PDA

View Full Version : Some assasin spells should be skills instead

Phoenixtech
30-03-2006, 01:24
I don't know about you, but it makes more sense to me that stuff like:

dancing daggers, Crippling daggers, entangling asp, Mantis touch, blinding powder, caltrops all be "skills" instead of a "spell".

I think it would make more sense and it really wouldn't unbalance assasins. It doesn't make sense that an assasin would be casting a "dancing daggers" SPELL and would have to worry about being backfired.

Zaxares
30-03-2006, 04:31

dancing daggers, Crippling daggers, entangling asp, Mantis touch, blinding powder, caltrops all be "skills" instead of a "spell".

I think it would make more sense and it really wouldn't unbalance assasins. It doesn't make sense that an assasin would be casting a "dancing daggers" SPELL and would have to worry about being backfired.

Totally agree. They were probably made spells for balance reasons, although it really grates on me that caltrops is a spell. :undecided:

P.S. Vote for Gwen! ---> http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=391509

Ubermancer
30-03-2006, 12:20
/signed

PS: Verata wont put you in a burn ward!

Xunlai Agent
30-03-2006, 12:49
/signed

~Xunlai Agent~

Bobross
31-03-2006, 05:20
hey at least assassins get "skills" that act like stances, but stack with them (critical eye).

weaponvii
02-04-2006, 04:27
Don't you watch Naruto? Ninjas, especially mythic Ninjas, were quite capible of using magic.

How else do you think they have 'infinite ammo' for them? :p

Zaxares
02-04-2006, 05:04
Don't you watch Naruto? Ninjas, especially mythic Ninjas, were quite capible of using magic.

How else do you think they have 'infinite ammo' for them? :p

Where do the rangers keep all their infinite arrows? :grin:

At least the assassins are usually depicted having dozens of throwing knives and other weapons on their body.

Tanamoril
02-04-2006, 15:33
Assassins need spells, because of the Elite that blacks out your spells and all opponent's spells/skills (forgot).

Siru
03-04-2006, 00:40
Expertise and skills? Think about it..

NO! :angry:

Zaxares
03-04-2006, 05:14
Expertise and skills? Think about it..

NO! :angry:

Ohhhh. Good point, Siru... :sad:

Telkandore
03-04-2006, 07:10

Turn them into skills and you're better off using Ranger primary than an Assassin...
...which is happening with Temple Strike builds, but let's not go to that sensitive side of the GW:F world...