PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Rt/W builds?

Fenix Aurion
09-03-2006, 02:24
I doubt it there are any, but has anyone created a Rt/W build yet? We've seen Ritualist work well with all the other classes but what about warrior?

Artemis Shadowhawk
09-03-2006, 03:43
W/Rt would work much better.

However, that said, possible build concepts could include:

-Using weapon spells along with melee weapons.
-Ritual Ritualist with Warrior stances.

Other than that, I can't think of anything. Also, neither of those seem like very strong choices. Hopefully, someone will come along with a great build.

JeanDeathwish
09-03-2006, 06:01
The problem with /W secondary for many classes is the fact that without runes its rough on your other attributes to get to 9+ in a warrior weapon. So without using an axe/sword/hammer all you have to choose from is tactics, and most tactics skills are stances for defence. Those arnt that useful on a Rt IMO. And if you do choose to put 9 in a weapon line then you cant use any ash skills. The only combo I can see is Brutal Weapon + Flurry... But why not go IW...

Lady Lozza
09-03-2006, 07:03
Hmm, in all honestly I think this is even more useless than a E/W combo, I simply don't see any potential for it.

Siru
09-03-2006, 13:20
Hmm, in all honestly I think this is even more useless than a E/W combo, I simply don't see any potential for it.

There's many E/W builds that I have played that work greatly. I'm wondering have you used class combo E/W yourself? :huh: (No, this is by no means to be offencive)

I've looked in to ritualists skills and I think I'll take Rt/W. There's so many nice combos to be pulled with this class combo that it makes me cry for joy :grin:

Xunlai Agent
09-03-2006, 13:59
Elementalist/Warrior is not completely useless and I was just browsing when I found this build:
http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=378645&highlight=gimmick

It's kind of a funny build but it is extremely weak and vunerable.

A Warrior Secondary is usually utilized in two way, either people will use a weapon mastery to deal damage and add extras from their class to the mix or they only use defensive stances from the Tactics line to defend against warriors, which is the worst approach to a secondary warrior. I am sure we will find some use for Rit/Wars even if they seem to suck at the moment

~Xunlai Agent~

Lady Lozza
12-03-2006, 11:24
The main problem with E/W builds is that elementalists simply do not have the armour. The best utilisation of E/W (if you use weapons) is IMHO beefing up earth magic and using kinetic armour and obsidian flesh, add earthquake and aftershock + hammer knock downs and it might work but the moment you get another warrior coming at you, you will almost certainly die.
Rt/W would benefit the most from weapons spells, and maybe some of the channeling spells, but summoning a spirit (eg. pain) and then engaging the enemy in melee while standing next to it?
Once again running tactics for defence is possible, but I agree it isn't the best way of spending attribute points.
I fully believe that ANY combination is workable, in the right hands, but honestly both E/W and Rt/W are - IMHO - the least versitle, and are highly susceptable to the opposition. They might work against a certain set of opponents, but against all others they are usless. So for a certain map area they will work, and sure you can change later to a better make up for the environment. Sure funny builids work in random, and with a good team make up in TA, but for the broad application that is GvG, HA, and co-op in GW such builds are often (though not always) useless.

Xunlai Agent
12-03-2006, 14:27
Elementalist/Warriors suck outside of anything but 4 vs 4 but they aren't useless like you stated. The weak armor is awful and the only way to use them in my opinion really is to utilize KDs with some Elementalists skills that revovle around that. There are other possibilities but most are gimmicks that only work in Random!

The spirit summoning is often done by groups like IWAY actually so I do not see how summoning a spirit and then engaging the enemy will actually be a problem unless you cast the spirit right up front, meh maybe that is just me...

Lady Lozza
12-03-2006, 14:51
A team make up of say 8 Ritualist, some of which are warrior 2ndary, with spirit spam would possibly work, hell on the pvp weekend full rit teams dominated in RA, and I imagine that they could possibly do the same even in HA, depending (of course) on how the skills have been changed.
However, as a general character, it is my opiniion that the Rt/W offers even less than the E/W. At least you can tank with an ele - though they don't have to be warrior, I honestly don't see that happening with the Rt. Sure rits have some nice skills to increase health and all, but as a combo that can be played with several skill sets across multiple regional and game environments Rt/W really doesn't have much to offer.

Goldfish God
12-03-2006, 16:02
Yea, I'd definitely see W/Rt being more "obvious", going with whailing weapon (interrupts) and flurry etc, or the Weapon-Spell that allows auto-hits even through blind/evade/block. Weapon-spells are a definite boost to a warriors power since they'll stack with stances and shouts and skills (like warrior's cunning). AS for the other Rt skills, I don't think they'll interact with warrior's main functionality particularly well, except in the occasional pre-fight preping (start a fight by running in with blind ash-pot for some initial tanking/disabling advantage).

JeanDeathwish
13-03-2006, 00:59
IMO the number one reason for going W secondary as a caster is to get targeted less. Many times I run builds that dont use secondary skills and then with /W people dont think you can do anything.

lumimantteli
13-03-2006, 08:24
The main problem with E/W builds is that elementalists simply do not have the armour. The best utilisation of E/W (if you use weapons) is IMHO beefing up earth magic and using kinetic armour and obsidian flesh, add earthquake and aftershock + hammer knock downs and it might work but the moment you get another warrior coming at you, you will almost certainly die.

Yep, you are right. You can beat the crapout of W/X with E/W hammerist easily. But it takes all four opponents in RA to tear you down. I like the survivability of E/W.

Artemis Shadowhawk
13-03-2006, 14:29
IMO the number one reason for going W secondary as a caster is to get targeted less. Many times I run builds that dont use secondary skills and then with /W people dont think you can do anything.Lol. That's funny.

Fenix Aurion
15-03-2006, 06:25
Well, I'll attempt to create the 1st effective Rt/W build. I'll post it when I'm done.

Siru
15-03-2006, 11:50
Well, I'll attempt to create the 1st effective Rt/W build. I'll post it when I'm done.
You are not alone :thumbsup:

Rustin
17-03-2006, 04:29
The main problem with E/W builds is that elementalists simply do not have the armour. The best utilisation of E/W (if you use weapons) is IMHO beefing up earth magic and using kinetic armour and obsidian flesh, add earthquake and aftershock + hammer knock downs and it might work but the moment you get another warrior coming at you, you will almost certainly die

Haha well actually, I had a build similar to that, but I used stoning comboed with weakness and aftershock of course and the hammer on a E/W. The earth line and hammer skills compliment each other amazingly, believe it or not. so i dominated warriors somehow in random arenas. I was in a team with a R/W, a monk, and a necro, and we kept swapping out players cuz they would leave randomly, but we got 10 wins in random arenas and then went on to win 4 more battles in TA. It's all about how you play it, basically. Don't ever underestimate any class.

Fenix Aurion
22-05-2006, 05:23
There are some noobs running around in pvp RA as rt/w's. So far, I havent seen a single build that was effective. If anyone has made a good rt/w build, plz speak up.

Nozzie
22-05-2006, 22:21
I actually ran one during the head start just to say I did it, I never finished him but it was pretty fun.