PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else experienced sound problems after the FPE?

CHIPS
29-03-2006, 21:48
I use the onboard sound card of the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe. Before the FPE, I can set the sound quality to max without any problems. (notice that high sound quality was avaliable before the FPE) After I downloaded the files for FPE, however, I notice that I can only hear the music. The sound effects such as the sword hitting, or spells casting, are all gone.

This problem only goes away after I setted the sound quality to the 2nd best level. Then I can hear the sound effects again. I throught that, perhaps the high quality sound for Factions is not ready yet, so it won't work. As a result, I did not play close attention to it.

After the FPE ended, the problem remains. The high quality sound that used to work, in the old GW:P areas, no longer works. All I hear is the music. I must set my sound quality to the 2nd highest, in order to hear the sound effects.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? I highly doubt it is because of my sound driver, because the high quality sound effects worked fine before the FPE.

nibor
30-03-2006, 10:45
I had also major sound problems, at one point I only had music.
To fix it, I removed the gw.dat file and let GW download the whole game again,
now I can hear every sound again. Only sometimes the sound is still gone, but
If I just drag the quality slider, the sounds are hearable again.

So there are still issues there, that need to be solved.

nibor
30-03-2006, 15:10
I now also have again broken sounds !

Very irritating, wonder when they are gonna fix it !

Gorani
30-03-2006, 16:24
You should try to repost this in the Tech Forum (or read posts there) There were a lot of buggy sounds after the recent updates.

Ashberry
30-03-2006, 16:52
The sounds seems to be improving each time for me. So they are definately trying to fix things. It's still not perfect, and there's still those visual problems with the fog thing but atleast their working on it.

CHIPS
09-04-2006, 05:58
It seems that the problem is fixed now. :afro: