PDA

View Full Version : Signet of Creation - Signet of Suicide?

Longasc
27-03-2006, 11:29
Signet of Creation - 0E,2C,10R
Signet. All spirits and animated creatures in the area gain +6 Health regeneration. After 30 seconds, those spirits and creatures are destroyed.

Okay, imagine this: Minion Master raises an army. The ritualist supports him by providing +6/+7 Health regeneration.

Only to have them all die 30 seconds later???

It would be good to know if this signet only affects YOUR creatures or all minions/spirits in the area. Otherwise Necros will want to kill the person who uses this signet.

Satinka
27-03-2006, 12:20
I think the minions only die when you stop spamming the signet. For example when a Ranger uses Distracting Shot on it.

Darakus
27-03-2006, 14:57
hum if it works against foe it would be a nice counter to MMs, +6 regen then run away for 30 secs and bubye minion army

Blighter
27-03-2006, 15:06
I noticed this. Strange that it doesn't just affect allied minions, unless the description is wrong. I think that it could be used offensively with some good affects but I didn't get round to trying it.

If you are faced with an enemy MM with an army of minions your ritualist could run into the army and activate the signet, ensuring that in 30 seconds all of the affected minions will die. With a low attribute point level this could give only +1 regen (I think) so wouldn't help the necro much. Then the necro could only wait 30 secs for his army to collaspe around him.

EDIT: Sorry Darakus... similar post but you posted whilst I was writing.

Can the signet's regen get down as low as +1 or is +6 the lowest?

KichigaiMike
27-03-2006, 15:36
Hmmm.. Mass Death Nova, anyone?

Artemis Shadowhawk
27-03-2006, 16:24
I tested some with Signet of Creation. You cannot continuously spam it without sacrificing your minions. Sorry.

lumimantteli
27-03-2006, 17:29
Hmmm.. Mass Death Nova, anyone?

Thats just what I and Siru were talking about few weeks ago. Seeing this happen.

Random A: "Hey that MM is using Sig of Creation!"
Random W: "I don't care, he has only level 10 minions."
Random A: "MM is using Death Nova!"

*Booooooooooom*

at the Ressurection Shrine..

Random A: "I told you.."
Random W: "omg, haxxors!!1!"

:laugh:

Erasculio
27-03-2006, 20:42
It would be good to know if this signet only affects YOUR creatures or all minions/spirits in the area. Otherwise Necros will want to kill the person who uses this signet.
I think it's just a matter of not using that particularly skills with a Minion Master in your group. There are plenty of skills that could ruin a MM build (heh, any build : P), and Signet of Creation is useful for a lot of other purposes. I kind like it, and I think we'll see it more if the idea that "MM = Win Button for Alliance Battles" persists (I don't think that's true, but...).

Erasculio

Longasc
27-03-2006, 21:27
The problem is friendly fire - Ritualists could ruin their own parties MM. This skill could be used for griefing in random arenas.

Spoil of War
27-03-2006, 23:07
But combine it with an Explosive Growth build and you've got yourself the brand new master of Dark Bombing. :)

Necromas
28-03-2006, 03:37
Signet of Creation - 0E,2C,10R
Signet. All spirits and animated creatures in the area gain +6 Health regeneration. After 30 seconds, those spirits and creatures are destroyed.

Okay, imagine this: Minion Master raises an army. The ritualist supports him by providing +6/+7 Health regeneration.

Only to have them all die 30 seconds later???

Dont forget, this works against ENEMY minions and spirits as well. If you dont put skill points into it, the regen wont help the enemies, so it's basically a big nuke that can be used to kill minions and long lasting spirits. But 30 seconds seems too long to be useful in PvP, unless I guess it's against minion factory. But join a PvE MM farming group, and have some fun with it ;)

Artemis Shadowhawk
28-03-2006, 05:43
I just wanna say that Signet of Creation is a great choice for spirits especially defensive spirits. For example, if you were to use Union, Shelter, and Recuperation, you'd be able to maintain +10 health regen on Union and Shelter which would keep them alive longer. Saying they will almost never stay alive for 30 seconds as is, the sacrifice doesn't hurt that much. I like Signet of Creation.

Falrow
30-03-2006, 07:56
This sig + any level EoE = total ownage of all MM builds in PvP.

You just have to be smart about it

Gangrel
30-03-2006, 12:23
Tis signet is easier to use offensively than defensively.. The nuke part hurts the enemy mroe than it hurts you. And since the recharge is relatively low, and theres no mana cost, something i wrong..

Longasc
30-03-2006, 12:27
Is it really a 30 second complete spirit&minion annihilation device? Does it really not discriminate between your and enemy spirits/minions?

This signet could make for some interesting strategies, but somehow this skill does not seem right the way it is. Must think about it some more though.

Falrow
30-03-2006, 19:52
Works REALLY great denfensively matched with Shelter/Union and Ritual Lord. You can get ALOt more activations out of those spirits, which normally die ALOT faster then 30 seconds.

Siru
31-03-2006, 00:10
hum if it works against foe it would be a nice counter to MMs, +6 regen then run away for 30 secs and bubye minion army
I made a Rt/N build against all those spiritspammers and MM's at alliance battle. With no points on spawning to get SOC regen everything only +1.. :lauhging: Corpse control from necrotic traversal and minion/spirit destruction skills. All the opposing Rts & necros loved me :grin:

On offencive use SOC is not as good as combinied with Soul Twisting to make your spirits worth the while :thumbsup: