Strike, as 1) your opponent will stop your chain if he identifies this one skill as its key, 2) there's some time between BLS and Repeating Strike, so you're risking yourself as well. But you've got short times between skills, so all this really needs is in-game testing.

BTW, we'd like to see the Attribute Point distribution please. It'll help further appraise the build. TY.

Zaxares
03-03-2006, 07:35
I think this build has a lot of promise. Beware of Necromancers (Plague Touch, Spirit of Failure) and Mesmers (Clumsiness, Ineptitude, Spirit of Failure) as they can easily break an assassin's attack chain.

Bobross
03-03-2006, 08:36
Another possible weakness is hex removal/hex breaker (which is really common on monks and mesmers, and mo/me's especially). If that hex fails/gets removed before black lotus strike, you can't do a thing...other scenario that could happen is the hex's duration expires (9secs), blindness is removed, and one of your repeating strikes misses/gets blocked for whatever reason...there's 6 seconds where you can't really use most of your skills...not the worst thing ever, but could be annoying.

I think that using Siphon speed instead of shadowy burden may help to reduce this possibility. First it has a longer duration (13 secs) second, it has a lower cost (5) and recast time (5). The short recast time means you can cast it twice or 3 times if necessary to get past hex breaker (cast, "broken" opponent renews hex breaker, wait 5s, cast, "broken", wait 5s, cast -hex breaker still has 5 seconds left to recharge...you're in!) Since it makes you a bit faster, and them a bit slower, you still have that speed advantage on your opponent. Additionally It doubles as a sort of sprint, if you need to run away from a group.

I think that would address the main weakness of the build without taking from the flavor of it...which I think is really cool! Nice job!
-Emile

Turion Nolquen
08-03-2006, 15:06
jst thinking for the pure attack assasins that back up warriors, this build follows on from each other an gives u all the energy an hp u will need tho a monk wud b a must.

Lv 20 Assasin/ Mesmer

Attributes:
Dagger Mastery: 16 (12 + 3 + 1)
Shadow Arts: 12 (10 + 2)
Domination Magic: 10
Critical Strikes: 5 (4 + 1)

Skills:
1. Gold Lotus Strike - Lead Attack. If it hits, this attack strikes for +1...16 damage. If it hits a target that has no Enchantments you gain 3...9 Energy.
2. Wild Strike - Off-Hand Attack. Must follow a lead attack. If it hits, this attack strikes for +5...17 damage and target foe loses all Stances.
3. Death Blossum - Dual Attack. Must follow an off-hand attack. If it hits, Death Blossom strikes target foe for +10...22 damage and all adjacent foes take 10...22 damage.
4. Moebius Strike {e} - Elite Off-Hand Attack. Must follow a Dual Attack. If it hits Moebius Strike strikes for +5...29 damage. If you stike a foe whose Health is below 50%, all your other attack skills are recharged.
5. Exhausting Failure - Dual Attack. Must follow an Off-Hand Attack. Target foe's action is interrupted. If that action was a spell, target foe suffers from exhaustion.
6. Way of the Lotus - Hex Spell. For 10...30 seconds, the next time you hit target foe with a dual attack, you gain 5...13 Energy.
7. Way of Perfection - Enchantment Spell. For 10...30 seconds, when ever you successfully make a critical hit you gain 10...30 Health.
8. Shatter Enchantment - Remove an Enchantment from target foe. If an Enchantment is removed, that foe takes 14...83 damage.

start the battle wiv shatter enchant if the enemy has 1, that will lead to the combo having the greatest effect, the attacks giv energy, take of stances, deal AoE dmg, disrupt+exhaust spell casts and deal gud dmg.
hope u all like it was jst looking thru the skills :grin:

Selene Raseth
09-03-2006, 06:03
Might need to tweak your attribute assignments,turion; you're using 229 pts to make that.

Turion Nolquen
09-03-2006, 10:30
mayb lol was never good wiv numbers.
are u sure i keep getting 198 on the calc

Darl Brigham
09-03-2006, 15:18
I see a big flaw in both of these builds: Res sigs, where are they? A build shuld almost never be without a res sig