PDA

View Full Version : What is left to figure out before Factions?

Eratimus
18-03-2006, 22:14
While there may be limitless lore and aspects about GW: Prophecy areas that we can continue to figure out, in the long run, when factions comes out alot of the new focus will be on the new lore. I unfortunetely do not see Factions and Prophecies having any similarities, or sharing in the same people such as the Staff of Orr, or the Mursaat seeing the lore we find out from the pre-order info. As the majority of my personal work will be moved to Factions, while I know some of you will cotinue to work on PropheciesL

What are the main issues we need to bring an acceptable resolution to prior to focusing on Factions? Let us see it and allow us a framework of what needs to be completed.

Quintus Antonius
19-03-2006, 03:57
Well...almost everything...

The Mursaat have pretty much been figured out, but Glint has yet to be. The Desert races need a conclusion, and a few other things as well.

Serena Corvidae
19-03-2006, 08:05
I'm not sure that it's possible to come to any sort of definitive conclusion regarding the lore in Prophecies there are simply too many loose ends. Personally I am hoping that there is a link between the lore in Factions and the lore in Prophecies, for example whether the Seers had or have a presence in Cantha as well.

As Quintus said the major unresolved issues seems to be:

The detail Flameseeker Prophies, and more specifically Glint's role within those prophecies
The history of the Crystal Desert, for example the origins of the Enchanted Armours and origins and history of the Margonites and Elonians
The reasons behind the Charr Invasion and the Searing
The locations and powers of the Bloodstones and their possible influence on the environment and world events

This list could go on, but hopefully these are main issues.

Ranger Nietzsche
19-03-2006, 08:43
i just made a thread out of this and realized it should be put here ...as it isnt much of a thread oh well...

basically gaile says no to any tyria lore for the future

Lazarus Dio
21-03-2006, 20:31
It seems like there should be some sort of connection to Cantha. After all, why would our Prophecies characters go off to this new land? Vacation? I do agree that there probably won't be too much to add or resolve to gw:p lore. My guess is that these things will be revealed slowly over time (new areas and chapters), partly for extending the game and partly so that the devs can come up with stuff!

Serena Corvidae
21-03-2006, 22:02
Lazarus I agree with you, I think that there will be lore linking both continents. I was quite interesting in the following quote from the recent IGN article:
The five gods of Tyria have universal sway no matter what corner of the globe you reside in.
IGN: Guild Wars Factions - Character Types (http://pc.ign.com/articles/693/693676p1.html)Although the usual warnings should be stated about relying on information that has not come directly from ArenaNet. Hopefully the forecoming preview event might allow us to delve into some of the lore of Cantha and see how it sits alongside the Tyrian Lore.

Quintus Antonius
21-03-2006, 23:55
All Gaile was saying is they won't be releasing any "Lore Guide" for Guild Wars that makes the connections. There is undoubtably lore in the game; I believe ANet placed it there dilebretly and intentionally, possibly with intial motives to explore it. They have just decide not to connect the dots at this time.

Barinthus
22-03-2006, 01:12
It seems like there should be some sort of connection to Cantha. After all, why would our Prophecies characters go off to this new land? Vacation? I do agree that there probably won't be too much to add or resolve to gw:p lore. My guess is that these things will be revealed slowly over time (new areas and chapters), partly for extending the game and partly so that the devs can come up with stuff!

I kind of assume it was a college spring break frenzy time for them :laugh: