PDA

View Full Version : Ritualist: the new tank?

Baron LaCroix
18-03-2006, 13:30
Alright so, we all know the book trick (at least most of us do, if you don't, ask around or use the forum search function), and the Sorrow's Furnace gear trick. Basically, the monster AI focuses attacks on the guy who's holding something, be it a gear, a book, or a keg. So what about the Ritualist Pots? Will they become aggro magnets too?

Let's suppose they do. Then, a W/Ri can choose some low-cost, long-lasting pot (it doesn't matter what that pot actually DOES, the warrior doesn't care as long as he's holding a pot), and be able to do the "gear/keg/book trick" where-ever he so pleases, thus allowing him to actually be a tank in PvE (finally! and about time too!). What I mean by that is, would the Ritualist pots basically perform the duty of the taunts that are in other games (like World of Warcraft), which focus aggro on the taunter?

I, personally, really hope so. I know it would piss off a lot of PvE Ritualists, who would probably not appreciate all the extra attention, but GW desperately needs a taunt-system, I believe. And this is a good way to give us that without having to change the GW battle system at all (because monsters already focus item-holding people). So what do all of you fellas think?

Erasculio
18-03-2006, 15:27
Basically, the monster AI focuses attacks on the guy who's holding something, be it a gear, a book, or a keg. So what about the Ritualist Pots? Will they become aggro magnets too?

This has already been mentioned here. No, the Ritualist's Ashes don't work like that.

Personally, I hate the Keg Trick, I think it's a lazy way to play the game. I'm happy it won't work on the Ashes.

Erasculio

JeanDeathwish
18-03-2006, 16:11
To be fair, you dont actually know it doesnt work. I doubt it will but there is a small small chance. Did anyone who attended the Back Stage Party try this out?

Satinka
18-03-2006, 20:54
It would devastate all the fun of PvE if it works. If true I can foresee most of the Warriors become Ritualist secondary and flood the channels with "W/Ri ash holder LFG".
It's ok for the furnace but in the whole game it would just be plain boring.

Longasc
18-03-2006, 21:29
Kegs and Books already made Sorrows Furnace and the Fissure lame farming areas.

There is really no need to have an "universal keg class" for every other area of the game. Thanks god this does not work this way...!

Artemis Shadowhawk
18-03-2006, 21:54
Now I was hoping to see an actual Tank Ritualist build in here [without the use of Ashe tricks]. Has anyone made a Tank Ritualist Primary build yet?

Xunlai Agent
18-03-2006, 21:56
Would be funny if it did work actually :rolleyes: :wink:
But it would completely ruin PvE for all the people that don't like the trick :grin:

Siru
18-03-2006, 22:09
I don't even mind if it comes cause I'm not going to be in same party with those W/Rt-ash holders and those who play with the "keg tricks" cause IMO it's just 'bending the rules'.

Just my opinion so don't get offended.

Erasculio
19-03-2006, 00:12
To be fair, you dont actually know it doesnt work.
I know.

As I said, this was discussed on this same Forum a while ago. One of the Alpha Players chimed in and said, with all letters, that it doesn't work. Feel free to use the Search command to find it.

Erasculio

axe avenger
19-03-2006, 00:16
I know.

As I said, this was discussed on this same Forum a while ago. One of the Alpha Players chimed in and said, with all letters, that it doesn't work. Feel free to use the Search command to find it.

Erasculio

yep, this was my question way back. he said that "ritualist ashes arent as important as the keg or book" so they dont have the same effect

BunnyLord
19-03-2006, 05:37
i think that it would be stupid if the ritualist that uses ashes would be the main target in pve, what if you're just an ordinary Rit who wants to play the game normally and doesn't want to get targeted by the enemies.

Kjentei
19-03-2006, 09:33
I agree with BunnyLord, I've got some Mo/Rt and E/Rt builds created that use ashes, and it'd be a shame if that would mean they were targetted by PvE monsters.

FireballX
19-03-2006, 09:36
Didn't I hear something about them fixing the aggro issue with keg/book? As a W/R myself I get irritated when people insinuate that I 'need' the keg/book to be a tank - on the contrary, I just need the rest of my team to stay the hell away from me.

Siru
19-03-2006, 09:59
people insinuate that I 'need' the keg/book to be a tank - on the contrary, I just need the rest of my team to stay the hell away from me.
Right-o! We don't need tricks to be good warriors :thumbsup: