PDA

View Full Version : Would an assassin beast master work?

Demetri
11-03-2006, 14:11
With the recent BM skill buff, would an assassin beast master work? he could use heal as one for healing, charm animal, a pet skill, and a dagger combo. Anyone think this could work?

Kitty Go Rawr
12-03-2006, 06:28
It probably could, i've seen alot of hammer/beastmaster builds, i decided to try it, and it works quite nicely. You could just substitute the hammer for Dagger Mastery. The problem is that you will probably want to take more dagger combo skills along, which is really hard due to the limited skill-slots of a beastmaster.

Xunlai Agent
12-03-2006, 14:36
You can run a Thumper Style build with Ferocious Strike that could be used for a lot of energy gain but I still see that working better a Ranger/Warrior because of the adrenaline that you recieve as well. Tiger's Fury will become an option with Beast Mastery and that is never a bad idea.

Wynter Zera
12-03-2006, 15:11
That depends on what you want to do as a BM. If you want your pet to do damage, then no, it wouldn't work well. It takes a lot of slots to make a pet do good damage.

The Experimentor
17-03-2006, 17:44
I love Beastmastery, but one thing I hate is how your pet can oftentimes block your movement in a fight, oftentimes halting your attack. It's not too bad for ranged attacks/casters, but it's terribly, terribly annoying for me when I'm playing melee. And I'd rather not have to spend extra effort moving around my own pet to hit my target.

That said, an Assassin is a hit-and-run quick-kill melee character. He may hit hard and fast, but he's balanced by being very, very fragile.

So, besides the annoyance factor, you may also find your attacks and spikes delayed by a pet in the wrong spot at the wrong time. And any delay can mean the difference between life and death for an Assassin, much less success or failure in killing a target.

If you can afford more room for error playing an Assassin and don't mind the hassle of your animal getting in your way, give it a shot. But do be warned.

Telkandore
17-03-2006, 22:04
If Assassin beastmaster does work, it's not because of the pet; it's because of the dagger combo.

Nanashi
18-03-2006, 03:13
I love Beastmastery, but one thing I hate is how your pet can oftentimes block your movement in a fight, oftentimes halting your attack. It's not too bad for ranged attacks/casters, but it's terribly, terribly annoying for me when I'm playing melee. And I'd rather not have to spend extra effort moving around my own pet to hit my target.

That said, an Assassin is a hit-and-run quick-kill melee character. He may hit hard and fast, but he's balanced by being very, very fragile.

So, besides the annoyance factor, you may also find your attacks and spikes delayed by a pet in the wrong spot at the wrong time. And any delay can mean the difference between life and death for an Assassin, much less success or failure in killing a target.

If you can afford more room for error playing an Assassin and don't mind the hassle of your animal getting in your way, give it a shot. But do be warned.

The only time I see that being a problem, the pet blocking, is if you're trying to body block. Either way, by targeting your foe and hitting the spacebar the pet will still attack and hopefuly reposition itself. If that still doesn't help then best start learning to strafe to get around your pet and strike quickly from a different angle. The pet blocking if very small, takes a split second to move around, unless if your lagging, so you're not loseing any valueble time from your main attacks.

Yeah, Assassins have armor set up just like a ranger. That's why I would think expertise would need to be on the most important list since LR and WD can be very helpful. But with that said, a life and death situation happens to everybody. You're not going to always going to live in most cases for pvp is completely random and even then being blinded by eles can determin the same fate as what you explain about the pet. If you are treuly worried about your attacks being delayed then I suggest grabbing dodge to run away from said situations.

From what I gathered from the PVP weekend, assassin's bane are mainly eles as if they blind you they can screw up your entire combo line and nuke you while you're a sitting duck. And sincs Assassins are much like rangers, you have little protection or none at all against casters. I can't remember if they have a default 30% defense against elemental attacks like rangers or not.

Anywho, I don't think the pet blocking you is what you should really worry about. The time required is small and even then there are worser things that could happen. The problem I could see one haveing while running a beastmaster is no defenses or any heals to keep you alive anyways. Assassins are easily exploitable, especially if you mess up their line of attacks that's something you should really worry about.