PDA

View Full Version : GW, RL (conspiracy) and mythology stuff...

Nathardia
14-03-2006, 22:23
After extensively searching the forums, I'm surprised that no one came up (or found out) that Guild Wars contains a lot of real-life (conspiracy) and mythology stuff...

Take a look at these for example:

* White Mantle - Illuminati (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati) aka New World Order (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_%28conspiracy%29)
* Mursaat - Annunaki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anunnaki) a Reptilian Humanoid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reptilians) race
* Eye of Jantir - Eye of Providence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Providence) (aka All-Seeing Eye), also see Freemasonry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry)
* Seer - Greys (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greys)
* Tengu/Avicara - Quetzalcoatl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzalcoatl)
* Glint - Enki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enki)
* Hydra - Lernaean (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lernaean_Hydra)

Those are just a few observations, I'm sure you can come up with more... :smiley:

halfthought
14-03-2006, 23:06
um ok I seriosly do not see any relationship between any of theses as

The illumanti are one 1234 ancient/modern ppl who behave like the white mantle

Mursaat have nothing to do with the annunkai or reptile as they do not even RESEMBLE reptiles

eye of janthir- well this one you may be right

Seer- was most likly inspired by protoss (though the protoss were i gess an alien)

Tengu- are (a fact) derived from ancient chines/japanese myth and were a demonic race of bird-men

Glint- one word enki was not a dragon, did not created human and is still unknown if she was a trickster. finllay so many gods exist that prcatically mirror enki

Hydra-while I knew that The hydra was derived from greek, Im sure your not the only one to notice, thought I think that they got it from neer- identical versions from loads of other games

(If I am flaming, I do not intent to)

maina
14-03-2006, 23:37
I'm not flameing anyone either, but in spirit I agree. I might find or move a few around myself, but that can be a whole other debate. Illuminati was real, just not in any of the sense that we think of them now, kinda like ninja's. (and Chuck Norris, would people just STOP!)

It makes sense because the game was just recently created by people who share (for the most part) a huge collective mythology.

I for one would love to debate the simlarities with you, after all as Mark Twain said "Adam was the only man, who when he said a good thing, knew that nobody had said it before him"

maina

Quintus Antonius
15-03-2006, 01:01
I agree on a few points, and diverge on a few as well.

Agree:
The Eye of Janthir connection is undoubtable. It resembles the All-Seeing Eye exactly, and even mimics the behavior of what an all-seeing eye should be able to do.

The Seers are most certainly inspired by the Maians (Greys) and are even an "alien" race to Tyria. We may find out in later chapters they are actually suppose to be the Maians/Greys.

Disagree:
The White Mantle, while based on real world structures, are probably original.

I've already shown in other threads that the Mursaat are most likely mammalian. Thus, I have to disagree with your lizard people connection.

As a Mexican of Aztec decent, I can tell you right now, Big Q was a serpent with feathers, not a bird man. I'd say the Tengu are more likely to be based off Harvey Birdman than they are based of anything in the Aztec relgions.

Glint is probably just your stereotypical dragon. Look up some dragon mythos. She fits in with that lot perfectly.

The Hydras are just that: Hydras. The only difference is they don't grow more heads.

Nathardia
15-03-2006, 12:05
Maybe my OP was a bit too cryptic, so I'll reveal some more details. :wink:

The White Mantle is the order that rules Kryta. The Divine Eye of Janthir is an artifact of great power used by the White Mantle to find the Chosen among people under their rule.

* The Eye, Illuminati, Freemasonry and the New World Order are all bound and connected together. Refer to the links I gave in the OP. So the White Mantle are undoubtable part of this.

The White Mantle worship the Unseen Ones, but the creatures refer to themselves as the Mursaat. The Mursaat are a race of powerful spell-casters. They are humanoid in shape, and float above the ground dressed in golden attire.

* The Annunaki are reptiles, reptiles who can shapeshift, taking on a humanoid form. Again, refer to the links I gave in the OP.

Justiciar Hablion, a prominent White Mantle leader, is exposed to be the ruthless executioner who murders the Chosen to offer them to the Unseen Ones.

* The Annunaki have to drink human blood to maintain their human form (hence the White Mantle blood offers to the Unseen Gods). Also, the Annunaki are often being described being the real and driving force behind the New World Order. Again, refer to the links in the OP.

Dragons are winged beings portrayed in the ancient mythologies of most cultures. They link with winged gods from the heavens who came to Earth to create the human race and are very important symbology in the creational blueprint of our reality.

* Glint shows concern for the fate of humans and aids players with advice and visions of what is taking place. She also enlists their aid in defeating the Titans in the Titan Quests.

Many legends say they were fabulous animals usually represented as a monstrous winged and scaly serpent or saurian with a crested head and enormous claws. - also - a monster, represented usually as a gigantic reptile breathing fire and having a lion's claws, the tail of a serpent, wings and scaly skin.

* There you have it, dragons are reptiles too. Dragons are often linked to the creation of the human race, and as such, Glint could be Enki.

Yes indeed Quintus, the Seers are undoubtable inspired by the Maians (Greys), their appeareance is just striking similar. And thank you for the Tengu information, so Tengu could actually be Harvey Birdman. :smiley:

Serendipity
15-03-2006, 13:13
Just out of curiosity, do you think that Annunaki, Illuminati, NWO are real ?

Or just modern myths ?

Nathardia
15-03-2006, 13:35
I'm not saying they're real or that they're myths. Besides, that's beyond the scope of this topic.

It's just that the Guild Wars storyline definitely contains a lot of references to them. :wink:

Ranger Nietzsche
15-03-2006, 20:46
is this all that revealing? i mean, game creators steal a lot from real life. After all, if it was all original then why would teh runes that were translated correspond letter to letter to english?

and as for secret modern conspiracy theories...you forgot to add the Knights Templar...as they tend to show up everywhere in crap like this

and are these really references? apart from teh eye, which as was stated is obvious, there are litterally THOUSANDS of groups that worship gods that take human form and kill their enemies sacrificially...why would they specifically reference a Sumarian cult of reptiles over any of the others? And why prefer Enki over the other dragon like gods.

not that your references dont show links to the game, but you dont really ahve a reason why they should be preferred over any other group

Nathardia
15-03-2006, 22:04
I'm aware of that, and IMO, it's not that revealing. Hence my remark in the OP "I'm surprised that no one came up with this before", especially if you look at all the other topics, that try to find the meaning, roots and explanations of GW things in the Lore Forum. :wink:

The Templar Knights were also part of the Freemasonry, so I don't felt the need to mention them seperatly.

Why the Sumerian cult? Because the Sumarian cult of reptiles is linked with the New World Order and because it's the oldest cult known to human, simple. :wink:

Quintus Antonius
15-03-2006, 22:11
I'm aware of that, and IMO, it's not that revealing. Hence my remark in the OP "I'm surprised that no one came up with this before", especially if you look at all the other topics, that try to find the meaning, roots and explanations of GW things in the Lore Forum. :wink:

The Templar Knights were also part of the Freemasonry, so I don't felt the need to mention them seperatly.

Why the Sumerian cult? Because the Sumarian cult of reptiles is linked with the New World Order and because it's the oldest cult known to human, simple. :wink:

Alright...There is no credible link to the Knights Templar and the Free Masons, in fact, on their website, the Masons have denied this link publically. A lot of what you are saying sounds like recycled Da Vinci Code material to me.

Also, any religion with a small base of followers can be considered a religion. Rome considered Christianity a religion until 324 AD, then after that, they considered their old religion a cult. A cult is pretty much anything depending on who you ask.

Keevan Draco
15-03-2006, 22:25
white mantle= Illuminati....agreed

Mursaat=Annunaki...disagree (no viable connection between the two)

Glint=Enki...unknown as i have never heard of enki before. glint is probably based on the classic dragon of D&D fame.

Tengu=Quetzalcoatl....disagree, tengu are most definately of japanese mythos.

Hydra=Lernaean...disagree. probably ripped from an old Godzilla movie.

Seer=Greys...agreed.

Eye of Jantir=Eye of Providence (aka All-Seeing Eye)...agreed.

Quintus Antonius
15-03-2006, 22:29
My best friend is to Japan what I am to Rome.

When he saw the Tengu thing, he flipped out, because apparently, Tengu are taken directly from Japanese mythos. Same name, look, and everything.

