PDA

View Full Version : I just cant get past the Assassin's lame run

Dukan
24-03-2006, 22:22
That hunched over, sneaky ninja movement. It doesn't look quite as exaggerated as it was in the World Preview Event, but it's still there. I was hoping they would give the sins a normal forward run and have the sneaky run for sprint type skills.

And the female assassin still looks like a 14 year old. I've been playing one for about an hour. I'm trying to get past the crippled, child assassin appearance and give the profession an honest chance... really, I am.

Alas... it's not happening. Guess she's just not my cup of tea. And her.... dance? Uhm.... what exactly is that?

I had fun with a Ranger/Assassin last BWE. I'm going to try that again. Love the dual weild, love the attack movements, shadow stepping, etc. The character designs are just lacking, IMHO. Oh, well.

oldmantime
25-03-2006, 00:31
Oh how i love the way the assassin runs, it's the best thing about the char, that or the teleporting all over the place. personally i can't get enough, the prospect of playing with another character seems....well...boring now

Ectos N Shards
25-03-2006, 00:45
the Female Assassin has the dance of one of those Inline skaters on the Xbox game "Jet Set Radio Future"

They look Bolemic, small, and gross, Honestly, If Guild wars were like real life, If I was a Small female Assassin, I would run like hell if I saw a warrior with a big hammer chasing after me, one swing and he would break all your ribs and take a part of your spine with him.

Mor Gothic
25-03-2006, 01:55
the Female Assassin has the dance of one of those Inline skaters on the Xbox game "Jet Set Radio Future"

They look Bolemic, small, and gross, Honestly, If Guild wars were like real life, If I was a Small female Assassin, I would run like hell if I saw a warrior with a big hammer chasing after me, one swing and he would break all your ribs and take a part of your spine with him.

Personally If I was a Small female Assassin Id appear in front of him then shove a Dagger into his unprotected throat before he could react...but thats just me... :grin:

Oh and I really like the away the Female Assassin looks.

They certianly arent Bolemic...their thin with good figurea and as for gross...well I really dont know where you came up with that...

Gamesguy
25-03-2006, 16:36

Assasins who dont run like hell when a warrior comes after them tends to end up very very dead.:wink:

Xunlai Agent
25-03-2006, 16:41
They look Bolemic, small, and gross
I completely agree...

Mor Gothic
25-03-2006, 18:39
Assasins who dont run like hell when a warrior comes after them tends to end up very very dead.:wink:

You think that...You havent seen a well played Assassin in action against a Warrior in PvP then?

But then Ive had the same thing said about my N/W just before the Warrior who made the mistake of attacking me drops dead at my feet with my health still at full...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectos N Shards

I completely agree...

And I dont....

Yazoo
25-03-2006, 19:06
I thought I was the only one who hated the assasin design.
they fixed some armors, but still missing something...
the assasin must inspire FEAR, not laughs (talking about only looks).
well..I think im gonna play a R/A after all.
BTW, they did a good job with the ritualist, at least...:huh:

Xunlai Agent
25-03-2006, 19:29
And I dont....
I do.......

KageMonkey
25-03-2006, 20:09
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8957903654933442323

They need to model the assassins like the ones in the video. At the end of the above video shows the way that the assassin should run.

axe avenger
25-03-2006, 20:48
I completely agree about the running.. i was just about to make a thread about this myself.. their run is so horrible that it makes me shy away from the profession all together. It's a shame really

Mor Gothic
25-03-2006, 21:22
When will you people learn? coming on the forums and going I think A-Net should do this and that is not going to work?

I mean look at the AoE update did they reverse that? No they didnt...even with all the Ele's who couldn't be bothered to think about their build's where screaming about how they where going to leave GW as it destroyed the game...

Its their game and just because the Assassin run doesn't look like the sterotype thats been forced down your throats means that A-Net Have to do it like that? No they dont...

Its very simple if you dont like this and that (the run, the looks etc) about the Assassin then dont make one...and leave us that do in peace...

Yazoo
26-03-2006, 00:05
When will you people learn? coming on the forums and going I think A-Net should do this and that is not going to work?

I mean look at the AoE update did they reverse that? No they didnt...even with all the Ele's who couldn't be bothered to think about their build's where screaming about how they where going to leave GW as it destroyed the game...

Its their game and just because the Assassin run doesn't look like the sterotype thats been forced down your throats means that A-Net Have to do it like that? No they dont...

Its very simple if you dont like this and that (the run, the looks etc) about the Assassin then dont make one...and leave us that do in peace...

you are screaming out loud to be flamed.

everyone is posting their opinions, if you are an A-net lover, good for you, but let ppl (coustomers) to say what they like or dislike, because there is something called feedback and A-net use that info.

Mor Gothic
26-03-2006, 00:54
you are screaming out loud to be flamed.

everyone is posting their opinions, if you are an A-net lover, good for you, but let ppl (coustomers) to say what they like or dislike, because there is something called feedback and A-net use that info.

Flame me then and see if I care....oh and btw your post would be called Flame bait much more then mine...

My point is people have already made threads complaining about about these things. A-Net have listened the run is now not as bad as its was. But this is not my point, which is people are saying this is how an assassin should run, this is what they should look like and if you dont do it like this its wrong...just because you would like the Assassin to run like this or look like that doesnt mean they should...

Ace Bear
26-03-2006, 01:50
They are assassins. They run around quickly, sneak over walls and crap, teleport through stuff, how would you look if you did that? I'm suprised they have as much meat on their bones as they do from all that.

Desthe
26-03-2006, 03:02
Flame me then and see if I care....oh and btw your post would be called Flame bait much more then mine...

My point is people have already made threads complaining about about these things. A-Net have listened the run is now not as bad as its was. But this is not my point, which is people are saying this is how an assassin should run, this is what they should look like and if you dont do it like this its wrong...just because you would like the Assassin to run like this or look like that doesnt mean they should...

They are suggestions, nothing more. The way someone feels an Assassin should run in the game. The fact that you are getting so bent out of shape over mere suggestions points to a larger issue, the fact that you should probably get out more.

I never understand why people have to go into elitist mode and shoot down suggestions constantly as if they are unwarranted and unwelcome. The fact that you dropped a deuce on this thread and the original poster is testament to an elitist attitude that should be kept to yourself.

Yes, the Assassin's run is hideous. They still have a hunchback thing going on, perhaps if they held their daggers backwards instead of straight out it wouldn't look so unnatural.

Banes
26-03-2006, 03:16
I thought I was the only one who hated the assasin design.
they fixed some armors, but still missing something...
the assasin must inspire FEAR, not laughs (talking about only looks).
well..I think im gonna play a R/A after all.
BTW, they did a good job with the ritualist, at least...:huh:
I agree the ritualist is great, skills wise as well. If used right--a very tough toon as well. I didnt care for the assasin, skills or looks wise myself.

Mor Gothic
26-03-2006, 03:41
They are suggestions, nothing more. The way someone feels an Assassin should run in the game. The fact that you are getting so bent out of shape over mere suggestions points to a larger issue, the fact that you should probably get out more.

I never understand why people have to go into elitist mode and shoot down suggestions constantly as if they are unwarranted and unwelcome. The fact that you dropped a deuce on this thread and the original poster is testament to an elitist attitude that should be kept to yourself.

Yes, the Assassin's run is hideous. They still have a hunchback thing going on, perhaps if they held their daggers backwards instead of straight out it wouldn't look so unnatural.

Ok I am not getting bent out of shape on this issue and my attitude cant really be called Elitest...

My problem as I have stated is not with the suggestions at all...you think something its your opinion and i cant change that so Im not going to try...

My problem is when people say this is how this character should move and look and if you dont make it so im not going to play this character so you better change it or else...

Also they attempt to hide these complaint threads as "feedback". This "Feedback" as already been addressed by Anet after the PvP Event and the Assassin movement has improved so atleast they dont look like their about to fall to one side while moving now...

