PDA

View Full Version : The role of the Ritualist in PvE/PUGs

Longasc
21-03-2006, 17:00
I wonder what role a ritualist could play in a 4-8 man PvE party.

The Ritualist has a lot of spells that use stationary spirits, one of the main problems for a fast moving group -> dfscott posted a build that works with spirits and Ritual Lord to counter this http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=389561 , but I am not really that convinced.

So I wonder what can a Ritualist do? There are some offensive spells like Ancestors Rage, the Ritualist can also provide numerous weapon buffs.

I read up about Ritualist spells, but I was not really that impressed. The Ritualist can be a backup healer, lacking condition removal, one rez (Flesh of my Flesh) and one heal (Soothing Memories) can make for some sort of E/Mo Healer with spam of Sooth Memories.

The Ritualist seems to be very group dependant, while not really adding that much to the party. The seem to shine once the fighting takes places in a restricted area and they have time to set up their spirits.

On the other hand, they are damn sexy. At least the females. They got even an (not really necessary) upgrade to cup size DD, and I like the idea behind them and their animations.

I want to restrict this discussion to PvE. Do you have any thoughts or ideas WHY a party should take a Ritualist, besides that they are new and cool?

Maybe you can give me some ideas to try out for the FPE?

Excuse my lack of imagination, but the only ritualist build so far that I liked was that of a Necro MM in disguise. :)

Serendipity
21-03-2006, 17:14
Think about Prophecies.

Before level 20, most of the mobs will die quickly. If you are playing a mesmer you feel useless, you cast Empathy, the mobs attacks once and die.

After level 20, when you encounter level 24-28 mobs and bosses, every fight takes some time. Maybe one or two minutes for a normal group. Up to 5 minutes if you have a bad spawn (warrior + monk bosses ).

Similarly to the mesmer, the ritualist won't be that useful for the former part of the game. But for the latter, it will tremendously help.

Think about how many times you were happy to have a blood or power well. Spirits are much more powerful than wells.

Artemis Shadowhawk
21-03-2006, 20:01
I think both of you guys are selling Ritualists short.

The Ritualist has a lot of spells that use stationary spirits, one of the main problems for a fast moving group -> dfscott posted a build that works with spirits and Ritual Lord to counter this http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=389561 , but I am not really that convinced. First off, pretty much every build posted in this forum hasn't been tied down to long waits. Secondly, if you've ever played an Elementalist nuker, you know that you can nuke practically every battle just like you'll be able put spirits down every battle.

So I wonder what can a Ritualist do? There are some offensive spells like Ancestors Rage, the Ritualist can also provide numerous weapon buffs.There are not just some offensive spells. There are a lot of offensive spells. Look through the entire channeling line.

I read up about Ritualist spells, but I was not really that impressed. The Ritualist can be a backup healer, lacking condition removal, one rez (Flesh of my Flesh) and one heal (Soothing Memories) can make for some sort of E/Mo Healer with spam of Sooth Memories.I don't think you read closely enough, go back and read through the ritualist line. They have more than one healing spell, they have condition removal, and they have an actual reusable ressurection, which the only other class to do so is a Monk.

To be honest, just from your post I don't think you've really looked at the ritualist that indepth. Try putting together a Healer using Restoration. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how well it will actually work. Try putting together a blaster from the Channeling line. Once again, I think that after you really assess the skills, you'll find that they are just as good as many elementalist skills. Finally, you can create a Spiritualist using something like Union and Shelter to provide a huge boon to the entire party. Then put down Displacement. You'd give your entire party a much much better chance of survival, and you can heal on top of that or blast or summon more spirits.

Furthermore, I think ritualist will have plenty to offer at low levels as a healer or any other role. Nothing is incredibly amazing at low levels and a Ritualist will advance just as all other classes do.

I'd suggest reading through the skills again and trying to put one and one together before completely discrediting the class.

Attuned was Songkai FTW

Erasculio
21-03-2006, 20:08
Keep in mind that the "right" role for the Ritualist isn't what it's likely going to be - people are probably going to slap some weird definition on the Rits (just like "Ele=nuker" and "Warrior=tank") and that's it.

Also, keep in mind that a recent interview mentioned a Ritualist spell to teleport the spirit to him. It has been confirmed that the interview in which this was said wasn't wrong, so...

The skills we currently have for the Ritualist apparently aren't the final ones. There's room for a lot of changes there.

Erasculio

Straccan
21-03-2006, 20:22
I would like to read some suggestions. Telling someone that he has not read closely enough is just poor, sorry.

He was also not "discrediting" the class, but I wonder if his concerns do not have a grain of salt when I read the answers so far.

Doyle
21-03-2006, 23:04
Longasc, as a big fan of the ritualist, I feel your pain. I am not 100% happy with my results (well, not since I discovered GWFreaks had Spirit Burn in the wrong line) but I still think there are some possibilities. I can't believe that Anet would make a class that couldn't be successful at PvE.

You'll note that all of my builds have been almost 100% ritualist. Anet loves synergy, so I think there are lots of cross-class combos out there just waiting to be discovered. We've already seen some of it with the necro. Remember that there are new "core-class" skills coming as well -- I'm betting that some of them will be designed in this way. I feel like Rangers and Rits are just made for each other, so I'm eager to see the new ranger skills for this reason.

Siru
21-03-2006, 23:17
Ritualist can be used in both ways: offencive & defencive.
It can be used to support attacks or even lead attacks.
It can be used as a damage dealer too.
It doesn't have to use spirits to be efficient all the time.
It doesn't have to be necro as secondary :grin: (just a joke [seen too much talk of Rt/N's and N/Rt's])

Longasc
22-03-2006, 00:12
http://www.gartenatelier.de/images2/schubkarre.jpg

Ritualist spirit helper. :wink:

Well, only three days and we can test a lot of builds. Starting at level 20 with 20 skills for each class will allow for much better testing, even if you use a FPE-only-account.

There is also GHOSTLY HASTE, 17-21% faster spell recharge. If you cast your spirits at the beginning of a battle, the ones with 45 seconds recharge would be ready after 36 seconds. This would work even without wasting the Elite slot for Ritual Lord.

As Serendipity said, late game battles often take around half a minute or more. And we should not forget ANEt's statement - I hope it is true - that Cantha will have 85% high end content. So we might be safe from the early level problems that some professions have in Prophecies.

Erasculio said, players will give the Ritualist a role, if you want it or not.

I had this in mind - I do not have a good name for this build yet. :)

If we get the UNION Spirit early on, you can bet what will be going on: Two Ritualists casting Union in turns and keeping the spirit alive, permanent 15 points of damage reduction. You do not even need high communing for full effect. Add in Call of Protection for Ranger pets and add in a MM. :cool:

Artemis Shadowhawk
22-03-2006, 00:24
I would like to read some suggestions. Telling someone that he has not read closely enough is just poor, sorry.Alright here are some suggestions concerning what I said he did not read closely enough, which I meant the restoration attribute. Therefore, we'll be focusing on the Restoration skills.

-"lacking condition removal"
I suggest looking into:
Mend Body and Soul
Resilient Was Xiko
Resilient Weapon

-"one rez"
I suggest looking into:
Flesh of My Flesh
Restoration [communing]
Lively was Naomei

-"one heal"
I suggest looking into:
Generous was Tsungrai
Life
Mend Body and Soul
Preservation
Recuperation
Soothing Memories
Spirit Light
Spirit Light Weapon
Vengeful Weapon
Weapon of Warding
Wielder's Boon

So they obviously don't lack condition removal and if you notice Resilient was Xiko is almost on par to Melandru's Resilience, which is an elite. They have more than one ressurection skill. Furthermore, they are the only other class to have such other than a Monk. And they have much more than just one healing spell.

Now maybe we can put those skills together:

Rt/x Healer
Attributes:
Spawning: 12+1=13
Restoration: 12+4=16

Skills:
Soothing Memories
Spirit Light
Mend Body and Soul
Weaponn of Warding
Resilient Weapon
Recuperation
Attuned was Songkai
Flesh of my Flesh

Summary:
Attuned was Songkai reduces your 5 energy spells to 3 energy and your 10 energy spells to 6 energy. Soothing Memories returns 3 energy when holding an item. That means that you can cast a 106 hp spell for 0 energy every 5 seconds. Mend Body and Soul removes a condition (due to Recuperation) and heals for 90 hp for 3 energy. Recuperation is practically a Well of Blood just larger, it lasts 55 seconds so you can keep it up almost indefinately. Spirit Light heals for 162 hp at the cost of 6 energy. Weapon of Warding and Resilient Weapon can help any ally who is feeling a little pressure.

To me that doesn't seem like a backup healer.

