PDA

View Full Version : W/Rt - The next stance tank ?

FatherAmaro
23-03-2006, 18:17
I was wondering if this isn't really a GREAT "ashes-carrier" .

The stance tank we know now but with a great capability of damage-dealing (and other conditions) through holding of ashes (and then dropping them after x seconds).

Wouldn't this be VERY nice ? :>

Finn
23-03-2006, 18:45
I myself see a W/Rt as more of a user of weapon spells. Having a warrior hold ashes negates a lot of damage that they would normally be doing with weapons.

FatherAmaro
23-03-2006, 18:49
maybe not, if ashes were like the mighty gear :P

Finn
23-03-2006, 18:54
It has been said before, by Marauder I believe that pots do not act like gears/books. I for one am quite happy about that. It means that Rt primaries will not necessarily become the primary target of all monsters as soon as they summon a pot.

Longasc
23-03-2006, 22:49
I think it would be a great feature of factions if they would remove the aggro magnet item/gear completely. This would make an end to brainless gameplay.

Finn
23-03-2006, 23:14
I think it would be a great feature of factions if they would remove the aggro magnet item/gear completely. This would make an end to brainless gameplay.

I wholeheartedly agree Longasc. It takes away from any challenge to use the game AI like this.

Wakunahum
23-03-2006, 23:20
I myself see a W/Rt as more of a user of weapon spells. Having a warrior hold ashes negates a lot of damage that they would normally be doing with weapons.

But at the same time a tank role and a damage dealing role are 2 different things.

FatherAmaro
23-03-2006, 23:56
"the game AI" is more "intelligent" with the "magnet-thing" to the gear because the gear/book is something of the utmost importance for them and therefore they want to get it back at all costs, which explains the "magnet-effect".

Goldfish God
24-03-2006, 04:08
I take great liberties unplugging every single cog in SF, maybe one day I'll discover if this actually does anything (like causing the whole of SF's machinery to stop). Currently I haven't noticed anything happen, so they can't be that important. :laugh:

The various important items should only draw aggro if someone is running away with them (where upon lotsa cripple, snare-hex type stuff should be unleashed). Attacking a stationary holder while ignoring the allied monk seems short-sighted at best.

I guess this would just lead to tanks that run round in circles instead of standing still.

FatherAmaro
24-03-2006, 08:47
the gear is not a great example but the Book in FoW or the Scepter of Orr in Sanctum Cay are great examples of what i said before.