PDA

View Full Version : Tyrian: The Powers of the Blood Stones and their possible locations.

terakhan
09-03-2006, 14:26
Most of us already know how the Mursaat are using the bloodstones. But I started reading the Manuscripts booklet, and something occurred to me. It says the gods withdrew some of the magic they had given all of the races, and divided it into four parts: Preservation, Destruction, Aggression, and Denial, as well as a keystone needed to unite the other four.

With the eruption of Abaddon's Mouth, the stones were scattered to unknown regions, though I think I have a bead on where at least three of them are.

Assuming each stone represents one of the spellcaster classes and their brands of magic:
Preservation = Monks (as visible by the healing waters of Maguuma)
Denial = Mesmer (lets face it, no one else is as good at it)
Destruction = Elementalist (raw torrential forces of nature)
Aggression = Necromancer (forcing corpses to rise to fight again, even against their own former allies)

We know of one bloodstone, and I know which one it is. In the (go figure on this part, eh?) Bloodstone Fen, we have the first we encounter. This stone seems rather passive on the outside, becoming little more than a sacrificial ground. But the manuscript says that the powers of the stones started leaking into the surrounding area. What is unique about the entire northern Maguuma Jungle, particularly the waters? The natural healing aura (aka Mending Junior). So we have the Preservation stone located for sure.

The Preservation stone made Maguuma a lush jungle, filled with healing waters. Impressive in scope, no matter how you slice it. Assumedly, each of the other stones would be equally impressive, but in their own way.

Back to the manuscripts, it says that the various guilds found out about the stones being back in the world, and started the Guild Wars to claim them, fighting without ever gaining advantage for fifty years. Ending rather abruptly because of the Charr invasion of the human lands. Less than a year after the invasion starts, the Charr encounter an obstacle. The Great Northern Wall, standing tall and seemingly unbreachable. So, it is my belief they turned to their own, recently acquired power. Look at the searing. Even the Mursaat seem incapable of generating a single spell that powerful. At most they maintain something already made.

So with Preservation out of the running, and Denial and Aggression not fitting the bill, we have one stone left: Destruction. Seems to fit the bill very well. It obliterated most of a nation's cities and villages, burned the plant life to ashes, evaporated the bodies of water leaving only oily sludge pools in their place. If that isn't destruction, I need a new dictionary.

Moving on, we have Aggression, which I believe would be the necromancer's stone. What other events do we know? A year after the Searing, the charr were at the gates of Arah. In a blast that obliterated an entire nation, the southern charr army was destroyed. Less than a year later, after having just driven the charr from their borders, the people of Kryta are facing a new menace: An army of undead, wearing the garb of the Kingdom of Orr. As any good Minion Master knows, regularly created undead return to the less 'un' state in fairly short order. One of the Yaks Bend quests has you drive off Verata as he is working on his own spell (Verata's Sacrifice) in order to lengthen the lifespan of his pets. But we are looking at an entire army, able to spread across an entire nation, with no sign of the typical accelerated decay of normal undead. That sounds like something that a stone that embodied the powers of necromancy could do. And yes, the book says the Vizier used a forbidden scroll to cause the Cataclysm, so I may be grasping at straws here, but there is nothing that says the scroll isn't similar to what the charr used to cast their spell, needing someone who had sampled the power of one of the stones to unlock it.

So at this point, I think I have three of the four stones located: One in Maguuma, one in the Charr Lands, and one at the bottom of the crater formerly known as Orr.

This leaves one last stone to locate, but I have my theory on that too. I kinda think the Mursaat have it. Look at everything they use: Spectral Agony, massive degen and damage spike. Call this life denial. The Ether Seals. True to mesmer style, they deplete your power just being near them (though they use elementalist spells, which I find odd). This isnt conclusive at all, and it could simply be the Mursaat's own magics (such as animating the Jade Armors).

Thats what I have so far. Time for the jury to deliberate.

Durza the Shadeking
09-03-2006, 14:58
Acctully in the last mission, Hells Precipice, you have to kill the lich with on top of the bloodstone. So in a way, you're rgiht that the Mursaat has it, for they controled the RIng of Fire (before you killed them)

Rob Van Der Sloot
09-03-2006, 15:25
At the end of the Dragon's Lair mission Glint says that there is a bloodstone in the Southern Shiverpeaks which the White Mantle planned to sacrifice Evennia and Saidra on.

One of the bloodstones must be the keystone, one must be denial and one must be Aggression. I agree that the preservation stone is the one in Bloodstone Fen, no doubt about it. But do note that while standing near this Bloodstone players are under influence of the Curse of the Bloodstone, which makes resurrection skills take 4 times as long to cast. (From the guildwiki) This is a bit of a contradiction with the preservation aspect.

I think you'll have to reconsider where all the bloodstones are though. There is no direct link that indicates the Charr have a bloodstone, and I think the bloodstone at the Door of Komalie is most likely to be the keystone, since it's in the crater of the vulcano.

Your arguments for the destruction bloodstone and the Searing are valid though. Indeed they do point at a link. But then what aspect would the bloodstone in the southern shiverpeaks have?

Scutilla
09-03-2006, 16:14
I agree with Rob that the keystone is probably the one in the Ring of Fire, and the argument for the Preservation stone sounds solid as well. I'm not sure about the other ones though... the powerful spells you have mentioned could have come from other sources.

All we get to see of the Searing is a Charr Elementalist chanting on top of one of their flame temples, so we don't really know how they accomplished it. However, as I've pointed out in one of the other threads (dunno if it's been discussed further), the crystal meteors are basically the same as the formations in the desert. So, I would suspect that the Searing is related to there somehow (I won't speculate how right now).

If memory serves, I believe the spell that caused the Cataclysm was on a forbidden scroll buried underneath the palace. No mention of a Bloodstone here.

Mursaat (and Seers) are extraplanar creatures, so I doubt their power is tied to a Bloodstone, since they're a strictly Tyrian phenomenon.

I'd say that it's just one of those loose ends that never get tied up- we know about the Maguuma stone, the RoF stone, and the Shiverpeaks stone that we never see, but we don't know where the other two are.

Serena Corvidae
09-03-2006, 16:18
It's an interesting theory you've put forward there. Just to recap the Bloodstone's locations that we are certain of are in Maguuma Jungle, Souther Shiverpeaks and Ring of Fire Island Chain.

I think you're right that the stone in Maguuma is the Preservation Bloodstone. I wonder if the stone in the Southern Shiverpeaks is Aggression, as the Dwarves are locked in civil war.

Sir Jack
09-03-2006, 17:12
Uhm, isn't another Bloodstone visible during the "Ice Caves of Sorrows" mission? In the area before you free Evenia and Saidra.

Anyway, I don't think the Searing was caused by a Bloodstone directly, since in Pre-Searing, you can find (and kill) the Charr on the altar where they invoke the Searing. You can also see it in the cinematic. They may have had some outside help, but they were no where near a Bloodstone as far as we know.

Also, all Bloodstones cause rez skills to take 4 times as long, so the one in the Maguuma Jungle is probably the Conservation one.

I'm also not sure if the Bloodstone in the RoF is in fact the keystone. I always thought the Keystone was a small bit of the stones, and it could be found somewhere else.

nkuvu
09-03-2006, 17:23
My guess is that the Charr ritual tapped the power of the Bloodstone, which doesn't mean it needs to be right on top of it. And who said that the Bloodstone would lose its power if it was buried (i.e., not visible)?

Also, resurrection could be going "against the flow" of any Bloodstone's magic. Like swimming upstream, it takes extra concentration and effort to resurrect.

Just an off-the-cuff theory or two.

Quintus Antonius
09-03-2006, 17:27
I'm willing to bet a Bloodstone will turn up in Cantha.

We only know the locations of three of the Bloodstones, and the possible identification of each one, however, that leaves two Bloodstones unaccounted for.

As for the effects of Bloodstones, I agree with what is already said. I particuarly liked the theory of the Dwarf civil war being caused by a Bloodstone, however, I don't feel that it is necessarily true. Intercultural wars happen all the time, and Bloodstones are not the cause of them. I feel that, in reality, it is much more likely the Dwaves are just warring over trivial matters, just like a thousand other wars on Earth. If human nature has taught us anything, its that you don't need a legitimate reason to go to war, and there doesn't need to be a mystical influence to fuel it.

nidy
09-03-2006, 21:13

We only know the locations of three of the Bloodstones, and the possible identification of each one, however, that leaves two Bloodstones unaccounted for.

As for the effects of Bloodstones, I agree with what is already said. I particuarly liked the theory of the Dwarf civil war being caused by a Bloodstone, however, I don't feel that it is necessarily true. Intercultural wars happen all the time, and Bloodstones are not the cause of them. I feel that, in reality, it is much more likely the Dwaves are just warring over trivial matters, just like a thousand other wars on Earth. If human nature has taught us anything, its that you don't need a legitimate reason to go to war, and there doesn't need to be a mystical influence to fuel it.
Speaking of which, I've been contemplating the idea that anvil rock is a bloodstone. Any comments on this? Makes sense to me, the
"Forge of the Great Dwarf", and well, it looks like one.

teh Monkeys
09-03-2006, 22:59
The Great Forge, somewhere in Anvil Rock, is where the dwarves were born. And the dwarves were born millenia prior to the creation of the Bloodstones.

The shiverpeak bloodstone is located somewhere in the south.

Durza the Shadeking
09-03-2006, 23:05
I think that the keystone would not have the same affect as the bloodstone do to lack of Order of Magic inside it. What makes you think that being in a volcano makes it a keystone. In my Opinion it beinging in a Volcano (refernce to the ELEMENT fire) would make it seem more like the Destruction stone.
Just my 2 cents

terakhan
09-03-2006, 23:30
I was tired when I posted this, wanting to get it down before I forgot it. What I meant to say regarding Orr was that yes the Vizier probably did use a forbidden scroll to cause the cataclysm, but that the presence of the Aggression stone was responsible for the reanimation of the rest of the Orrian undead we see.

As for the stone in the Southern Shiverpeaks, I went through Ice Caves of Sorrow this morning, just to be sure. Unless it is hidden REALLY well, there is no Bloodstone there. As was said, there is an aura around the stones that prevents the resurrection of the dead on it (kinda goes with the fact that yes, you are trying to swim upstream. The stone is trying to funnel the soul to they Door of Komalie's seal, and you are trying to put it back in its body). There was only one spot in the whole place that could be a bloodstone, and there was no effect on it at all.

Always did seem really stupid, regarding Evennia. She was captured in Sanctum Cay. Yet instead of just sailing her back to LA and marching her over to the Fen, they drag her up through the Shiverpeaks to try to sacrifice her on another bloodstone.

Now, where is this Anvil Rock? Figurative location, or actual visible location in game?

Arctus Redryn
09-03-2006, 23:53
Your points about the Bloodstone in Bloodstone Fen seem logical. I thought the Bloodstone in the caldera of the Ring of Fire volcano is the keystone Bloodstone as well, but that is without any support.

Now, where is this Anvil Rock? Figurative location, or actual visible location in game?

Anvil Rock is a huge ledge over a valley near Ice Tooth Cave.

RilderView
10-03-2006, 00:07

Intresting Idea, perhaps that "Death Wail' we heard about is tied to the bloodstone

Quintus Antonius
10-03-2006, 00:13
Intresting Idea, perhaps that "Death Wail' we heard about is tied to the bloodstone

If the Canthans are as ritualistic as we are led to believe, then I'm betting they go and do stupid things like executing people on a Bloodstone, and this time, they did it to the wrong darn person.

Arkhan The Black
10-03-2006, 01:23
Well maybe Shiro escaped when the doors of Komalie was unsealed then? When the Ascended broke the seal all the other sacrificed souls was set free as well. So that could also make us responsible for the current mess in Cantha.

(Man this hero gig doesn’t come with a paradise vacation in some oriental land after all.)

Keevan Draco
10-03-2006, 02:24
I just got the pre-order copy today, and reading the lore booklet it states that shiro was killed in the imperial palace with his own twin daggers. I don't recall if it ever said anything about a ritual sacrifice or bloodstone, but it did say that he had access to dark energies, and his death shout created a wave of power that turned the seas to jade, and the forests to stone.

makes me wonder if Shiro had access to the same forbidden scrolls as the visier. Could be a connection there between the cataclysm, the searing, and cantha.....must ponder further.

Quintus Antonius
10-03-2006, 02:43
I just got the pre-order copy today, and reading the lore booklet it states that shiro was killed in the imperial palace with his own twin daggers. I don't recall if it ever said anything about a ritual sacrifice or bloodstone, but it did say that he had access to dark energies, and his death shout created a wave of power that turned the seas to jade, and the forests to stone.

makes me wonder if Shiro had access to the same forbidden scrolls as the visier. Could be a connection there between the cataclysm, the searing, and cantha.....must ponder further.

I never said he was sacrificed on anything. Asian cultures tend to be highly symbolistic in their architecture and religions, they may have built the palace on a Bloodstone for all we know. I'm just saying, it wouldn't surprise me if it was involved somehow.

Keevan Draco
10-03-2006, 03:25
it would be cool to see the palace built on a bloodstone, I wonder if the ambiant magical field it generates would somehow affect the structure.
Also it would make sense for the war between the Kurzicks and the Luxons, each side fighting each other due to the influence of a bloodstone.

Lazarus Dio
10-03-2006, 03:53
My question is how long ago did the volcano erupt sending the bloodstones around the world? This is an important factor to consider when linking the stones to other events. For instance the Palace-on-Bloodstone theory would only be feasible if the eruption occured long enough for a palace and giant city to be built and grow on top of it. This isn't meant to be a refute as I am not sure when it happened. I never did get a box for the game so maybe those with the official lore could find the answer.

JeanDeathwish
10-03-2006, 04:44
As is ever the case with peace, it once again came to an end when the volcano erupted. spitting out that five stones and scattered them across TYRIA.
As we know, Cantha is not included in Tyria. So that means all the Bloodstones are in the world we now know and not going to be in furthur expansions.

Regarding Evennia being slain in the shiverpeaks rather than maguuma: I believe the Bloodstone located in the shiverpeaks to be more powerful than that of maguuma. The keystone might be located there. But this contradicts itself. If the keystone has the power to unite all the other Bloodstones, then why all the separation of dwarves in the shiverpeaks?

Or it could be the fact that they slay chosen on the Preservation stone to preserve the Door of Komalei. With the Shining Blade being the Mantles enemy and Evennia their leader, I think her death would not be for Preservation but for Revenge, which brings to mind Aggression. Also the aggression in the shiverpeaks explains the Civil Wars.

Scott the Green
10-03-2006, 05:02
Regarding Evennia being slain in the shiverpeaks rather than maguuma: I believe the Bloodstone located in the shiverpeaks to be more powerful than that of maguuma. The keystone might be located there. But this contradicts itself. If the keystone has the power to unite all the other Bloodstones, then why all the separation of dwarves in the shiverpeaks?
My answer is that the Shiverpeak bloodstone is the Aggression stone. Its magic leaked into the surrounding lands and turned the Stone Summit against their Deldrimor bretheren, leading to the division we see today.

One of the dwarves wandering around Droknar's Forge says "I have cousins in the Summit, but we never talk. I just don't understand the way they think!" (or something to that effect). Dwarves are usually considered fairly easy to figure out (they like mining, ale, and fighting), so for a whole group to think differently than their stereotype is either the result of a cultural revolution or a magical influence.

Quintus Antonius
10-03-2006, 17:27
As we know, Cantha is not included in Tyria. So that means all the Bloodstones are in the world we now know and not going to be in furthur expansions.

Actually, your wrong about that. Tyria is not only the continent, but it is also the planet's name. Gaile clarified this in one of her talk sessions. Tyria is the planet as well, so when it says the Bloodstones are spread throughout Tyria, it could very well include Cantha, as it is not specific about the Tyria (continent v. planet) that it is refering to.

Or it could be the fact that they slay chosen on the Preservation stone to preserve the Door of Komalei. With the Shining Blade being the Mantles enemy and Evennia their leader, I think her death would not be for Preservation but for Revenge, which brings to mind Aggression. Also the aggression in the shiverpeaks explains the Civil Wars.

Civil Wars do not need a motive to be started. Look at the American Civil War, it was started over how the different sets of states wanted the government to be run(it didn't become about slavery until after the Emancipation Proclimation). Brothers, cousins, and fathers and sons were all pitted against each other in some cases. In Africa, civil wars are a daily occurance, and for what? There is no real reason for the two groups of the same race/religion/creed to be fighting, other than they just are.

As I've said before, it doesn't take a magical influence to start a war.

teh Monkeys
10-03-2006, 20:06
Just because it doesn't always take a certain influence, in this case a magical one, to start a war, does not prove the dwarven war didn't get influenced by the bloodstone.

The eruption of Abbadon's Mouth and the scattering of the blood stones is what, indirectly, started the Guild Wars. I believe the bloodstones are more than capable of corrupting the dwarves into a civil war aswell.

Besides, the dwarven civil war has only been going on for.. what, a century at best? A few years/decades after the eruption.

teh Monkeys
10-03-2006, 20:09
Eep, double post.

Quintus Antonius
10-03-2006, 21:21
Just because it doesn't always take a certain influence, in this case a magical one, to start a war, does not prove the dwarven war didn't get influenced by the bloodstone.

The eruption of Abbadon's Mouth and the scattering of the blood stones is what, indirectly, started the Guild Wars. I believe the bloodstones are more than capable of corrupting the dwarves into a civil war aswell.

Besides, the dwarven civil war has only been going on for.. what, a century at best? A few years/decades after the eruption.

I concede it is a possibility; but we learn from the Deldrimor Dwarves that the war started over foreign policy. The Stone Summit are xenophobes, while the Deldrimor saw the benefits of helping outsiders.

Also, it's important to consider the radius of an erupting volcano. It wouldn't have erupted in one direction. There is a chance a few Bloodstones are on the seafloor. There is an awful lot of water about.

Stardrake
11-03-2006, 03:29

If we accept the hypothesis that individual bloodstones cause wars to start by their presence (I think there is an indication that the eruption of the volcano reintroducing the bloodstones did cause an increase in strife, but that may not necassarily require the bloodstone's physical proximity to apply), the keystone might actually be the worst in that respect. After all, it is the one for the bloodstones to be united, and when were the wars at their worst? Before the bloodstones got seperated

Sir Jack
11-03-2006, 12:05
From Eratimus' topic about the tale of Shiro.

Two hundred years ago,...

Shiro's skill with a blade was unmatched by anyone on the continent, and he revealed in carnage. What turned him from the stawwart and honorable man who protected the life of the emperor into the cowardly murder who stole away the pride of Cantha? Nobody knows. What is known is that two brave champions finally bested Shiro, striking him down with the very same weapons the former bodyguard used to slay the emperor.

Is there an exact time known about the eruption of the volcano? If it was ~200 years ago, there might be one in Cantha...
But it's probably a whole different motive...

Warison
15-03-2006, 03:04
A little off topic, but bloodstone related:

Are these the symbols for the four magic disciplines?

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/1160/symbols1oc.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Quintus Antonius
15-03-2006, 03:11
I don't think they are the symbols for the four main, persay, because there is no symbol for chaos or necromancy there. I'd say those are just the symbols for the original henchmen, Stephen, Reyna, Orion, and Alesia.

nkuvu
15-03-2006, 03:58
Those are the o-fish-al symbols for four of the classes. Warrior, Ranger, Elementalist, Monk (top down).

Warison
15-03-2006, 04:00
I must not be assigning symbols to schools the same as you.
It seems necromancy and chaos are forms of denial. Necromancy - deny health and life, Chaos - deny reality (not well put).

denial - Shield (depicts denial/blocking) - Necromancer/Mesmer
aggression - animal paw - warrior
destruction - fire - elementalist
preservation - ankh - monk

The ranger class seems to fit across the schools.

However, I'm not so sure we should try to assign a symbol to a specific class of henchman. Overt or subtle combinations of each school are available through the henchmen.

So you are proposing that even in the later missions the banner still pays tribute to the original fab 4 henchmen?

Warison
15-03-2006, 05:04
this post is not really directed as a reply to any individual's post

Dwayna - Goddess of Monks and Elementalists (Air)
Balthazar - God of Warriors and Elementalists (Fire)
Grenth - God of Necromancers
Lyssa - God of Mesmers
Melandru - God of Rangers and Elementalists (Earth and Water)

Regardless you have 5 gods and 4 schools of magic.

Dwayna = preservation and destruction - ankh and fire
Balthazar = agression and destruction - paw and fire
Grenth = denial - shield
Lyssa = denial - shield
Melandru - preservantion and destruction - ankh and fire

For the sake of argument I contend the ankh = life

If the symbols were simply symbols for the first four henchmen, wouldn't the number of symbols increase when you add the mesmer and necromancer. It does not. The symbols are constant through the final missions when you have 8 henchmen to choose from.

Ranger Nietzsche
15-03-2006, 21:56
I agree with Barinthus taht the symbols are for the four henchmen, that banner is only found near the henchmen.

Also Warison, you list is slightly wrong, the lore says Grenth is the god of Ice and water. Thats why elementalists get pwned by mesmers, cuz tehy dont worship lyssa :P.

I dont see why melandru should have a school of magic associated with her. Except for governing the earth power of elementalists, she is mostly associated with nature, nature existed before magic. THis also helps the issue of more gods than schools. And I dont see how you can consider necromancers not agressive, they curse a lot after all.

Also, assigning the symbols to professions rather than teh schools of magic makes teh most sense to me for a few reasons:

1. they are found near henchies, which are essentially the most pure forms of their professions (no subjob).
2. then you have one symbol per hench, rather than the strange straddling of gods and schools that warison has presented
3. most players are unaware of teh schools of magic, which are only referenced in teh lore, for the banners to be so prominantly displayed next to the henchmen I would think Anet would be more general
4. Go check your faction points and buy some skills, those symbols are identical to teh symbols above the professions ranger, monk, warrior, and elementalist

and finally, as einstien said, the most simple explanation is probably the correct one.

Quintus Antonius
15-03-2006, 22:05
Also, Elementists don't have a god. I forget who says it, but he says, "Elementists don't worship one god, we seek knowledge from everything." That's why there is no god-statue for that class.

I wouldn't call necromancers aggressive either. I don't know about you, but everytime I've seen a necromancer "tank", it turned out bad. Not aggressive at all...

nkuvu
15-03-2006, 22:12
I must not be assigning symbols to schools the same as you.
The icons used to be listed as the banner icons on the Fansite kit page (http://guildwars.com/community/fansites/kit/skillicons.php). Those have changed since then, but I'd bet that the icons are still in the manual somewhere.

Warison
15-03-2006, 23:03
the Lore's description of each of the old gods:

Dwayna
The goddess of life and air, Dwayna is the even-tempered leader of the old gods. Her followers are mainly healing Monks and Elementalists specializing in air magic (though in times of war, there are few denizens of Tyria who have not let fly a prayer to the Winged Goddess to spare them or their loved ones). Dwayna is often depicted as young, tall, and slender rising over the ground on huge feathered wings.

Balthazar
The god of war and fire, Balthazar is often worshipped by Warriors and Elementalists, though there are Monks who have been known to follow his scriptures as well. Army commanders and guild lords will often say a few words to the Bastion of Martial Glory before leading their followers into battle. Balthazar is frequently shown holding a greatsword, its tip lodged in the ground, with a pair of battle hounds sitting at attention at his feet.

Grenth
Necromancers learn early that the way to true power is by bowing down at the foot of the god of death and ice and pledging total, undying allegiance. Statues of Grenth depict the god with the body of a man and the skeletal head of a drawn-faced beast. Often, there are followers at his feet, grasping toward his open, clawed hands, clamoring for the powers the unforgiving deity may feel so inclined to heap upon his subjects.

Lyssa
The twin goddesses of beauty and illusion, Lyssa is the patron god of the Mesmer profession. Many a spellcaster has fallen under the charms of these two, making it easy for them to choose to specialize in the mesmeric arts. Lyssa is usually portrayed in her natural state—a pair of twin, intertwined goddesses, back to back, no illusions or glamours involved. There are stories of young men stopping to gaze longingly at statues of the beautiful goddesses, only to forget themselves and die of thirst while simply looking on.

MelandruThe goddess of earth and nature, Melandru is the favored god of Rangers and earth Elementalists. It is said the Maguuma druids at one time worshipped this deity, but there are none alive today who can confirm the truth of this rumor. Melandru is frequently depicted as a human female torso whose lower body is the trunk, branches, and roots of a living tree. Her statues attract weary travelers. Beneath her branches await plenty of fresh water and shelter from the elements.

I will continue my research here.....

And you dont have to follow up with andy clich'e like "well, good luck with that, or let me know that turns out"...LOL:rolleyes:

nkuvu
15-03-2006, 23:22
the Lore's description of each of the old gods...
What does this have to do with the Bloodstones again?

Warison
16-03-2006, 02:06
I think that there are four schools of magic shared among the 5 old gods. Each bloodstone represents a school of magic. However to my knowledge ther is no symbolic representation for each bloodstone therefore supposedly none for each school of magic. I was attempting to link to the four schools of magic to each of the gods and to the symbols above the henchmen. That clear it up for ya?

Quintus Antonius
16-03-2006, 02:21
I think that there are four schools of magic shared among the 5 old gods. Each bloodstone represents a school of magic. However to my knowledge ther is no symbolic representation for each bloodstone therefore supposedly none for each school of magic. I was attempting to link to the four schools of magic to each of the gods and to the symbols above the henchmen. That clear it up for ya?

What if there isn't a connection between the Bloodstones, the Old Gods, the Schools of Magic, and the Henchmen?

I agree with you that the Bloodstones each represent a school of magic, and that a school of magic is aligned to a certain god and class, however, I really think its a stretch to link the symbols to anything but the henchmen themselves.

nkuvu
16-03-2006, 04:27
The symbols are the symbols for the professions. I can't prove this explicitly, since ArenaNet has changed the page I originally found these symbols on. But I'm 100% positive that the symbols are not used to convey different schools of magic. They're professions.

But go to the Temple of Balthazar and talk to a Priest of Balthazar. Click the unlock skills tab. Note the icons used for the professions. They're smaller and less detailed than the ones posted earlier, but they're the same.

Symbols are professions. Not magic.

Warison
16-03-2006, 04:28
What if there isn't a connection between the Bloodstones, the Old Gods, the Schools of Magic, and the Henchmen?

I agree with you that the Bloodstones each represent a school of magic, and that a school of magic is aligned to a certain god and class, however, I really think its a stretch to link the symbols to anything but the henchmen themselves.

Well we know ther is a connection between the first three (Old gods, bloodstones, and schools of magic) maybe not the last (henchmen). I concede for now.

Warison
17-03-2006, 14:15
The symbols are the symbols for the professions. I can't prove this explicitly, since ArenaNet has changed the page I originally found these symbols on. But I'm 100% positive that the symbols are not used to convey different schools of magic. They're professions.