The Assassin Female model is what these people have a problem with when they mention "looks" Faction's is an Asian themed game but yet we have people saying they are Bolemic, small, and gross. Asian people tend so be smaller and thiner then Westerner's but people seem to have a problem with this...when it comes to the character model atleast (and I do not want to turn this into a Racism Issue I am backing up my point...).

Originally Posted by Ace Bear

They are assassins. They run around quickly, sneak over walls and crap, teleport through stuff, how would you look if you did that? I'm suprised they have as much meat on their bones as they do from all that.

Exactly my point...

Yazoo
26-03-2006, 05:34

Ok, im gonna try to explain you this in order:

1 preview>Feedback> Anet- actually improve the assasin armors.
2 Preview>Feedback> Mor Gothic jumps from nowhere and says nobody can give their opinions.

If there is any Double Topic, the moderators will do their job
well im not bothering anymore with you, if you cant understand you are just Mor gothic

Mor Gothic
26-03-2006, 14:15
Ok, im gonna try to explain you this in order:

1 preview>Feedback> Anet- actually improve the assasin armors.
2 Preview>Feedback> Mor Gothic jumps from nowhere and says nobody can give their opinions.

If there is any Double Topic, the moderators will do their job
well im not bothering anymore with you, if you cant understand you are just Mor gothic

This post made me laugh it really did...

This topic isnt on the Assassin Armor's...it's on the run and the looks...

And as Ive stated mutiple times you can have your opinions and you can post them is size 23 font it doesnt mean people have to agree...I dont expect you to agree with me or care when you dont...

and apprantly no one this allowed to point this out...if they dare their Elitest or refusing to let people have their opinions...

but this is a waste of time as you cant seem to understand what I am trying to point out and with that I leave you to your Sterotypical views, that disallow anything different...

Dukan
27-03-2006, 04:57
How would I look if I did that?

LMAO...

You really don't want to know. And I really wouldn't want to try. That's why I play fantasy games that allow me to experience a little of that agility and power vicariously. Maybe this is a PvP vs. PvE issue. In PvE, my preference, you spend a lot of time just getting from one place to the next. There's no need to be ninja-sneaking while traversing the countryside.

Watch the Factions trailer. When you see Nika dash, she's running straight, not leaning in with one shoulder like she's trying to push something. Yeah, it's quick, but you can tell.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8/rixter201/Guild%20Wars/misc/Nika01.jpg

The view of Nika in the trailer is brief, but at least you can tell she has some shape.

*And I WANT those daggers!*

My problem is when people say this is how this character should move and look and if you dont make it so im not going to play this character so you better change it or else...
Not sure how you got that out of my OP, but I don't expect Anet to change anything because I don't like it. I don't like it... I'm letting them know... others here agree with me. My solution is simple. I'm not playing an Assassin because a characters movement is important to me and I don't like how they move.

How is Anet supposed to know if they're providing something that people like if the people who don't like something don't say anything? Apparently they heard the complaints before, because the sin's run has been toned down a little. That's nice, thanks for the effort. I'm just saying it would be more appealing to ME if they had a normal run for getting around, then do the ninja-sneak while sprinting or attacking.

I could get used to the adolescent figure. Or try a male Assassin, I suppose. Lately though, I've been preferring female characters.

nkuvu
27-03-2006, 05:19
*And I WANT those daggers!*
Find yourself a copy of the preorder. Those daggers look very similar (if not the same as) the preorder daggers.

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/1915/daggers7jo.th.jpg (http://img157.imageshack.us/my.php?image=daggers7jo.jpg)

Zaxares
27-03-2006, 05:45
The normal assassin running animation looks a little odd to me, but I'll get used to it.

Their sprinting animation, however, is kickass. :cool:

Cosmic Carnage
27-03-2006, 06:56
And I WANT those daggers!

I'd rather have her elite skill Pwn Continent ;p

JeanDeathwish
27-03-2006, 07:26
Their sprinting animation, however, is kickass. :cool:

For me its still nice but not as good as it was. They used to be a bit more hunched closer to the floor, faster moving feet and they used to roll. Now the rest I could have lived with but rolling while running WAS the assassin for me. Now that they took that out the porfession doesnt appeal to me as much. What does though are shadow step skills which will find a home on my E/A.

Dukan
27-03-2006, 07:28
Find yourself a copy of the preorder. Those daggers look very similar (if not the same as) the preorder daggers.
*drools*
Are the items different for different regions or stores, like in the original release? I bought it from EBgames and got the Ithas bow... what a disappointment that thing was. :sad:

What are the stats on those daggers?

nkuvu
27-03-2006, 08:10
All preorder items are the same this time around.

The full stats are shown in the pics in this thread (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=388253).

Pub-O
27-03-2006, 11:26
Oh how i love the way the assassin runs, it's the best thing about the char, that or the teleporting all over the place. personally i can't get enough, the prospect of playing with another character seems....well...boring now

QFT.

Love A/R myself. And their run kicks butt:)

Nanashi
27-03-2006, 11:33
I missed our old run during run speed bosts. Upon recieveing a speed boost, the assassin would lean forward like normal and then tumble forward. You could tumble if you randomly changed direction emediatly atleast until the run speed would wear off. I thought it was pretty neet.

The only thing I'm bummed about, those are the exact daggers that the main character in Faction weilds and she gets to hold them backwards. I want to hold mine backwards and then spin them around before attacking like normal.

What are the stats on those daggers?

They are:

Dmg 7-17 (maxed)
Requirement 9
15% damage increase while enchanted
Customized giving another 20% damage increase.

seablues
28-03-2006, 02:55
You think that...You havent seen a well played Assassin in action against a Warrior in PvP then?

But then Ive had the same thing said about my N/W just before the Warrior who made the mistake of attacking me drops dead at my feet with my health still at full...

And I dont....

I have and its all about blind. I ran my shock war all weekend and it was all about blind if that wasn't put on me i had enough KD's to interupt anything. There were only a couple sins and couple smiters that i didn't obliterate.

and 1 FoC Necro.

I loved attacking the sins in fact.

Lady Eleni
28-03-2006, 03:27
As far as the Assasin look goes, I loved it, more the female than the male. Small, thin, and sneaky, definately the type of person that would be able to get in, ASSASINATE someone, and get out. Not a frontline buff warrior chick, we already have those.
The run is excellent, fits in well with the Assasin persona, gets you down low, moving fast, with a forward center of balance so that if you fall you can roll up and continue running quickly.
Of course, some people have their own opinions on this, but the Assasins appearance and run style fits in well with their role, IMHO.
I enjoyed not having a character with breasts hanging out so far, as well. Compared to the Canthan female casters, she actually looked like she wouldnt be in agony 24/7 from her unsupported breasts. But thats a different can of beans, and we shouldn't delve too deep into it.

Dukan
28-03-2006, 04:27
I enjoyed not having a character with breasts hanging out so far, as well. Compared to the Canthan female casters, she actually looked like she wouldnt be in agony 24/7 from her unsupported breasts. But thats a different can of beans, and we shouldn't delve too deep into it.
That can of beans has been rather deeply delved here:
http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=391141

I'm happy for those who like the female assassin as she is. I suppose if I really want to learn the way of the assassin, I'll have to accept her for who and what her creators meant for her to be.

Longasc
28-03-2006, 18:04
I think they improved the assassin run after the first complaints about the way they walk.

Do you remember the old thread about this? I even called them crippled hunchbacks and whatsoever. I think they greatly improved animations, they are now more acceptable to more people.

Still, you do not seem to be really happy. :(

BTW, the old style WALK animation is still ingame, they use it when they RUN. The new, more upright walk looks better to me, still they are waving a bit too much with the arms for that speed.

The old style walk suits much better when they run, as it looks silly when you walk at slow speed and look like you are sprinting really fast.

