PDA

View Full Version : Ranger expertise and spirits

MrRock
19-03-2006, 21:36
I have a question about something I read. Unfortuneately, I'm not sure exactly where I read this, but it was in a game review about factions.

The preview article was explaining the different new classes. It said something about the ranger skill, expertise, will lower the casting cost of ritualist spirits just like it lowers the casting cost of the rangers own skills and spirits.

This got me to thinking about how this will set precidence for a new level of cross over skills, seeing as expertise is a ranger only skill.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm this or deny this before my imagination goes wild.

Goldfish God
20-03-2006, 00:55
Expertise is a ranger primary only, that doesn't mean it won't work with non-ranger skills. It works with skills (e.g. vampiric touch), stances (e.g. distortion), attack skills (e.g. warrior energy attack skills) etc from any class.

Binding Rituals should be affected exactly the same as Nature Rituals.

Artemis Shadowhawk
20-03-2006, 03:52
Expertise is a ranger primary only, that doesn't mean it won't work with non-ranger skills. It works with skills (e.g. vampiric touch), stances (e.g. distortion), attack skills (e.g. warrior energy attack skills) etc from any class.

Binding Rituals should be affected exactly the same as Nature Rituals.Exactly, Expertise has always been able to work with any other class and it's nothing revolutionary paired with a Ritualist. Now, on the other hand, combinations of Nature Rituals and Binding Rituals such as Frozen Soil and Soul Twisting, or Rupture Soul or any other spirit-destroying skill seems more appealing.

MrRock
20-03-2006, 09:46
Hmmm, thanks for clairifying that. I thought this was only in the case of ranger only skills. I did not realize it was for all skills the ranger uses, even outside of the ranger class.

CKaz
20-03-2006, 21:40
I'm not sure if it'll effect weapon skills (I suppose it might) - well since it's a 'weapon spell' I doubt it (at least as listed @guru), should act as spell then.

In fact after looking at it, it's just the rituals.

So cheaper rituals as a R/Ri
Option for stronger resulting spirits though as a Ri/R

Anyways Mr Rock as a heads up, R/W has been very popular (all those attacks using energy being cheaper) and similiarly a R/A might be popular due to the number of attack skills in Dagger Mastery - cheaper there too

Goldfish God
21-03-2006, 00:43
Weapon Spells are spells, and trigger stuff like Backfire and benefit from Fast Casting, but not stuff like Expertise (which doesn't affect spell-casting costs).