But go to the Temple of Balthazar and talk to a Priest of Balthazar. Click the unlock skills tab. Note the icons used for the professions. They're smaller and less detailed than the ones posted earlier, but they're the same.

Symbols are professions. Not magic.

Ah ha! another discovery : Profession Runes: http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=enchantmentrunes6ek.jpg This is in the "Sciences Compendium" Why are the symbols on the runes different from the ones on the banner above the henchmen?

terakhan
17-03-2006, 15:35
And here I was hoping you had dropped this off-topic discussion.

Think of them as two different kinds of things.

On the banner, we have a symbol. Not necessarily for the classes standing around waiting to be hired, but for the idea that is the mercenary waiting area. Like how any area with a armor or weapon crafter (not a collector, the actual crafters) has an anvil sign nearby, showing where they are.

As for the runes, considering this game is already full of different made-up alphabets, is it hard to picture that in some obscure in-game language those runes actually mean what class they are for?

As for the skill unlocking menu, I would go for the easy to remember, simple symbols over having people struggle to remember what rune was the class they wanted to unlock for.

Now, back on topic (where this thread hasn't been in a while), does anyone have a transcript of what Glint says in her mission? If she does not say there is a bloodstone in the shiverpeaks, then I have an alternate explanation for it.

In Iron Mines of Moladune and Thunderhead Keep (though that one is only in the last cutscene) there are really weird structures that by the endscene of Thunderhead, are teleporters connecting to the Ring of Fire. So the Mursaat might have been planning on sacrificing them on a stone, but the stone in Abaddon's Mouth via the portal devices.

nkuvu
17-03-2006, 15:37
Ah ha! another discovery : Profession Runes: http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=enchantmentrunes6ek.jpg This is in the "Sciences Compendium" Why are the symbols on the runes different from the ones on the banner above the henchmen?
Because they're runes.

Why are the symbols at the Priest of Balthazar different from the profession runes?

Quintus Antonius
17-03-2006, 18:00
I think I may have an explanation for why the number of henchmen symbols on the banner never changes, even thought the number of henchmen increase.

This is because the banner is the banner of the original band of henchmen, that is, Alesia, Orion, Stephen, and Reyna. Remember, the way the game is set up, we are to assume that this group, like Cynn, Devona, Mhenlo, and Aidan, are following along the same path as the players do. Because they are mercanaries, they need to be hired, and to make their presence known, they have to carry that banner around, and plant it anywhere they want to find business.

The reason it doesn't increase, is because the other henchmen joined later. Little Thom was hiding out in the Shiverpeaks, and joined up when the Ascalonian refugees arrive. Dunham and Claude were travelling with the civilians and decided to enlist and help the refugees. Lina was in the Desert trying to Ascend when our group arrives and joins up. As for Cynn, Devona, Aidan, and Mhenlo, we know they were suppose to interact with us following a cooresponding storyline that ANet never bothered to finish.

That's why the banner never increases. The other henchmen came to the banner, no the other way around. Up until now, people have been assuming the banner was just randomly sitting there, and the henchmen decided to congregate under it, when in reality, it was brought by the original group of four who joined us after the Searing.

There are a variety of sites out there that provide information on the henchmen and their backgrounds, for some reason, GWO doesn't post the backgrounds of them. Do a Google search for "guild wars" henchmen and include a name like "orion elek" or "alesia baptiste". The henchmen are pretty interesting, its a shame ANet didn't include more about them past the Betas when they had full names and histories.

margretli
17-03-2006, 19:42
This might be just a silly question. Could there be any connection between the Keystone (the one that unite the 4 blood stones) and the mesmers' elite skill Keystone Signet which you cap at Spearhead Peak?

Warison
17-03-2006, 19:54
I thought about dropping it too..but when I found them called "profession runes" I couldn't resist. I'll try to accumulate more info b4 next post. Thanks/sorry for the indulgence.

dividedpower
17-03-2006, 19:57
Along that train of thought Margretli, signet rings cost no energy to cast, because they draw upon the power of the bloodstones.

It sounds stupid, and is stupid; but look at the skill description:

All of your other signet except Keystone Signet are recharged. All of your non-signet skills are disabled for 17-7 seconds. This is an elite skill.

So, grabbing wildly at the air I conclude this:

The 'Keystone Signet' pulls upon the power of the keystone to renew each signet ring using the joint power of each bloodstone. The resultant power flowing into the ring is what disables your non-signet skills.

Well...Makes sense to me :\

Also, perhaps the bloodstone is located near Spearhead Peak then?

Ranger Nietzsche
17-03-2006, 20:11
I like the signet idea....

Every time you rez a buddy with Rez Signet in pve or pvp you are rezzing him off of the power of tens of slayed Krytan innocents :P

margretli
17-03-2006, 20:22
So, grabbing wildly at the air I conclude this:

The 'Keystone Signet' pulls upon the power of the keystone to renew each signet ring using the joint power of each bloodstone. The resultant power flowing into the ring is what disables your non-signet skills.

Well...Makes sense to me :\

Also, perhaps the bloodstone is located near Spearhead Peak then?

I maybe mis-understanding the basic definition of a signet skill in GW terms. I was thinking more along the lines that these signets are actual fragments of the different blood stones themselfs. If you think about it, a volcano erruption is a very powerful thing. It's powerful enough to spit out these huge blood stones, it only make sense that during this event, tiny little fragments of the blood stones themself will break off and be scattered through out Tyria...

Quintus Antonius
17-03-2006, 21:42
I don't think Signet Rings are that complicated. I always imagined they are just enchanted pieces of jewlery, nothing to do with the Bloodstones. At least, most. There may be a few that do draw from that power, as has already been suggested.

Arie Culvere
25-03-2006, 03:13
Regarding the portal at the end of the Thunderhead Keep mission, I believe that the portal is opened up by the Vizier himself in order to fascilitate your journey to the fire islands. This is after he uses Dorian's corpse to create wraiths to fight the rest of the battle in the cutscene.

I believe that the bloodstones would be limited to the land of tyria based on the fact that Factions is being promoted as a stand alone game. Although there may be more subtle links between tyrian and canthan culture the bloodstones are a major part of the storyline in Tyria. This is merely speculation based on how Arenanet may market as opposed to in game proof.

Arie Culvere
25-03-2006, 03:36
Another quick thought. If the keystone signet relation to the bloodstone theory holds true, then wouldnt the use of a bloodstone draw all or most of what it is affiliated with out of the area? If this is true then the bloodstone in Bloodstone Fen would be tied to the Necromancer attributes. I do not believe this is the case but it is food for thought.

Also, people are looking for looking for bloodstones in disaster. it was greed over the bloodstones that caused the Guild Wars, not the stones themselves. Instead of looking for places of destruction people should look for places of power. Wouldn't it be something if a bloodstone is what made the wall stand against the charr as long as it did. After all it was only breached by the most powerfull of magic.

just a little food for thought to keep ideas fresh.
have fun

spondy
21-08-2006, 19:03
Many people seem to think that the bloodstone at Abadon is the keystone. Yet, where has it been said that the keystone has be of similar size to the other four parts? Couldn't it be a small rock that fits in your hand?

Perhaps it could even be a part of the Sceptre of Orr! Sheding some light on why the Sceptre controls the Titans (connection between the portal and the bloodstones).

Kelen
21-08-2006, 19:57
As for the rumoured Bloodstone in the Southern Shiverpeaks, could it be that Bloodstone that caused the destruction of the mythical City of Moladune??

Just a thought to throw into the cauldron...

Quintus Antonius
21-08-2006, 20:02
As for the rumoured Bloodstone in the Southern Shiverpeaks, could it be that Bloodstone that caused the destruction of the mythical City of Moladune??

Just a thought to throw into the cauldron...

That's something that has been proposed actually. That the city collapsed when the Bloodstone (which is nearby coincidentally enough) landed.

Santax
21-08-2006, 21:38
There is also a Bloodstone in Hell's Precipice, the "master bloodstone" that keeps the Door of Komalie closed.

Also, I think there amy be bloodstones in Cantha, Elona and possibly other places - the definition of Tyria has been changed to planet, not just the continent anymore by ANet. I think this may be the reason why. Perhaps in C4 we will go back to the Guild Wars that happened immediately before The Searing, find another bloodstone, perhaps, and start off another Story Arc.

Elvin Drude
21-08-2006, 21:52
yeah i was thinking the next stone may be in Elona, the continents are connected, so it is feesable the volcano might just have reached it.

Quintus Antonius
21-08-2006, 22:02
I smell plot function.

ShadowReapr
21-08-2006, 22:52
I've mentioned it before, but I believe tied to (not literally) each bloodstone is a scroll depicting it's use (if only through incantations, rather than actually explaining the effect). That is how, I reckon, the Mursaat figure out how to use the Bloodstone in Bloodstone Fen. This, to me, also explains how the Charr knew how to use a Bloodstone against Ascalon (if that is what they used, as has been theorised). This ties into the ever-popular theory that the Charr found a hidden scroll in the catacombs of Ascalon.

But that leaves the other two, and this is where the link goes a bit unprovable. On the one hand, the Vizier's use of the scroll in Orr might have been Aggression - something that always has a negative effect, hence the Cataclysm - or Denial - ie, denying the Charr onto Arah, the so-called Sacred Land.

On the other hand in the Shiverpeaks, what might cause a civil war, regarding the Summit's xenophobia? Why, of course, Aggression. However, in Sorrow's Furnace, we have the scroll that denies the Great Dwarf's nemesis of his power. Which would imply Denial is the stone in the Southern Shiverpeaks.

Unfortunately for my belief of the Tome, it would be much more logical to assume that Orr held Denial, while the Shiverpeaks held Agression. Even more unfortunately, there's no way to tell. In the Shiverpeaks, we don't have an exact date that the Bloodstone found it's way there, or the forming of the Stone Summit. If the two dates were similar, it would mean it was more likely Agression. If the stone predated the Summit by a long time (after all, we do not know how long it took for everyone to find them) then it veers more to the likelyness of Denial.

But, well, that's my theory. Feel free to shoot it down at your leisure.

teh Monkeys
21-08-2006, 22:56
..Why would there be scrolls like that? Mortals have no buisness in dealing with bloodstones. So why would the gods create such scrolls?

Quintus Antonius
22-08-2006, 03:03
I'm not sure I follow what you are trying to say Shadow. I think you have your definitions a bit confused. The Bloodstones control magicka, Denial Magicks (think domination mesmer), Aggression Magicks (think warrior), not the actual concept of denying or aggression.

Tanith
12-02-2007, 03:53
I can see I'm going to have to start paying closer attention to NPC dialogue. I had no idea there was a "mythical city of Moladune", I thought it was simply a mining town that got overrun by Mursaat. :shocked:

Back on topic...I have not yet completed Nightfall and can't until my replacement video card arrives, so I'm just gonna ask: Is there in fact a Bloodstone at the end of NF?

Tanith :smiley:

Quintus Antonius
12-02-2007, 05:21
No. Not that I know of. Prophecies, yes, Nightfall, no.

shadowhand
12-02-2007, 05:59
I can see I'm going to have to start paying closer attention to NPC dialogue. I had no idea there was a "mythical city of Moladune", I thought it was simply a mining town that got overrun by Mursaat. :shocked:

Back on topic...I have not yet completed Nightfall and can't until my replacement video card arrives, so I'm just gonna ask: Is there in fact a Bloodstone at the end of NF?

Off topic: - it's not in NPC dialogues, but somewhere else...

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q126/combatgoat/moladune.jpg

And as far as I've seen, no - there's no bloodstone at the end of Nightfall. Unless it's hidden very well.

It might be somewhere else in Elona, though, but I've not seen it. Or, recognized it as a bloodstone, at least.

Tanith
12-02-2007, 20:06
That's even more embarrassing. How many times have I gone there, either to do the mission or just explore, and not paid attention to that paragraph? :embarassed:

Back to the topic at hand...I'm a little surprised to hear there is apparently no Bloodstone in Nightfall. And I'm even more surprised to learn that the developers haven't yet worked the Keystone into the game storyline. If it's needed to unite the others, seems like somebody (the Lich, for example) would be turning the whole world upside down in an effort to find it and the others. Or maybe if somebody gets hold of the Keystone, it will function like Tolkiens One Ring and reveal the locations of the others to the holder. Either way, it would make a good plot device.

Barinthus
12-02-2007, 20:52
Well like Gaile said to someone who didn't understand why they're working on chapter 4 since the storyline is "finished", Gaile replied that there's so many questions unanswered. Bloodstones for one. Others such as what happens to Stone Summit? What's up with the Charr? Mursaat homeland? Seers? Kyrtan royal family?

Quintus Antonius
12-02-2007, 22:30
The Bloodstones are huge, no one person could pick it up and carry it around to unite the others. I believe the Keystone is the one at Abaddon's Mouth, to be honest.

Tanith
12-02-2007, 23:24
Naturally reassembling the Bloodstones would have to take a pretty impressive act of strength...or magic. Not impossible in a fantasy world, however. After all, Stonehenge and the Pyramids were impressive engineering feats, and they're real. I'm just saying. :wink:

On what are you basing your belief that the Abaddon's stone is in fact the Keystone, Quintus? Because it was being used to keep the Titans imprisoned? That would be my guess.

Quintus Antonius
12-02-2007, 23:34
I have no basis to form a hypothesis, it is a personal guess. We did do some research into the Bloodstones a while back, and many people believed that the Keystone was there, as it is the main Bloodstone used by the Mursaat to keep the Door shut, it is also smaller than the other two.

Tanith
12-02-2007, 23:41
Yes, that makes sense.

Have many attempts been made to locate the remaining two Bloodstones? My own guess is they, like the city of the Mursaat, would not be visible unless the developers wish for them to be located. And of course they might be in some region that's not accessible to player characters...yet.

Tanith :wink:

Gmr Leon
12-02-2007, 23:44
Than the other two? You are referring to the one supposedly in Anvil Rock right? If not then I can't think of any other locations that were proposed to withhold a bloodstone..

Blazing Liger
14-02-2007, 07:49
Ummm....the one in Bloodstone Fen, perhaps? :rolleyes:

Quintus Antonius
14-02-2007, 15:37
I didn't know there was a Bloodstone at Anvil Rock, I thought it was just a anvil shaped rock. The two Bloodstones are Iron Mines of Moladune, and Bloodstone Fen.

Gmr Leon
14-02-2007, 21:54
Well I remember reading in some threads deep in the Lore Forum where there was speculation on a bloodstone in the Shiverpeaks and it being that giant anvil shaped rock.

Now that I cleared that bit up, where is it said that there is a bloodstone to be found in the Iron Mines of Moladune? If you're guessing that from the the little blip of info when you select it then I can see where you got the idea. However, I wouldn't declare that as a fact..Unless I missed something in the mission..

Quintus Antonius
14-02-2007, 23:09
Excuse me, I meant Ice Caves of Sorrow. I always get those two mixed up. And yes, you can see the Bloodstone. It looks exactly the same as the one in Bloodstone Fen, including the Jade Mursaat "soul containers" that hang around it.

Tanith
14-02-2007, 23:26
When I get my video card in and can actually play again, I'm going to make a special trip to go look at the one in Ice Caves. Been there plenty of times, but I'm always preoccupied with finishing the mission and not paying close attention to my surroundings.

I'm guessing it's somewhere close to where all those Mursaat are milling around, where Saidra does her Leeroy Jenkins impression, correct?

Quintus Antonius
14-02-2007, 23:45
To be honest, I don't remember the exact location. I know it is in the other Bloodstone thread though.

terakhan
16-02-2007, 08:40
Okay, from what I understand of this whole mess now, here is what we have:
1. Abaddon's Mouth stone - believed to be the Keystone as it is directly on the lock.
2. Bloodstone Fen stone - Believed to be the Preservation stone, due to the waters of Maguuma near it all having regenerative effects.

Those are the only confirmed stones.
As for one of my old theories, what I have read of the Nightfall plot reveals I was wrong about the Charr having a stone.

Regarding the theorized Ice Caves stone, I don't think it is actually there. Why the Mursaat didn't use the one in the Fen or sail directly to the Ring of Fire is still a mystery, but I think they were going for one of their portals, presumably the one in Moladune, since the one in Thunderhead goes to Emberlight Camp (where there is a surprising lack of an exit portal).

Reasons for this thought:
1. The spot suspected to be a Bloodstone has no effect. Neither the visual effect indicator on the HUD, nor the severe decrease in res speed.
2. If that were the stone, the Mursaat would have no need to imprison Evennia and Saidra, they would have just executed them right there and been done with it.

There is still a slim possibility that the stone attached to Necromancy is in Orr and aided in the creation of the lich and the undead armies he leads. But I wouldn't put money on it anymore.

Santax
16-02-2007, 15:14
Okay, from what I understand of this whole mess now, here is what we have:
1. Abaddon's Mouth stone - believed to be the Keystone as it is directly on the lock.
2. Bloodstone Fen stone - Believed to be the Preservation stone, due to the waters of Maguuma near it all having regenerative effects.

Those are the only confirmed stones.
As for one of my old theories, what I have read of the Nightfall plot reveals I was wrong about the Charr having a stone.

Regarding the theorized Ice Caves stone, I don't think it is actually there. Why the Mursaat didn't use the one in the Fen or sail directly to the Ring of Fire is still a mystery, but I think they were going for one of their portals, presumably the one in Moladune, since the one in Thunderhead goes to Emberlight Camp (where there is a surprising lack of an exit portal).

Reasons for this thought:
1. The spot suspected to be a Bloodstone has no effect. Neither the visual effect indicator on the HUD, nor the severe decrease in res speed.
2. If that were the stone, the Mursaat would have no need to imprison Evennia and Saidra, they would have just executed them right there and been done with it.

There is still a slim possibility that the stone attached to Necromancy is in Orr and aided in the creation of the lich and the undead armies he leads. But I wouldn't put money on it anymore.

But there is definitely one in the Southern Shiverpeaks - the one that Evennia and Saidra were going to be sacrificed one. That is a definite. Whether it's in an area accessible at all is another thing, but there is definitely one there somewhere. Also, this "portal" doesn't go to Ember Light Camp, but rather straight to the Door of Komalie in Abaddon's Mouth, inside the Mursaat stronghold.

Remember, sometimes the devs make mistakes with the Bloodstones... for example, the one in the new Olias quest doesn't have the Curse of the Bloodstone, even though it is clearly active.

Camaris Spectre
02-03-2007, 19:59

*click* I've read that description and seen the 'stone, but it never occurred to me that Moladune ended with a bang when a bloodstone landed on it.

Sounds like the name of a Dredge city..

Unknown Hatred
03-03-2007, 16:22
just a thought:

5 Bloodstones, 5 'continents' in Tyria: Ascalon, Kryta, Crystal Desert, Shiverpeaks, Ring off Fire.

Theory A (Sensible one)

Ascalon:___________:Destruction(the Charr couldn't of drawn on that much power to Sear Ascalon without the Titans or Abaddon actually BEING present)
Kryta:Bloodstone Fen:Preservation (massive jungle, full of life)
Crystal Desert:_________:Denial (the forgotten are the 'stewards of the desert' and seek to deny Ascension)
Shiverpeaks:Iron Mines of Molande (or nearby):Aggression (although the OP views this as necromancy, it could be representive of the Summits aggression.)

Theory B (conspiriacy theory)

GWEN IS THE KEYSTONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Wandering Slacker
16-08-2007, 06:58
If you ask me, the stone in Abaddon's Mouth must be Denial. It keeps the Titans at bay, preventing them from entering the world of Tyria. It's reflective of what a mesmer's role in magic is.

Quintus Antonius
16-08-2007, 16:49
Good point. However, I think that it could still be the key stone, afterall, it's the "key" to locking and unlocking Komalie.

That said, you have good logic there.

Forgotten Legend
17-08-2007, 02:52
something else to consider: the elite skill Keystone Signet.

it recharges ALL signets, regardless of magic school, (see my last paragraph in this post) and it is capped in spearhead peak, (now the question is... how did the ice golem "rune ethercrash" get ahold of it? from someone else who took it from the keystone? or did he take it from the keystone himself?) near Granite Citadel. since we all know that a signet is a ring, it's safe to assume that the keystone ring is a small piece of the keystone.

and the description of the keystone is that without it, the other four bloodstones cannot be reunited into one stone, therefore, no ONE person/creature can control ALL forms of magic. that the "people" (i use the term loosely, as their are other races) would have to cooperate to use it all.

Rob Van Der Sloot
17-08-2007, 03:03
That skill is an interesting addition to the mystery of the Bloodstones. Thanks for bringing that up. Overall I believe lore-wise that this might be one of Tyria's greatest mysteries. It outranks the whole Destroyer mystery on my scale. Though there is of course no way for us players to bring the stones together, locating all of them would seem to me like a very important task for the lore forum.

Ascalon:___________:Destruction(the Charr couldn't of drawn on that much power to Sear

I don't think the Bloodstone would be in Ascalon. We haven't seen any sign of it. The Lich already showed that causing great destruction does not need a bloodstone, a forbidden scroll is all you need. Still, if the Searing was created with the power of one of the Bloodstones, then surely it should be within the Charr Homelands? (in other words, in Eye of the North)

I bet our Genghis Charr would be sitting right on top of it.

Ranger Nietzsche
17-08-2007, 03:37
the keystone signet thing has been debated before, along with theories that all signets are powered by the bloodstones (thats why they cost no energy)

I still think its unrelated.

The Wandering Slacker
17-08-2007, 08:23
I get the feeling that the Keystone hasn't been discovered yet, and will be what Menzies (or whoever the Great Destroyer turns out to be) is trying to get their hands on in GWEN. So we'll go on a grand search for the Keystone and confront the Great Destroyer on top of it, once again, in a volcano in the northwest of Tyria... Ya think? :3

The Wandering Slacker
20-09-2007, 21:21
Well, I haven't quite beat GWEN yet, but I thought maybe I'd revitalize this thread. I came across another Bloodstone, as many have by now, west of Droknar's Forge. It is located deep in a dungeon (3 floors down) at the southwestern tip of Sparkfly Swamp... which is just northeast of the proposed former kingdom of Orr (that shattered looking tip of the Crystal Desert).

The Great Destroyer's motives also seem to be much more simplistic than what I'd suggested, lol.

Valrena
20-09-2007, 21:55
Well, I haven't quite beat GWEN yet, but I thought maybe I'd revitalize this thread. I came across another Bloodstone, as many have by now, west of Droknar's Forge. It is located deep in a dungeon (3 floors down) at the southwestern tip of Sparkfly Swamp... which is just northeast of the proposed former kingdom of Orr (that shattered looking tip of the Crystal Desert).

The Great Destroyer's motives also seem to be much more simplistic than what I'd suggested, lol.

Yeah, there is a 3rd confirmed bloodstone location...now where the bloody hey are the other two lol?

And for the GD...well let's just say his motives may have been fairly simple (destroy)...I doubt the one he serves has such a one track mind.

psionicflames
30-10-2007, 12:39
Just thought id point out, that people assuming the ring of fire bloodstone has to be the keystone because it guards the lock on the door of kormalie isnt necessarily the case. The keystone wasnt created to imprision the titans, but to be the key to reassembling the bloodstones. Its use to power the soul batteries was a secondary use by the mursaat (granted, probably with some form of 'divine' help). The fact that it remains in the volcano, so far from the other pieces, however, does lend some credence to the the thought that it might be the keystone.

Question? Could the Lich have bound Rurik as an undead because he was a descendant of King Doric and might have some ability with the bloodstones? Also, if its his line's task to guard the stones, doesnt that suggest that King Adelbern's little destructive act that hasnt happened yet might have been to prevent the charr from reaching the stone? And perhaps the two swords either channel or draw on the power of the stone?

Granny Monk
11-01-2008, 17:35
Assuming each stone represents one of the spellcaster classes and their brands of magic:
Preservation = Monks (as visible by the healing waters of Maguuma)
Denial = Mesmer (lets face it, no one else is as good at it)
Destruction = Elementalist (raw torrential forces of nature)
Aggression = Necromancer (forcing corpses to rise to fight again, even against their own former allies)

We know of one bloodstone, and I know which one it is. In the (go figure on this part, eh?) Bloodstone Fen, we have the first we encounter. This stone seems rather passive on the outside, becoming little more than a sacrificial ground. But the manuscript says that the powers of the stones started leaking into the surrounding area. What is unique about the entire northern Maguuma Jungle, particularly the waters? The natural healing aura (aka Mending Junior). So we have the Preservation stone located for sure.

Edit: To remove the post -- found what I was looking for in the Prophecies manuscript.

Apologies for pulling this up.

Amanda Creamwave
17-01-2008, 11:13
the other reason why the ring of fire one is thought to be the keystone is because its smaller then the bloodstone fen one, and it seems to serve some other purpoise, else the mursaat would maybe just sacrefice chosen at the caldera, but seems they dont.

now we talk about this, im still wondering why we found the lich in the realm of torment, when we kill the soul batteries, the spirits are released, shouldnt the lich's spirit be in the soul batteries?, if he is, how can he be in the realm of torment if his spirit is locked in those batteries.

La Jaffa
20-01-2008, 16:59
I Made a map whith where the Bloodstones are and where they Posible can land .. the other 2
GREEN = Bloodstone
RED = Possible landing spot
, The one in the sea is very posible because the Stones where shot in diferent Directions, so it can be that 1 or both the Bloodstones can be katapult in sea.

and the bloodstone evennia and that other girly (Whats her name?)
are being sacrificed on by the mursaat thats the one is near shiverpeak, or actualy at the doorstep of the shiverpeaks.
AND, i didnt mark it bu perhaps a bloodstone can be on the tarnisht coase..
maybe its just under the sea before a coast ore something

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9128/tyriabloodstonesiy1.png

theoriginalbraingoo
25-01-2008, 22:00
Always did seem really stupid, regarding Evennia. She was captured in Sanctum Cay. Yet instead of just sailing her back to LA and marching her over to the Fen, they drag her up through the Shiverpeaks to try to sacrifice her on another

I wasn't able to read far into this post for time reasons, but I wanted to go ahead and weigh in on this one real quick. My apologies if this has already been taken care of...

It would seem to me that since the Shining Blade have a tendency to intercept the White Mantle's convoys of chosen en route to Bloodstone Fen, leading Evennia to that very same bloodstone is just begging for an ambush by the Shining Blade. Wouldn't it be more tactically sound to discreetly move her to somewhere farther away from the Shining Blade? And, as the Shining Blade are more accustomed to fighting in the jungles, the Southern Shiverpeaks seems like the perfect place to execute such a high profile prisoner.

Just my thought...

Gmr Leon
25-01-2008, 23:16
That is a good point Braingoo, especially considering that in the Shiverpeaks even if they did escape they wouldn't know where to run as they're fairly unfamiliar with the terrain. Plus, the whole of the Shiverpeaks was covered with hostiles at the time.

Hostiles:
White Mantle.
Stone Summit.
Centaurs.
Dryders.
Frost Wurms.
Giants.
Mursaat.

Inconveniences:
Lack of knowledge regarding terrain.
Constant fighting between the Dwarves making it difficult to find the Deldrimor Dwarves.
A large army of Mursaat are patrolling a good portion of the mountains.

Conclusion? If they escaped, without any outside help, they were almost certain to die.

theoriginalbraingoo
26-01-2008, 04:59
Whew, good, so I didn't make myself look like a complete dufus on my sixth post in this forum. Though one other thing sticks in my head as sort of odd...I know that the bloodstones were scattered when the volcano in the Ring of Fire erupted, right? Well, I've seen the one at Bloodstone Fen and the one that seals up the titans and those things are huge! It must have taken some tremendous force from that volcano to scatter something that massive all over Tyria, to say nothing of several things that massive.

Not only that, but would something that big really hold up under the release of all that potential energy? One poster's response about the possibility that the keystone being a small stone (small enough to put in the Scepter of Orr) sticks in my mind. Could it be possible that the gi-normous bloodstones like the ones that we see in Bloodstone Fen are actually just carved constructs with the real bloodstones imbedded in them? Perhaps the bloodstones themselves could be small enough to be held in one's hand and what we see as the bloodstones are merely large platforms that serve as some kind of focus for them.

And if you follow the theory of the Charr using one of the stones in the searing, that would explain why we don't see a bloodstone in the cutscene.

Probably ridiculous, but it's just a thought.

La Jaffa
26-01-2008, 19:06
it can be trough, one drup of blood isnt gonna cover a whole stone of 2 meters..

Karuro
26-01-2008, 19:20
Prophecies' "non-gore" factor during Bloodstone Fen aside, Justiciar Hablion pretty much chops all the Chosen their heads off. And the blood gushing out of that is quite a lot.
Either way, I think the carvings on the bloodstone's center is where the blood/soul has to collect for absorption. And thats where the people get killed on.
And iirc, the Lich has to be in the center, on those carvings as well, to be killed during Hell's Precipice.

Still not sure if the Bloodstone in the Bloodstone Caverns is the Stone where Evennia & Saidra would be killed on. As the entrance is pretty much sealed up.
Then again, this begs the question if the Mursaat didn't seal it when they knew Komalie would be opened and the Titans running around free.

Gmr Leon
26-01-2008, 23:24
And if you follow the theory of the Charr using one of the stones in the searing, that would explain why we don't see a bloodstone in the cutscene.

I was hoping I could avoid adding another sticky to our already sticky-covered Lore Forum area, but I suppose I should. That is, another threads of on-going research thread.

The reason I say this is because if you check one of the threads, that I think is still on the first page, it includes a copy of The Ecology of the Charr. Within that article it details how the Searing was a product of the Cauldron of Cataclysm and not a Bloodstone. Thus dispelling the old theory of the Charr using one to cause the Searing.

La Jaffa
29-01-2008, 13:00
But if the blood stones where very tiny, why are they sealed in a big Stone thing
because in the bloodstone caves there is an rock and its a little smaller then bloodstone fen
i dont think that the gods could make a thing wich was the size of a bug , there giants, they needed little hands to make it..

Rob Van Der Sloot
29-02-2008, 07:06
But if the blood stones where very tiny, why are they sealed in a big Stone thing
because in the bloodstone caves there is an rock and its a little smaller then bloodstone fen
i dont think that the gods could make a thing wich was the size of a bug , there giants, they needed little hands to make it..

The Gods don't have any size at all. They could have made the bloodstones at any size they saw fit.

La Jaffa
29-02-2008, 10:29
Yes, but there always pictured as big,
but now i think of it they could have human forums as in the tale of lyssa
my bad...

terakhan
03-09-2008, 02:54
Alright, after quite a long break from this site, I am back and resuming my research on this topic. That being said, I need some information from the people who have done the appropriate mission. That information being, what traits if any are exhibited in the area surrounding the stone?

More reasoning behind my doubts about Ice Caves being the location of the stone:

In all directions of travel from where Evennia is being held, there are Stone Summit. I don't think the mission was the sacrifice site, so much as where the intended sacrifices got pinned down. We know the Mursaat can obliterate the dwarves with very few casualties on their part, only really losing when they get caught in siege attacks, but the Mantle guards would probably be slaughtered, along with any other humans they had with them. So, at this point I am assuming the Mursaat team at the end were actually well-timed reinforcements sent for to break the dead-lock and let them proceed to the proper destination. That they arrived in time to chase you (or clear your way if done the other way) was merely coincidental.

That being said, what would their route have been to get where they were? If we can figure out the route, we can establish where else there was NOT a known stone. What I would really like is a timeline for the Stone Summit and Grenth's Footprint. Specifically when the Summit were formed, and when the Footprint was 'established'. Being that it is in the center of dwarf territory, and the dwarven practice of what to do when something gets in your way (powder kegs), I almost think we will never find one of the stones.

As I mentioned in another thread, every region where strange magic is prevalent we have elementals. And I mean in large quantities, not just a spot here or there. Wizard's Folly near the tower, Mineral Springs near the satellite dish looking thing, Drakkar Lake near... well, the lake and its contents. Then just outside Grenth's Footprint we have an elemental BOSS who has a skill called Keystone Signet (as was mentioned earlier in the thread). If my new theory is right and the elementals form from the magical energies of the area, that boss could have formed around a fragment of a bloodstone blown to pieces to clear the way for the dwarves, granting its powers and its unusual class (as I recall every other elemental of that type was either warrior or ele, and that boss is the only mesmer).

If the Mursaat were keeping tabs on things like I think they were, once they figured out what happened at the RoF, they probably would have had someone figure out where the pieces went. After capturing Evennia, and knowing the BSF stone was unavailable, they probably consulted the old data, and saw the stone that hit the Shiverpeaks. Dragging Evennia along, they get to where it should have been, only to encounter a lot of ticked off dwarves and no stone, then driven to the Ice Caves which is actually a reasonably defensible spot, barring stampedes and siege weapons aimed improperly.

As for not using the one in the Gadd's Encampment area, as was mentioned it is 3 floors underground. When they searched they probably didn't dig for the stones, or didn't actively search once they had the BSF one located and usable.

To quote the old classic Chrono Trigger: "That is my belief. At least for now."

Shinryu
03-09-2008, 03:24
epic post of fortitude my friend.

I like that idea, I believe thats the nail in the coffin for that last bloodstone also.

Gmr Leon
03-09-2008, 04:28
I doubt it. It seems likely to me that the Bloodstone seen in the Bloodstone Caves isn't exactly three floors down as it is three floors into the mountain. I say this because we can see the hole from which the Bloodstone entered into where it is now. From its appearance, it seems it hasn't been used by the Mursaat, as they seem to harvest the "jade" that sort of grows off of the Bloodstones. However, it does seem that they may have sealed it; if we are to take the symbol on the door and Bloodstone Fen to be crafted by the Mursaat to harness their energy when a sacrifice is made.

I'm not quite sure what the plan was, with the Mursaat, but it seems more likely that there isn't a Bloodstone nearby and available for use. Instead it seems like they may have been investigating the area for it and taking Evennia and Saidra along as guinea pigs in case they did find it to see what would happen if a sacrifice were made on it.

It does just say that "rumor has it there is another Bloodstone in the mountain peaks". However, from what I'm able to tell of Linsey's response, the Bloodstone found in the Bloodstone Caves is the Shiverpeaks Bloodstone.

Hope this makes sense, I was looking for the source talking about the Shiverpeaks and Bloodstone and modified this a bit to fit the confirmation of there even being a rumor of one.

Konig Des Todes
03-09-2008, 04:54
I agree with Leon with the Bloodstone in the Bloodstone Caves not bring three levels underground, but three levels into the dungeon. There are quite a few dungeons that have the last level with holes in the ceiling, Frostmaw Burrows is one such dungeon, as is Catacombs of Kathandrax.

As for the bloodstone in the shiverpeak rumor Leon was talking about, the only information we have about a Bloodstone in the Shiverpeaks is by Glint during the cinematic in Dragon's Lair.

For years the Mursaat and their human disciples have hunted down the Chosen, murdering them to prevent the prophecies from coming to pass. But you have slipped through their fingers, and your friends now pay the price. The one called Markis betrays them as he betrayed you, and if you do not hurry to their aid, none will survive. Many have already been taken captive. Their souls will be reaped upon one of the five Bloodstones, just as the Chosen you witnessed being slaughtered in the Maguuma Jungle. If this happens, no magic on this world or any other will bring them back. Of the future, this you must know: You story does not end in the mountains.

The issue, is that Glint never says that the Bloodstone is in the Shiverpeaks, but that the Shining Blade is being held captive in the Shiverpeaks waiting to be killed on a Bloostone.

As for your new theory terakhan, I disagree with the blowing up of the Bloodstone. If lava and an eruption did not split up the Bloodstones even more then the five pieces, I do not think powder kegs can crush one into smithereens.

And, I don't think that there should be a connection made by the Elite Skill Keystone Signet, and the Keystone of the 5 Bloodstones, if that is what you were getting at. Because a keystone is a vital piece to an object, be it an arch or an ecosystem, a universal term, not a Bloodstone term.

As for the "elementals made from a large source of magic," that in of itself is undeniable, however, many, if not most, of the elementals in the Northern and Southern Shiverpeaks are made by the Stone Summit with the use of a Heart of Ice (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/A_Heart_of_Ice). And the area you are looking for that has the Mesmer and Warrior bosses, is Spearhead Peak. I'm not saying that that small group of elementals were made by the Stone Summit, although I think they were, because it has been a while since I was in that area and I am not sure if the elementals there are near stone summit, and if they are whether they fight each other or not.

Gmr Leon
03-09-2008, 21:44
Actually the minor quote I integrated into one of my sentences was from the Blade Scout found in Ice Caves of Sorrow. She actually informs you that there is a rumor of a Bloodstone being in the Shiverpeaks.

Aside from that there is no other mention of Bloodstones in the Shiverpeaks.

Konig Des Todes
04-09-2008, 00:02
Hmmm, I forgot that the Blade Scout mentions a bloodstone, even though it is a rumor. And I think Glint would be smarter then a Shining Blade member with the whereabouts of the Bloodstones, she would have said if there was one in the southern Shiverpeaks, more motivation for us.

Gmr Leon
04-09-2008, 00:16
Glint is a seer, it isn't her intention to provide us with motivation. And it obviously isn't to provide clear views into the future, by what little we hear of the Flameseeker Prophecies.

Konig Des Todes
04-09-2008, 02:20
It is Glint's intent to make us complete the flameseeker prophecies, part of which is saving the Shining Blade and the Deldrimor Dwarves. Giving us motivation to do such events, although not her initial intent, helps fulfill the end means.

Also, I wasn't meaning the prophecies told Glint where the bloodstones were, by her knowing the location, I simply meant because of how old she was and how knowledgeable she is, although I suppose that is poor reason for her knowing some of the Bloodstone's locations.

shasgaliel
04-09-2008, 12:32
in the sparkfly swamp where there is an entrance to the bloodstone caves there are also remains of Saidra in the north of the area. I do not think it is randomized locations. Probably this was the bloodstone they were oryginaly taken to. Also sparkfly swamp is swarmed with white mantle during the quest to gain Hayda which might be another indication that this bloodstone was as well used by them.

Konig Des Todes
04-09-2008, 20:00
shasgaliel, Saidra was not killed on a bloodstone, if you watch the cinematic *and watch her after it* you see Saidra get auto-killed "by Mursaat." The reason why her ashes are in Sparkfly Swamp is even explained in one of the Shining Blade's dialogue.

Saidra was a heroic member of the Shining Blade who sacrificed all to help her friends and our cause. She embodied everything our organization believes in. Ever since the Dwarves of Deldrimor delivered her ashes to us, I have searched for a fitting place to leaver Saidra's remains. That place is here in Sparkfly Swamp.

shasgaliel
05-09-2008, 14:04
sorry misunderstanding due to bad use of English on my side (taken to). I was just thinking that Saidra and Evennia were supposed to be taken to the bloodstone which is now located in bloodstone caves and that is the South Shiverpeak one mentioned in Proph campaign. We rescued Evennia in the mission ice caves of sorrow where Saidra died. They never made it to the bloodstone. Before EOTN we did not know where any other bloodstone (from bloodstone fen and probably hells precipice) was located for sure. So there came my guess.

Activity of shining blade in sparkfly swamp may indicate that the bloodstone there was also used by white mantle. My point with Saidras urn was bad cause the only reason it is in sparkfly swamp is as you quoted above that there were shining blades there. I am still not sure if there was one more bloodstone in southern shiverpeaks or not...

Konig Des Todes
05-09-2008, 19:47
The activity of the Shining Blade in the Tarnished Coast is because they are searching for allies to help them in the civil war between the royalty and the White Mantel.

terakhan
07-09-2008, 02:06
Now that I have done the Bloodstone mission in EoTN, I have a bit of a dilemma. Previously assumed that the stone in Maguuma was the restoration stone because of the healing waters, but we have a second bloodstone effect now.

The original effect, slowed down resurrection effects considerably, and is shared by the Maguuma stone and the RoF stone. The new one heals everything near where something dies. This effect does not seem to equate to denial, aggression, or destruction. Which as of this point puts some doubt on which stone is in Maguuma now.

Gmr Leon
07-09-2008, 02:24
Whenever a creature dies near the Bloodstone, it heals all other nearby creatures for 20...40...60 Health.

If you ask me, that effect makes it almost undeniable as being the Bloodstone of Aggression. Whenever a creature dies gives nearby creatures health, making an aggressive nature more beneficial.

GADefence
07-09-2008, 02:50
The bloodstones were supposed to be the centres of Magic for Tyria. Very possible this new bloodstone works in a very different way the last two did by being of a different line.

terakhan
12-09-2008, 05:25
Come to think of it, I believe you are right about it being the aggression stone. I had already theorized that the aggression stone would be the one related to necromancy, and we do have some points toward this being that particular stone:

A) Very nearby is the Shards of Orr dungeon, with the largest concentration of undead since the invasion of undead in Kryta.

B) Necromancy is rife with spells (mostly death magic and soul reaping) that benefit from the death of others, and this stone is very in-tune with that agenda.

Has anyone done a test, laying out the BSC maps over the world map to approximate where the stone sits? It'd be kinda interesting to see that information.

Konig Des Todes
12-09-2008, 06:16
First, Shards of Orr isn't technically close, the two dungeons are across the Sea of Sorrows from each other. Shards of Orr just seems close because we travel through an Asura gate to get to Gadd's Encampment.

Second, if the Aggression Bloodstone is linked the Necromancy (and I assume your throughts for the others are: denial=Mesmer, preservation=monk, and destruction=elementalist), then a better support for that would be the non-hostile and hostile undead on the second floor, near the 3 Plinths and 2 broken Monoliths, just before the exit to level three.

Third, I hope in GW2, ANet professions to have magic only related to the bloodstones (Ritualists, Assassins, and Dervishes, which Bloodstone do their's come from?)

Edit: Wow. Maybe I should read through the thread. I looked at the OP and saw the whole Bloodstone=Profession thing >.<

I'l read through tomorrow or something. I should read through a ton of the other long threads as well, at least the OP of them. Would give me something to do when I'm bored. And maybe I can think of something to add or another new theory for some discussion on here.

Konig Des Todes
12-09-2008, 09:48
I'd hate to double post, but this is on a different note from above.

I went ahead and did a little project because I could not sleep, which was given me the idea by terakhan wanting to see where the bloodstone in bloodstone caves is exactly. I went and took the Tyria map and made a little circle of the minimum coverage of where the other two Bloodstones can be exactly, if on land.

Here is the map:
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/Azazel_90/Guild%20Wars/Points%20of%20Interest/TyriaBloodstoneDistanceminimum.jpg

Not surprising that one can easily land in Orr. I wonder if a bloodstone is in the water over there.

I might do the bloodstone caves map layered over the world map if I'm not tired by the time I find as clean as possible maps of the dungeon.

Edit:
I went ahead and made a very crude overlay map.
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/Azazel_90/Guild%20Wars/Points%20of%20Interest/BloodstoneOfAggressionLocation.jpg

NOTE: I had to rotate the level 2 map 180 degrees in order to match up the exit/entrance between level 1 and level 2. There might or might not be some area between the two. So this map can never get more then just a possible. Although the exit/entrance of the two levels fits perfectly (and the exit/entrance between level 2 and 3 line up very well as well with the rotation of the level 2 map).

Also, the maps might not be scaled the same, but I think they are scaled the same.

So without the dungeon map, the location of this bloodstone would be shown in this one:
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/Azazel_90/Guild%20Wars/Points%20of%20Interest/BloodstoneOfAggressionLocation2.jpg

And without the circle filled:
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/Azazel_90/Guild%20Wars/Points%20of%20Interest/BloodstoneOfAggressionLocation3.jpg

Again, this might not be accurate because of the second level's connection.

Something to consider: The bloodstone would be situated right where there is a little black-ish outline in the mountains, and it is actually in the Shiverpeaks, not so much the coast.

I wonder why there isn't snow coming down with that kind of location.

Yet Another Edit:
I realized, that because there is no north, south, east, west on the wiki dungeon maps, that made me prone to flipping the second level around. So I went into the dungeon to see which way the three maps really would be, and I redid my little map overlay based on that. Again, because we do not know what distance is in-between the different levels, this may not be accurate. But it is probably more accurate.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/Azazel_90/Guild%20Wars/Points%20of%20Interest/BloodstoneOfAggressionLocation4.jpg

akbaroth
16-09-2008, 02:42
I personally support the idea that each of the bloodstones coordinates to the power of the core casters, preservation=monk, desruction=ele, aggression=necro, denial=mezmer. i am also under the impression rits get their power from "the spirit threads" can't remember where i read that, but it was early in factions. dervs follow all gods, like eles do (according the factions manuscripts) and thusly get power from all 5(6) adding up to just enough magic to help, sins... no clue what their power comes from, mabe some thread of aggresion, IMO a lot of sin hexes are similar to necro curses.

but thats all a little off topic, here the real reason i posted: to sum up all the known/possible locations of bloodstones, and how likely i feel each uncertain aspect is:

1)bloodstone fen, i been supporting that being preservation for years now, due to all the healing waters, but i don't take that as absolute fact.

2)abbadon's mouth, i don't think we have enough support for wut this one could be, tho i do c how one could guess it's the keystone. i'm also glad MOST ppl accept that it's location so close to the volcano could imply keystone, but doesn't mean it for fact.

3)bloodstone caves, this one (i find) is hard to deny that it is aggresion if, and only if, we beleive aggresion to be necromancey. first off all the undead tward the bottom there, the boon of health cuased by death one receives nearing it, and the necromancers around it (livia, gadd is described as a necro in the hero's handbook for that arc, livia also mentions learing a lot about necromancey in a cutscene).

4) the southern shiverpeaks, i think we've done a good enough job of prooving that there isn't one there, unless it's the one in the bloodstone caves. i'm not saying there can't be one, but just doesn't seem likely.

5) lots of water around, kind of hard for a volcano to launch giant stone that far (to the mainland) in the first place (maybe i am just not familiar with the strength of an eruption).
5a) Orr, i find it very unlikley that one landed in orr, or at least, i find it very unlikely it was connected to the cataclysm. if i can heal ppl on my monk off in the jade sea, then i don't need to be close to the preservation stone to use it's power. but that is probably more personal opinion than anything else.
5b) water lots of water i think both the remaining stone that we have not fought on top of landing in the water.

any way, there u have my 2... no... 48? no, 49 cents.

Konig Des Todes
16-09-2008, 06:34
A thought about the Bloodstone of Preservation in the Maguuma Jungle.

Well, it's obvious that there are Arid areas in the Maguuma, if one is to look at the map, there would be two large arid areas. The first, more noticable, would reach from the southwest corner of Ettin's Back and Dry Top, all the way to the Northeast of Majesty's Rest. The other is at and west of Bloodstone Fen.

Now what caused the Arid areas? I believe it was the crash of the Bloodstone itself, and if it wasn't the Bloodstone of Preservation that landed there, the Maguuma would be no more then another desert, other then the southern portion, where the Falls is and where Tangle Root is, and of course the Tarnished Coast. The waters in the Maguuma, empowered by the Bloodstone of Preservation, allows the plantlife to thrive, preventing most of the Maguuma from becoming and Arid Desert.

Now in a few areas, which are Bloodstone Fen, Aurora Glade, and Sage Lands, the top areas are Arid, while you can walk just a few feet down and meet lush green, then shortly later you see the magical water. In Bloodstone Fen, the area is riddled with water, which is why you don't see any Arid areas when in the mission itself, save for the beginning which is high up. Aurora Glade only has a few pools of water at the southwest corner, which provides explanation why, as you head Northeast, the green becomes less and less, until finally it becomes Arid.Sage Lands just has pockets of water, and those pockets are the lush areas, everywhere else there is none.

What is really interesting, is if you look at the old map, when unexplored, almost the entire Maguuma Jungle is Arid, only the Tarnished Coast, The Falls/Tangle Root and the Northeast corner of The Wilds (where the bonus is - which is near a big lake) are jungle areas in the old map.

Here is an unexplored and an explored version of the old map.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/Azazel_90/TyriaMap2.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/Azazel_90/TyriaThumbnail.jpg

How the old unexplored map looks is how I would picture the maguuma being if it was a different Bloodstone that landed there. An Arid area, no longer much of a Jungle. The new map, even when unexplored, shows jungle all around, except for the two areas I mentioned before. And north of the Maguuma now has more green in the land then it did before. Suggesting that there is a continuation of the jungle/arid scenery.

terakhan
16-09-2008, 07:25
Well, decided to do a survey of the Bloodstone Cave, to see what I could figure out. Here are the most prominent elements I could find:
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/guildwarsrunner/bloodstone_cave_survey.jpg
A) The Mursaat jade material: This could indicate a number of things, for the stones or the Mursaat. I will leave this matter for speculation later.

B) The torment library pillar: Though it could also be called the Vabbian library pillar, the colors are those from the torment duplicate of it.

C) The shattered tables: Broken stone tables don't usually mean anything, and maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but fully assembled, don't those tables match precisely to the tablet form of the various Apocrypha-type creatures in Nightfall?

D) The front gate of the BSC itself: The fact that it has the inscriptions from the bloodstones of the other sites indicates that the entire complex was constructed to house the stone, leaving the question of the architects.

E) The shattered gateway: What we have here I found the most interesting. Just behind the zone portal leading from the first area to the second, we have what looks like a shattered Asuran gate, and behind that a ruptured wall with lines of the appearance of magma tracing over it.

What I did not demonstrate, simply because of its abundance, was the architecture reminiscent of the Ascalonian catacombs throughout the entire complex.

Here are the questions that I think are left to be discussed on the site

- If that is an Asuran gate, where did it go to before its destruction?
> This question, I don't think will ever be answered, simply because the only way to find out would be to repair it and go through.

- What ruptured the wall and presumably broke the gate? Why were the wall and gate constructed where they were?
> Were I to hazard a guess, I might suspect destroyers, but that would be entirely based on the red markings on the wall with no other supporting evidence. As for the second part, the most direct answer would be to seal the bloodstone away.

- Who were the architects of the BSC complex?
This is a hard one to answer, simply due to the number of influences visible within. We have an abundance of Ascalonian-styled architecture, but also the suggestions of Torment influence in the text pillars and the shattered tables. Not to mention the gate constructed between the first and second areas.

- Why are there indications of an Abaddonian influence in the complex?
This one puzzles me. From a non-lore design standpoint, the pillars alone are so deliberate of a decoration they couldn't just be space filler, and I feel the tables just seal the deal, so to speak. Further, look at what was necessary to enter the complex and delve deeper. Living creatures inscribed with magical runes, the second guessed to be guarding something by Gadd. This being the one standing in the area of the pillars and tables and backed up by a small army of undead that vanishes upon its death.

- Is the jade material the bloodstone itself or a shell covering it?
As there is no evidence of that material anywhere in the Ring of Fire that doesnt have a direct Mursaat influence, I am assuming the stones themselves are the 'jade' material. Following this assumption, the Mursaat then were constructing their fortress, gateways, warrior, and pretty much the entire defense of the stone remaining in the caldera from the stones themselves. This would also explain the Ether Seals, as the Bloodstones were made to contain and seal away the overabundance of magic Abaddon distributed, and the Ether Seals do take magic from the area around them.

As a parting note, having worn myself out mentally puzzling over this, there is an area in the second section where you can look up and see a jungle canopy overhead, meaning that at least the north section of the second area is not in the mountains yet.

Jair of the Forest
16-09-2008, 07:40
If all these buildings are build around The Bloodstone to protect it, than it wouldn't be unlikely that they were built by King Doric's ancestors. After all they were the ones that were ordered by Dwayna to protect The Bloodstones.

Konig Des Todes
16-09-2008, 11:08
My comments on your items of speculations:

A) I believe the red to be the actual bloodstone (the grey in BC and the black in AM/BF are rocks that formed from magma hardening and the area, imo). The color seems far too red, and not purple enough, to be the "jade" of the Jade Armors.

B) It's called a "Plinth" (Vabbian counter-part are called "Stacks"). Reason for why it's there is unknown to me. The room is special to that dungeon alone so there must be a reason.

C) The 3 tablets are in fact, broken Monoliths. Just like the Plinths, they have a relation to Abaddon and are exclusive to that dungeon.

D) I think these seals help "contain and control" the bloodstone's power. This would make sense to me, as the souls on the other two bloodstones would be transfered to the soul batters, the inscriptions help direct that power to putting the souls in the bloodstone. Also, as you progress into the dungeon, you remove more of those seals, and get closer to the Bloodstone, with fewer and fewer seals. While doing this, the power of the Bloodstone gets stronger and stronger.

E) I think this is purely from the effect of a re-used dungeon level (this is used in Vlox's Excavations lvl 2, Ooze Pits, and HoS lvl 1 at least). But that does not mean that the gate was not destroyed when searching for the Bloodstone (by those who created the seals, if it wasn't the Mursaat).

- What ruptured the wall and presumably broke the gate? Why were the wall and gate constructed where they were?
> Were I to hazard a guess, I might suspect destroyers, but that would be entirely based on the red markings on the wall with no other supporting evidence. As for the second part, the most direct answer would be to seal the bloodstone away. Look above for my thought on the gate's destruction.

- Who were the architects of the BSC complex?
This is a hard one to answer, simply due to the number of influences visible within. We have an abundance of Ascalonian-styled architecture, but also the suggestions of Torment influence in the text pillars and the shattered tables. Not to mention the gate constructed between the first and second areas. I'll have to look through again for the Ascalonian architecture (but most dungeons have that), the gate might be simply from a level reuse, and, with the seals and the quests The Blade's Essence (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Blade%27s_Essence), The Arrow's Point (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Arrow%27s_Point), and Crystal Method (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Crystal_Method), I would think that the Mursaat built the place, and that some are hiding in the Ettins.

Hail, (character name). Our scouts have continued exploring the Bloodstone Caves since you and Gadd reached the Bloodstone. They've reported some pretty odd ettin behavior. The brutes are harvesting some strange shimmering essence, perhaps to restore the dungeon's defenses. We're not really sure. One thing is certain, though, if that essence is ties to the Bloodstone, then it contains power. Perhaps we could enchant our blades with it..."

We don't have the numbers to deal with the beasts, so I ask this of you: bring the essence to me. Destroy anything that gets in your way. Will you do this?
The guardians of the Bloodstone Caves are harvesting arcane crystal shards deep within the dungeon. We are in need of more supplies, and in the hands of a good fletcher those shards can turn ordinary arrows into armor-piercing thunderbolts. Before our archers, the White Mantle will be little more than a legion of leaky flesh bags. Go! Fetch me a crystal!
Ah, so you've returned for more punishment, <Character Name>! Very good. Guess what? One of our scouts barely escaped with his life, but he brought back a tale of a fierce, ornery ettin, more fearsome than anything we've yet slain. It was, predictably, gathering spectral crystals. I'm not sure what has addicted these lumbering hulks to to the magic crystals, but there is no doubt in my mind it is tied to the Bloodstone. They must be ours. Deal this ettin a deadly blow and bring us what is ours. Are you prepared to risk life...and looks...for us this one last time?

These parts point out that the Ettins are clearly fixated on the Bloodstone, and with knowing about how Lazarus survived by splitting his essence and putting them into different White Mantle, what is to stop other Mursaat from doing the same? But with Ettins.

- Why are there indications of an Abaddonian influence in the complex?
This one puzzles me. From a non-lore design standpoint, the pillars alone are so deliberate of a decoration they couldn't just be space filler, and I feel the tables just seal the deal, so to speak. Further, look at what was necessary to enter the complex and delve deeper. Living creatures inscribed with magical runes, the second guessed to be guarding something by Gadd. This being the one standing in the area of the pillars and tables and backed up by a small army of undead that vanishes upon its death. Because of all the hostile and non-hostile undead in the area (you only see non-hostile when you do the dungeon, they don't all vanish), I think this is ANet either tosses a dead end at us to see if we try to connect the Orrian Undead to Abaddon (other then via Khilbron) or that they are really planning on putting another connection.

Although, a possible thought would be (simplified):

Bloodstone in Bloodstone Caves=Bloodstone of Aggression
Bloodstone of Aggression's profession=Necromancer
Power of Necromancer=Undead
Source of Bloodstone=Abaddon's Magic
Source of Undead=Abaddon's Magic
Room of Undead+Objects of Abaddon=Abaddon/Undead/Bloodstone connection

Link verified.

If the connection was meant to be the last, then I assume it was added for the sake of 1. verifying that this is the Necromancer Bloodstone (most likely Aggression) and 2. The Bloodstones are linked to Abaddon *for those without NF*.

- Is the jade material the bloodstone itself or a shell covering it?
As there is no evidence of that material anywhere in the Ring of Fire that doesnt have a direct Mursaat influence, I am assuming the stones themselves are the 'jade' material. Following this assumption, the Mursaat then were constructing their fortress, gateways, warrior, and pretty much the entire defense of the stone remaining in the caldera from the stones themselves. This would also explain the Ether Seals, as the Bloodstones were made to contain and seal away the overabundance of magic Abaddon distributed, and the Ether Seals do take magic from the area around them.Like I said, that stone looks too red to be the jade material, and I would say that they are the true bloodstone (like the blood-red spikes coming out of the other two bloodstones, the rest being buried by other rock). I do agree with your Ether Seal-Bloodstone connection though, that does make sense, but for the entire Onyx Gate and the fortress on the Island chain to be made completely out of bloodstone, and then to add on the Jade Armors, I just cannot agree.

Not to mention, that in D'Alessio Seaboard mission, and in Riverside Province, you can see green casings of the Jade Armors. I suppose this is where they get the "jade" name from.

If all these buildings are build around The Bloodstone to protect it, than it wouldn't be unlikely that they were built by King Doric's ancestors. After all they were the ones that were ordered by Dwayna to protect The Bloodstones. I don't recall it ever saying that they were ordered by Dwayna to protect the Bloodstones, just that their blood would allow the uniting of the Bloodstones. Also, with the Volcano erupting and tossing the Bloodstones all over Tyria, I would believe that they wouldn't know where they landed. Might know of one or two, but no more.

Thought: Now that Orr is destroyed, and the survivors are very few, are there any descendants left of King Doric? Is it even possible anymore to unite the Bloodstones? (which, I admit, was something I thought would be the main plot device, before I started playing and after reading the manuscripts, but I was also thinking I'd get to fight through islands of ruined buildings riddled with undead... what a shame.)

Jair of the Forest
16-09-2008, 16:53
I don't recall it ever saying that they were ordered by Dwayna to protect the Bloodstones, just that their blood would allow the uniting of the Bloodstones. Also, with the Volcano erupting and tossing the Bloodstones all over Tyria, I would believe that they wouldn't know where they landed. Might know of one or two, but no more.

They sealed the stones with Doric's blood (hence the name Bloodstones) and placed him and his dynasty in charge of guarding the stones.

Actually, what I think is that at the time of the eruption of the volcano there was an order of ancestors of Doric who were guarding the Bloodstones (before the Mursaat arrived at the Ring of Fire, that is) or at least keeping an eye out. After the eruption they might have searched for the Stones, of which some had been found, and some maybe not. If there are still Ancestors of Doric around I don't know, but my guess is that, because of the (likely) courageous and leader'ish nature of Doric's Ancestors they all lost their lives in heroic ways during the Guild Wars and other wars.

Gmr Leon
16-09-2008, 17:08
I think that, even if the reddish jadish coloration of stone is the actual Bloodstone, we shouldn't bother distinguishing the two. They're both obviously stuck to one another, making one large stone, so why distinguish the two?

Also, if that's the actual Bloodstone, then how do you explain the ones in Abaddon's Mouth and Bloodstone Fen still reacting as a Bloodstone, but not having the reddish jadish stone covering them?

I think that both the stone and the reddish jadish part are the Bloodstone as a whole.

Not to mention, that in D'Alessio Seaboard mission, and in Riverside Province, you can see green casings of the Jade Armors. I suppose this is where they get the "jade" name from.

I'm more willing to consider those are built by the White Mantle for aesthetic appeal. Notice that you never, not even once, see one of those bursting apart and forming a Jade.

Thought: Now that Orr is destroyed, and the survivors are very few, are there any descendants left of King Doric? Is it even possible anymore to unite the Bloodstones?

Jair already pointed this out, but you don't need the blood of Doric's descendants to unite the Bloodstones. You just need to somehow drag the Bloodstones to the Keystone. It might as well be looked at as a self-destruct Tyria safeguard. As to whether or not there are descendants..Let's put it this way, King Doric was in Ascalon, Kryta, and Orr..There's a high chance he met and led many women to his private quarters.

I don't think that's the connection they had exactly intended..However..The Undead could be performing another duty we're unaware of. Orrians were extremely devout people, they considered Abaddon heresy. There's a large chance that the Undead we encounter in that chamber are trying to guard or intimidate any who come near the Stacks/Plinths. I mean, the majority even fight you when you come near there, and if I remember correctly that's one of the largest concentrations of Undead in the Bloodstone Caves.

Jair of the Forest
16-09-2008, 19:16
Another thought; it is possible the buildings in Bloodstone Caves were build around the Bloodstone, but there is another possibility. I guess the Bloodstone could have accidentally fallen into a cave which used to house an ancient civilization, or used to be some sort of a Margonite Outpost (think Plinths; think Abbadon. The cave is quite close to the Sea too, and the Margonites were Seafarers after all) along the Bay of Sirens.

4 Bloodstones were scattered amongst Tyria, it is not unlikely at all one of them ended up between one of the many ruins in Tyria.

Gmr Leon
16-09-2008, 20:43
The only problem I find with that, is the fact that it says Margonite settlements appeared along the coast north and west of Elona. What's ironic about that, is the fact it places them along the coasts of Orr.

Shinryu
16-09-2008, 22:06
That idea seems very possible, also note that the Temple of the 6 gods could have been made around the bloodstone, but after the gods banished the temple and abbadon + his gang.. the bloodstone caved into the 'catacombs' of the temple?

Gmr Leon
16-09-2008, 22:17
That doesn't work. The war between the Margonites and Abaddon against the Five Gods happened in one year. 1 BE to 0, although it may have ended sooner, it seems likely to have been one year. At any rate, the Bloodstones were created at 0 and then placed in the volcano at the Ring of Fire Islands Chain immediately after Doric's blood was shed on the newly created stones.

And the location is off. The Temple of the Six Gods was on the coasts/shores of the Crystal Sea.

Konig Des Todes
16-09-2008, 22:48
I think that, even if the reddish jadish coloration of stone is the actual Bloodstone, we shouldn't bother distinguishing the two. They're both obviously stuck to one another, making one large stone, so why distinguish the two? It's worth distinguishing the two because the non-Bloodstone stone can be chiseled off.

Also, if that's the actual Bloodstone, then how do you explain the ones in Abaddon's Mouth and Bloodstone Fen still reacting as a Bloodstone, but not having the reddish jadish stone covering them?

I think that both the stone and the reddish jadish part are the Bloodstone as a whole. There are Blood-red stone popping out at several points along the edges of those two Bloodstones actually. So the "true Bloodstone" is just mostly covered. Chisel away at the black stone (which, btw, if that is part of the Bloodstone, why are those two black while the one in Bloodstone Caves is mostly greyish-white?), you'll reach the red Bloodstone.

Also, for all we know, those Bloodstones can be half the size of what we see, due to the extra rock surrounding them.

Jair already pointed this out, but you don't need the blood of Doric's descendants to unite the Bloodstones. You just need to somehow drag the Bloodstones to the Keystone. It might as well be looked at as a self-destruct Tyria safeguard. As to whether or not there are descendants..Let's put it this way, King Doric was in Ascalon, Kryta, and Orr..There's a high chance he met and led many women to his private quarters. To unite the bloodstones, no you don't need Doric's blood. But to unlock the power they hold, you do. At least, according to The History of Tyria, Part 1.

The gods told King Doric that since he asked for peace, he and his descendants must carry the burden of protecting the stones. As an additional precaution, they used a drop of King Doric's blood to seal the stones.

First thing, I guess I answered my own question from my last post to Jair (although, it's by the gods there, not simply Dwayna, but I must ask, Jair, where is your source for that? I wiki'd but found nothing >.>). Second, to reassemble, they need the Keystone, to unlock, they need Doric's blood. A little typo on my part, but concept stays the same.

I don't think that's the connection they had exactly intended..However..The Undead could be performing another duty we're unaware of. Orrians were extremely devout people, they considered Abaddon heresy. There's a large chance that the Undead we encounter in that chamber are trying to guard or intimidate any who come near the Stacks/Plinths. I mean, the majority even fight you when you come near there, and if I remember correctly that's one of the largest concentrations of Undead in the Bloodstone Caves. That is the only undead we encounter in Bloodstone Caves, so I suppose that is a possibility.

Gmr Leon
16-09-2008, 23:02
It's worth distinguishing the two because the non-Bloodstone stone can be chiseled off.

There are Blood-red stone popping out at several points along the edges of those two Bloodstones actually. So the "true Bloodstone" is just mostly covered. Chisel away at the black stone (which, btw, if that is part of the Bloodstone, why are those two black while the one in Bloodstone Caves is mostly greyish-white?), you'll reach the red Bloodstone.

Also, for all we know, those Bloodstones can be half the size of what we see, due to the extra rock surrounding them.

I see what you mean there, but I think we should try to get a definitive answer on if the stone and reddish jadish color are together the Bloodstone, or if it's just the reddish jadish part. I've already brought the question up to Linsey, so we'll see if she can respond.

It wouldn't surprise me if it did happen to just be the reddish jadish part, but from what I'm able to tell it seems that both the stone and that part are the Bloodstone as a whole. Not to mention the fact that Gadd doesn't walk up to the red part to extract a sample or some energy, he just goes to a random spot on the stone part.

As to the coloration of the stone differing..It could be any number of different things. That Bloodstone being closer to the hotter part of the lava/magma and the others being closer to the surface, or just wanting to show off their experience in texturing.

To unite the bloodstones, no you don't need Doric's blood. But to unlock the power they hold, you do. At least, according to The History of Tyria, Part 1.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. Two different things, but still very important regarding the Bloodstones.

Konig Des Todes
17-09-2008, 01:25
I see what you mean there, but I think we should try to get a definitive answer on if the stone and reddish jadish color are together the Bloodstone, or if it's just the reddish jadish part. I've already brought the question up to Linsey, so we'll see if she can respond. I'll be tuning in to hear the response. :)

It wouldn't surprise me if it did happen to just be the reddish jadish part, but from what I'm able to tell it seems that both the stone and that part are the Bloodstone as a whole. Not to mention the fact that Gadd doesn't walk up to the red part to extract a sample or some energy, he just goes to a random spot on the stone part. An explanation for why Gadd doesn't have to walk up to the reddish-part, and why when the chosen/lich are killed on top of the black rock, that the bloodstone's are powered, is because the Bloodstone's power seeps into the surrounding area, like the Perservation Bloodstone's power into the water. All three would also have their power seep into the surrounding rock, making it act like a weaker Bloodstone (at least, while it's attached and for a limited time after detachment).

As to the coloration of the stone differing..It could be any number of different things. That Bloodstone being closer to the hotter part of the lava/magma and the others being closer to the surface, or just wanting to show off their experience in texturing. The different color of rock probably has to deal with a stalagmite-like rocks (forgot which is the rock formations on the floor, I think stalagmites are the ones from the ceiling)forming from the water drops from above. The other two just have rock from the hardened lava. If you look at the one in Bloodstone Caves, there are also traces of black rock as well, but it seems to be mostly covered by the grey rock. The black underneath would be the hardened lava, while the grey would be formed from the water drops coming from stalagmites.

Jair of the Forest
17-09-2008, 19:24
(although, it's by the gods there, not simply Dwayna, but I must ask, Jair, where is your source for that? I wiki'd but found nothing >.>).

The Gods, Dwayna, it doesn't matter a thing in this context.

Anyhow, here is the link. (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Doric)

Konig Des Todes
17-09-2008, 20:33
I must say, wow that is so utterly inaccurate. It says it's from the Statue of Dwayna, and the first part (first two paragraphs) states the scriptures of Dwayna word for word, until the last paragraph, which is just a paraphrase of what I quoted from The History of Tyria, part 1.

I think someone made a typo when creating that page, meaning to have that last paragraph out of the box.

Edit: It says King Doric is an ancestor of King Adelbern. Is that true? I don't recall that being said.

Meh, changed it to King Zoran and King Reza. If I'm wrong(which wouldn't be surprised if I am, old things like that can get mixed up and I'm not in the mood for looking that up atm), it can get changed back.

Gmr Leon
17-09-2008, 22:58
Doric's lineage is..Confusing, but there's nothing that indicates King Reza or Zoran as his descendants in-game. From what I'm able to tell, technically Adelbern isn't a descendant of Doric, which is why there were royalists against him in Pre-Searing.

Konig Des Todes
18-10-2008, 06:52
Meant to put this up in here a while ago...

I'm not sure if this has been brought up (Don't think it has), but Linsey confirmed that the Bloodstone in Bloodstone Caves is in fact the "Shiverpeak Bloodstone."

Bloodstones

Quick clarification: over on Unanswered questions#Bloodstones you stated that there was a Bloodstone in the Southern Shiverpeaks. Does this refer to Bloodstone Caves, which at least borders on the Southern Shiverpeaks, or some other Bloodstone? - Tanetris 18:40, 9 September 2007 (UTC)

I was referring to the Bloodstone in the Bloodstone Caves. The caves do extend under the mountains of the Shiverpeaks and that is where the Bloodstone is located. - Linsey talk 19:31, 22 January 2008 (UTC)

So it seems that my little map is slightly accurate.

I'm referring to this one of course:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/Azazel_90/Guild%20Wars/Points%20of%20Interest/BloodstoneOfAggressionLocation3.jpg

(seems the one where I put the Bloodstone Caves maps over this is gone on photobucket, I might redo it sometime).

Jair of the Forest
18-10-2008, 16:10
Cheers Az!

Unendingfear
10-09-2009, 15:51
Has anyone ever thought that maybe the keystone is the biggest? I kinda picture the Keystone like this: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3438/3906302739_e3d7c7df7b_o.jpg
with the circles being where the regular Bloodstones go?

La Jaffa
10-09-2009, 16:07
In a Door, is the lock the biggest ellement?

Unendingfear
10-09-2009, 16:12
In a Door, is the lock the biggest ellement?

No, but we are talking about giant magic stones. I see what you mean though. I can not see any other way that the bloodstones connect.
=D

La Jaffa
10-09-2009, 16:22
wel, The bloodstones are smashed and the keystone is sealed with blood, the stones are so huge that they cannot be lifted by the intelectual life forms on tyria now who know of them (Maybe the asurans with their gollems *Offtopic >.>*) And if you put all of the bloodstones togheter they will fit, but with out the Key stone they will not connect and will not stay one big bloodstone.

That is what i Think.

EDIT: In my thought, and Yes i know it looks lika a giant Egg ....

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3234/bloodstone.th.png (http://img22.imageshack.us/i/bloodstone.png/)

Unendingfear
10-09-2009, 16:25
wel, The bloodstones are smashed and the keystone is sealed with blood, the stones are so huge that they cannot be lifted by the intelectual life forms on tyria now who know of them (Maybe the asurans with their gollems *Offtopic >.>*) And if you put all of the bloodstones togheter they will fit, but with out the Key stone they will not connect and will not stay one big bloodstone.

That is what i Think.

I don't see how they would fit. A couple people brought up that maybe gray on the bloodstones is hardened magma, and that maybe the bloodstones are smaller than they appear. That's what I think, and that the Keystone is the biggest.

La Jaffa
10-09-2009, 16:31
In My egg picture (>.>) You can see that the Cracked lines fit perfectly into each other.
Maybe the points and spikes in the real bloodstones would fit to?

Unendingfear
10-09-2009, 16:32
In My egg picture (>.>) You can see that the Cracked lines fit perfectly into each other.
Maybe the points and spikes in the real bloodstones would fit to?

I kinda doubt it, to be honest. Remember, the simplest explanation, is most likely correct.

La Jaffa
10-09-2009, 17:01
The Bloodstones are five shards of a massive stone created by the Gods of Tyria and sealed with the blood of King Doric. They broke the stone into five pieces. Four of which represented the four schools of magic (each represents aggression, destruction, preservation, and denial), and the final piece, the Keystone, was needed to reassemble the Bloodstone. The five pieces were then tossed into the volcano, Abaddon's Mouth. Later, following an eruption, four pieces were spread across Tyria.

Broken things fit perfectly if there are no splinters and stuff that is wasted to0 much.

Unendingfear
10-09-2009, 17:19
The Bloodstones are five shards of a massive stone created by the Gods of Tyria and sealed with the blood of King Doric. They broke the stone into five pieces. Four of which represented the four schools of magic (each represents aggression, destruction, preservation, and denial), and the final piece, the Keystone, was needed to reassemble the Bloodstone. The five pieces were then tossed into the volcano, Abaddon's Mouth. Later, following an eruption, four pieces were spread across Tyria.

Broken things fit perfectly if there are no splinters and stuff that is wasted to0 much.

Exactly, I know that it was broken. But do they actually look they like circles. So what if by "broken", it more meant separated, into the circles, like my illustration. The gods are not exactly clear, or honest (Abaddon, where humans are from, etc.), so, you can't literally take what they "say", word for word.

Konig Des Todes
10-09-2009, 17:23
Has anyone ever thought that maybe the keystone is the biggest? I kinda picture the Keystone like this: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3438/3906302739_e3d7c7df7b_o.jpg
with the circles being where the regular Bloodstones go?

I view it as the opposite. The Keystone is the smallest and only occupies the inside of the whole.

I don't see how they would fit. A couple people brought up that maybe gray on the bloodstones is hardened magma, and that maybe the bloodstones are smaller than they appear. That's what I think, and that the Keystone is the biggest.Unfortunately, Linsey has said that the whole thing is the original bloodstone.

Though I still say it don't make sense as the only true magical qualities seems to be the crystal in Bloodstone Caves. And that there would be hardened Magma. Then again, additions to bloodstones could become bloodstones (thus unable to connect again?).

La Jaffa
10-09-2009, 17:43
Though I still say it don't make sense as the only true magical qualities seems to be the crystal in Bloodstone Caves. And that there would be hardened Magma. Then again, additions to bloodstones could become bloodstones (thus unable to connect again?).

Sorry, I Dont quit know what you mean by this.

Unendingfear
10-09-2009, 17:52
I view it as the opposite. The Keystone is the smallest and only occupies the inside of the whole.

Unfortunately, Linsey has said that the whole thing is the original bloodstone.

Do you picture it along the lines of this then? http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3529/3907362964_70cbca63d1_o.jpg

You may be on the right track about absorbing other things. Regardless, just add a couple jagged part around the circles in my model, and it still works (both ones). =D

Sorry, I Dont quit know what you mean by this.

He means that the bloodstones adsorbed the rocks into themselves, becoming larger, and possible not able to reconnect.

Also, if what I think about the keystone's shape is true, it most likely had a different launch pattern than the others, and most likely, ended up in the sea. As we will be able to swim in Guild Wars Two, maybe it will be near the Deep-Sea dragon. :O

La Jaffa
10-09-2009, 17:54
Aight, Now I get it. Yes thats plausible that it consumes its suroundings.

At your art: Do you mean that the Keystone has that Figure and that the cirkels contained the Bloodstones?

Unendingfear
10-09-2009, 17:58
Aight, Now I get it. Yes thats plausible that it consumes its suroundings.

At your art: Do you mean that the Keystone has that Figure and that the cirkels contained the Bloodstones?

The one I asked if that was what Koing des Todes thought it looked like, yes. However, either way, I think the keystone is a different shape (or size), and had a different trajectory.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2578/3906634937_dbd202ce58_o.jpg Using Koing's map of the actual distance, I figured that the keystone (if using my first picture) would land some where within the black circle. Using the second picture, I couldn't calculate, as it would be too random. The second picture's trajectory would greatly change depending on the way the eruption carried it out. It could either be farther than the others, or even right next to the volcano.

La Jaffa
10-09-2009, 18:14
But we Know where the Keystone is.

Unendingfear
10-09-2009, 18:16
But we Know where the Keystone is.

Where has ANet said that? If you're implying in Abaddon's Mouth, than we aren't sur. It is just generally believed by people (not me) to be the case.

Konig Des Todes
10-09-2009, 23:17
Do you picture it along the lines of this then? http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3529/3907362964_70cbca63d1_o.jpg

You may be on the right track about absorbing other things. Regardless, just add a couple jagged part around the circles in my model, and it still works (both ones). =DAlong the lines, I suppose, but I don't think that in the original/complete version, that the keystone would be seen outside. I.e., picture the earth - turn that into the bloodstone, the core is the keystone, and four equal sections of the crust would be the other bloodstones.

Also, if what I think about the keystone's shape is true, it most likely had a different launch pattern than the others, and most likely, ended up in the sea. As we will be able to swim in Guild Wars Two, maybe it will be near the Deep-Sea dragon. :OIt is possible, though we don't know where the Deep Sea Dragon is and may very well be too far away.

The one I asked if that was what Koing des Todes thought it looked like, yes. However, either way, I think the keystone is a different shape (or size), and had a different trajectory.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2578/3906634937_dbd202ce58_o.jpg Using Koing's map of the actual distance, I figured that the keystone (if using my first picture) would land some where within the black circle. Using the second picture, I couldn't calculate, as it would be too random. The second picture's trajectory would greatly change depending on the way the eruption carried it out. It could either be farther than the others, or even right next to the volcano.I would think they Keystone is smaller than the other stones, thus have less mass, and travel a lesser distance. So while you view the keystone to be bigger, you are actually putting my idea into the picture. If you view the keystone to be bigger, thus higher mass, it would actually travel further if given the same amount of force behind the initial "kick" that tossed it into the air.

But we Know where the Keystone is.No, we don't. Anet never confirmed any of the bloodstones being what we think they are. Preservation is believed to be in the Maguuma, Agression is believed to be in the Shiverpeaks. And the Abaddon's Mouth bloodstone is completely unknown and possible to be any of the other three: Denial - closing the door, Destruction - causing the area to be more destructive and the volcano to be more active, Keystone - no clue what it would do. People think the one in Abaddon's Mouth is the Keystone because it is "stronger" than the one in the Maguuma. This isn't true, only one soul is needed to initial close the door, and Khilbron's soul, being a lich, is probably stronger than other souls.

For all we know, what allows such easy closing of the door is the Soul Batteries and the soul's power.

Naor Vyr
11-09-2009, 09:00
I know its not exactly the topic, but any idea how did a bloodstone ended up in the deepest section of a cave with ceiling and all? In the maguuma jungle you can say that the stone created a crater on impact, even though it is softened down by time, but how did the bloodstone in Bloodstone caves get there without making a crater?

Konig Des Todes
11-09-2009, 10:20
Go back to the cave, above the Bloodstone is a huge gaping hole. I'd guess that hole is the "crater" from the crash *i.e., the layers of rock (which is a lot I believe) reduced the speed of the bloodstone, thus the energy, and caused a smaller impact*

Unendingfear
11-09-2009, 13:44
Along the lines, I suppose, but I don't think that in the original/complete version, that the keystone would be seen outside. I.e., picture the earth - turn that into the bloodstone, the core is the keystone, and four equal sections of the crust would be the other bloodstones.

It is possible, though we don't know where the Deep Sea Dragon is and may very well be too far away.

I would think they Keystone is smaller than the other stones, thus have less mass, and travel a lesser distance. So while you view the keystone to be bigger, you are actually putting my idea into the picture. If you view the keystone to be bigger, thus higher mass, it would actually travel further if given the same amount of force behind the initial "kick" that tossed it into the air.
=

Ok, I haven't learned that in school yet (either that or I don't remember), so thanks for letting me know. So, wow, the keystone could really be anywhere. o.O One thing that's been bugging me is; where where the bloodstones made? The gods obviously didn't poof 'em out of thin air, and it seems like it would be obvious where they were made. :S

Konig Des Todes
11-09-2009, 21:20
The gods probably brought the bloodstone material from the Rift or somewhere else in the Mists. However, if the Keystone is indeed smaller than the other bloodstones, and the structures we seen jutting out of the area in Abaddon's Mouth is the same as the bloodstones, the material could have natural volcanic material.

Would also explain the structures and jade armors if that is the case.

RTown
11-09-2009, 23:28
Actually, mass should have very little effect on how far something is thrown. Density yes, and shape yes if we take air resistance into effect, but given two Keystones of equal density and similar shape, but different mass, they'd end up in the same place.

Konig Des Todes
12-09-2009, 00:52
mmm right, I mixed density with mass (and volume a bit). So between the Keystone and the other bloodstones, the distance should be the same.