Azgalon
29-03-2006, 03:06
Love the way the assassin runs and the models.

littlenec
30-03-2006, 22:36
Assassin is lame.
Maybe they can tell us how he was crippled in a mechanical rice picker when he was young.
No that only gets the ears.

HOW about he was run over by a rickshaw and he recooperated in a monistary and they taught him the ...oh no thats not it.

Godzilla...thats it Godzilla destroyed his village and he was the only Survivor.
no thats been done.

how about he fell off the turnip truck along with the moron that came up with that stupid walk.

yea thats it

little :wave:

Siru
30-03-2006, 23:28
Here's from my point of view:
Intense training for mastering their weapons, combat techniques and movement should make their body nicely build up and flexible. Don't know enough of 'the shadow arts' to say do they have 'requirements' from users bodybuild or side-effects to their bodies (or mind) or something like that. As what I've seen the male assassin looks like it and I'm very happy with it, but I've not watched the female model that much to say anything. Only seen one of 'em dance at alliance battle and that's it :grin:

Furinto
31-03-2006, 03:16
The assassin run is great. It looks like how an assassin (or if you want to go this far, a ninja) should run. There's also nothing wrong with how he looks.

Granted, I only played a male during the beta event, but still.

I dont' understand why so many people are so disgusted over it.

Lefaras
31-03-2006, 11:04
i like the run esp when it is in speed boast mode.

But i dun like the female model.... their heads looks kinda big.....on their little body.I perfer the male one and vice versa for the rit....

Nanashi
31-03-2006, 11:42
The assassin run is great. It looks like how an assassin (or if you want to go this far, a ninja) should run. There's also nothing wrong with how he looks.

Granted, I only played a male during the beta event, but still.

I dont' understand why so many people are so disgusted over it.

I guess some people are worried they'll fall flat on the face because of the way the assassins lean forward while haveing a run skill up.

Personally it reminds me of Ninja Gaiden so I think it's a cool run. Their normal pace without the run skill is a little hokey but I can get passed it.

Rayne Frostbite
31-03-2006, 16:42
I guess Im one of the few who think they ruined the running animation since the last preview... Last time, she was way more bent down, with centered balance - the way someone with stealth, speed and precision in mind SHOULD be running. I also remembered she did lots of tumbles and barrel rolls which was really cool.
Now she runs like an old granny, with no balance in mind, a wannabe assassin. I won't be playing assassin since ritualists are more appealing to me from this point forward...

Xunlai Agent
31-03-2006, 17:03
The run has actually been "defused" a bit since the PvP Weeend and I personally think it's much better now. Clearly it was based off some Ninja films and I can see what Anet is trying to do. However I think the "stance" would be better if it was only active at high speeds. It looks a bit strange if you are walking slow and my assassin looks like a bit of a prat when he is moving slower. But it was changed and it isn't as overexaggerated as it was during the PvP weeked...

Master Divine
01-04-2006, 04:16
The assasins lame run is actually in some realitiveness to a style in a certain martail arts its acutally all about running dont ask me it allows you to gain speed and strike in a certain way and is all about flexability and the use of the enemies own weakness against them (a really inderect style)

However I dont actually like the builds they have for assasins but iv managed to make an awesoem style out of some techniques with a sword i was practicing with yesterday

Master Divine
01-04-2006, 04:41
If i had time i would spend all day explaning why assasins have the certain styles they do and maybe convince a few of you how warriors are actually below them but alas i dont ha ha well ill let you guys serch if your really interested and not just placing false statments:smiley: your choice though

ContactCombat
01-04-2006, 04:51
Master Divine: Are you talking about "Assassin" as in the "Hashashyin" from the Crusades, under ibn al Sabah? Or are you making references to the shinobi class of Samurai from the Iga and Koga lines?

I believe you'll be hard pressed to find a martial historian that will agree with the statement, "Assassins were higher than Warriors". However, you WILL be safe in saying, "Assassins were held in the same regard as Warriors."