Nathardia
15-03-2006, 22:50
Alright...There is no credible link to the Knights Templar and the Free Masons, in fact, on their website, the Masons have denied this link publically. A lot of what you are saying sounds like recycled Da Vinci Code material to me.

Of course they will officially deny it, take a look (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar_%28Freemason_degree%29). Besides, whether they deny it or not is totally irrelevant, point was where the GW story writers got their ideas from. -.-

Also, any religion with a small base of followers can be considered a religion. Rome considered Christianity a religion until 324 AD, then after that, they considered their old religion a cult. A cult is pretty much anything depending on who you ask.

I guess you completely missed the point on this one also. -.-

Nathardia
15-03-2006, 23:00
Mursaat=Annunaki...disagree (no viable connection between the two)

The White Mantle worship the Mursaat. The link is clearly explained. Annunaki = New World Order = Illuminati.

Glint=Enki...unknown as i have never heard of enki before. glint is probably based on the classic dragon of D&D fame.

If she's an ordinairy D&D dragon, why whould she guide us (humans) through the game?

Tengu=Quetzalcoatl....disagree, tengu are most definately of japanese mythos.

Could be, but the Harvey Birdman were also given als an alternative. :)

Hydra=Lernaean...disagree. probably ripped from an old Godzilla movie.

The hydras linked to in the OP are exactly the same as the creatures used in GW. :)

halfthought
15-03-2006, 23:55
once agn there is an actual race of creatures from china whose are pronounced tengu. T-E-N-G-U not harvey birdmen

Quintus Antonius
16-03-2006, 00:05
I think you seem to be taking our counterevidence a bit personally, Nathardia, we aren't saying you are wrong, we are only providing alternatives to your hypothesis based on evidence.

For instance, the Tengu are most certainly Japanese, as there is a Japanese demon race known as the Tengu that look exactly a like. The connection here is undeniable. When I suggested Harvey Birdman, I was saying that the Tengu are more closely related to him than they are to Quetzalcoatl.

You make a lot of references to unsubstantiated claims, even in the real world. We try to keep these forums based on science, which, as I've said many times, is testable and observable. Making assumptions is dangerous, and often wrong.

I didn't take a hit at you, I'd appreicate it if you would not take hits at me by saying I was missing points. I don't feel I missed the point at all, in fact, what I said was real, testable, observable, proven complementary evidence that I was using to refute a false claim. I'd say I nailed the point dead center. Perhaps it is you that missed my point? By not taking the time to consider what I said, you have disregarded everything I was trying to say, and that is why you may feel we are trying to prove you wrong, rather than refine the hypothesis you already presented.

Please, be open to those opinions that disagree with you, as well as those that agree. We are all striving towards a better knowledge of the Guild Wars world, and we are all equals in this quest.

Now, all that aside, perhaps I am still missing your point. My advice, explain everything in so much detail that anyone, regardless of their background or prior knowledge, can understand what you are saying. Use screenshots, use proven evidence, and use clear and explained, testable and observable links.

Serendipity
16-03-2006, 09:03
I might sound stupid but aren't the Illuminati supposed to act in secrecy, behind the scene ?

The first thing you see when you arrive in Kryta are a group of soldiers with emblems on their cape. And then all around Kryta you have keeps guarded by the White Mantle. They act as a police force in at least one occasion in Bergen,

Honestly, if you had said Knight Templar I could have agree, religious order with secular power, but the reference to Illuminati is really far fetched in my opinion.

maina
17-03-2006, 05:35
Hiya!

Been away a little bit, boy is this getting a little weird:undecided:

White mantle I agree with knights Templar. It is really impossible to not find The knights of Templar and the Illuminati connected IN POPULAR CULTURE, but in history.......

Mursaat and seers?-still working on that. If you follow the link for your reptilian in op, I would say that was the foregotten. No flame here, But outside of the Sci-fi channel "Greys" are not always so "helpful" to humans.

Tengu- quick check of mythology or Japanese mythology dictionaries solves that.

Glint- Heres the real fun. Dragons have so many meanings to so many cultures. What "style" or mythos of dragon is she?

Hydras-yeah, hydras that link makes sense. (hummm.....Where I read that they where part of the dragon race?........)

just dropped by, I should dig up some stuff. My bibliophile'ish (is that right?) nature as gotten me a LARGE collection of Illumintai and conspiracies books, it's my second largest collection of titles.