Artemis Shadowhawk
22-03-2006, 00:41
So far on the website, we've seen many different builds that all work rather well. I don't think the Ritualist will be confined to one specific role like a tank, nuker, or healer. However, instead they will be able to contribute to any party by compensating for what they are missing. And they can compensate rather well as seen so far.

Ritualists also have a very party-beneficial theme with spirits. Union and Shelter will help any party by decreasing all damage to 10% -15. And skills like Ghostly Haste, Soul Twisting, and Ritual Lord ensure that these spirits can stay active.

To me, Ritualists seem like Bards from Dungeons and Dragons. They are jacks of all trades, capable of filling many roles, and they have great universal party-affecting abilities similar to bardic music. And really, Ritualists are so much cooler than a bard.

Goldfish God
22-03-2006, 00:44
The Ritualist has a lot of spells that use stationary spirits

I think it's listed somewhere, that only about 50% of the ritualist spells are actually related to spirits (including the basic binding rituals to summon them).
There is also Ash-pot spells and Weapon spells to deal with. (both have theoretical builds on this forum somewhere with no spirits involved).

The Ritualist can be a backup healer, lacking condition removal, one rez (Flesh of my Flesh) and one heal (Soothing Memories) can make for some sort of E/Mo Healer with spam of Sooth Memories.

There have multiple heals, direct heals including one that provides condition removal for each spirit in the area, and one that provides energy back if carrying an object (like ash-pots), or regen and life-steal healing also.

The Ritualist seems to be very group dependant, while not really adding that much to the party. The seem to shine once the fighting takes places in a restricted area and they have time to set up their spirits.

I would say they can easily sit in the same space filled with monk buffs or ele/necro damage, but in a single package.

Neat things I like:
Weapon Spells can provide more "weapony" features temporarily on caster weapons. So that slightly rubbish staff damage, can now become life-stealing, or interrupting, or whatever. Something normally restricted to "real-men" weapons like axes and swords. A bit like ranger Preperations u can cast on other people.

uses? turn a frenzied warrior into an interrupter, or boost their vampiric stealing so they sustain their own health, or just protect them. Atm, Weapon spells cannot be stripped like Enchantments (or shattered, descecrated etc), and that's a bonus in itself.

Ash-pots, really attracts my inner-postalworker. Now I too can enjoy smashing pottery for comic relief, each one with it's own special prize. :laugh:
Uses? backline defense (e.g. drop it when the tanks go down, no cast involved), rapid deployment of spirits, and enhancer conditions for some ritualist spells. A more offensive Rt or Rt secondary can easily use them as a means of deploying a powerful first move in combat (e.g. u could blind an bunch of mobs before they can retaliate.

Erasculio
22-03-2006, 00:52
To me, Ritualists seem like Bards from Dungeons and Dragons. They are jacks of all trades, capable of filling many roles
The problem, IMO, is that you could say the same thing about Rangers, Mesmers and Necromancers...And guess who were the "black sheep" of GW until a short time ago? Not because they sucked (they don't), but rather because people couldn't find a place in their groups for them.

Granted, we cannot do much with stupid people, but I'm afraid it will be these people who will set what a Ritualist can and, more importantly, cannot do.

The best I can do is to play as a Ritualist and try to be a Hell of a good one, so people will see how useful a Ritualist is (hey, I said "try" :laugh: ). I just hope the Ritualist players manage to break any misconceptions others could have about them soon.

Erasculio

Artemis Shadowhawk
22-03-2006, 01:02
The problem, IMO, is that you could say the same thing about Rangers, Mesmers and Necromancers...And guess who were the "black sheep" of GW until a short time ago? Not because they sucked (they don't), but rather because people couldn't find a place in their groups for them.That's true, but now look at tombs. 5 Rangers and 2 Necromancers. Necromancers always have a place in SF. Rangers are always in demand for interrupts. Necromancers are always in demand for MM or batteries. I think that players will now have enough knowedge and of the game to learn to respect the usefulness of Ritualists.

I'd also like to point out that there is going to be a huge flux of Assassins and Ritualists. Assassins can really only serve as damage dealing melee characters. I think the Ritualists are going to be forced into showing that they can nuke, heal, and aid the entire group.

And as a sidenote, all my IGNs end in "Blacksheep." I'm founder of the guild The Sheep Rebellion. My Ritualist will be named Grimm Blacksheep. I play a Ranger and a Necromancer. I think it's funny that you used Blacksheep to describe all of my characters.

Erasculio
22-03-2006, 01:40
And as a sidenote, all my IGNs end in "Blacksheep." I'm founder of the guild The Sheep Rebellion. My Ritualist will be named Grimm Blacksheep. I play a Ranger and a Necromancer. I think it's funny that you used Blacksheep to describe all of my characters.
:laugh: I'm tempted to join your guild, that's the best guild name I have seen so far. With some luck your Ritualist won't fall into the sheep group, though :smiley:

Erasculio

Artemis Shadowhawk
22-03-2006, 02:22
:laugh: I'm tempted to join your guild, that's the best guild name I have seen so far. With some luck your Ritualist won't fall into the sheep group, though :smiley:

ErasculioLol, we'd be happy to have you.

Zaxares
22-03-2006, 05:31
To me, the most powerful ability of the Ritualist is their ability to summon spirits. Like minions, they are extra bodies in a fight that perform their roles without direct supervision, and they provide other targets for the enemy to attack. Unlike minions, however, spirits can be damage dealers, healers and interrupters, among others. A spirit ritualist can be literally a walking platoon of soldiers given a bit of time to setup and prepare. I eagerly look forward to having ritualists in my party. :laugh:

Zingeri
22-03-2006, 06:28
As I've said literally 1 million times before: Ritual Lord + Shelter/Union/Displacement Spam.

Siru
22-03-2006, 07:06
As I've said literally 1 million times before: Ritual Lord + Shelter/Union/Displacement Spam.
As I've said: it won't be long before people notice those few skills that can make spirits "backfire" - spam won't work :grin:

Serendipity
22-03-2006, 10:19
The problem, IMO, is that you could say the same thing about Rangers, Mesmers and Necromancers...And guess who were the "black sheep" of GW until a short time ago? Not because they sucked (they don't), but rather because people couldn't find a place in their groups for them.

The "blackest" sheep is the Mesmer because people don't see what Mesmers are doing during battles.

So when you have the choice between a Minon Master who has an army of fiends and a mesmer, the "uneducated player" will take the MM.
Same reason for taking a fire ele, even post patch, over a mesmer.

The ritualist has the advantage to have visible manifestation of his power on the battle field with the spirits. So people will tend to trust them.

But if you are playing a ritualist without using spirits expect to " WTF omg n00bs where R the spirtis ?!!!"

Longasc
22-03-2006, 11:08
I wonder what the contradiction is when I say "a lot" of ritualist spells depend on spirits, and someone say "no, no, only 50%".

Also their ONLY condition removal is "Mend Body and Soul" and again requires a spirit - even the more, the better, 1 condition per Spirit. If you have them, this is quite good. All the "Resilient..." spells add Health Regeneration, but NO removal. Does not remove a deep wound, cripple or blindness, dazed, it can counter Bleeding.

Soothing Memories is on a timer of 5 seconds, better get some 20% recharge wands and foci to have a chance to reduce this, and even then it cries SUPPORT. This heal depends on other ritualist skills to keep the party alive additionally, 5 seconds is long enough for players to die. In Artemis example, the Ritualist however cast SM without the energy worries of Orison/RoF (2 recharge) spamming monks.

I have read your build, Artemis, but this is definitely a very helpful SUPPORTER, no full fledged monk replacement. If you get no monk, a Ritualist can fill the role, yes. But I would rather agree with Zingeri, his idea adds something the monk cannot do as well or better:

Shelter (prot spirit for all), Union (-15 global damage), Displacement (global evade) and try to keep your spirits alive, this might be the problem if this will be viable or not, even Zingeri must rely on Ritual Lord to recast these spirits, as they might go down quickly.

I also like Shadowsong and Earthbind for knockdown and blindness. And just to add, I am not anti-ritualist, I am just thinking about WHY MY RITUALIST vs already known classes in their specific roles. Excuse my worries. :)

It all depends if the Ritualist can deploy spirits or not. Too many ritualist spells and combos really demand the presence of spirits. In fact the most powerful ritualist spells (IMO).

If the enemy can prevent this, kill the spirit or while they are recharging, you are in a similar situation to a Necro MM waiting for corpses. You need some time to get into business.

Goldfish God
22-03-2006, 15:09
I wonder what the contradiction is when I say "a lot" of ritualist spells depend on spirits, and someone say "no, no, only 50%".

I guess this is in reference to me, but I don't think I said anything negative towards the "a lot", just clarified that there are a substantial amount of non-spirit skills in Rt's repetoire.

I also like Shadowsong and Earthbind for knockdown and blindness. And just to add, I am not anti-ritualist, I am just thinking about WHY MY RITUALIST vs already known classes in their specific roles. Excuse my worries. :)

I think it comes down to "why not". Comparing them only to Monk healing, or Necro MM within each skill, you should take into account that ANet is not just recreating a pre-existing class/skill-set, or mushing together two classes into 1. They're going for something with its own playstyle and flavour. ANet recognised the monopoly on healing monks currently have, but they don't want to completely invalidate that uniqueness. Throwing things together, u have aspects of monks (some healing/protection stuff), necros(health steal, spirit-armies), rangers(preperation-style weapon spells), elementalists(direct-damage blasts), mesmers(interrupts, interrupt-immunity, diversion ash-pot) and mildly warriors(outliving conditions instead of removing).

While assassins have a weapon-combo mechanic, I think ritualists are set for a spell-combo mechanic. At worst they're going to be a very strong compliment to every other class.

A minor point, Healing monk attribute only really deals with healing, while Restoration has more offensive skills (e.g. vampiric effects, blindness) allowing a Rt to focus in a single attribute but do more than a single line of similar effects. Rt Binding Rituals (and the spirits they create) are not spells, so avoid Backfire or other spell-subverting effects.

There are 8/8 mesmer runs of SF and Tombs, no monk-primaries involved (also 8/8 necro, monk, ele runs too). It seems that all ANet's classes are designed to be flexible enough for most roles based on their skill-bar, I don't think Rt (or assassins) are going to find themselves stuck in a hole, it'll just take someone to think of a cookie-cutter build that involves them to make them "must-have". Ranger trapper teams are still around, and at least superficially, they bear a mild resemblance to the possibility of a Ritualist Spirit-fort.

It's pretty likely in PvE that most mobs won't reach the Rt spirits, or go for them first. This might mean Rts will have a sustained effect that would be less likely in PvP where opponents will kill spirits if they're a problem. Rt even have a spell for dealing damage for each binding ritual recharging. A high number of spirits will at least provide a diversion/damage split while everyone retreats.

I missed a bit on the my reply..

one rez (Flesh of my Flesh)
they have Flesh of my Flesh, an Ash-pot ressurection (when dropped= area-rez, similar to the ressurection orb from PvP), and a spirit res (when spirit dies = area-rez)

The Hazard
23-03-2006, 03:27
Well i think we can all agree that if used properly mesmer can do amazing stuff, but are difficult to play and often over looked. How often do you see teams specifically looking for mesmer? Generally not.

I have a feeling that the ritualist might fall into the same predicament... It will be difficult to do right and your average team wont really need them. I believe they will be key to a lot of team and guild builds, but in PUG groups will be overlooked.

I also think it will boost the usage of mesmers. The ritualists skills are mostly long to cast, costly, long recharge time. A mesmer could completely take out your average ritualist.

Sure the ritualist can do a lot of stuff, but can it do it the best? Most groups will probably want at least one monk preferably two. If it is hard to get a monk then the might take a ritualist as a healer. They can deal decent damage, but not as much as other professions. They will probably make a great protector, but how many PUG groups do you see looking for a protector now? Most would rather have another healer.

I think that the ritualist has great potential and competent players will be able to unleash it. however, the average player playing a ritualist may not be very effective.

I do appreciate however that Anet recognizes that warriors and monks are the two most useful classes. An average 8 player team will want 2 of each. Hopefully the 2 new classes will reduce this need and add a bit more diversity to parties and not allow one class to have a monopoly on a roll. Now classes are overlapping eachothers abilities making each class more equally wanted.

Shadowspawn X
23-03-2006, 13:39
I think that one thing that everyone is overlooking is that the true PUG is on the
decline. People will always need them, for certain situations. Yet any one with a guild is going to draw from that player pool first, then the friends list which is extensive to many players because many people have played for months or as long as a year and usually have made a buddy or two in that time. Also with chapter two the Alliance is anothor pool to chose from which is theorectically 10 times bigger than the guild. Also when you have to get a PUG other members of thr PUG have these same resources and should grow as team players making them more knowlegable and accepting of different classes and stratgies. The ritulist will have plenty to do in guilds, freinds groups, and alliance groups, the PUG with all its probelms is a dying breed. It may get more sophisticated as time goes on or it may all but die out. Also as more players play the more outcast charactors the attitudes should change for the better. That chaotic PUG that we know today isn't going to be around in the long run.

Doyle
23-03-2006, 22:50
I think that one thing that everyone is overlooking is that the true PUG is on the
decline. People will always need them, for certain situations. Yet any one with a guild is going to draw from that player pool first, then the friends list which is extensive to many players because many people have played for months or as long as a year and usually have made a buddy or two in that time. Also with chapter two the Alliance is anothor pool to chose from which is theorectically 10 times bigger than the guild. Also when you have to get a PUG other members of thr PUG have these same resources and should grow as team players making them more knowlegable and accepting of different classes and stratgies. The ritulist will have plenty to do in guilds, freinds groups, and alliance groups, the PUG with all its probelms is a dying breed. It may get more sophisticated as time goes on or it may all but die out. Also as more players play the more outcast charactors the attitudes should change for the better. That chaotic PUG that we know today isn't going to be around in the long run.

I find this not to be the case for me. I find I'm grouping more with PUGs and less with friends/guildies. Guidies were very valuable in the beginning, when you don't know how to do things and can get stuck, but once you get to your 3rd or 4th character, you become a lot more self-sufficient. I used to group a lot with my friends, but lately I see fewer and fewer people on my friends list, so there's not many of them around to group with (Factions may call some back however). Guildies are very similiar, as many are waiting for Factions and not logging on as much. So rather than bother/wait around for guildies, I generally PUG or hench it, because I can.

liketorock
24-03-2006, 00:25
I don't know about ya'll,but i'm an very good player and i can kill monsters pretty fast,so i think that i could kill a monster before a ritualist could get his spirits up,and spirits is what i was looking forward to the most,so i'm not 100% on the ritualist.i want to hear what ya'll say so argue away.

Syes
24-03-2006, 00:37
You play a warrior don't you ?

I mean, what's the point of any skill. Look at Spiteful Spirit, you have to actually wait for your target to attack you for it to do any damage. What's the point in that ?

Being mildly serious for just a tiny moment. There will be times in PvE when Ritualists focusing on spirits feel left behind (how many ranger spirits get used in PvE atm ?), but there's plenty to make them useful in any party any time. What ? Play this weekend and find out. :tongue:

Siru
24-03-2006, 00:55
I sent your post to Dark Oak and heres his reply:

Lots of use, yes, yes. Much spirits, boom, boom. Cantha overpopulated, and featherless tengus everywhere. No carrion crows or lions on sight. Sweet silence at maguuma after 24th of next month. Hope it will last for a moment. And I hate that old hag who always prophecies before me. She makes my job useless.
May the old goods be with you
- Dark Oak, The Druid Prophet

PS Oh almost forgot! Nice weather on saturday and sunday. Make sure to catch fresh air and water between the battles to keep your mind focused

Finn
24-03-2006, 01:03
You play a warrior don't you ?:laugh:

Like any class Ritualists have the ability to do several different things. Set up with the correct build a Ritualist can be devastating damage wise. Sure it could take a few seconds to get spirits set, but the end result is the same though => Monster dead.

Goldfish God
24-03-2006, 04:12
maybe not spirits, maybe telling them they're slow won't get u that neat little weapon spell either, or any kind of lure tactic involved. Afterall, every knows Eles with Meteor Storm are rubbish because it has a 5 second cast time. :laugh:

JeanDeathwish
24-03-2006, 05:34
I don't know about ya'll,but i'm an very good player and i can kill monsters pretty fast,so i think that i could kill a monster before a ritualist could get his spirits up,and spirits is what i was looking forward to the most,so i'm not 100% on the ritualist.i want to hear what ya'll say so argue away.

This is true in lower levels of game play. When its lvl 5 vs lvl 3 monster and your doing 100 damage each swing the monsters die fast. But if you would try titan quests, for example, things dont die as fast. This leaves time for the Ritualist (or Necro or Mesmer since they suffer similar fates) to prepare and be as useful (or more) than that warrior in the front.

For GWP, about 25-30% is "high level" play, meaning suited for lvl 20s. These are the areas that give time for the Necros and Mesmers to be useful. In GWF, about 80% is "high level" play. The back lines will have more time to play with and contribute to the party because not everything will be dead in 5sec.

Longasc
24-03-2006, 12:38
I did not play a ritualist, but Professor Gai, the ritualist hench, can keep up placing Union and Shelter spirits. Dunno if he does much else, must keep an eye on him next time.