My references are from studying the Ismailis and from the Bujinkan and the Genbukan.

Master Divine
01-04-2006, 05:31
Sry bout this it was my bad explanation i wrote it down quick :smiley: i would say this the assasin was superior in certain situations i was wrong to state the assasin higher in all areas but they have their advantages in such states as they were hired to sneakily kill the samuri most the time they were succesful in that a samuri had no defence against a quick rushing silent man tword him and stabing him in his neck at an opportune moment

Assasins if they were taking out directly would be at a disadvantage and would have to quickly adapt to dodging and quick reflexs to navigate thru a warriors defences so that they might be able to draw out the warriors endurence and tire them... it all depends also on the certain terrain differnces
so it would be safe to say you are correct :) and im glad you corrected me i didnt check my writing quite well and i wish for correct information

(Plese excuse my bad spelling. Spelling is my weak point)

funky wookiepants
01-04-2006, 05:59
I don't mind the run, really... it's just the anorexia.
I want to feed my assassin whole herds of cows.
I look at it this way... given that they'd likely have to train their butts off, I'd expect to see a bit more musculature.
Hell, my PS2-addicted gamer daughter has more musculature than the assassin.
I'm not talking about the whole "I'M SO BUFF!! YAAAAAW!!!" thing, either. For an assassin, I'd expect that very lean, no-bodyfat, whipcord muscle thing goin on.

As for the run... maybe they shadowstepped into too many walls during training?

Master Divine
01-04-2006, 06:05
I'd say that the assasins get all they're strength and power from their chi force becuse of their constant need of doing criticls to do strong attacks and gaining energy for it. It's a surprise move and trust me i know alot of people who look like that and they are EXTREMILY strong but i would prefier different armor

Furinto
01-04-2006, 08:17
ninjas mustn't be obese.

I don't hear anybody complaining about the twiggy body of the necromancer.

Nanashi
01-04-2006, 08:35
I'd say that the assasins get all they're strength and power from their chi force...

You mean chakra?

>_<

Sorry, couldn't help myself. We both have Naruto Avatars XP

On a true note though, one of the thing I'm bumed with their regular runs (without run skills) because it does look like they got a wedgy or something. The other thing I miss is the tumble an assassin would perform if they: went from standing still, puting on a run skill, and then running off emediatly; the model would roll forward and then carry itself back upright before running in the position we see them in today when they have a runskill on.

I thought it was neat, if you were in the Facless with a bunch of run skills, you could tumble all over the place. It was that graphic that made me have a good time with playing the assassin during the PVP weekend. While it would look silly, I thought it was fun.

Sry bout this it was my bad explanation i wrote it down quick :smiley: i would say this the assasin was superior in certain situations i was wrong to state the assasin higher in all areas but they have their advantages in such states as they were hired to sneakily kill the samuri most the time they were succesful in that a samuri had no defence against a quick rushing silent man tword him and stabing him in his neck at an opportune moment

Well here's some trueth as to why assassins owned Samurai. While Samurai could defend themsevles well if they did come face to face with an assassin, their problem was assassins never took a defensive stance unless if their opponent knew exactly where they were and struck first. Assassins, like the Jamacans during Napoleans attempts to conqur Jamaca, they used what we know as Gurilla tactics.

The Samurai, during the western expansion, were still useing line of sight tactics. Basicly, two armies would march into a position and stare their opponents down before chargeing straight ahead once the command was given. Of corse, Gurilla tactics was completely defensive and it was scared Napolean half to death when his army was dropping like flies. You kept your opponent guessing as to where you would burst out from and with assassins they mainly struck from behind because if the assassin was quick the samurai would not beable to defend himself quick enough.

Nanashi
01-04-2006, 08:48
This post was edited do to double posting, I appologize.

Master Divine
01-04-2006, 17:16
HE HE :smiley: I would say you got your ancient martail arts history down and i wish that the assasins would do their roll thing again oh and on a side note Naruto is an awesome show :happy:

funky wookiepants
01-04-2006, 21:41
I'm not by any means saying we should have fat assassins, duh. I'm thinkin' tho, that their body morphology would be similar to, say, a ballerina's.
After you're done laughing, think about it some more.
It requires tremendous muscle control to be able to stand 'en pointe', among many other moves; similarly, imagine the muscle control it'd require to keep your assassin tucked up between the ceiling rafters, ready to drop down and lop his victim's head off.
Now, look at scrawny little Sally the Assassin over there... think she could do that? No me, man. Those legs'd snap like twigs.

Master Divine
02-04-2006, 03:27
As i'v said before it's all the assasins chi force your spirit can give you great strong waves of strength that are better then any warrior could have from just pure weight traning

Most assasins did look relativly simmilar to the assasins in guild wars several differences and they would be historicaly sound its just the shadow jump

However you wouldn't want to get in a fight with me and i look realitivly simmilar to the assasins maybe a bit different but my point is clear if you are one who studies weaknesses of others, pressure points and learn to control you spirit force you can achive things others can't belive.

funky wookiepants
02-04-2006, 04:59
"Most assasins did look relativly simmilar to the assasins in guild wars..."
Sure thing, dude.
You might want to reconsider the idea of getting your historical and spiritual info from anime.

ContactCombat
02-04-2006, 06:33
As I noted in another post, the word "Assassin" comes from the word "Hashashin", which pertains to "Hash", a drug that causes euphoria and hallucinations. The original "Assassins" were actually religious fanatics from the middle east that followed Hasan-i Sabbah, and they were rumored to have been drugged up and tricked into believing that a luxurious afterlife awaited them if they died after killing their target. They also approached in disguise and preferred to kill their victims in mosques.

Therefore, if we wanted to get "Realistic", then "Assassins" would all be middle eastern...probably starved and scrawny (think about the types of people that would be drawn to commit suicidal assassinations), and dressed in simple muslim robes.

Go here for some brief info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashishin

If you want to make a case for GW "Assassins" appearing as a more mainstream version of popular media/anime/fictional "Ninja", then we're talking a whole different ballgame.

Master Divine
02-04-2006, 06:36
Trust me when i say this im not basing any of this information on anime have you ever read a historical book on assasins and samarui they are old and rare but most of them depict the ninja as a quick slimer in the night never to be thought of as a killer for their skinny looking apperance

I will say they killed their opponets very discretly and silently but the way is of the chi this is a concept i have studied profusly on in my time in studing different forms of martail arts.

However the moves of the assasin in guild wars is not historicaly accurate but the buffness of their size is to be very accurate an assasin would never just go up like in guild wars and attack like they do.

Assasin is expected to be very sly and quick they usually would kill their opponets in one hit and run for it but that would make guild wars a drag if you could kill your opponet in one hit also said if an assasin was caught in the open he would be at a major disadvantage *read earlier post*

funky wookiepants
02-04-2006, 08:23
Whatever makes you feel good.

/switches off local chat

merlo
04-04-2006, 02:05
And the female assassin still looks like a 14 year old. I've been playing one for about an hour. I'm trying to get past the crippled, child assassin appearance and give the profession an honest chance... really, I am.

Alas... it's not happening. Guess she's just not my cup of tea. And her.... dance? Uhm.... what exactly is that?
I know how you feel Dukan, aesthetics is an important part of a character you're going to invest many hours in. I didn't play the FPE, but perhaps you could play a male assassin instead? It won't help w/ the run, but the male assassins don't look as "crippled" and "child"- like.

Spoil of War
04-04-2006, 02:12
I like the run when it's in sprint mode. It especially looks good from the front. I have to agree with the comments about the female though. I have to wonder what her parents would say if they saw her playing with all those sharp knives. ;p

boomshakaboom
04-04-2006, 13:26
lol we got are very own Ninja here LOL....im built like an assasin LOL.

i

Kjentei
05-04-2006, 04:06
To be completely honest, I actually LIKE the way assassins run. :grin: